Chapter 14
194 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           The next morning, I was woken up like usual by Adel. Immediately we went to the vanity table for the usual morning..After the usual morning was done, we went to the dining room for breakfast. Arriving there, I was surprised that father and mother were not absent. It seemed the little two work were paid off, but they still seemed to keep their distance, because mother sat not in the usual seat, the seat was more distant than usual, it was 1 seat away from father.

            I took a seat in my seat, and after that, father clapped like usual, some servants came like usual. Everything was like usual with 1 thing different, the room was too quiet. There was no exchange of words between father and mother, even the little two not exchanging some words. The first one who finished the meal was mother. Immediately she left the room, but I saw her plate, there was some leftover, the usual she didn’t leave any food on the plate. After mother, it was father who finished the meal, followed by the little two. I was surprised by everyone’s act, especially because they left some food on the plate, usually their plate was so clean. 

            I finished my meal, and left the room. I went to my room. Like usual in my room, there was a table and chair with a tea set and some snacks. They were in there all of sudden after breakfast, before breakfast there was nothing in there. I was sitting there with Adel beside me, she poured me tea. In the balcony, I could see the little two were in the garden with the 4 children and their maids. 

            It seemed they were trying to find some flowers. I saw them collecting a lot of flowers with different colors, and the maids showed them how to string all of it to become some headbands. After showing it to them, all of them started to string all of it. They kept struggling to make the headbands.

            “It is adorable, they are trying to make a headband from flowers..” I said to Adel.

            “Maybe, my lady can join them…”

            “Maybe or maybe not…”

            “I think the headbands are for his grace and madam..”

            “It’s so adorable of them, that they are doing all of this just for father and mother to make up..”

            “Well, you can follow them, and find something for his grace and madam..”

            “I think my own health is great for them. If I go out without them knowing, I think it will make the situation worse..”

            I kept watching them from a distance. The one who finished the first headband was Aelia, followed by Felix, Alicia, Ophelia, Aurelio. Alecia was the only one who couldn’t finish the headband..I thought she could finish it, but she found it boring so she didn’t want to finish it..After that they went inside the home.

            “My lady, you want to follow them and watch it?” Adel asked me because what I had done yesterday.

            “I think no, Let’s just wait in here and take a time waiting Lady Octavi come for tutoring.”

            I kept waiting on the balcony for some time until Lady Octavi came to the room. At some point, Lady Octavi came inside the room, and started to tutor me. While in tutoring, it was so odd, the sound of clashing wooden swords was not heard like usual from outside the garden. The tutor was so short this time, not like usual, so it finished quickly.. After the tutoring, Lady Octavi became my lady-in-waiting from my tutor. We took a seat on the balcony to have a tea time, and we noticed in the garden, there was Alecia alone without the maid attire but plain clothes with brown pants. She kept swinging her wooden sword from her hand. 

            “It seems father is absent to teach her some sword lesson..” I said to Lady Octavi. 

            “I think it’s not his grace that the only one who is absent, madam, is absent too to teach for Alicia and Aelia..” She answered.

            “Really?? I feel bad for that..” 

            “On my way in here, I saw the young master and the young lady went to the third floor with some headbands in their hands..”

            “Ahh, the headbands that they made…”

            I watched Alecia keep swinging her sword alone, watching it I asked Lady Octavi.

            “How about we go to the garden and Lady Octavi, can you be her sword tutor” I pointed at Alecia in the garden “for today?”

            “If that is what my lady wishes, I will be obliged to fulfill it..”

            We stood up from the seat, and immediately went to the garden. Arriving in the garden, I took a seat in the pavilion, while Lady Octavi took a wooden sword at the side of the garden, and approached Alecia. They spared each other with the wooden sword, while I was watching them in the pavilion. I saw Alecia was so aggressive toward Lady Octavi, meanwhile Lady Octavi only used her left hand, not her prime hand to block all her attacks. I was the one who was not familiar with swords, and didn't know how Alecia performed.

            I asked Adel, who was beside me, “Adel, What do you think about Alecia?” 

            “I think she is great, she may be better than the young master..”

            “Really! It’s great that she finds something interesting for her, even though it is a sword that interests her, beside being left alone in the street...How about the other two?” 

            “I think Aelia finds interest in his grace affairs, and Alicia finds interest in madam affairs..”

            “I don’t know if Alicia finds interest in mother’s affairs, I find her more timid and more shy..”

            “That’s why she is interested in madam affairs..”

            After watching some sword clashes between Lady Octavi and Alecia, I thought about something..

            “Adel, you said you are familiar with holding a sword, how about you replace Lady Octavi as sparring partner?” 

            “If that is what my lady wants, I will oblige.”

            Adel walked toward them, Lady Octavi noticed Adel walked toward them, and gave a signal to Alecia to stop the spar. Adel exchanged words with them about my wish. Immediately Lady Octavi looked at me, tapped Alecia's shoulder, and whispered to her, while Adel walked toward the side of the garden to retrieve a wooden weapon, not a short sword, not a rapier nor a longsword even an axe, but a simple short dagger. 

