1.06: Nissibela, I forgive you this much-
85 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raindrop found herself once again in the deity space, watching a new scene.

Ben and Cam had their backs to her, as she had arrive, but they were facing Nissy ― now laid out on the sofa with the guys looking down at her ― who still had a blank look on her face. But at least Raindrop knew why, now.

Nissy was hurting inside, and perhaps these two guys just didn't know?

"Um," Cam said first. "Do, do I go first, or ... do you want to-"

Ben seemed to sigh, then shrug. "I don't know. Let's just say. We both, both ... get a turn on her, I ... I guess. It's not like it matters, now-"

"Yeah tell me about it, Ben. Or maybe don't. If Nissy isn't ... coming back, and maybe the girl Raindrop is gone too ... this whole place and even Nissy might as well ... go away. But, if we do this, do her-"

"-I don't want her taint any more than you might; but ... would we turn away a freebie-"

"What are you two doing!" Raindrop shouted, suddenly aware ― maybe they were thinking something ... dirty minded?

Both men turned as one.

"Gah-" Ben inhaled in a sudden moment of shock.

"N, n, nothing Raindrop!" Cam broke in with a defense. "We, uh, we're just ― g, gonna check her body for-"

"... I heard you say something I can't ignore! You 'get a turn on her' and other things ... well I may be too young to understand it all but I think this is some of those sex things you told me about!"

Ben glared, like he was going to protest ― just like Raindrop had seen from Bethany, in the past life. So, Raindrop could only break through that, before he argued with her.

"Ben and Cam, I just met someone more powerful than you two, her name's Chun Fa, and I have something to do with Nissy, so ... back off!"

At the same time, it looked like both guys turned ash gray in the face, like they knew they got caught ― sort of like Bethany looked when Mommy came in and saw her hand in her panties, touching herself-


It was now an hour later, and Raindrop was sure things were going according to her plan. If she told them Chun Fa's name when they argued, could she even fail? She even got Ben and Cam to 'play nice' and be her servants, while she considered how to deal with Nissy, directly.

But. The events from before were still ... 'heavy' in her mind. Made her head hurt, to wonder what she actually needed now. Raindrop was hungry, and tired, and needed a bath too maybe; so why wouldn't Nissy need those things as well?

Under the mild threat of Raindrop telling Chun Fa what they were about to do, she found both men willing to 1.) fix the bestest meal for Nissy and her; 2.) prepare the bubbly-est baths for Nissy and her to have; then 3.) make the bed the softest so Nissy and Raindrop could rest.

The meal ... was ... amazing ― for far better than she could have fixed herself. Maybe Ben's portions tasted better than what Cam fixed because he was betterer at the cooking; but she didn't mind. Nissy, while being so stiff and vacant looking, still could move her own arms, hands, and legs to move to the kitchen area and be seated, by Raindrop asking her to do this.

Ben also seemed to play the part of a ... what is the word, Daddy and Mommy knew this, 'cause Mommy did this job where she met Daddy ... ah, a waiter. Ben waited on her and Nissy while they ate, and then cleaned up any mess and any left over foods. But Raindrop felt full, and even Nissy didn't eat any more at the end. Left overs for tomorrow?

Then the next thing. Raindrop asked Nissy to take a bath and use the toilet if she needed to, she still smelled like she had been playing with herself. And when she was done, to go to the bedroom, get dressed, to lay in the bed until Raindrop got done with a bath and came to the bed too, and wait. Raindrop wanted them both to be comfortable as the next part happened; but she wasn't about to say what this was to Ben or Cam! No matter how many times they asked. Either they had some strange idea of what two girls could do in a bed, or they worried Raindrop would try something harmful of Nissy ― she didn't know what they thought.

Raindrop took her own time with this bath, cleaning up so much, and feeling the bestest feelings, ever! Bubbles, so many cute, poppy bubbles. She even sang some bath songs for a while, letting the sound reach into the rest of the space. Well if she did have that one ability that might require singing, she should probably practice it some time; and bath time was as good as any. And then, because she could ― she put on a lot more clothes ... just so she didn't go back into the world with only the tee shirt and shorts. And since she was looking like a twelve year old elf girl, the clothes she picked would fit her the right way, in either place.

Finally. Raindrop looked to the bed, to the mute and empty look coming from the girl goddess, and sighed ... like she saw so many of the adults do in the past. Hmm; maybe this is their way of dealing with the worry or frustration of something beyond their ability? Just ... exhale like this and let the worry go too?

