Harem of Saeculum: Rise of Man – Chapter Twenty-Two
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What kind of threats are we talking about exactly?” the man asked.

 

“Oh yes, this is Adam Shaw, my chief of security,” Senator Sinclaire said.

 

“Thomas Orkan…,” I said.

 

“We’re facing threats that would be considered supernatural or paranormal. That’s the best way to describe what we are facing. Normal laws of our world may not even apply,” I explained.

 

“What do you suggest we do?” Shaw said. 

 

“Your team has the most experience with this as far as anyone here knows,” Shaw added.

 

“The valley into town is still similar to the landscape of our town. We need to barricade the way into town to ensure the safety of the people. The carter wall provides a natural barrier. We fortify the road with block barriers. I’ll then station law enforcement personnel there around the clock to defend our position. That’s our best strategy for now. As of now, I don’t think we have to worry about threats from the fjord. It looks pretty deep and possibly goes on for hundreds of miles into the dead forest,” I explained.

 

“We can discuss a course of action later, Mr. Shaw. Right now, we need an understanding of what is happening,” Mayor Wells replied. She looks back at Sheriff Orkan, and he nods again.

 

“We have a lot of new land to cover. We are short on manpower. There are still areas we have not searched. There are possibly more people we have yet to discover. I propose we combine all law enforcement, EMS, and other services into one command,” Sheriff Orkan explained.

 

“I agree. We need a clear chain of command. Sheriff Orkan fit that build to command. We should also create a council,” Rhonda added.

 

“What about our shortage of manpower? After you brought back those refugees, I’m concerned. Over ninety-seven percent of the current population is female. If this world treats a woman like slaves, we are definitely in danger,” Sinclaire said.

 

“We find people from this world to help. I’m sure those captives have homes somewhere. People that are looking for them. We find them, then ask them to help us,” Kathy said.

 

“That would require our people to leave the town…,” Shaw said.

 

“It’s a risk, but we may have no choice,” Grace said.

 

“I don’t like the thought of sending people out into an unknown landscape, but considering this threat, we all face it. I think we have no choice,” Mayor Wells said.

 

“Then you better get started. We must assume time isn’t on our side,” Windhelm said.

 

“What other changes have occurred?” Clark questioned.

 

“The landmass surrounding the mainland area surrounding Pineford Lake has increased in proportion to the lake itself. New islands have appeared on the lake. Each city is three to five times larger, and some areas are duplicates of one another. The changes do not follow logic. We should expect more changes in the coming days,” Kurt Orkan explained.

 

“I would also point out that the days and nights are getting longer. Has anyone noticed the position of the twin pair of binary suns?” Kathy questioned.

“I was just about to ask about that matter. In retirement, I studied astronomy, and I noticed the location in the sky is toward each horizon yet, but I believe there is a change happening right now,” Clark explained.

“You are right Mrs. Clark. The way the light casts shadows on objects suggests there is a third set of binary stars yet to reveal themselves. I believe the days and nights will get longer until that anomaly manifests itself,” Kathy added.

 

“So, it seems changes are occurring on a grand scale. There may even be other settlements like our Crater Valley in this world,” Mayor Wells replied.

 

“That may be the course of our future. I’ll put together a team,” Kurt Orkan said.

 

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to be on that team,” Shaw said.

 

Kurt nods in agreement. 

 

With everyone in agreement, our impromptu meeting ends with a course of action. The Senator and Shaw left first, followed by the Governor. Kurt pulls me to the side.

 

“My people will start a thorough survey of the current town layout. I am going to be blunt and straight as I can with you! We need answers, and we need them ASAP. We need more information if we are to have a clear understanding of what’s out there before any of those monsters get inside. Hopefully, by the time you get back, we will settle all this,” Sheriff Orkan said. 

 

“I don’t know this Shaw guy, but he looks capable. Find one of the refugees and take the woman that can speak to them with you. I’m sending two of my deputies with you two. Deputy Fulton and Officer Kristensen,” He added.

 

“Alight, we’ll leave as soon as we can,” I said.

