Info
488 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remember I have a P@atron where you can read more chapters, Valancey. Otherwise, have a great day.

-------------

My daily routine has changed since I started practicing martial arts. Now my days start with a morning run and then practicing my balance and weight shifting.

I have also started doing my butler work mission. The entire inside of the hut is clean and swept daily. And outside of the hut, I trim and remove weeds and things that are in the way or just not good looking.

There is something I was not ready for about the butler work. I really enjoy it, and I find it calming. I enjoy the feeling of seeing something go from normal to pristine condition.

I just woke up today, so it’s time to clean the hut. It is almost completely clean, and everything is where it is supposed to be. So I take my duster and dust off all the countertops, chairs, shelves and books.

Right after finishing them, I walk out of the hut, as usual, without my top and only loose pants on. The morning sun is warming up my body as I see the lush woods and birds singing.

Infront of the hut there is not a path, and everything I can see off the open area around the hut is completely clean and organized. It looks like a proper garden of some sorts.

I walk around the hut and the only place that I have not cleaned up yet comes into view. It’s the backside of the open area. It’s not a huge area and should be done in just about an hour.

The biggest rock that is just laying there looks the most in the way, so I make my way over to it and get into a horse stance. I bend my legs and wrap my arms around the huge rock. I grab it with all my strength and lift. It weighs somewhere between 150 to 300 kg I would guess.

I lift it and slowly walk over towards the edge of the treeline. I place it at the edge and walk back over to take care of the rest.

It took around 30 minutes to clean it all up, and I knew I was done when I heard a message.

[Ding]

[Mission Completed, Reward: 50xp, Butler Work Level Up]

Great! Finally it’s done. System, show me my status.

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 2 (50/150)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[Affinity - Space] (Locked)

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 16]

[Agility - 14]

[Constitution - 19]

[Intelligence - 11]

[Mana Control - 5] (Locked)

[Mana Capacity- 5] (Locked)

[Attribute points - 0]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 2 → Level 3] (Passive)

[Martial Art - Level 1] (Active)

[↓Missions↓]

[Practice Martial Arts To Level 2 - 50xp, Reward: 5 Attribute points]

Wow, I haven’t checked my status since I started practicing my martial arts and this is a tremendous growth. The only thing that didn’t increase a lot is intelligence, but I can understand why.

Let’s try to clean the inside of the hut again, even though it’s already clean. I make my way inside the hut and pick up the duster again.

I swipe everything and do the same thing I do every morning, and I realize something. Is this the power of the skill leveled up? It’s so much faster and easier. This will help so much. I wonder how big the change will be when I level up my martial arts skill.

Oh, May is back. I can hear her walking through the woods. As I get out of the hut, what meets me is not the scene of May but someone entirely different.

A huge man at around 2,5 meters tall with cloth covering his face and a bag over his shoulder. This does not feel right. He smiles at me maliciously and drops the bag. “How about you just come with me nicely? Then I won’t have to hurt you.”

It looks like this will not end well. I can’t see any weapon on him, so that is probably good. The worst thing that could happen would be if he had an affinity. But even if don’t he can still strengthen himself with mana.

How should I handle this? I will need to get in close to him and try to fight him. Let’s start with trying to find out why he is here.

“Why are you here? It looks like you are specifically after me.” I ask as I slowly inch closer to him. I’m about 8 meters away from him, so If I can get to 3 meters, then I can hit him with a surprise attack.

“Of course I’m after you. Do you know how much you’re worth? I can live like a king for the rest of my life after selling you.” That is some unnerving information. I will need to find out more about that later. I will try to get more information whilst inching closer.

“So, how did you get here? I thought I was safe.” I ask, about 5 meters away. Almost in range. I am focusing mostly on inching closer, but also trying to get information from him.

The man sneers, and from his eyes I can see he makes a disgusted expression underneath the cloth. “That bitch sold your location for almost all of our money. That lowly woman is only a maid as well!”

As I was inching closer and closer, but heard the last sentence I stopped dead in my tracks. Trying to make sense of what he said.

19