Chapter 8: Midnight
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I roll flat onto the ground when I was lying on the beanbags before. I snuggle my head on the beanbags, trying to make myself comfortable. The room has monotone turquoise stripes flowing through it. A cheap 'chandelier' hangs from the ceiling. Besides the beanbags, there are also whiteboards and a movie projector. In the corner are also tables that can be set up for pizza or to play board games on.

Alast, I am the only camper out here tonight. The other people, whom I also consider my colleagues, have already left the building. Leaving it deserted and quiet. I turn to look at the painting on the right. It is a Victorian-era depiction of class battles. It is fantastic. Now if only my assignment can be the same.

I sit upright and twiddle my pen. The stack of documents sit alone beside the beanbags. Struggling to keep my eyes open, i groggily grabbed a piece from the pile and studied it. Apparently we are suppose to research on this financier who is going to support the construction project. Normally this task will be left to the finance departments in big companies. But because we are a small outlet right of out downtown, I guess we have to do administrative duties like these ourselves too.

I look at the crinkly face on the document. A old maybe late sixties man stared back at me. The man's profile is stated clearly in the following paragraphs, along with his company and their industry. All of the rest of the miscellaneous information follows.

"Man, this is such a burden to complete. What is one department's job should stay as such!" I grimace, throwing a pillow to the other side of the room.

"If only I can split the assignment down to a quarter of the original length! I will be done by the end of this week." My complaining echoes in the cosy room while it dies after traveling a distance.

What's more there is the traveling distance that is the problem here. I have to get ready to travel down to their offices early tomorrow morning in order to audit some of their operations.

There is so little time left yet so much to do. I spread out the papers on the floor and analyse each one with intense focus. Besides the first page, the rest are just text strewn across pages. It read like a court document written by a lawyer.

I flip the documents around as I read them as they are double-sided. The ink from the documents do not smudge despite being fresh out of press, because they are printed from a laser printer. Another of the paper fly away due to the high wind from the air conditioners. I groan as it flys away but to no avail. I was too cosy in my current position to move. I decide to leave the paper alone until I needed it later on.

0