Harem of Saeculum: Rise of Man – Chapter Fourteen
182 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Don’t know. Kathy, Deputies Orkan, and Officer Fulton are coming with me. Just remember what dad and mom taught you. Stay frosty until I get back. No heroics, Appoline. No running off on your own, Dalilah. Farrah, don’t get too big-brained unless you have to,” I said.

 

“So, you’re taking the A-Team?” Farrah questioned.

 

“Something like that. We’ll give those monsters hell between the four of us,” I replied.

 

Farrah gives me that wide-eyed expression whenever she thinks I say something cool.

 

“Hey, bring the one that saved you back. That woman must be something to make you go on a suicide mission after barely knowing her. We should meet her, right?” Appoline questioned, folding her arms.

 

“If I had to guess, I’d say that woman must be even more beautiful than each of your little sisters, don’t you think? That’s my first thought anyway,” Dalilah teased.

 

“Come on… Was that necessary?” I asked, looking at Dalilah.

 

“Dali is right. If you’re putting her over us, she must be a knockout. Rhonda and Kathy certainly will not like that,” Farrah added.

 

“Hold on there!” Rhonda counters, but Appoline interrupts her.

 

“Wait, why am I in this?” Kathy questioned.

 

Everyone looks at her.

 

“Hmm… She’s going to be…,” Farrah said, but I cut her off.

 

“Don’t finish that sentence!” I said, holding my hand up.

 

“Alright! Enough flirting, big guy. We have a mission to finish,” Rhonda said firmly.

 

Everyone can tell she is blushing.

 

“I take that back…,” Farrah replied, but Rhonda cut her off.

 

Dalilah nodded. “I’ve been thinking of the same thing. All he’s ever shown us is sibling affection. Yet, strangely, he is actively showing feelings for someone he just met, that’s for sure.”

 

Appoline asked, looking at me, “I know you don’t care for my answer, but I really would like to know. What is it about Aphanea that draws him to her? Does he love her?”

 

Her words carried a heavy weight. I didn’t know how to answer the question.

 

“Ah, if he is going on a dangerous mission to save this woman, surely, he would marry her if he had to. Whatever happened while he was gone was enough for him to fall in love with her, too,” Farrah added.

 

“No, he isn’t. He’s really not,” Appoline insisted. “It’s just the way people look at us. We’re all considered his sisters, so marrying any of us isn’t decent.”

 

“True, but I’ve never known Thomas to be superficial. He is much better than any man we have ever dated. I know he has feelings for all of us. We shouldn’t make him choose, considering our situation and all,” Dalilah replied.

 

“Okay, popcorn cheerleader. That’s enough of your commentary. You may be cute, but not that cute. The big guy has work to do and doesn’t need extra help from his nymphs to get the job done. Got it? Now that we’re done with this, let’s move on,” Rhonda thundered.

 

I look away from everyone as the conversation has fallen apart. My sister’s beauty always drew my attention, but that’s always been true. We share the same last name, but I am not their biological brother. By the time they were ten years of age, I was in my senior year of high school. Maybe it’s because I rarely spent time around them after graduating or some other reason. I kept in contact with them through social media and zoom phone calls. I remember them visiting me at whatever base I was at over the years. It was a blessing to spend time with them as they looked at me. I did what I could to help pay for college; I did not want them following in our dad’s footsteps or mine. They shouldn’t have to know the ugly side of humanity. Luckily for me, they are geniuses. They would have been on track to becoming doctors or researchers if not for this apocalypse that had befallen Pineford.

 

That was the comfortable life I always wanted for them. I had every picture of them on my devices from childhood to adulthood. That included all their spicy social media pictures. It wasn’t like I went out of my way, either. They alerted me to every post and emphasized that I liked every one of their posts. So yeah, I noticed their beauty. ‘Did it bother me?’ It did a little, but I doubt ignoring their request would have done any good. ‘Did I suspect they had some kind of brotherly complex?’ No, the thought never crossed my mind in that sense. I never fantasized about sleeping with them. I may have thought about holding them on occasion. However, I suspect they thought I had a sisterly complex because of how I treated them. Kathy’s voice brought me out of my thoughts.

 

“Okay! What is everyone talking about?” Kathy questioned.

 

“Nothing serious, just that Thomas has a crush on his sisters,” she paused for a moment. “Hmm, let’s see, yeah, that includes you and Rhonda. Oh, but that’s not all. I’m emphasizing the word butt. A few other women can give us a run for our money—especially this Aphanea. Everyone knows Thomas has always been a butt guy. So, who here doesn’t meet those criteria??” Farrah said, breaking the silence.

 

“Whoa… W-Whoa there… But, aren’t the three of you, his sisters? That’s sick!” Kathy exclaimed.

 

Appoline smiles like she hasn’t heard this argument before.

 

“Umm… We’re not related by blood. We share the same surname. Besides, Thomas was barely around growing up. So he is kinda just another guy to us,” Appoline explained.

 

“W-What… Wait?” Kathy said, looking at Ronda.

 

“Don’t look at me. I thought you’d know of all people?” Rhonda replied.

 

“Wait… You knew?” Kathy questioned again.

 

Rhonda rolls her eyes.

 

“Yes… I really thought you knew,” Rhonda explained.

 

Kathy looks away.