Ben and Cam, they both stayed at the door to this bedroom, maybe unsure of whether they were allowed to watch. Or maybe they were considering if they should stop Raindrop from what she had to do.

"Little miss ... please tell us now, what, what are you going to do?"

"Eh, well you will see in a moment, Ben."

"... th, then will you t, tell me, instead of Ben?"

"No Cam. If I won't tell Ben, then I won't tell you either. Just watch, you should be safe from there."

Raindrop giggled inside; she thought it funny now she had some power over these deities somehow. So ... life wasn't so bad and she wasn't so ready to give up any more. She could thank Chun Fa for the talk, and for the tea, and for the warm hug that seemed to melt all those worries away. And for it all ... the chance to talk away from these guys. Some things a little girl just cannot say to two older males!


Crawling into the bed, she reclined next to Nissy. Part of her might still hate how Nissy acted before; but from talking to Chun Fa, the rest of her finally understood, how and why the girl goddess might have acted like this.

Closing her own eyes for a moment, she saw the bright-white-hot points in the dispersed all-realm glow which were both Ben and Cam, and the points that were her and Nissy.

Now. How does she access this inventory again?

Aah, Chun Fa told her, and so ... yes, there it is. She giggled; this is so like a game to her, yet in real life. There is the one thing ― the paper disk, with the markings upon it. So ... she is just supposed to take it out, and ... hold it between her and Nissy's hands?

"Raindrop-"

"I am okay, Ben. But this must happen or something worse will happen to Nissy, and me, and the rest of the world. I ... I may be afraid ... but I think so is Nissy, inside of her. I have to do this."

And, she did ― took out the paper, slapped it between her and Nissy's open palm, and called out the word.

"... Ben look that's a-"

"Confront!"

"... oh sh-"


Whatever words were said next, Raindrop could not hear it; she was inside a new space, a dark space ... well she saw some light in the distance, some faint point of light ahead.

'Am I supposed to ... walk there? Is this where Nissy is at?'

The walk to go there felt strange. Like, walking across squishy ground, like rotten pumpkin mash; she had no idea why she thought of stomping on pumpkin guts but it gave her a smile.

But the area she walked through, it sorta reminded her of maybe a forest? though a lot different, and the 'trees' maybe weren't trees but ... something representing trees.

If what Chun Fa said ... memories are like trees? They take root inside the mind, and, then what memories you walk through, they can make a mind more strong or more weak-

Ahead, far ahead of here, she hear a crying something, like a little girl crying.

"Nissy?" she called out.

The crying stopped for a second, but resumed again, and even harder too.

Taking this as her direction, Raindrop could only walk forward, to confront this new thing.

There, just through the last clump of these 'trees', she saw her ― Nissy, but a younger Nissy than Raindrop was at the start of this. Or so she looked; Raindrop had no idea of how these gods and goddesses aged, if they lived so long too. And further on, some kind of glowing place, much like the system screens she saw, partly see through, but this glowing place was all light so she couldn't see through it.

The young Nissy sat here on the squishy ground, and Raindrop couldn't understand why she sat like that.

"I want my mommy!"

'So, does this mean ... Nissy is like I was? She just wants a Mommy to hold her, to tell her she is alright?'

Such an interesting thought, for a girl as young as Raindrop still was, whether six or twelve years old. That this young goddess, Nissy, was also the same in this way, did explain a lot. Maybe she also had some kind of worry inside her, or some damage from the past. That's what Jenny said of some of their fellow kindergartners. Jenny told her she categorized people. This boy bully had trauma, that girl had some abuse, this teacher was damaged-

All too many thoughts to bring up, now. Raindrop was here for only one purpose: to connect with Nissy ― more correctly, Nissibela ― and find a way to help her. Or at least to see if Nissy's life can be helped like this.

"... Nissibela?"

"... *awah* *sniff* ... un, yeah-"

"It's okay, you aren't alone now, I want to help-"

"B, b, but I was mean to you, so you hate me-"

"No I don't."

"You do! You do too! I see the look on your face when you see me!"

"Well I don't like the way you act; but this doesn't mean I can't ... try, to make a friend with you."

"... *sniff* ... r, really?"

"... yeah."

