Gang-Start
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It all started on the first day of the 12th grade, I had spent almost all summer practicing volleyball, and hanging out with friends but now it was time to buckle down and get ready for my last season of high school volleyball and my last year of high school as well.

It’s been great not having to worry about much for the past few months but with my life basically just starting I’ve got a lot to do.

Lately things have been getting worse and worse with the rise of gangs and violent mobs and it’s getting sickening especially paired with the fact that we have special abilities, I want to do something about it, but I can’t do it by myself.

It would be better for me to just focus on my academics and sports I need to get into Ibala university.

 

“Asa you dumbass are you even listening?”

I must’ve spaced out, that’s Kuro my best friend. We’ve been friends ever since I moved to this place when I was 5. He’s tall kind of built and super scary looking but he’s an airhead. His ability allows him to alter his strength and everyone else’s to the point where he’s insanely stronger than them and they’re weaker than a gust of wind but because of how overpowered his ability is he can only activate it 3 times every few hours which he had to train a whole lot for.

We were lucky to get the same classes this semester and next, I deadass do think someone hacked into the school records to get us together.

“My fault, what’s up?”

“The teacher asked you about your summer break answer her you dunce!”

“Nigga stop calling me dumb before I knock you out.”

“As if you could” – He laughs out after.

I look up and realize Ms. Killmenow is staring right at me, God I hate this teacher she’s so annoying and the worst its actually torture I’m here but at least I got Kuro and my other friends here.

“So, Mr. Allen I take it you’ve had an eventful summer since you can’t even pay attention during class.”

Bite me – I say under my breath.

Yeah, I did actually but it probably wasn’t as eventful as yours” – I let out sarcastically seeing the vein pop out in her forehead.

“First day and you’re already getting on top of my nerves, good job Mr. Allen. I did ask you a question though and I would like it if you answered.”

 

I gave her a half-assed explanation of what I did in the summer and sat down. The rest of the class was uneventful as it was the first day, so I just chilled and talked with Kuro and the rest.

My other classes were about the same, but lunch is where things got exciting.

 

“Yo Asa, what’s good nigga how you been?”

This kid’s Imani, he’s like a school only type friend but he’s chill, he always has my back and is also on the volleyball team.

“Yo I been alright, how you been?”

“I been chilling y’know, getting ready for volleyball and shit just some basic stuff.”

“That’s good yo, you been working on those sets cause I’m gonna need you to give me a lot of them good ones!”

 

Then out of nowhere two kids just started fighting, like full on super-strength/super-speed vs telekinesis type shit and things were getting mad heated.

No one was jumping in to do anything, so I stopped time for a bit looked for any weaknesses and soft points in both aggressors, unfroze time, walked up to them and hit them where the were weak. I then used my super intimidation to get them to tell me what was up.

Apparently, some kid had told the guy with the speed that the guy with the telekinesis was trying to take an upskirt picture of his girlfriend and so he just hit the guy with a super fast punch and damn near knocked him out.

I stared at the two of them on the ground, glaring at each other with a mix of anger and embarrassment. Everyone else in the cafeteria looking at us in shock. I let out a big sigh and said –

"Aight, y’all too grown for this shit you don’t go around beating niggas up just cause you heard from some idiot that he was doing stuff. Calm it before I actually have to do something" I said firmly still using my super intimidation.

They looked up at me with fear in their eyes. The crowd around us began to disperse, going back to doing what they were doing before.

I then left and went back to talk to Kuro and Imani about what just happened finding a feeling I’ve never felt before.

"That was cool as shit I can’t lie" Kuro exclaimed, his voice filled with awe and excitement.

Imani sarcastically with a big smile on his face says, "Look at you big hero man. Maybe you should use your powers to stop those gangs around us."

I laughed a little "Maybe. But I gotta focus on school. I got a whole lot to do before I graduate and that’s not really one of them."

We spent the rest of lunch talking about what we wanted to do this year and how we were excited for the last year of high school.

Little did I know that this seemingly ordinary day would be the catalyst for a series of events that would lead me down a path I never anticipated—a path that would test my abilities and push me to become something greater than I ever imagined.

0