 

“You know, all the girls on our squad included Thomas on their favorite crushes list,” Dalilah admitted.

 

“Oh well, let’s just see how they play it out, but I doubt he’ll make just one choice knowing him,” Farrah said, looking over at me, a grin plastered on her face.

 

“You know, I was talking to Kaya; you remember her, right, Thomas? She’s here too, and she told me she was a butt guy. It was one of your traits, among other things.” Farrah added.

 

“A butt guy?” Rhonda queried. “Thomas always attracted pretty girls, unlike most of the guys he knew but I’m sure it has nothing to do with what Kaya’s saying.”

 

“I can assure you it’s not that.” Farrah smiled. “Girls talk about things like that. They also talk about their male siblings with their friends. Our girl. Kaya is a realist. She always had a saying about our stepbrother. Thomas might not be aware of what’s in front of him, but that doesn’t mean he’s not as sexy as sin.”

 

Kathy turned to me. “So, do you like them? I mean, your sisters?”

 

“Oh, no, that’s not it. I’m just an older brother type,” I said nonchalantly, trying not to look awkward.

 

“Yeah, whatever. Don’t say that,” Kathy said, laughing.

 

“Hey, don’t get me wrong, he is attractive, but I’ve never really felt the chemistry between us. Plus, I think he might be into someone else,” Kathy said, changing the subject.

 

“You’re being naïve. You know how Thomas is when it comes to women,” Appoline retorted.

 

“Yeah, well, this isn’t high school, and I’m not in love with him,” Kathy said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Whatever. All I’m saying is that we’re all thinking the same thing. Look around; there aren’t many guys left. Whatever brought us here only brother us. It’s already killed three of us too, and you think it will stop?” Appoline explained.

 

“Okay… Okay… This speculation is over,” I said firmly.

 

“You can stop talking now and shut up. The grown-ups are talking,” Farrah and Appoline said in unison.

 

“Be nice, please!” Dalilah whispered.

 

Of all of them, she is the calmest. She looks at me, then rushes to hug me.

 

“Don’t let them get to you. You can’t help feeling the way you do. Just remember, we are all here for you,” she explained.

 

The woman in my presence all looks at one another.

 

“Okay… You are all pretty. Does that settle this matter for everyone?” I said firmly.

 

Farrah smiled like she knew this would be my reaction, while Dalilah hugged me tighter. Appoline blushes, looking away. As Kathy looks at the ground, Rhonda turns around and crosses her arms. They are all irresistible, but my sister knew they were attractive. No male wouldn’t notice, including me. Their chests are busty and plump. Whenever they ran, those jugs would jiggle wildly. They never had to burn sweat in a workout. Their genes gave well-toned abs, childbearing hips, and thick ballerina legs. Their best assets are their plump round and bubble butts. Whenever they had a chance, their boyfriends talked about each of my sisters in my presence.

 

“You three should go back upstairs. You three are tough, but this is a time to grieve,” I replied.

 

“Stop being a dumbass, Thomas. We’ve already grieved for Brad, Todd, and Laurence Newmen. Yes, it hurts terribly, but I tried to stop them. You couldn’t. No one blames you for that. It’s not like we’d planned on marrying them. You don’t know how we felt when you didn’t come back. It’s not because you are our stepbrother. Why do you think we only date guys like you?” Farrah shouts.

 

“Farrah’s right. We can’t change what happened. So don’t you go off trying to die because that’s not what we want. We’re here now, and this is the reality. There’s no going back. So it’s time to stop handling us with kid gloves,” Appoline added.

 

“You should really stop seeing us as helpless little kids. The three of us are grown women now. Treat us like that. We’re not blood-related, so it’s okay. So stop worrying,” Dalilah whispered.

 

“I have to agree with them. We know something drew them, boys, out of town. Now, it’s time to find out what that was and kill it well. You hear me, soldier!” Rhonda firmly said.

 

I look away from them. I could not count the times their boyfriends would question if I ever banged a girl like my sisters. Whenever they asked that question, I just smiled. I just let them imagine the details instead of telling them anything. Truthfully, I felt jealous that they got to date my sisters. I tried for years to say its admiration, but their words now told me a different story. Despite that, I can honestly say they’re a pleasant bunch of guys. ‘Are they the reason I’m still single? I’d been with women before, but never in a relationship. Has Kathy and Rhonda been waiting for me to make a move this whole time? Fuck, I must be stupid.’ The regret I felt is unexplainable. I knew my siblings well and understood the type of guys they would date. But, most of the time, since they were fifteen, their current boyfriends weren’t their type. That always made me wonder how anyone but Laurence Newmen hooked up with the two of them. ‘Now I know the answer.’

 

My sisters’ boyfriends also have purple discoloration in their blue eyes. After knowing what Aphanea is capable of and the way her eyes seem supernatural, it makes sense. Somewhere deep inside my gut, I knew that slight discoloration meant something. The discoloration didn’t show itself all the time. It had to be at certain times and certain where I would glimpse this discoloration. Most people thought it was a hereditary trait. 

 

Until today, I would have come to the same conclusion. That all three of their boyfriends possess this trait is significant. Farrah described they were in a trance when talking to them. She could not get them to acknowledge her presence. That is something many rarely understand until something terrible happens. ‘Maybe people from my world have some latent magical ability that this world somehow awakened.’

3