Harem of Saeculum: Rise of Man – Chapter Thirteen
236 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rhonda met me at the front entrance. She already had a large amount of gear ready to go. Sheriff Orkan had already planned to send her beyond the town’s borders. So, I volunteered to tag along. He has a lot of faith in Rhonda, so his thinking makes sense. I get to it, helping her sort the gear. ‘An m429? It’s one of my weapons from the cabin.’ If this was here, but before I could finish my thought, I heard the roaring engine pulling into the station. I look up to see my dad’s custom-armed Humvee. Sheriff Orkan gets out, and I already spot the other m429 mounted on the top. There’s no doubt we’re going heavy on this. He helps pack some of the gear into the vehicle. Then I turn to see Kathy Taylor strolls up wearing tight cargo pants, a camo tan camo top, boots, and a big damn bag. She automatically looks at me and knows what I’m thinking.

“Look, you’re going to need someone with medical training,” Kathy said.

“She’s right, and you know that,” Deputy Rhonda Orkan declared.

I ignored the fact that between Rhonda and me, we had an ample amount of combat medic experience. That didn’t mean we could use a doctor, but the way I see it, she’s more of a help here. Again, she read my mind and had a counterpoint.

“I have a black belt in judo and taekwondo. If that’s not enough to convince you, my skills also include an additional bonus; I won a bronze medal at the Olympics. So, you need me,” Kathy said.

“Bronze?” I said.

“What??? Bronze isn’t good enough for you?” Kathy asked, crossing her arms.

Simply crossing her arms reveals the sheer size of her ample chest. She notices where the focus of my eyes is, but I turn away before she can react.

“You realize that puts you in the top percentile of sharpshooters in the world...,” I said, rubbing my hands through my hair.

“You didn’t know that? Everyone in town knows this,” Deputy Orkan said.

“I don’t watch the Olympics...,” I said.

“Figures you wouldn’t. Why would you?” Deputy Orkan said.

“So, am I coming along or what?” Kathy questioned, still crossing her arms.

“Don’t worry, I’ll look after her,” Deputy Orkan said.

“Aren’t you supposed to be watching my six?” I questioned.

“I’m just one gal, Hawthorne. I can’t watch all of your six by myself if I wanted to,” Orkan said.

“See, that’s what I’m here for,” Kathy said.

“Are you okay with this, Sheriff?” I said, looking at him, trying not to pay attention.

“Deputy Fulton’s also going along,” Orkan answered.

“Let me guess, marine recon or green beret?” I said.

“Marine Recon…,” Deputy Fulton said.

Kathy is still crossing her arms patiently as I glance over at her.

“Fine, get some more gear packed,” I said.

In trepidation, the young ginger red-haired woman claps her hands as she jumps in excitement, then picks up the assortment of bags around her. ‘I hope she knows this isn’t some camping trip. Odds are we’re never coming back alive. That’s not an understatement either.’ I pick up more gear and help load the Humvee. The plan I devised allowed one person to risk their life, my life. Now there were four of us; this was getting out of hand. Too many people were getting involved in this. Rhonda was enough, but now Kathy and Deputy Fulton were going. I can’t say this wasn’t in the cards beforehand. We definitely need to know what’s out there. Sheriff Orkan nods his head for me to come over.

“I set the girls up on the eleventh floor. That’s where I sent the rest of the civilians, too,” Orkan said, handing me his K-Bar knife.

I got the hint at what he meant. With that, I gave Sheriff Orkan a nod and went into the hospital to make my way to the elevator. However, I didn’t have to walk far as the elevator doors opened the moment I came to the end of the long hallway. As the doors opened, there they were. My sisters pile out, running into my arms, and all three hug me at once. Like our mother, they were as lovely as she was. As her daughters, her genes bless the three of them, her long blonde hair. My sisters are magnificent, and each styled her long golden locks to suit their personalities. They were still upset about the losses. I wish I could have brought them back. Unfortunately, there’s no way to know if those will be the last of the casualties of this land. As a result, this mission is more critical than merely rescuing Aphanea. It was vital to save her, as she could be the key to our town’s survival in this world.

Farrah is the first to pull back and give me the ‘What the hell were you thinking stare’ as she fights back her tears. She’s the oldest of the three by one minute each. Farrah sports twin-braided pigtails that fall to her mid-back with thin red-rim glasses. I always saw her as an older sister. Despite her young age, Farrah certainly fits the role of an older sister. She has large, round, azure blue eyes that sparkle through them. Her thick, straight blonde eyebrows and slender, upturned nose gave her an intelligent look. Light brown freckles dot her nose and cheeks. Her most prominent features are her pouty bowtie lips and angular cheekbones that match her angular jawline. I am taller than my sisters by a long measure, but they are by no means short. Rhonda and my Farrah rival each other in height.

Like Rhonda, Farrah has a succulently curvy figure as she enjoys an ample bosom and what many consider a peach bottom. Both are genetic traits that run in my family. Most of her height comes from her lengthy midsection and thick but long, slender legs. My siblings spent that time on the cheerleading and track teams from junior high to high school. This dedication resulted in them having shapely bodies. Farrah’s genes endow her with femininely thick childbearing thighs that elicited attention from many of her peers. Today Farrah is wearing her typical wardrobe, a long red turtleneck with skin-tight black leggings and white high-top sneakers. She wears a short dark blue jean jacket with a puffy hood because of the cool temperatures. A black leather corset completed her outfit. An odd fact simply because the season indicates that it’s summer. There is also a possibility that this planet rotates farther from the sun than our planet.

