Chapter 36 What had happened when I was unconscious?
53 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Two days had been passed, Adel and Lady Octavi constantly told me to meet the crown prince, where he always visited me. I just kept telling them, I want to be alone right now…

            Yet, with party in the palace was on schedule tomorrow. I found myself in between two of choices, whether to attend the party or not. With feeling scared to Nona, surely I wouldn’t attend the party, but again, for my survival, I needed to attend the party….Well, screwed about Nona…I was already in deep down with her…Whether I attended it or not, in the end would be same…

            When Adel came on my door in the evening to deliver my food, I opened it. Adel's gaze was perplexed because I hadn't opened the door in two days. Adel let the food to remain in front of the door, and I accepted it. After I completed my dinner, I returned everything to the door, and Adel collected the dishes. 

            In front of the door, I told her, “About the invitation from the crown prince, I will attend the party…”

            Adel found it surprising, and asked “Are you serious, my lady?”

            “Yes, I am serious…”

            “That’s a delightful news from you…”

            About tranmsutation, it was better if I asked her or Lady Octavi, which I had seen their own transmutation.

            I said, "May you or Lady Octavi teach me about this transmutation?"

            When I looked at Adel, her countenance was horrified and startled at my desire to study this transformation...

            When I saw her expression, I said, "Is there anything wrong with me learning this transmutation?"

            “Actually, my lady…” It seemed Adel was struggling to tell me the reason of it, and she asked, “How about I bring Lady Octavi to you, maybe she will tell you how you learn the transmutation, my lady?” I nodded, grateful for Adel's suggestion. "Yes, please bring Lady Octavi to me. I am eager to understand the intricacies of transmutation and why it has such a profound effect on you." Adel nodded and quickly left the room to fetch Lady Octavi. As I waited, a sense of anticipation and curiosity filled me, wondering what secrets this transmutation and how it would change my life. 

            A few seconds later, I heard a knock on the door and told it to come in...Lady Octavi was there...She approached me. "I have been informed, my lady is looking for me," she remarked in front of me.

            I looked at Adel, who was standing behind Lady Octavi; it appeared she hadn't told her.

            "Yes…I'm looking for you...There are several things I want you to know..."

            "Gladly, I will hear it…"
            "First and foremost, I shall attend the party...with the crown prince...So you may tell him about it..." 

Lady Octavi nodded and responded, "Of course, I will notify the crown prince of your attendance at the party." Is there anything else I can do for you?" 

I stopped for a time, carefully pondering my next words. "There is one more thing," I murmured, leaning in closer, "I want...to...learn...about...the...transmutation..."

            Lady Octavi's visage, like Adel's, was altered...She gave Adel a quick glance...

            I said, "So, is my desire to learn the transmutation hard to achieve for me?"

            She returned her gaze to my and replied, "No...my lady is capable of learning it...But…" She was striving to say it to me once again...

            “Is there any hurdle or barrier for me?”
            “There is no such those things for you…Yet, my lady, do you still remember when we first met with the four children?”

            “The four children? Ah! You mean Alecia, Alicia, Aelia, and Felix…Of course, I remember it…”

            I saw they looked at each other, after that, Lady Octavi said, “In that time, my lady was unconscious for some reason.”

            “Yes…”

            “Before unconscious, do you remember anything?”

            I tried to remember it, and I remembered it, before I was unconscious, Lady Octavi and Adel were bruised, even Lady Octavi kneeled in front of me. I said, “You and Adel were bruised, and you were somehow kneeled in front of me…While Adel was trying to protect the children.”

            “That’s right…the truth is my lady………you had used your transmutation in that time…and it was your first time…”

            Disbelief what she said, I was so surprised and shocked, “WHAT!! You mean I used transmutation? But I've never even attempted it before! How is that possible?"    

            “Eventually, my lady, after that incident, you had used it a lot of times…”

            “What do you mean by a lot of times?” asked me.  

            “I hope telling this to you, my lady…not make his grace and madam furious to me, but I think it’s better to tell you the truth behind everything had you experienced…..The truth is after you had the illness, you were hallucinating, and sometimes you used your transmutation, even made people around you got hurt.” 