"B, b, but I can't, I hurt, I miss Mommy-"

Raindrop wanted to sigh again, from all this talk. Chun Fa had said, this might be called 'defeatist', where a person just wanted to give up on a hard thing without even trying. Really she said this is probably the first thing Raindrop would face, once in this 'confront' thing.

"... Nissibela. I did meet one of the other goddesses, who told me about your grandmother, and mother, so I think I understand some. I don't know it all, but I want to listen to you explain it. I want to hear it from you-"

"-it's cause the others, they ... they said all those things about me, and about Mommy, and about Gran-"

Raindrop just held back from saying anything, waiting to see if the girl would continue. When she didn't, Raindrop knew she would have to say something then.

"Some things this other goddess told me, was about this grandmother of yours. If I understand her, it's something like ... your grandmother was an almost hero among the gods and goddesses? And your mother and now you also found it hard to deal with this?"

"... y, yeah. *sniff* because we are supposed to be ourselves, not what other deities want us to be. And, then when I was this little, some other boy deity said some hurting things-"

As she said this, one of the near trees, which already had a faint glow, vanished ― to be replaced in front of Nissy and Raindrop, with a scene they both saw. So this is what Chun Fa meant, triggering a flashback-


"Nissy nuts! Nissy nuts!" the boy called out in a daring manner. "All the Nissy goddesses are nuts! Even Bela!"

"Stop it! Mommy, Darken is teasing me again!"

The much older version of herself, the mother, only smiled from nearby. "Well then I suppose this means, Darken likes you Bela?"

Darken glared, his face burned red. "D, d, do not!"

Nissibela paused, considering whether this is something to cry over, to laugh over, or what.

"But dear boy," her Mommy calmly stated, "you have been teasing her a lot; so much that even your own mother asked me about it. Isn't it kind of understood, when a boy teases a girl, it means he likes her?"

"I don't! Nissy's nuts! Who'd wanna like some little freak like her!"

"Watch it, Darken, or I'll tell your mother-"

"Yah you tell 'im Mommy!" Nissy shouted as Darken ran off.

"Careful too, 'bela. You should not tease him either, so brutally, or-."

"... can't help it, it's this thing called 'Play' I have-"

"Even so. Be kind, or it might backf-"

Nissy saw her mother stop, holding onto her head for a moment.

"... Mommy?"

"-it's alright, dear. Just ... some kind of badness, trying to reach out to hurt me, and ... I have to fight it, so I can stay here with you. But 'bela, if I do this much to fight the bad that wants me, surely so can you?"

"... okay. I don't understand what you mean about fighting bad, but ... I will try, to be less mean."

"That's all I want to know. Come here, I really do need a hug from my girl-"


The scene ended, and Raindrop considered. Was this one of those ... what Chun Fa also said ... 'pivotal moments'? An instance which meant something to the girl?

"Mommeeeee-"

Young Nissy still sat here, glancing at the scene, as it stayed in place. No, not stayed in place; it might be slowly fading, which means what Chun Fa also said is true ― she had a short amount of time to use this as a teaching experience, before it faded to nothing.

"Nissibela, see from this, your Mommy loved you, right? And you loved her?"

"... *sniff* ... *uwah* ... but they said ... *uwah* ... said she went bad already ... *uwaaaah*."

"But not in this moment, not in this memory. See here, see she loves you? She is here reaching out and holding you? I have a Mommy too, or had, in the past life ― and she held me like this too. So I know Nissy, you are loved too, in a moment like this. Even if something happened, and this changed, you were still loved here. Why not try to remember this more often?"

"*uwaahh* cause it's too hard, it hurts cause Mommy is gone *uwahh*."

Raindrop reached out, touching the young Nissy for the first time here. "Let me hug you, then, like I see your Mommy did. Maybe that will help you remember this? If I hold you, then you and I can be friends?"

The young girl goddess, she melted into the grasp, and cried. Raindrop could only hold on as she remembered her own Mommy doing for her. Like that time she scraped her knee the first time riding a bicycle, and to get some bandage on it-

This hug might be the only thing here to make a 'bandage' though. Raindrop wasn't stupid, it's not the same; but within this mind space, maybe Nissibela could just ... accept it for now?

"It's okay 'bela."

Raindrop used the same nickname her mother had called her, but the girl only pulled in tighter. The scene vanished, and Raindrop had some faint feeling that she did it, she helped Nissy this one way. The 'tree' did not return, but in its place, the ground seemed to look less like this spongy stuff, and more like a sort of grassy ground, only a small circle of land though.