 

Grace and Rhonda are already making their way out to our staging location at the gas station. Their expressions look focused. I have no doubt the two women are running the numbers in their heads. Kathy looks like she’s about to go on some wild adventure. I hope that’s all we are doing. As a civilian, she should stay here, but she is the closest thing to a doctor we had going with us. Unfortunately, we can’t spare any doctor for some dangerous mission. I walk with Deputy Orkan down to an office near the front. ‘It looks like this place is being used for a supply depot.’ I immediately began packing gear for the mission. The others were doing the same. A short time later, Shaw arrives with three other women and packs his gear. They wore black BDUs just like Shaw and were running heavy combat gear. The first woman I notice is the young blonde. Her presence of mind hints that she has elite combat experience.

 

The blonde woman is the tallest of the three women and appears in her mid-twenties. She has a round face with thin, monolid hazel eyes. She keeps her hair in a long, braided ponytail. Her checkmark-shaped eyes draw attention to a narrow, small nose with puffy, down-turned lips. She has low cheekbones and a round jawline. Light brown freckles dot most of her face, giving her a cute complexion. The woman’s large, cantaloupe-sized breasts are one of her best features, while her genes grant her an athletic cheerleader physique. On the other hand, her genes bless her with a tiny waist, wide hips, and thick birthing things. Most of her height is on her slender ballerina legs.

 

My attention turns to the next woman as I continue assessing Mr. Shaw’s aids. She is pretty gorgeous, and her butt catches my attention first. ‘Damm, she can give Aphanea and Rhonda a run for their money.’ I put her age around Kathy’s as she has that innocent look, but looks are not as they seem. The black-haired woman is a little thicker but maintains that slender, curvaceous figure many Pineford females enjoy. She has an oval face and large, round blue eyes. Her straight black eyebrows direct attention to her small dainty nose and perky, heart-shaped lips. The black-haired woman has medium cheekbones and a U-shaped jawline. Her most noticeable feature is her silky white milky skin with the consistency of whole milk. Robust genes give her perky, watermelon-sized breasts, a ballerina’s slim waist, and a bountiful bubble butt. She is the shortest of the three women, but her genes bless her with wide hips, thick thighs, and athletic dancer legs. 

 

I turn my attention to the last woman of the three. She is cute, with a nerdy demeanor. The woman reminds me of a cosplay or anime girl because of her facial features and hairstyle. The redhead woman looks more like a civilian than a soldier. She has porcelain pale skin that gives her a ghostly appearance. The woman’s hair is in two bow-like pigtails on each side of her oval face. She has thick, ginger, soft-angled eyebrows over deep blue almond-shaped eyes. The woman is wearing black-rimmed glasses and has a perky, heart-shaped nose. 

 

Her most noticeable features are her medium cheekbones, angular jawline, and pouty, full lips. She is beautiful beyond words, as her most attractive features are her plump apple bottom with the roundness of a basketball. Her breasts are moderate, being more prominent than a pair of footballs. She possesses a statuesque, curvaceous physique with long sprinter legs. A thin waist gives her a coke bottle figure, with moderately wide hips and thick feminine thighs.

 

I believe these three women are capable, and I don’t have to hold their hands. If Shaw trusts them, then I will too. I have spent a lot of time around men like him. Shaw and I are men of the same vein. We work in a certain way. I did not have to doubt his judgment. The three women are just as ample and curvy as the other women in town. My best guess is the women are military veterans would be my first guess, or spooks.

 

The redhead woman may have military training of some kind, but her looks are good enough to fool people other than me. It seems Shaw is bringing his people, too, making this a team of ten, not counting Aphanea and our guide. I was almost done with Fulton when Kristensen arrived. The three of us finish loading gear into the two Humvees as Sheriff Orkan joins us.

 

“Just so you know, Thomas Hawthorne is leading this mission,” the Sheriff told Shaw.

 

The man looks at the Sheriff, then to me, and nods before loading his team’s gear. Kurt seems satisfied with the man’s answers and leaves. I turn my attention to my gear. We weren’t going on foot. Not with those things out there. We need equipment that could last and pack a lot of firepower. Shaw looked like he got the idea too. Everything looks ready. I set my gear with the others and headed for Aphanea.

____

I found Aphanea with the former captives inside the diner of Traveling Pete’s Fast Stop. The ER nurses are still processing all of them. The moment she saw me, she came as quickly as she could. She jumped into my arms and seeing that made my heart melt a little. Then I remember Rhonda. ‘Why did she have the same effect on me as Aphanea?’ She hugged me, and I returned the gesture. I wanted to kiss her, but this wasn’t the best moment.

 

“Thank you for coming for me. I don’t know what I would have done if he’d taken me to his master,” Aphanea said, still hugging me.