            Adel went back to Alecia, and Lady Octavi walked toward the pavilion..Adel started her stance with her dagger, it was different from Lady Octavi stance, it was more relaxed and light with a left hand that held the dagger in the air, while she disabled her right hand in the back..

            When Lady Octavi took a seat in the pavilion, I saw Alecia start to move at Adel, immediately she dashed toward Adel, and swung her sword. But, in a quick time, her sword was on the ground, I saw Adel like not make a great single move, her stance didn’t change. I turned my look to Lady Octavi that beside me, she just put her hand on her head. I heard a little cussing from her..

            “What the hell is she doing? Not even hold a single bit toward that child..”

            Alecia immediately took her sword, started again, and again, and again. 

            I asked Lady Octavi what was going on “What was going on with Alecia sword?” 

            “It got deflected then she parried it..”

            “With that quick time…” 

            “Yes…” 

            Alecia kept trying to get a hit at Aldea, but immediately her sword was on the ground, again, again, and again…I thought I watched it enough..I walked at them with Lady Octavi beside me..Adel noticed it and immediately gave a sign to Alecia to stop..

            I said to Adel “I think it’s enough, it was great you showed me your familiarity with the sword..” I looked at her left hand “I think it’s more familiar toward the dagger.” 

            She just nodded at me..

            I turned my face to Alecia who was lying on the ground, that was exhausted from the one sided spar..

            I bended down at her face “Great work from sparring…”

            “*sigh* than *sigh* k you..”

            From their sparring, suddenly I had an idea, and I looked at Aldea and Lady Octavi..

            “You two…how about you spar each other? So Alecia can learn from your sparring”

            Their expressions immediately changed, and looked at each other..

           Lady Octavi the first said “Hohhhhhooohoo…I think it’s great idea, right Aldea?..”

            “I agree…” Aldea answered…

            “Great…”

            After some moments for Alecia adjusted her breathing, Alecia and I went to the side, and sat there, not in the pavilion, for a clearer view…Aldea walked toward Alecia, took her wooden sword, and threw it at Lady Octavi…

            In front of the wooden sword, Lady Octavi turned it down, kicked out the wooden sword, and looked at Aldea “Come on, Aldea!! You know there is some better way than this wood..” 

            “What are you talking about?” with a flat tone, Aldea answered it.

            “Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about...” 

            “Honestly I don’t know about what you mean, Lady Octavi.”

            “Is it because my lady is here?” 

            Aldea didn’t reply to it..

            Lady Octavi immediately unsheathe her real sword from her sword sheath in her hip belt. 

            Lady Octavi showed some smirk “Don’t be so blunt, Aldea!” It seemed Lady Octavi was looking down on Aldea.  

            Aldea started to raise her wooden dagger with her left hand..

            It made Lady Octavi agitated, and she looked at me “My lady, can you order her to unsheathe her weapon out?”

            I found her words confusing “What weapons are you talking about?” 

            “It is beneath her skirt, there must be a weapon for her..”

            “How do you know about that?”

            “I always notice it while we are walking together…Can you please order her to take it out, my lady?”

            “Alright if you say that…” I turned my face to Aldea “If what Aldea said it’s true, I think it’s great if you take it out, Aldea uses her own sword, It’s not alright if you use that wooden dagger..”

            Lady Octavi smirked toward Aldea, and Aldea frowned her face toward Lady Octavi..

            “*sigh*” Aldea lifted her skirt, and showed some daggers beneath it, attached with her garter belts, while she was taking one of the daggers “Lady Octavi, you know that I hide these weapon for a reason right.”

            She raised the dagger with her right hand, and took a stance different when she sparred with Alecia..She raised her right hand with the dagger in the air, and her left hand was not disabled, but it raised the same as her right hand..

            Lady Octavi said “Finally you show it, and it’s in front of my lady..” while swirling her sword, after that she immediately took a alber stance with her sword pointing to the ground in front of her hip..

            “Lady Octavi, honestly I don’t want to hate you…but I think this time you are beyond the line…”

            “Well, I know your reason why you hide the weapon, because it’s your job, work in the shadows, right?”

            “I think that’s enough Lady Octavi, if you keep going beyond the line, it can make me hate you more than ever…”

            “So you mean it’s alright for your liege that you serve without knowing you, especially your form—” 

            Suddenly a dagger flew fast paced, passed beside Lady Octavi’s head, made some of her hairs fly and pierced the wall of the home…

            Adel showed an expression that I had never seen before, it felt she was beyond angry, and beyond anger from what Lady Octavi had said..

            “I know you are a viscount, and you are Claudi Gent who stay side by side under my liege family Aurelius, but there is some boundary that you should not seek in your liege family especially their servant, your word was beyond that boundary, I am here as servant and personal maid for my lady, it means my liege that you served acknowledged and recognized me for this duty, no matter what past and background I have, where my liege knew from beginning, you who questioning my background, it means you questioning the one who you served…Octavi..” 

            It seemed this sparring became more personal, maybe it would become deathly, should I stop this?

 

 

This story will have slow pace and more details about every act, scene, or event, because I am sort of type person who like to write as same as what I had imagined, so feel free to criticize this story, maybe I find out that the way I write is too long, and make me to think again for the future..

14