And for the change, Raindrop felt like she also got something from it. Some small pinpoints of light flew at her, and entered her body! Well if this were a game, they would probably be some kind of 'points' as Jenny might say. Every game had its currency, or some kind of points which could be used in buying stuff-

But she didn't worry about this now. Nissibela still held onto her so tight, she dare not let go yet.


After maybe a while like this, she felt Nissy straighten up, and try to pull away.

"Hey my place is different-"

"Yeah so it's because the goddess who sent me here, she told me these things are called 'pivotal moments', and when they open or unlock or something, they can change your view of life. And she also said something funny like 'it is a metaphor' ― but I don't understand that. What's a metaphor-"

Keeping her hand and fingers linked to 'bela, she pulled forward as she walked to the new spot.

Grass. Well small grasses, but a place with a ground with grass growing in it. Maybe, a circle of the ground, like the size of where the branches and the roots would reach out to? None of the other tree things were so near, so Raindrop had no idea why the circle only stopped at this much of a distance. Surely it should go on, at least until reaching the next tree radius?

But also in the center of this space, it seemed like she could see some faint game like thing. Like a note stuck right on the ground.

"Hey Nissy, can you go see what that thing is, there, I think you are supposed to have it-"

"... okay?"

"-because it might help you, too, as we go forward."

Nissibela let go of the finger grip, and stepped forward, to practically right on top of this game marker. Nothing happened, until she also reached down, and touched the marker-

-poof-

A faint explosion of light shot upward, and then the point of light also reached a point it could go no higher, and it then fell down too.

"Raindrop? I see ... new colors here?"

Raindrop could only look around. She didn't see anything different; she saw things in the same colors they were from the beginning of this 'confront' moment. So, maybe, this means Nissy didn't see color all this time?

"... I see all the colors already, did you not see them before this?"

"-n, no. I think, before you came here, it all looked dark, and unhappy, and ... I was scared-"

Raindrop nodded, like she knew some of the adults might have. They might have nodded like this, as if to say they understood ― no way could Raindrop understand! She didn't see darkness like Nissibela, but she can think of what it might be like! Nothing more than this, though-

-but the grass did seem a little brighter green, though. Maybe if enough of those memories were opened or unlocked ... the rings of grasses could merge together, and make this whole place better?

She stepped forward, to meet Nissy on the grassy area; the feeling on her bare toes felt good now.

But yet, Nissibela still fell into a crouch in the center of this space, with a pouty look on her face.

"What, what's wrong 'bela?"

"... it's because, I think you still hate me. Or, you will hate me, if you see any more of my life."

... I don't know, 'bela, but I don't think I wanna hate you. Something was said about what will happen to your world, to you, and also to all the peoples you summoned-"

"... but you will still hate me. Because maybe I hate myself, for those things too-"

"Well don't Nissy, because together we can get through this."

Raindrop didn't know why she said all this; but for some reason she felt, if Nissy gave up, they were all done, too.

"... really? Y, you won't leave me?"

"I promise, I won't leave-"

"LIAR!" Nissy shouted. "Even Mommy said she wouldn't leave me-"


The scene shot out, another tree thing disappearing. This time, playing out even larger in their view.

Her mommy held her head again, like she had been doing so much lately. This thing she said the one time, the badness was reaching for her, and she found it hard to handle.

"Mommy ... fight it, or ... what will happen to me, if I don't have you?"

"... I know, dear 'bela. But it's hard, they say ... things."

"But Mommy. I love you. I need you to keep holding me Mommy!"

Her grasp of her mother could only do so much, she could only say so much, what she wanted her Mommy to know-

Why? Why did those bad things try to hurt Mommy? Was it for some reason because others said, her Grandma was a hero among them, for having resisted- whatever that means?

But right then, she felt her mother shiver, even if it was not cold here she shouldn't have shivered. Mommy started a strange moan, turning to a growl-

"Grandma! Help me! Help Mommy too!"

Her grandmother appeared, with a look of concern; but her mother's face, suddenly contorted to something angry.

"Get out of here woman," called her mother, in such a strange, strange way, as she pushed Nissibela away.

"What are they doing to you, 'hana? Why did you never tell me it was so bad?"

She saw, her grandmother's approach was pushed back by her mother, who growled in some alien way.

"'bela run!"

