Chapter 2: Living on the Desert Planet.
753 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Disclaimer: This is a work of fanfiction based on the Dragon Ball Z series, which is the property of Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation. I do not claim any ownership of the original characters, settings, or storylines. This work is not intended for commercial use and is solely for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and I am not affiliated with the creators or publishers of Dragon Ball Z in any way.


Turles floated above the sands of the desert planet in a meditation stance. Below him was a pack of snarling, vicious reptilian monsters eagerly jumping to take a bite out of him. He flew barely out of reach while floating down occasionally to bait them before rising back up. There was a sneer on his face as he teased the creatures. 

At one point, his tail was chomped down on by one of the monsters in a moment of carelessness and luck by the four-legged creatures. It crawled on top of one of its brethren and leaped into the air. Turles scowled as the creature hung in the air by latching on to his tail. It hurt, but it didn’t completely paralyze him as it would’ve some time ago. A purple glow formed in front of his palm as a beam shot through the lizard’s torso. It continued to bite down in defiance despite its shrinking life force.

“I hope it tasted good enough to die for,” Turles smirked as he flicked away the corpse below with his tail.

The other reptiles swarmed the corpse before it managed to touch the ground. They ripped it apart by jumping into the air and tearing off pieces of it. Turles gathered ki in his palm before letting it gently fall below to the feeding frenzy. He floated further away as the orb exploded. 

Covering his eyes with his hand from the fiercely blowing sand, Turles looked at the destruction with satisfaction. As a proud member of the Frieza Force, it was Turles’s job to exterminate the life of most of the creatures on this planet so that the organization could sell the planet to those that were interested in it. He could have probably gotten the job done the first night he was here by looking up at the full moon. But he had some things to accomplish before he returned to Lord Frieza’s army. 

He had a list of goals to finish before wiping out the life on the planet. The first thing was training his tail to get rid of that weakness. The second was learning to sense ki. That was easier than the first one since Saiyans were innately talented in ki usage. Most of them just didn’t learn how to sense ki because they had no idea it was possible. Plus, they gained a reliance on the scouter while working for Frieza. There was no reason even to try when the scouter could sense signs of life for them.

Now came the difficult goals… Getting a sense for fighting and gaining control over his Great Ape transformation. There were no healing pods, senzu beans, or even bandages if Turles got injured. He’d have to rely on his natural body recovery if he ever got hurt and would have to patiently wait till he was in good condition to begin fighting again. Turles wasn’t sure if he wanted to risk that here when he could risk it on Frieza’s ship, where there are healing pods in abundance, saibamen to train against, and other soldiers to fight against. It would be far more helpful for raising his combat ability by fighting other humanoids than mindless beasts. Now that he thought about it.

Turles supposed he could cross that sense for fighting off the list of goals. The only thing left he had to do was learn how to control his Great Ape transformation and learn how to use the power ball technique. A ten times multiplier in strength wasn’t something that could be looked down on even if he turned into a giant monkey. It wasn’t like his speed was reduced or anything. And even that giant monkey thing would be dealt with as well if he could learn how to channel the power of the Great Ape transformation without transforming like Broly did.

As Turles returned to his base at the oasis, he channeled a ball of ki above his palm. The key to creating a power ball was combining one’s ki with the planet’s atmosphere. Turles figured that since the life energy required for the spirit bomb was all around us, wouldn’t the atmosphere be similar? He didn’t exactly know what counted as an atmosphere or even the exact definition, but this universe wasn’t one that cared too much about the little details. He just had to merge his energy with this planet’s energy or something close to that.

“Damn it! What the hell? Is this not an exact replica of Toriyama’s creation, or am I the one that’s doing something wrong?” Turles was running low on energy, and the sun was setting.

The full moon was coming soon, but he was pissed about his constant failures to create a Power Ball. Turles had no clue if he had a strong enough willpower to resist the berserker rage of the Great Ape transformation, even as a transmigrator. But he wasn’t a coward that was too afraid to attempt it. Failure was the stepping stone to success, and if there was any saying better than that one for this universe, he didn’t know it. Failure was not something to be afraid of. The lack of determination to continue despite multiple failures was.

When the full moon hung far across the chilly desert planet, Turles gathered his nerves. Its bright light shining down on all inhabitants of the planet. Turles sat in a meditative pose. He repeated a mantra to try and keep his sense of self during his transformation.

“I am me, not a mindless monkey.”

“I am a proud Saiyan warrior, not a mindless monkey.”

“I am the future for this universe, not a mindless monkey.” Turles looked up.

Turles’s gaze locked in on the full moon. There was no looking away at this point. It was no longer up to him if he wanted to transform or not. Something was going to happen now that he was receiving blutz waves directly from the moon through the retinas in his eyes. Turles’s heart rate spiked in activity as the transformation took place.

The changes happened in mere seconds as his body began to grow. His hair rapidly grew all over his body, the fangs in his mouth grew longer, his pupils disappeared, his face began to elongate to that of a great ape, and the intense growth of the muscles and shifting of the bones caused him to give an animalistic roar that could be heard for miles.

Turles’s child-like body turned into that of a colossal monkey wearing Saiyan armor! Once fully grown to its full height, it began to beat on its chest in a rhythmic manner. The impact of its beating was loud enough to cause all nearby animals to flee in terror if the roar wasn’t enough before. Turles gave a menacing laugh as a purple beam of energy shot out of his mouth and cleaved the earth below in two.

This state lasted all night until the full moon descended from the sky. Turles went on a rampage across the desert planet, exterminating all forms of visible life without mercy or discrimination. He only came to as he was returning back to his normal form. Turles clutched his fist in shaking rage at his failure to control himself at all.

As he fell down in a giant pit of sand, completely exhausted, he let out a frustrated groan. Of course, a normal person like him couldn’t gain control over the Great Ape transformation for the first time. Even adult Saiyans, who probably transformed multiple times from the time they were children to adults, still couldn’t gain perfect control over their Great Ape forms. Turles had to remind himself that he was still just a low-class Saiyan child. He shouldn’t get conceited over his future potential. 

“I’m hungry.” He realized. 

It wasn’t enough that he mindlessly roamed across the planet, destroying things for the sake of destroying them. His stupid monkey form didn’t even bother to eat some of the monsters. Turles would be a little bit proud of his Great Ape self if it at least retained some of his sense but nope. It was just like any other mindless Great Ape right now. It only cared about destroying everything.

Turles could no longer resist the pull of sleep tugging on him after his exhausting detransformation. He fell asleep in the sand pit, with his stomach growling for anyone nearby to hear. A small defenseless child open to the elements and nature. Hours had passed with the child peacefully snoozing away under the blazing hot desert’s heat.

It was only when Turles felt a sharp pain on his leg that he awoke from his slumber. He shot up and looked at the assailant, trying to tear off his leg. A fierce scowl immediately formed on his face as he used his other foot to kick the horned bug-like monster. It flew away from the amount of force put in the kick and rolled across the sand. Turles looked at his bleeding leg with a bite mark and balled up his fist in anger.

The bug made some clicking noise, and soon Turles found himself surrounded by multiple beetle-like bugs the size of large dogs. They came rolling down into the sand pit, giving Turles little time to react to their ambush. Turles briefly thought about just flying up and killing them all with ki blasts, but he refused the thought. He was still pissed about his failure to control his Great Ape form and thought he might as well get a good morning workout beating these damn insects to death for daring to think that he would make a good meal.

It was ridiculous. His tiny body would barely be enough to feed even one of them. So why the hell were there dozens of them trying to eat him!? There should be monster corpses all over the place after his rampage last night. Regardless, they would all pay…

35