“I’m going on a mission. There’s someone I need to save…,” I said.

Appoline and Dalilah held me tighter.

“But you just got back!” Appoline and Dalilah cried in unison.

“Is it that woman that saved you?” Farrah asked.

“Yes, the same… monster responsible for killing them. That thing took Aphanea too. Those boys need justice, and I’m going to get it for them no matter what…,” I stated.

“Fuck, I can’t believe they just walked out,” Appoline whispered.

“I can’t say why, but I suspect magic is the reason. It is the reason I have to go back. This thing can reach out over great distances. I have to end it.” I explained.

“Shit, I still am shocked we are talking about the existence of magic,” Rhonda added.

“It would have to be magic or something like it. I mean, it brought the entire crater valley here. What else can do that?” Kathy questioned.

“Possibly a black hole? Not the ones in space. Maybe a black hole the size of a pinhead, but that would imply physics beyond human understanding. So instead, magic would explain what has happened to us,” Farrah explained.

“We are here now. How are we going to survive this world? It’s dangerous beyond what we understand,” Dalilah said, sniffling.

“I’m sure Aphanea can teach us how. I mean, she did so before we came here,” I replied.

Appoline is the next to pull away from me. She looks relieved I came back alive. The news of the death of her boyfriend is still fresh on her face. The thought of losing me as well has shaken her deeply. She looks at me with her large, round royal blue eye and an emerald green eye she gets from her dad. Her left eye is royal blue, while her right eye is emerald green. Although her royal blue eyes sometimes appear purple at times. Like Farrah, she wears thin blue-rim glasses. Appoline favors the twin bun theme with two thick, long golden locks of hair falling to her waist. Her slanted, blonde eyebrows ascent her thin, short button nose, giving her an alluring cuteness. Her bowtie-shaped lips are much plumper and poutier than her twin sisters. The next most noticeable feature of Appoline is her high cheekbones and angular jawline. She possesses our heredity signature light brown freckles predominantly dotting her nose and cheeks.

Appoline is maybe a few inches shorter than Farrah, but her height is very noticeable. Her body is predominantly curvaceous, yet she has a slender and well-endowed physique. Her bust size is a cup size larger than Farrah’s or Dalilah’s. She enjoys a round apple bottom, leaving most men speechless. Appoline midsection is lengthy, with a thin waist and pronounced hips. Her ample, thick thighs hint at her being perfect for birthing many children. They give credit to her childbearing thighs as they enhance the length of her long, slenderous legs. Today she wears a purple long-sleeved v-neck sweater, a black and gray plaid skater skirt, sheer black tights, and knee-high lace boots. She wore a short, black leather jacket with a black corset over her sweater.

“What are you gonna do?” Appoline questions.

I look her in the eyes firmly. But then, her expression changed, and I saw something I’d never seen in her eyes. She knew right then what I was going to do.

“I’m going to kill it!” I said firmly.

My words cause Dalilah to hold me tighter.

“That thing almost killed you once before! You know, the same thing will happen again if you go back out there. That’s something someone like you should know.” Dalila said.

She couldn’t let go, and I didn’t blame her. Farrah and Appoline could only look at one another.

“Hey. I want you to listen carefully,” I said, pulling Appoline back to look into her eyes.

She looks back at me with worry. Dalilah has always been the little one to me. I knew the death of her boyfriend would be hard on her.

“Nothing in this world can stop me from killing that thing or anything else that gets in my way. It will pay. There’s nothing else to it. You know how I can be Dalilah,” I explained firmly.

“Don’t get yourself killed or half killed. Come back in one piece,” Appoline said in a whimpering voice.

Dalilah is the last to pull away. Tears run down her face, but there is joy in her eyes. I know she is grieving over her loss, but I cannot imagine what she is going through. She is the youngest of my sisters. Dalilah likes to fashion her hair into one big, braided ponytail. As I look into her eyes, I find her eyes remarkable. Dalilah’s large round eyes are the opposite of Appoline’s. Her right eye is brilliant jade green, and her left eye is deep azure blue. Like Appoline’s, the left eye appears purple under the right conditions. Farrah is the only one of my sisters in our mother’s eyes. However, our mom’s genes really bless their physical appearance. She has thick but straight golden blonde eyebrows and a slender button nose. Dalilah looks the most like our mother, my stepmother, in her facial appearance. Though her freckles are slightly darker than those of her sisters, they still appear on her cheeks and nose, which enhances her beauty.

She possesses plump and perky bowtie lips with dimples on either side. Her high cheekbones are her best feature, which enhances her pointed jawline. Dalilah’s plentiful bust is approximately a size smaller than her sister’s. However, her bust is no less voluptuous while having a humongous peach bottom, the most curvaceous of the three twins. She is the second tallest, with the longest leg-to-body ratio. Her fully pronounced curves grant her extra wide hips while maintaining a thin waist. She enjoys a slender midsection that matches her lengthy legs. Dalilah shares several physical traits with Appoline. Like her, she possesses thick childbearing legs that reveal a substantial thigh gap. Today she wears an oversized, long-sleeved, dark green sweater shirt, skin-tight navy blue leggings, and knee-high sneakers. She wore a black corset over her green sweater shirt and a long winter dark brown button coat to finish her wardrobe.

“How long will you be gone?” Dalilah asked.

Her eyes lingered on me as I considered her question. Our enemy is unknown, and the mission was dangerous. The truth is, I have no clue.

7