Grandma wasn't following. Even if bela wanted to go back and see what was happening, she had the fear of being in something far worse than she'd ever been in.

So at a distance, she could only sit on the ground, and cry. Cry, and hear the growls and groans and watch the strange powerful lights shake the whole house-

-and then, it was done. A form much like Mommy, shot out of the house, and fled.

"Mommy!"

Grandma was the only one to come to her. "I am so sorry, 'bela; but ... your mother ... might not come back."

"... but ... Mommy!"

And, Nissy cried, like she never had before.

"M, m, mommeeeeeeeee-"


Raindrop saw Nissy crying still, or was it again. But from this scene she just saw, she understood why.

What could she get from this?

... well ... even if her Mommy left, she still had a grandmother who stayed, and who would help her.

"-Mommy left me! She abandoned me, and left! To be with ... the demons!"

".. but your grandmother didn't. I think, in all this time, you have al-"

"SHUT UP!" the little goddess girl shouted. "I HATE YOU!"

Raindrop froze. This moment is coming face to face with some of Nissy's inner torture, and she had just spoken so calmly. Is it any wonder Nissy would be angry?

"I don't hate you, Niss-"

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Raindrop felt a strong compulsion, a sudden urge, to get off the grass ― or else something bad might happen. She could only calmly walk away, at least as far as the edge of this grassy circle ... back to the squishy ground.

How can Raindrop continue to help Nissy, if she now is so very angry?

What she said earlier. Nissy said, she thought Raindrop would be hating her for the other things she might see. And even before this, Raindrop while in front of Chun Fa, also said something about wanting to help, so she had to be willing to help, by 'forgiving' her.

This next part, she felt would be such a long shot ― it might not even work at all, or it might make this worse.

She held her arms open wide. "Nissibela, I forgive you this much-"

Nissy's eyes watered, maybe blurry from tears, and suddenly she was crying again. "-c, come, hug me-"

At last, Raindrop could step forward, which she did with relief.


PoV: Ben.

He looked at the two girls in the bed ... seeing this hadn't gone like he thought it might. Both he and Cam had approached the duo on the bed, just after Raindrop said that word ― to find an impenetrable barrier put over them. Nobody could touch them for the moment; they were within a system designed to protect them both for such an occasion.

He might be just a bit horny, from his earlier deeds with Brianna ― deeds which were interrupted in order to deal with Nissy here.

Still, Ben could not just ... leave, and figure it would all work itself out here. He was burning precious moments ― and Brianne had probably lost interest in the moment he vanished from the intimate act, and she probably had finished the rest of it on her own.

'Eh ... what can a guy do, but his prime duty, in a moment such as this-'

Pretty sure he could have explained away any incident in using the young goddess Nissy's body to Brianna; but just a small bit of worry in case any other deities were also watching this space. Ah that's right; probably the administrator lady who had oversight into this case. She was a real hardball, as the Earth souls liked to say this century.

So ... should he stay or should he go-

"Ben."

"... yeah Cam?"

"What now."

"... well assuming you can maintain oversight of the two of them, I ... would like to go back, and try to patch things up with Bri ― I kinda did leave her in a hurry-"

"Yeah I know, you had your bits hanging out too-"

"Don't remind me." Ben chuckled, then spared a second more of introversive thought. "Call me then if you need me, or they wake up."

"Yeah I gotcha."

"-and whatever you do on your own, just make sure to clean up proper-"

"BEN!"

He laughed, and disappeared from this now permanent 'temporary space'.


PoV: Raindrop Windfall.

"... all better, Bela?"

Raindrop found it easier to use this nickname, rather than the one which began her proper name; so, this is probably how she'd call her from now on ― assuming they got along well.

"... yeah. Thanks, Raindrop."

She smiled. Somehow it felt nice to have people call you by a name, any proper name, especially one you chose for yourself. She forgot, she could have chosen something which had an easier nickname to go along with it; but for now this would work.

"-I really do wanna be friends, you know, because-"

"... because otherwise it's lonely?" Bela offered. "Yeah I know all about being alone-"

Raindrop looked at Bela, and they both stared at each other, then both broke into laughter.

"Well if we had got along like this since the beginning, we wouldn't have a problem, right."

"... but ... you do have to go back to that world, the place I made, and I-"

"I can still be a friend, even there!"

"-but it will be hard. For you, to live like that."

"That just means I have to pay more attention to the 'Pay to Win' system for a while, and also to go exploring in that forest too ― and then I'll survive."