 

“I promised after all, didn’t I?” I said.

 

She pulls away and smiles.

 

“Yes… You did. No one has ever made such a promise to me before you, Thomas Hawthorne,” she said.

 

I can tell she is happy by the joy in her eyes, but I can also feel her happiness. For the first time in her life, someone cared about her. It made me wonder just how harsh this world is.

 

“Have you talked to them more?” I asked.

 

“Yes, I learned that many of their tribes gathered as one in an attempt to fend off the undead lords’ armies,” she said eagerly.

 

“Good… do you think one of them can lead us there?” I questioned.

 

“I believe one can. Are we going there?” she asked in a curious tone.

 

“Yeah, we want to ally with them. That’s the plan at the moment. I need you and her to come with us,” I explained.

 

“Then I shall come with you. That one is the female I spoke of,” Aphanea said, pointing to a woman.

 

Aphanea takes my hand, leading me to the woman she pointed at.

A nurse is sitting at a table with four other lamia women. Aphanea nods to the woman, and she leaves the table to speak with us. I almost gasped as she stood in front of us. The lights of the dinner illuminate her in detail. This is the first time I have seen a lamia in clear lighting. She is like Aphanea, as she shares many of the same physical features, yet she is different. I take a moment to admire her attractive features. I am in awe of her long, thick, wavy black hair that drapes around her body like a flowing cape. 

 

The hair is black as the night sky and glistens in the diner’s light. She has a symmetrical, slender oblong face that gives her a seductive and alluring complexion. Dark, black exotic eyebrows arch over large, round golden eyes. Her nose is small, and she possesses pouty, heart-shaped lips. She has sharp, high cheekbones and a sharp jawline. Her skin is as white as a fine powder, with specks of silver that sparkle like glitter. My words for how attractive her body is, many, and a flicker of something grows within my body. Her body is almost a mirror image of Aphanea’s curvaceous yet slender hourglass physique. The sight of her bursting eggplant-sized breast with nothing but a cloth hiding her nipples is breathtaking. 

 

I can only imagine that her bottom is the shape of a plump pair and as round as a volleyball. Her waist is incredibly slender, featuring an elongated midsection. Wide hips curve into thick birthing thighs with feminine juiciness. A supporting feature of her beauty is her unnaturally long, slender legs that seem to seem impossible. Of the woman, she seems the most healthy and fit. Aphanea takes her hands in hers and nods. She pulls her in closer and whispers into her ear for a few moments. The woman turns her attention to me once Aphanea has finished talking with her.

 

The lamia woman looks at me with a purpose.

 

“This is the warrior you spoke of?” the woman asked.

 

I look at Aphanea with surprise. She merely nods, and I look back to the other lamia woman.

 

“Wait, how can you speak English?” I asked.

 

“This woman is a sorcerer. She cast a spell of tongues on me. In order to communicate with your people for the others,” she explained.

 

Aphanea walks beside the lamia woman and turns to me. She takes the woman’s hand, holding it.

 

“I can only do this once every day. This one here is Saoirse,” Aphanea said.

 

Saoirse and Aphanea both bow slightly to me. Saoirse then approaches me and hugs me. A moment passes before she steps back a little, then kisses me on the cheek. I look at Aphanea, confused.

 

“This is how my people greet those who show us a favor. It is one of our most intimate greetings. 

 

It means you are a trusting human worthy of more intimate greetings,” Aphanea explained.

She looks at me and blushes a little. Saoirse notices but does not look away.

 

“Okay then, can you take me to your people? I think we can help one another,” I asked.

 

She studies Aphanea a little longer before returning her attention to me.

 

“You must be a truly trusting human. I sense I can say the same for you people. You and they are strong. So I will help you,” Saoirse explained.

 

Aphanea looks pleased.

 

“Thank you, Saoirse. Thomas Hawthorne will not harm our people. Our kind does not jade him; I believe his people will feel the same. These humans do not know our world, so their ways differ from the humans we know. Hate is not what they live by. They need us more than we need them. They will not harm us,” Aphanea replied.

 

“I agree with you. Many of the humans in our world do not look kindly at us. There are some, but they can do little to change the rest of their kind. I will take you to my people. It is a four-day walk from here. We have no horses to speak over, as they are scarce in these lands,” Saoirse said.

 

“Come with me. We’re leaving soon…,” I said, smiling.

