Chapter 95: Changes in the Universe!
48 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Android 16, the formidable creation of the brilliant late Dr. Gero, found himself undergoing a transformation unlike any other. The cold metal of his body hummed with energy as he lay upon the sterile examination table, his mechanical eyes fixed on the two figures of the Head Scientists of the Planet Trade Organization. Rasin and Lakasei dancing eyes inspected every inch of Android 16’s body. "Are you certain this will work, Rasin, Lakasei?" Android 16's deep, robotic voice echoed through the properly lit testing chamber.

Rasin and Lakasei giggled in excitement as he asked that question. "You have absolutely nothing to worry about! We’ll make sure you aid the Organization to your greatest ability and stop you if you ever become a danger to the universe," Rasin replied, his voice tingling with joy. "According to Lord Turles, this fusion will unlock your full potential, allowing you to help the universe in ways you never thought possible."

Before this enhancement procedure, Android 16 was utilized for his skills in bringing about peace and prosperity throughout the galaxies. As a being more than happy to spread harmony wherever he went, Turles didn't need to modify him extensively after retrieving him from Earth. Just removing the mission to eliminate Kakarot had been sufficient. Plus, he never got to know his siblings 17 and 18.

Android 16 was also known for his peaceful, friendly, and kind nature. Without any need for data manipulation, Turles had managed to convince the big green robot to work for the Planet Trade Organization. After all, one of his most critical goals was improving the mortal level for Universe 7. Beings that were aligned with that goal were worth recruiting. Turles hadn't needed to raise or lower Android 16’s battle power. He was already formidable enough just from Dr. Gero’s original designs. The average mortal in Universe 7 was like an ant compared to Android 16. However, Android 16, as an android, was rather limited in its capabilities to affect the galaxy on a grand scale. His power was considerable enough to affect stars, but only on a relatively small scale. When it came to dealing with threats intending to harm innocent lives or nature, no one could match him. All evildoers would be apprehended or destroyed.

But the unfortunate truth was that Android 16 was just one android, limited in his ability to be in multiple places at once. This realization led Turles to ponder, 'Wouldn’t it be great if I had a robot army whose sole purpose was to better the universe through peace and kindness?' While Turles may have been a cruel, despicable villain, that didn’t mean those under him had to be the same. It wouldn’t be impossible to rule Universe 7 even if he tried to turn everyone into villains, but Zeno, the powerful Omni-King, favored good-hearted beings. Turles knew that getting on Zeno’s bad side was not a chance he could afford to take. At least, not yet.

So, Turles began working to ensure that his universe wouldn’t be wiped out for some trivial reason after all the hard work and effort he had put into it so far. By ensuring a healthy balance of good and evil, with the good guys being the star of the show and the bad guys running things from the background, he believed he could secure his universe's future. Turles’s plan for Android 16 didn’t come into play until one of his men finally retrieved the elusive computer chip responsible for creating the Big Gete Star. Turles certainly had alternative choices about who to have as the host for the Big Gete Star. But Android 16 had advantages that others didn’t, considering his more robotic nature. A pre-programmed mind meant that the power given to him by the Big Gete Star wouldn’t corrupt him like it would any other being. At least, not as easily.

But his other options... All had negative traits that could be exploited or magnified by the Big Gete Star. They didn’t have the prosperity of those in the universe at the forefront of their hearts. Perhaps Basil, but Turles chose not to use his eldest when he could use Android 16 instead. The boy had large shoes to fill as his firstborn. At the end of the day, Android 16 was chosen as the host of the Big Gete Star. After being injected with the computer chip on the metal-less planet, things began to change rapidly throughout Universe 7. The Planet Trade Organization, ruling through the four galaxies and most of the universe, now had an almost infinite amount of manpower available to them.

