Domirella: The Surreal Succubi – Chapter Forty-One
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pain shoots from my wrists down my arms to my shoulders. Something cold and heavy is tightly connected around them. It's too dark to see anything. I look around, but something is in my eye. It's warm and running down my face. 'Blood?' That's why it's dark. Blood is in my eyes. A voice announces something I can't make out. Someone pushes my head back violently. A painful impact strikes my face. 'That's right... they've been at it for hours. And that's just for today. It's already been ten days.' They really don't like me. Another crack in my stomach, and someone grunts.

"Hey buddy, are you doing okay there?" I whispered, spitting out blood.

A flurry of punches and jabs riddles my body. "Sorry about that, cowboy. When I'm under stress, I get sarcastic. You understand, don't you?' I mumbled.

"Shut up!" the man yelled.

He continued his barrage of strikes until the loud bang of some door opened. Heavy boots echoed loudly as they drew closer. Three... no four templars. They were carrying two people. Metal chains drag across the floor. A few moments later, whoever they brought in is hung on either side of me.

"Now, since you are so tight-lipped. Let's see how well you handle pain now when it's someone other than you...," a voice said.

"Trying to torture someone else in my place. A logical tactic, but ultimately ineffective. Torture is notoriously ineffective. Any information you obtain wouldn't be accurate," I whispered.

"Well, we'll see about that," he said. "Start with the traitor," he added.

'Riona? She's not a traitor! Fuck, that means Lythienne's in here with her. Think, what can I do? I can't let them be tortured like me. So far, they've only questioned me. I need to figure out something quick. Then it hit me.'

"You got me... let's skip the bullshit. I was sent here to... take this fort out. By the King's orders," I said.

"The King of Euphoria sent you to siege this fort? Then why have you tainted this ordained one?" he said.

"You must be Adelard the. That's right, I was sent here to siege this fort because of the mine. Whatever you got going on here, the King wants it before the Countess can get her hands on it," I said.

"So, the Countess also knows about the Aletherium and Psytherium present here. How did you find out about this place?" Adelard demanded.

"Like you said... I tainted the Ordained One. But, to be honest, Riona resisted fiercely. Just like I tainted the Elf with me...," I said.

"How dare you touch my sister!" a female voice yelled.

My eyes are cleared of blood after a hard slap to the face. A malignant stare flashes from Rophalin's sister, Lythienne. Searl's sister Isa was next to her. Lythienne was on her knees beside her sister. Riona was hanging next to me and passed out. Some other person was on my left. A man around my age. His red hair covers his face mainly. 'A soldier or warrior from another country, perhaps?' Adelard snapped his fingers to get my attention back on him.

"How many warriors do you have with you?" he asked.

"Two elite regiments with another three in reserve," I whispered.

"That's almost ten thousand men. So even with my men, we are outnumbered a little over two to one," Isa said.

"Did I mention the Countess has five regiments on the way? Less than a day behind mine forces," I said.

"That puts us at four to one," Rophalin said.

"We have to verify this! How long before they arrive?" Adelard asked.

"Not sure; how long have I been here? I'd say about two weeks," I said.

"We need to reinforce our position or abandon it. But, unfortunately, Nald is too far away to arrive on time. If we could get support from the hold to the east," Isa said.

"How about this... let us go, and we'll call it even," I said.

A flurry of body shots and jabs wrecks my body. "Can't blame me for trying...," I said, coughing.

"We have to prepare," Adelard said.

"I want to know what you did to my sister, you monster!" Rophalin said.

"Adelard, make the preparations to repel a siege. We have more questions to ask this man," Isa said.

"As you wish, Lady Isa," he said.

Adelard left, leaving just two men other than Isa and Rophalin. They instructed them to continue beating me. I have to buy more time. I know now my right eye has some type of clairvoyance ability. Everyone here other than Adelard is under a mind-control spell. It's way more potent than the brainwashing Riona received. This must be an ability I got from the alternate me. They stopped asking what was wrong with my arms and chest days ago. It's a good thing I have a high pain threshold. Call it a courtesy of the war. Before then, pain and I didn't see eye to eye. I guess suffering painful injuries so many times has made me numb to pain. Sissel and Nifu have had enough time to learn every inch of this fort and the mines nearby. Searl left for Serenity's Asylum days ago. Jobrac and Lady Penelope Cathrine went to ask for help. Even Lucianne hired mercenaries for the operation. All thanks to Nifu's connection to me. Time is what we need now.

"Want to know how I tainted Miss Riona over there?" I asked.

"You what???" Rophalin snapped.

"No, Ropahlin... I want to hear this," Isa said.

"For starters... it was easier than I let on...," I whispered.

The two men hit me even harder. I have some pain resistance, but this is getting old and ridiculous. I need to figure out how to destroy the object casting the spell. It's either in the fort or in the mines. Prolonged exposure erodes the will of those in the vicinity. These runes of mine seem to protect Riona and Lythienne. I don't know how yet. Isa got in my face, pulling my head back.

"What did you do to our warrior priestess?" Isa asked. "Do you know she'll never ascend now that you have tinted her? How could you do something so despicable to her! She worked her whole life for this?" Isa snapped.

"Yeah, I don't think brainwashing counts as working your entire life or easing someone's memories," I countered.

"Blasphemy!" Rophalin yelled.

She draws her sword and prepares to impale me. "Wait, Rophalin!" Lythienne shouted.

Rophalin pauses and looks at her twin sister. She frowns, holding back her anger. Then she sheaths her sword.

"My sister saved your life... it won't happen again...," she whispered.

"You know both of you are brainwashed... not to mention under a powerful spell, right? Lythienne searched for you for years. As for you, Isa, your brother is out there looking too," I revealed.

"Silence, monster! My brother is dead!" Isa snapped.

"You saw him at the market in Tranquility's Harbor," I stated.

"No! That's a traitor! He wiped out everyone at Obsidian Citadel in Rostia, Ebon Citadel in Jecheovania, Blackhallow Citadel in Pocluelia, and everything our father built! Even killing our father himself!" Isa yelled.

A cloud is blocking her memories. I can see the fog around her mind. Same with Lythienne's sister. They were clearly under the influence of a drug on top of all that. There's something else in this mine that's causing this. It's in the water, the food, and the ground here. 'Could this be ground zero for whatever happened to the Dark Templars? This theory doesn't explain why Adelard isn't affected. Almost like he's controlling the men here. Except for Isa and Rophalin. Yes, the source of the drug is here. At least a site where it's present.' We need to seize this place.

"You know... all I had to do was kiss her...," I whispered.

Both of them turned red and jumped back, as this shocked them. I didn't really kiss her. More like I gave her life-saving emergency care. I've been observing who gets these runes of mine. Nifu confirmed that both Searl and Jobrac have runes on their backs along the spine. I believe with them, it's trust and respect that bond us. Although brief, our first encounters were of friendship and help. The same was true for Tonia, Toria, Sissel, and Cathy for the first time. Maybe more towards a more intimate bond. That's how it was with Lucianne. Lythienne is still a mystery, as I don't know what caused her to receive the runes. What is clear is my runes broke the hold on Riona. If I can cause the same effect in these two. Lythienne seems to understand my tactics. Of course, she would, but her sister might also catch on.

"If you really want to know... let Riona down. Then, I'll tell you exactly how I tainted her and Lady Lythienne...," I said.

0