 

The two natives follow me. Aphanea holds Saoirse’s as we meet the others back in the supply room.

 

Grace is waiting in the supply room, gathering clothing for the mission.

 

“Okay, girls. I got new clothes for you. I can’t have the two of you running around in loincloths and flimsy clothing. That will distract our towering giant. Take these. They should fit more or less,” Grace said, handing them a pair of dark gray BDUs.

 

Aphanea holds the white panties up as she looks at me. I shrug my shoulders and turn to Grace. She sighs and gives me an irritated look.

 

“You want me to show them?” I blurted.

 

“Umm… That’s a no. We’re leaving in five minutes. I don’t think you have time for any extra activities,” Grace said, looking at me.

 

“Hold on? What makes you think that?” I questioned.

 

She looks at me, then at my waist.

 

“You weren’t born yesterday. Everyone knows you’re the top dawg around here,” Grace replied.

 

“What does top dawg mean?” Saoirse questioned.

 

She is holding a bracelet bra in her hands and is not sure what to do.

 

“I believe she means Thomas Hawthorne is their chieftain,” Aphanea said.

 

Grace watches the two fumbles with their underwear and shakes her head.

 

“You can wear a loincloth but not women’s lingerie?” Grace asked with a serious tone.

 

“We have worn nothing but what we have,” Saoirse replied.

 

“You can take them to the bathroom and show them. Then, I’ll stand outside on watch,” I said.

 

Grace gives me an annoyed sigh.

 

“Come on, I better not have to strip down nude to show you how to put those on!” Grace said, gesturing for us to follow her.

 

The two follow Grace on a short walk to one of the rest stop bathrooms.

 

“Thank you, Grace. We shall follow your instructions,” Aphanea said as they entered the bathroom.

 

“Is she one of his women?” Saoirse said as she went into the bathroom.

 

“I believe she is one of his first. She shows a strong warrior spirit,” Aphanea replies.

 

Grace’s face turns a rosy red at Saoirse’s words. She quickly closes the door behind her.

 

I can hear them talking through the door.

 

“Whoa there. I am not his woman!” Grace shouts.

 

I hear nothing for several seconds.

 

“This is normal in my tribe. This Thomas Hawthorne is the strongest. He is a chieftain. There is pride in being the chieftain’s woman. It means you are a fierce warrior the gods and goddesses will fear. Take your place!” Saoirse said.

 

“Just put the panties on!” Grace shouts.

 

“I do not understand?” Aphanea questioned.

 

“Wait! I have to show you??” Grace blurts again.

 

I turn to make sure no one can hear them. Fortunately, no one is nearby.

 

“We are not familiar with your garments,” Saoirse added.

 

“My god, Thomas is going to have his way with you both!” She shouts again.

 

“That is one of the duties of a chieftain’s woman. His strength will compel you to feed him your essence. He is our savior. This is our duty. Through us, he will become even stronger than he is now,” Saoirse explained.

 

“Hurry up and put your bras on!” Grace blurts.

 

“Like this?” Aphanea said.

 

“No… No… Like this!” Grace snapped.

 

I put my head to the door and listened more carefully.

 

“Saoirse is right. Through us, Thomas Hawthorne will become stronger. He carries the ancient sword no man has wielded since the forgotten time,” Aphanea whispered.

 

She says it so softly as if trying to hide her words.

 

“Word will spread once we find my people. Grace, this is your name?” Saoirse questioned.

 

“Yeah. Put on the rest of the clothes. We don’t want to be late enough with the chit-chat. Another thing, I am not his woman,” she said.

 

“You are one of his swords. I can see this. Can you not see it?” Saoirse questioned.

 

“What… You use magic to tell me that? That stuff isn’t real,”

 

“Grace… I sense it in you. He needs you. You may not believe in dark sorcery, but it flows in you. You cannot hide from it. I can sense this energy in many of your people,” Aphanea whispered.

 

“Okay… Whatever. Just know I am not his woman!” Grace countered.

 

“He will come for you as he already has with one of the Chieftesses. I see more. He will complete the ring. He will come for Grace when it’s time,” Saoirse explained.

 

“Here, do it like this? We can leave when you’re ready, and don’t say I am his woman again. That isn’t fair!” Grace said.

 

“Thomas Hawthorne does not overlook you. He must grow before he knows how needed he is,” Aphanea replied.