Manpower that significantly aided in resisting and capturing the significant resurgence of rebels. Manpower that helped patrol and defend all across the universe. Manpower that took an enormous amount of energy to maintain and improve but helped ease the lives of billions of PTO citizens across the universe. With the power of the 16’s, it was rather easy to quell the surging rebellion. The Planet Trade Organization’s Intelligence Force was a force to be reckoned with especially when teamed up alongside the Vigilance Force, who had the ability to see the future! To an extent…

The power of the 16s was too great even if the rebels gathered together most of their forces and utilized stolen tech. And the androids only grew stronger with the absorption of more energy. Energy that was readily available at all times at the PTO. There wasn’t a day that soldiers weren’t being trained in the organization. Plus, if there was an emergency where they needed multiple 16’s, one of the higher-ups could be requested and transported over through the Transportation Force. That higher-up would share their energy before downing a senzu bean and going along their way.

It was a great system that would work out as long as no one found out that this metallic planet was the source of all of the 16’s throughout the universe!


In the wake of the universe's turmoil, Turles's children found themselves thrust into a role they were more than happy to fill: stabilizers of the cosmos. As they gathered aboard their force’s spaceship, the atmosphere crackled with joy. Bon paced the command deck, her gaze fixed on the holographic display showing the current changes spreading across the universe. The massive resurgence of rebels was being dealt with swiftly as the numerous Android 16’s were being transported across the universe.

“It doesn’t even matter how the rebels came back alive! They don’t come back if we kill them again!” Bon shared.

“I see your point, but we cannot allow a method of revival like this to be readily available. Although we wouldn’t have lost to the rebels even without the androids, they certainly could’ve caused irreparable damage to the Empire.” Basil explained.

“So, how did the rebels come back to life anyway?” Stella questioned.

“None of the people I beat up said anything,” Kress revealed. “They just said they were in the afterlife, and then they were back alive.”

“My interrogations also gave me the same results.” Basil clenched his jaw in frustration. “I have no leads, and the Vigilance Force is unable to see anything regarding the origin of the mass revival of rebels.”

“It’s my first time seeing you look so upset about something.” Bon laughed as she crossed her arms.

“No, it isn’t.” Basil corrected her without delay.

“It is for me!” Stella excitedly waved her hand.

“Still incorrect.” Basil turned his gaze to her.

“What about me?” Kress wanted to get involved, too.

“You’ve seen me upset as well. I think you were only two at the time.” Basil thought back to Planet Yardrat. 

“Oh, I remember! When we didn’t know if Daddy was alive or not after facing Cooler!” Bon exclaimed.

Basil nodded as Stella and Kress tried thinking back to his actions during that time. “Anyway, back to the task at hand.” Basil regathered their attention. “Thanks to the androids, our work has been significantly cut down. This allows us a lot more freedom in how we should run the universe in our father’s absence.” Basil noted.

“Isn’t that you and Bon’s job?” Kress lazily pointed out.

“Right! You’re the oldest, and she wants to take Daddy’s place. Why can’t me and Kress do whatever we want?” Stella agreed with her baby brother.

“I suppose you two have been working diligently…” Basil thought back to the reports and footage of their scouters he watched. “I’ll allow some vacation time.” He decided.

“Yes!” Kress and Stella cheered together.

“Enjoy yourselves while you can.” Basil gave a faint smile. “You will have a lot of boring work when you return.”

“LOVE YOU BYE!” Stella grabbed onto Kress, and the two teleported away to who knows where.

“So, what now?” Bon turned to Basil.

“We are going to deal with something Father left behind. He would’ve dealt with it himself, but he’s dining right now.” Basil answered.

“I’m not interested if it won’t be fun,” Bon stated bluntly.

“Father did warn me not to let my guard down. So, it might be fun?” Basil shrugged as he ordered some soldiers to bring in the mysterious egg their Father got from Earth.

It was colored purple with bumps all over it. The soldier who brought it in had to carry it with two hands because it was so large. Both Basil and Bon could sense the being inside of the egg. However, it felt rather strange. A new kind of energy that they’ve never sensed before. For some reason, it felt like whatever creature inside this egg was multiple people combined into one!

5