Both fell silent, until Raindrop asked another question.

"Will you accept your grandmother as caring for you?"

"... I don't wanna be in her shadow. But I guess after she lost my Mommy, she didn't wanna lose me too."

"That's true. Then 'bela, can you also see, what your Mommy did, wasn't your fault?"

"... but, if I just fought harder, to hold Mommy more-"

"No. Those things were too hard for your Mommy, they would be too hard for you alone too. It's what I remember an adult telling me and my sisters, once-" She frowned. "I don't remember when or where, but I do know it. It's something that's not your fault, okay?"

"But I still hurt, Raindrop. I lost my Mommy, and I hurt from not having her here. And then I also understand why she left. Cause even if it weren't my fault ― that meant she was weak to those demons."

Raindrop had to stay silent, for this ― she didn't have any idea what to respond. Well there might have been something said at temple about the demons, but even this might be above her head. If only that adult who said this about the demons had explained all this before!

No. Think. Chun Fa said ... when Raindrop said she was afraid ... 'grow less afraid'.

"... then, grow less weak?"

"But I can't, at least, not alone. And because there's a time limit on you being here to help, and because what I did to you too ― I feel hurt."

It seemed like how Nissibela spoke, it was like 'bela was anta- provoking Raindrop. Or maybe did the demons also just now affect Nissy to say that, because they knew Raindrop might give up and leave 'bela to them?

Even with this thought, the previous words pushed her, so she wanted to ask Nissy something.

"Why Uncle Herb."

"... not gonna talk about that."

"Why?"

"Because it's a hurtful memory, of something done to me, first."

Raindrop waited, but when nothing happened, she only sighed again. Maybe this would take some time, to get to this point.

Still, Nissy had one new empty circle of land to claim. Some area of her mind to change her view. This also turned into a grassy area; and the space between the first and second rings of grass slowly started to meet in a calm cool ground ― just no grass yet. Maybe as more 'memory trees' were defeated, then more areas would grow together? Instead of looking so dark and dismal, this place could be bright and lively.

"... if, if you won't mind ... I'd like to tell what the other goddess said about your grandmother, and maybe you can tell me if that's right?"

At a small pause, she then saw Bela nod slowly.


"I think it goes back further than your Grandma, like back to the days of the First One, the one I call Jay. He said something about his first student, and others who were being pulled on by those demons. Being pushed to do and say and think certain things. All the things which were meant to make them ... well, not fun to be around."

"... that's not all of it, Raindrop. I saw it, I saw how the demons pulling on Mommy changed her. She tried so hard to keep it away, and I was so afraid. I didn't have anyone to turn to, because. The other deity kids, they must have thought I was like some princess goddess or something, being related to her, my Grandmother. And I didn't understand, why it had to be that way-"

"Well I don't know your grandmother so we can have a friendship like you wanted, when you were young. Just me and you, getting to know each other like friends. But promise no more trying to hurt me, as I try to live in your world-"

Nissy didn't promise, she didn't respond to this yet.

"-anyway," Raindrop continued, hoping to come back to this again some time. "The story is told, is much like this-"

She said as calmly as she could remember, what Chun Fa had told her. Of how Nissilani had almost fell to the demon's control, to be a weak one and a way for the demons to override these gods and goddess trying to pick up where Jehave left them. In fact, 'lani also had a moment, in an internal confrontation with those demonic forces, and herself had managed to overpower them. It was a bold and daring reaction, this early step which led to making the paper circle Chun Fa had given Raindrop, just to recreate the event.

Raindrop didn't care to mention what Chun Fa also said ― maybe one in three people this was called on would be successful; but in the case of Nissibela it was hoped she could be one of the successes. This may put a lot of pressure upon 'bela to 'win' this confrontation, with Raindrop helping her. In the now, Raindrop only wanted to do what she could ― as Chun Fa said, if she got too worried about succeeding or failing, it could damage the chance of success to the wrong way.

But more of the story also told, of how then after Nissilani had this success, she then also helped a few of the others also confronted by the demons. Not all of them could be saved; but an honest effort to try was all anyone could hope for.

"-and then, that's why I decided, I do want to help you, 'bela. Well I worry you would still fight me too, but at least ― can we be friends for now?"

"... okay ... ?"

"YOU CANNOT HAVE MY DAUGHTER!" screeched something fierce.

3