 

“Where are you getting this? Can you read minds? If you are… just stop it. Get out of my head,”

 

“I cannot read your thoughts, lioness. I simply see it. We are ready.” Aphanea said.

 

“The lioness is one of many. I know her feelings!” Saoirse added.

 

“Enough with the magic bullshit,” Grace replied.

 

A moment later, the three of them leave the bathroom as Deputy Fulton and Officer Kristensen come down the hall to the bathroom.

 

“The sheriffs say everything is ready. We can move out any time,” Officer Kristensen said. She nods to Grace, then leaves with Deputy Fulton.

 

“I sense two more lionesses,” Saoirse whispered to Aphanea.

 

Grace rolls her eyes, then walks past me but stops beside me. She hands me their loincloths.

 

“Here, I believe these are yours,” Grace said.

 

“What?” I blurted.

 

I try to pretend I know nothing. Finally, she stops to turn around.

 

“Stop… I know you heard us,” Grace said, walking back to me.

 

She looks at me for a moment. Then, I simply stare her in the eyes.

 

“Grace…?” I said, but she cut me off by putting her finger on my mouth.

 

She leans in, looking over my shoulders. I can tell she is looking at Aphanea and Saoirse.

 

“Listen carefully. You’re going to have to work for my panties. If any of that shit is true!” Grace said, then kissed me on my cheek.

 

I feel a burst of power explode inside me. Grace almost jumps back, and she looks at me. Her face blushes so much that she looks like a high school girl.

 

“Then I better get to work!” I replied.

 

She looks at me with the same expression on her face as Aphanea and Rhonda when they first felt this unknown power within. Grace looks away and turns around.

 

“We have to carry the rest of our supplies and gear to the awaiting vehicles. I’ll see you later,” Grace said before walking back to the storage room.

 

Aphanea and Saoirse come to my side.

 

“Come, Thomas Hawthorne. We have work to do,” Aphanea said.

 

“I will guide you to my people. You shall learn more there,” Saoirse said.

 

I nod and follow Grace. The two Lamia natives help me carry our supplies and gear to the awaiting vehicles. Outside, I see four 8x8 military heavy armored transport trucks with two mounted heavy guns on top beside two heavy armored 6x6 humvees. That’s when I notice Sheriff Kurt Orkan loading gear into one of the heavy transport trucks. He also has a complete soldier’s kit, with all the gear. ‘Is he coming too?’ He’s loading the first Humvee. I knew then when our eyes met, he planned on coming along. It wasn’t a surprise to me. He wants to see these threats for himself. I know, I would, too, in his position. I hear heavy footsteps behind me. Shaw walks up beside me.

 

“What’s your plan in case we encounter hostiles?” he asked.

 

“Let’s hope we don’t come across anything new. Those spider-scorpion creatures were hard enough to handle…,” I whispered.

 

“I hear yah. We got enough firepower to take a small base. Let’s hope it’s enough,” Shaw said.

 

“Assume everything is out to kill us until proven otherwise, and even then…,” I said.

 

“Roger that,” he said.

 

“Two to every vehicle. With the locals with you, Thomas,” Kurt said.

 

“We got, by my estimate, twenty hours of daylight. So let’s make the most of it,” Shaw said.

 

Everyone got into their vehicles. Rhonda and Grace took the second Humvee. Although she protested, Kathy rides with Kurt and Shaw, saying she wants to ride in my Humvee. The blonde-haired, black-haired, and redhead women take one of 8x8 military heavily armored transport trucks. Deputy Fulton and Officer Kristensen take the first armored transport truck. That leaves Aphanea, Saoirse, and me. The three of us get into the first Humvee at the front of the convoy. This is Aphanea’s third time riding in one of our vehicles. It’s Saoirse’s second time in a vehicle. The amazement is still quite apparent on her face. For her, this four-day trip is a long time to walk on foot. That’s eight of our days in our world. I’m glad this trip will be lightning-quick. By my calculations, Saoirse’s tribe is a little over two and a half hours away. I rev the engine up, and the engine cranks alive on the first turn of the key.

 

“You two may want to hold on. Oh, and put on the seat belts. I think Rhonda showed you the first time, Aphanea!” I said, looking over my shoulders.

 

She nods and shows Saoirse how to buckle her seat belt. I want a moment before I press down on the gas pedal. The engine revs loudly as we speed ahead.

2