Chasing Shadows
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After school I realized that I was way more powerful than I thought I was which got me thinking that maybe what Imani said was worth trying.

But still, I couldn’t distract myself with this at all, volleyball tryouts are next week, and I need to make sure that I’m on top of my game for then.

Imani, Kuro, and I decided to go to Clown Burger after school to talk so more before heading to the gym to practice volleyball when I noticed some guys trailing us.

We hadn’t done anything to stick out, so I felt it was one of those random gang attacks like a robbery or something like that, so I told the guys and we started running and of course they started chasing after us.

I was able to outsmart the gang members and corner them but as soon as they realized they were cornered they pulled out guns and activated their powers. I, in turn, used my intimidation on them making them drop their weapons and de-activate their powers, then I started to question them.

“Why were you guys chasing us?” I said in a stern serious voice.

“Y’all ain’t shit we just wanted an easy lick and y’all were right there.” guy #1 responded.

“Yeah, what he said” guy #2 said like he was tough.

“Are you guys just generally this stupid or is it because of my powers?”

“Kill yourself man” guy #1 said.

We all busted out laughing and I told the guys to never follow us around unless they wanted to get put on a T-shirt and to tell whatever shit gang they were from to leave us alone. We continued going to Clown Burger and then went and practiced for next week.

It’s been a week since anything has happened even minor stuff but that encounter with the gang and what Imani said to me kept playing over and over in my head and I just felt like I had to do something.

Today’s the day of tryouts and I have no doubts I’d be able to get starting lineup power hitter, I’ve been working on my awful receives and sets but I have faith that they’re good enough to get me through.

“You think you gonna get in?” Kuro jokingly asks me.

“Nah, totally not I’m not as super strong like you are” I respond sarcastically.

“Mhm, yea totally I know lil bro.” he says confidently.

We walk into the court all changed and ready lined up with the rest of the tryouts waiting for the coach to come in and get started, but before long some kids fly in the gym fighting again.

Everyone else just stared at them while they fought, again, Kuro looked at me like he knew what I was gonna do and I nodded in approval, then I stopped time. Did the same thing I did a few days ago and ended the whole conflict.

After I got the idiots out of the gym the coach came in and started tryouts.

“Remember this is a no power type of sport, so if I catch you using your powers during the tryouts or any games, you’re out no questions asked” He shouted loudly.

I looked over at Kuro as if I knew he was gonna accidentally use his super strength and spike a kid in his face, he turned to me and shrugged me off like he could tell what I was thinking.

 

Everything was going great until some kid decided to heat his body up and make everyone in the gym super-hot damn near giving the coach heatstroke, so he kicked him out and opened all the court doors to cool off and took a five minute break.

After that we finished tryouts and coach told us he’d add all the ones who passed tryouts to a group chat and that we’d need to show up to practice first thing tomorrow, but I knew that Kuro and I would’ve passed because we performed the best out of the others.

After we got changed, we decided to go to Clown Burger as usual to get some food and hang out, but just like last week some guys were trailing us. I did the same thing as last week, but this time asked the guys which gang they were in.

“Alright dumbasses, what gang you from?” I asked them using my Super Intimidation

“We- we’re from the Shadow, si- sir.” This kid responds scaredy.

Shadows? Who the hell are they, I’ve never heard of them before.

I looked over at Kuro to see his reaction and he was just as puzzled.

I asked the kid if the same guys from last week were also in this gang, and he said they were. I also asked what their motives were, but he couldn’t answer, I shouldn’t have expected much from a kid.

I let them off giving them the same warning as before doubting that they would listen just like last time.

“Did you see that? This new gangs initiating kids, its messed up” I said to Kuro.

“No for real, its super messed up someone’s gotta do something about them before they get too much to deal with”

He responds

“Maybe its actually time we start our own gang to deal with them like Imani said.”

I look over at him thinking that maybe it is time that I actually do start a gang.

0