Domirella: The Surreal Succubi – Chapter Thirty-Four
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With our camp set, we stopped after riding hard for days. "I can't believe it's been four days already. We're more than halfway to the city," I said.

"So far, it's been uneventful," Searl said.

"That's a good thing, isn't it?" Lythienne asked.

"It sure is. Camping for half a night has been tough. During the war, there were plenty of times I was sleep deprived but riding hard is on a different level," I said.

"What was this war you speak of like? Isn't your world more advanced?" Searl questioned.

The war thinking back, the war was brutal and sudden. Despite technological advancements, our world spiraled into a war like no other. For the first two years, the monsters terrorized the world. The E.D.I.O.S came later after we devised a way to cross over into the breach. What we found was an alternate Earth. Unlike ours, this world had long fallen to whatever intelligence is behind the breaches.

"It was... a raging storm. One day, our lives were normal. Next, the monsters were at the gates. As a result, we called the monsters Aeon Anathema. In terms of weaknesses, they were relatively strong. Extreme temperatures or fires were one of them. Their hides were so dense and thick that a hundred men couldn't take down one. But, on the other hand, they are fast and agile. Electricity is another weakness, but again, getting to their internal organs is near impossible," I explained.

"What is electricity?" Lythienne asked.

"Lightning, as you would know it, is used to power all things in our world," I explained.

"I saw those armored men the other people from your world brought. Are they not capable of slaying these monsters?" Searl said.

"The Pretorian Battlesuit, yes, they are capable, but piloting one is difficult. You need special training to use one. The problem is the sheer number overwhelms us. For every hundred a pilot would slay, there were hundreds more. Still, without those suits, we would have been wiped out," I revealed.

"Do you think this will happen to our world?" Lythienne asked.

"You have magic in this world. Something we never had. That could be a decisive advantage. You destroyed one with that ambush, from what I was told. This would have never been possible in our world on such short notice. We had weapons capable of doing the same thing, but those same weapons aren't available in the few hours of a breach," I said. "Besides, those types of weapons aren't like magic. We don't have spells to protect us. An explosion like that could kill innocent people and bystanders along with the monsters," I added.

"I can't imagine the type of warfare you experienced. It is a blessing that we have you here in our world. That alone could be advantageous," Searl said.

"If there is another breach, we will be ready. If your world is about to be invaded, the breach you saw is a mere scouting party. Since they failed. More than likely, any new incursion will be covert," I revealed.

"How do we prepare?" Lythienne questioned.

"First, we rescue our target. Then, if I can gain favor with the Countess, I can convince her to aid us in preparing. Doctor Spencer and Colonel Rooke can help with preparations," I said.

"There is still the matter of the rogue Dark Templars. Stopping them must be a priority," Searl countered.

"Most definitely... if they are aiding with the breaches... that could be troublesome, if not deadly," I replied.

"Why would they aid these monsters?" Lythienne said.

"We don't know who is behind the breaches. The world they attacked us from was just a staging ground. Our research indicates whoever is behind these invasions goes from world to world," I revealed.

The three of us suddenly paused. In the forest, there was a rustling sound. Searl kicks dirt onto the fire. There were torches off in the distance. Some sort of fighting was going on. I drew my sword and revolver. Lythienne drew her bow while Searl readied his sword. I nodded to them, and Searl took the lead. I flanked him to the right, with Lythienne in the rear. She might not look like a warrior, but I knew she had combat experience. I soften my footsteps by being mindful of my foot placement. As we drew closer, we heard fighting or struggling. Ahead, this immense man swung a giant ax around. He's fighting a group of Dark Templars.

"What do we do?" Lythienne asked.

"Searl, can we capture one?" I asked.

"Maybe, but it will be a challenge. There are about eight of them. Odds are two to one counting the giant," Searl said.

"I can take two or three. Can you do the same, Searl?" I said hastily.

"Yes...," he replied.

"Alright, Lythienne, take the rest the first chance you get," I instructed.

"With grace," she replied.

I flanked to the right while Searl went left. The big guy has their attention, so sneaking up on them was easy. I aim my weapon at the closest one. This time, a yellow circle with strange symbols appears at the end of the barrel. 'A magic circle?' A small ball of compressed air burst from the circle. The target took a heavy hit, blasting them right into the base of a tree. This caught the attention of the other two. One took an ax to the back. The other burst off into a sprint. I gave chase after the runner. The pursuit went on longer than I preferred. The Templar changed directions often enough to throw anyone's sense of direction off. Observing every move and turn they made was on my list of things to do. I wouldn't have any trouble finding my way back. Suddenly the Templar turned behind a huge tree next to a boulder and turned around to face me. They swung me the moment I pivoted back. I almost took their blade to the chest. In one motion, I holstered my pistol and parried the next attack. They swung continuously, one attack after another, not letting up for a moment. Whoever this had good form and is well trained. Probably training in the military like me. Their moves weren't like the others, more like a martial arts master. Still, I've had combat experience. This person has trained hard, yes, but has not seen combat. No matter how good your training is. Actual combat is nothing like they teach you. No matter the era or world.

