The Virgin’s Fated – Chapter Seven
296 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My first time outside of my room left me in awe. The bedroom I was in was one of three. Mine was in the center and to the left and right were two additional rooms. My siblings were waiting for me already. I was astonished at their appearance. They were identical to the image of myself I had seen in that mirror. I was at a loss to call out their names. We were triplets, but we could tell each other apart. Now on the other hand it was a different story. I had no inkling on who was who other than my identity. My thoughts were written on their faces too.

"May I introduce Laria De La Ysidro, Royal Princess..., Faria De La Ysidro, Crown Princess, and her majesty Aria De La Ysidro, High Princess!" an elder woman said. She was identical to Constance with a similar tone as hers.

"Ah yes, High Priestess Penelope De La Ysidro and current Chancellor. The lady next to her is High Priestess De La Ysidro and current Viceroy," Constance said.

"They have the same last name as me?" I said.

"Yes, we do, as we are the last royal's predecessor and sisters like you. The house of De La Ysidro is honored to receive you," Penelope said.

She was right, they were identical to each other. Except for their hair styles. Penelope had long waist length hair and Allysandra had long flowing hair. Knowing that didn't help me determine who was who. Laria took my thoughts right out of my head.

"So who is who?" Laria said.

"Oh, this is here Aasha Hollander," Allysandra pointed to Faria.

"And she is Dasha Hollander," Penelope pointed to Laria.

How they knew our names was beyond me. Must be some magic they used when this ritual Constance talked about happened. Then I remembered her saying something about scribing for me. Did it happen here as well? Was that required to bring us here? A simultaneous ritual. I wonder how the logistics in that worked if that was even the case.

"Figures, that must be Masha then," Faria said.

"Well, now that we've gotten that out of the way, shall we?" Constance said, leading the way.

Before I could say anything, my handmaidens were ushering me on. I noticed we all had handmaidens. They too wore the same hooded dress. These two massive and elegant large, towering arched doors opened up to a huge, long hallway. It was the most impressive sight that anyone could imagine. The floors were all white marble with long royal blue rugs extending down the entire way, both sides of the hallway had large arched windows. A vast castle seemed to surround the massive tower that we just left. It was the heart of this place. This was the only corridor that connected to the central tower. How was that possible? I saw two other doors, that would make three. Then I remembered there was a door in the room that my handmaiden went through. Maybe that was more than just a closet. We walked down the insanely long hall. It was well lit with lights on the ceiling and walls. I was surprised there was electricity. I half expected torches to line the walls. My now sisters were quiet like I was. They seemed to avert my gaze as we walked. If I had to guess, they both were uncomfortable about these new things. I was worried about them. We had yet to talk to each other or even let this new reality sink in. In fact, where was this place anyway? It couldn't be another world, could it? Another reality maybe? What...?

We walked for a long time before we came to the end of the hallway. Two doors like the one we passed through stood tall. The engraved crests on the walls matched the emblem in my room and the doors of my sisters. Constance knocked on the door and with a loud creek, it slowly opened. Four men pushed the towering door open. They wore medieval style armor. The blue, white and purple colors of their uniform were very stylish. Constance led the way once more. After another long period of walking and descending down several grand stair wells, we came to a chamber. It was huge with a domed ceiling. At the far end was a raised platform with stairs. Three huge heavy looking chairs sat in the center of the platform. As we approached, I realized there were three levels of stairs with flat breaks between them. To each side were smaller chairs at each level. I was beginning to get the picture. We were in a throne room. Constance stopped at the base of the stairs.

"You may each take your places atop the thrones of fate," Constance said.

I stood puzzled and unsure of what to do. She was telling me to take my place, yet I didn't feel it was my place or that I had the right to do such a thing. She looked at me and smiled, holding her hand out.

"It may seem overwhelming at first. But you have me as your sisters have mine. This is my duty and purpose. A fate that I will uphold with great honor and pride. It will take time to adjust. I know that we haven't explained everything in more detail, but these are troubling times. We need our rulers to take their place now more than ever. To wait another twenty thousand years would be far too late," she said.

I turned to the only two people I knew, yet did I know them. I didn't even know myself anymore. I took her hand, and she led me to the top of the platform. The chair in the middle was mine. Looking at it felt like the weight of more than one world sat on my shoulders.

"What did you mean, you couldn't wait?" I managed to ask.

"You were summoned here out of turn. In fact, we have been trying to summon our Royals for the last three hundred years. Our last rulers each died one by one with the last being three hundred years ago. You see our royals live for up to ten thousand years. The greater ones are even longer."

"We had no choice but to summon you. It took so long and was done at great cost to our kingdom," Penelope said.

"What does that mean? Why would you do that?" Aasha asked.

"We are on the cusp of another great war. The central kingdoms that our Kingdom of Sidra rules had suffered greatly the last thousand years. Three Great Wars have been fought and lost already. The only reason we still stand was due to our rulers," Allysander explained.

"Who are we at war with?" Dasha asked.

"Hmm a kingdom to our east and one to our south. Both are formidable enemies. Both have laid claim to our kingdom's throne and for the first time they have a legitimate right," Constance stated.

"Wait a minute. I thought that we were the heirs?" I said.

"Indeed, you are. But before you came, there was a vacancy that would not have been filled for twenty thousand years. The law states that our throne, the Kingdom of Sidra that rules the Central Kingdom, cannot go more than three hundred years without a Royal," said.

"And the time just ran out. Except now that you are here. Tradition and the law must be followed," Constance said.

"Then everything will be fine," I said.

"The envoy of both kingdoms will arrive soon. Once they have, they will want to meet with you...," Allysander said.

"What happens then?" the three of us said in unison. That made me feel better. It was something we were able to do. Saying the same thing in unison or finishing each other's sentences.

We were interrupted by a man who made an announcement.

"Members of the Royal court will assemble in five minutes. The envoys of the Eastern Kingdom of Byzantia, the Southern Kingdom of Retallia, and the Western Kingdom of Silveria will arrive in ten minutes," the man stated.

"We must hurry now, please take your place. Once the Royal court arrives, act as if you have been informed of your duties. If you are unsure how to answer, lift your hand or finger to either of my sisters and we will answer in your stead. Once the envoys arrive, do the same," Constance said.

There were people here to see us already? We barely had time to form a cohesive thought let alone settle into this world. Just a few hours ago, I thought I was a prisoner in some psycho's basement.

"We just got here!" I said, trying to hide my nervousness.

"I know, but the envoys left months ago. It is a miracle that you arrived when you did," Constance revealed.

"What are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Calm yourself, we will guide you in the matters," Penelope whispered.

It was like we'd been thrown off the deep end. No time to prepare or adjust. This was it, do or die time. I could only imagine what would happen if we failed or if we'd been a moment too late.

3