I gasped in shock, unable to comprehend what I was hearing. So that was why, everytime I got conscious sometimes Adel was bruised…Wait, if Adel and Lady Octavi could have been bruised by me…

            “Two of you are in black transmutation stage, how the hell could I hurt you?”

            Again, they were eye contacting…Lady Octavi said, “Because of your transmutation, my lady…”

            “My transmutation??”

            “You have been inherited from madam, so…Your transmutation is powerful than ours…”

            “My mother has transmutation too…”

            “Of course, madam is the one who taught us about it and how to use it…”

            My assumption was right... So, it was my mother who had taught them about black transmutation and how to use it. It seemed that she was the one behind their powerful transmutation abilities. 

            For over seven years, I tried to ask everyone who came to my room, what had happened to me, after I was unconscious. They just simply answered, they didn’t know anything. Adel, who always stayed beside me, even she didn’t answer. It felt like they treated me like a child, the old Aurelia, the fifteen years old Aurelia, who kept staying inside her room for seven years..Not kept staying, but locked in her own room, to think it like that, it made me sad.. I yearned for answers, desperate to understand the mysterious circumstances surrounding my unconsciousness. The isolation and secrecy only deepened my sadness, leaving me feeling trapped in a never-ending cycle of unanswered questions. 

            I didn’t know how do I feel about this, being sad towards me or being angry towards them for keeping this matter a secret from me… It was a confusing mix of emotions that consumed me, leaving me torn between blaming myself for not knowing and resenting my family for their silence. 

            I asked them, “So when the queen charged me with damaging property, it meant at that time when I knew about the Crown Prince and Lady Anna, unintended I used the transmutation and wrecked everything, was it really the happened?”

            Adel took step forward and answered, “Yes, my lady…that was really happened…”

            “It means emotion can affect the transmutation..”

            “That’s right..” answered Lady Octavi.

            I asked again, “If Valerie transmutation is red, shown by her weapon became red when he used it, Cassius is blue, shown by his weapon became blue. You two somehow are different, the transmutation from you two can make your wrist fully become black too with the weapons. Why is it different?”

            “Valerie and Cassius are in the normal stage of transmutation…Which black transmutation is a little bit special one…And couldn’t be achieved with a normal method like the normal stage…”

            “What about my transmutation?”

            “My lady has been inherited from madam, so you…have…a white…one…”

            I had white transmutation? She said, I have been inherited from my mother, “Does that mean mother has white transmutation?”

            “Yes, madam has it…I think all Aurelius family members have it…”

            I was suprised, “It means the little two have it too?”

            “I believe it so…” I realised, when Adel was on the training ground, Valerie asked me to not reveal her transmutation, why? So I asked, “Are these transmutations a secret from my family?”
            “Why my lady ask that?”
            “I have been advised by Valerie to not reveal Adel’s transmutation, when he was sparring with Lady Hillaria…”

            “Lady Hillaria?”
            “Hillaria Antia…”

            “Ah! Antia family, the military family from the royal family…Well…there is a feud between Aurelius family with Julius family the royal family…surely, there are some family who want to know how strong your family is, my lady?”
            “Do others family have people who have black and white transmutation?”

            “No…Only Aurelius who already knew how to achieve it…so, you know what it means, right, my lady?”

            So these black and white transmutations were so powerful, and only my family who knew how to achieve it…

            “What will happen if others family know that Aurelius family already achieved it?”

            Lady Octavi face’s became more serious and intense, she said, “The worst scenario is faction war…”

            “How?”

            “It will start with the royal family, the royal with the other family behind them will say to the council and court, that Aurelius family is betraying the kingdom…It will make a conflict between the four vassal which consisted most powerful and influence vassal of the kingdom…Your family is one of the four, so there is high chance the others family will jealous, and start to see your family as enemy…After that, my lady will know it...And once the other families see your family as an enemy, it will be difficult to regain their trust and restore peace within the kingdom. The consequences could be devastating, leading to a long-lasting division and chaos among the vassals."

5