"You're good, I'll give you that. But you're at a disadvantage...," I said.

"Shut up!" a female's voice yelled, renewing the attack.

She swung her sword at my left side. I caught it with my left hand. Holding it tight, the blade stopped mid swung. I could see cracks where my hand grasped the edge. But, of course, I already knew her sword wouldn't hurt my hand. The rigid fiber plates covering my arm were nearly indestructible short of modern technology. This iron sword wasn't going to penetrate the armor now, covering my left arm and chest. It's why E.D.I.O.S Ghosts are so dangerous and difficult to kill. She tried to pull away, but I had a steady grip on the blade. She pivots and punches and kicks at my chest and head. I dodge, letting go of the sword, and dropping it to the ground. The next thing I know, I felt an impact from behind. She'd tackled me from behind. I fell face-first onto the ground but quickly rolled over. After a few minutes of intense scrambling, I could pin the Templar to the ground. She struggled harder than before. I took the chance and yanked off her helmet, revealing a black-haired, blue-eyed young woman. Her hair was fashioned into a tight bun. The fierceness in her eyes is concerning. That familiar gloss was there.

"Come on... you've been brainwashed???" I blurted.

During the war, we met a few people from the other side. Most had this same gloss in their eyes. The ones that didn't were overjoyed to see unindoctrinated humans. That's how we knew what this was. These indoctrinated were relentless aggressors against any who weren't brainwashed. Breaking this hold was easy if you knew how. It wasn't deep at all, like being in a dream or, more severe cases, a coma. Still, breaking it would take someone familiar to them or an expert. I knew a little about the process. Maybe enough to break her out.

"My comrades are going to kill you," she blurted.

"I doubt that. Your friends are probably dead by now. You are lucky to even be alive," I stated.

"He will come for me! I am ordained! Get your filthy hands off me!" she screamed.

"As much as it pains me, you need to take a nap," I said, hitting her hard enough to knock her out.

I took some rope out of my backpack and tied her arms and legs. Her sword might still be helpful, so I picked it up and wrapped her own sheath and belt around my waist. I then picked her up and tossed her over my shoulder. Surprisingly, she was lighter than she looked. She could prove to be a valuable source of information. From what I know about the Dark Templars, she's probably a kidnappee and a virgin. 'Why did they attack that huge man?' The man was a giant in all the senses. Towering over the rest of us. He had to be at least eight feet tall. Built like an armor tank. His black hair was in a style similar to my once mohawk. Of course my hair has long since grown out since I came to this world. Alone, he could take on all of us and win with little sweat. Still, the tattered armor he wore depicted a wealth of experience. I made my way back to the others. The sun wasn't coming up for a while. Running around in the dark is usually a bad idea for anyone. I'm just glad for my picture-perfect memory and my twenty-fifteen eyesight. I could see better than most with crystal clarity, even at night. Combining those two traits, I had no worry about finding my way back to the others.

As I expected, the other Dark Templars were dead. But, instead, the giant man stood tall, talking with Searl. "Thank the gods you are okay, John," Lythienne said.

"This one here had to be feisty. This woman was also brainwashed by the Templars like Rophalin and Isa," I said.

"Thank you for coming to my aid. These Templars attacked us out of nowhere," he said.

"What's your name?" Searl asked.

"My name is Jobrac Runehand. I'm... was a dwarf from the northern clans," he stated.

"You're a dwarf??" I asked.

"Yes, you may not be able to tell from my size. I'm... unique among dwarves. One in a Million is born like me every few generations. So, most would mistake me for a huge human or small giant," he said.

"Why were these Dark Templars attacking you?" Lythienne asked.

"A group of worshippers was being escorted by the mercenary band I was part of. A covenant of nuns that have been concerned with the recent disappearance of many of their members," Jobrac explained.

"Let me guess; these nuns are all virgins, right?" I asked.

"Yes, you are correct. I managed to lead the Templars away from the group we were escorting. As a result, I am the only survivor of the warriors," Jobrac revealed.

"Where were you headed?" Lythienne asked.

"Felicity's Shelter, then to Serenity's Asylum," Jobrac said.

"Well, we are heading to Felicity's Shelter. You can tag along with us," I said.

"Then follow me to the nuns. I can assure you they will pay you for your services," Jobrac said.

"Seems like a deal, as for this Templar here. We'll keep the Templar detained," I said.

We shook hands in agreement. The three of us follow Jobrac to the nuns he's protecting. Searl takes the prisoner and checks her bonds before we start. We both take up the rear with Searl in front of me.

0