Domirella: The Surreal Succubi – Chapter Thirty-Three
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I predicted, the night was long and restless. The constant swapping of positions just to sleep next to me was endless. I don't understand how any of them got any sleep. For that matter, I don't know how I survived without giving in to temptation. Especially when it comes to Cathy. She's like a different person when anyone other than Minah takes a liking to me. 'How did I not notice the signs when all four of us were in our own world?' I couldn't even recognize Minah, let alone Cathy or Marie. Looking back, the hints were there. They were apparent from the start. Now that I have shined a light on these matters. I think back, and it wasn't just those three. There were more... many more. 'Did the war jade me to such an extent that I couldn't assimilate back into normal life anymore?' The fighting was so intense that sometimes I didn't want to remember. In contrast, I recall every moment of this very vivid memory as if it had just happened. They did not diagnose me with P.T.S.D., either. There was no explanation from the doctors as to why, either.

Eighty percent of veterans return with psychological problems. Those that didn't have physical issues to deal with. I was a rarity among my fellow veterans. Here I was in a bed full of beautiful women. None of which I could touch as my current self. 'What happened to me out there? Was it because I fought right out of high school? I graduated two years early and had the smarts to pass as eighteen to join the military.' These are questions I should have addressed years ago. Instead, I buried myself in graduating college and researching the breach. I took a look at my left hand.

I unwrapped it, revealing the bone-like plates. That's the best way to describe the texture. Armor, metal, or some other substance. No one really knows what an E.D.I.O.S. system consists of. Materials that aren't in our periodic table, for sure. I look at my right wrist. I take a closer look, and a new rune is present. Right after the rune of dominance. 'When did this happen?' The symbol matches a passage in one of the books I read. The Rune of Authority is what the passage describes. Another mark that is following this God King myth. Quietly, I check the others in bed. To my shock, they, too, had the rune just below the belly button. None of them or I had even noticed this at all last night. The first time, there was a sensation involved in the appearance. Considering last night, it could have been missed. After all, they were naked. I was the only one wearing clothes. Yet another issue I have to ask Countess Domirella about.

It's still relatively early in the morning. There are a few more hours in the day and night than I remember. To be precise, thirty. An additional five hours have been added to each day and night. Since I've been here, I haven't really noticed. Today is the seventh day. This is the day I'm heading for Felicity's Shelter. A one-week trip north. I'm leaving all of them behind, but they'll be following tomorrow. All the more reason to get a head start. The faster we get there, the more information we can gather before any danger emerges.

I went to the bathroom to get dressed. Seeing myself in the mirror for the first time since the breach revealed how I looked. I remove the bandages, showing more of the bone metal ingrained into my skin. All across my upper and lower stomach, the fibers dig in like someone performing a surgical procedure on me. I touched my chest. I could feel the beating of not one but three hearts. 'What else did this E.D.I.O.S. do to me?' My left eye was different, too. A gleam of something just behind the eyeball. Even the color changed to a vivid green, like hers, Helena Hellesivg. My curly hair has grown out as well. I wet my hair and brushed it back. A creak at the door causes me to turn. Lucianne was there. There she stood, naked as ever. There was a look of concern in her eyes.

"You're leaving ahead of us, aren't you?" she said.

"Yeah, I want to get there first," I said.

"To make sure it's safe?" she whispered.

"That's the plan," I whispered.

She rushed to me, grabbing my waist. "Let me come with you?" Lucianne whispered.

"We'll send an escort with you. Searl picked every one of them. So you'll be safe," I whispered.

"I want to marry you... to have your children... if something happens to you.... I don't know what I'll do. You just can't come into someone's life and turn it upside down," she whispered.

"I don't plan on dying. From this point on, I will calculate everything I do to ensure that doesn't happen to me or anyone around me. You can trust me on this," I said.

She presses her body against mine. I wanted to be with her right now. To be with all of them. I didn't care how I got to this point. All I want is to protect them. I kiss her like I did before. Then I look at her.

"I can't choose... but I can't just choose all of you. So that's something that I have to earn," I whispered.

She followed me back into the room. Others were waking up. Tears were already forming in Cathy's eyes. I stopped her with a kiss. Then, one by one, I kissed them all. It was tough getting to all of them. I was starting to feel like this was a goodbye. I find it hard to understand how some beautiful women could be interested in me, but here I am. The only responsible thing to do was live up to their expectations. I left what people from my world would call a harem. It certainly didn't feel that way. After all, they are all virgins. The Dark Templars will come for them if they know. The easier way to solve that issue was, at the same time, impossible for me. Best to put this issue to the back of my mind. They know how to handle themselves in this world better than I do. Cathy is in good hands for the time being. Searl and Lythienne waited in the foyer. Both wore armor that was sleek but won't make them stand out. Lythienne held the third set.

"This is for you. It matches your style," Lucianne replied.

"What is the armor for?" I asked.

"We are acting as mercenaries, adventures for hire, basically. So that's our cover as we travel," Searl explained.

"Good idea. I'll put this on right away. Then we can leave," I said.

"I'll get the horses ready," Searl said.

"There are just a few more things we'll need," Lythienne said.

They left to handle business as I put the armor on. It was no different from the hard suits back home. They are very similar in design and function, albeit primitive. A complete silver metal chest plate, wrist gauntlets, upper arm guards, waist plates, leg guards, and metal plate boots. Now I have a short sword as a weapon. Fighting with a sword instead of knives is going to be different, but I can make it work. Not only did I pilot a Pretorian Battlesuit, but I also served in special forces for a short term during the harshest battles during the breach war. As long as it isn't monsters from the breach, I have a fair chance to defend myself. Still, warriors here train their entire lives. Best to be careful in any type of engagement. I check the fittings to ensure they fit correctly. My holster might look out of place, but I can tailor it to the armor.

I joined Searl and Lythienne outside in the courtyard. Ria was ready to head out and happy to see me. After what happened in the forest, I was glad to see her. I mounted onto her back. The warriors Searl picked out have also arrived. Sixty men, an entire platoon where I come from. They should be enough to protect the ladies on the way.

"That's Lieutenant Burns, a skillful warrior. These are his men. We have a history, and I trust him completely. He'll take care of the others while we scout ahead," Searl said.

"Good to hear. Let's get moving. We have a challenging mission ahead of us. Remember, this could lead to Isa, Rophalin, Minah, and Marie. There's a high chance we'll come across others in need, too," I said.

"We'll liberate any we come across and deal with any Dark Templars. I can't even call them that at this point," Searl said.

"You might be the only true Dark Templar left," Lythienne whispered.

"She's right... That means you are not expendable. We all come out of this alive," I said.

"Understood... If we ride hard, we can reach Felicity's Shelter a couple of days sooner," Searl revealed.

"Then let's get to it," I said.

The two of us followed closely behind Lythienne. As the sun rose, the sky turned a rosy red. Finally, I'm one step closer to finding Minah and Marie. But I have to make this count. None of us can afford to let any lead slip through the cracks.

0