Chapter 27
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Johnoya was swimming downward as quickly as she was running down the stairs for the last 15 minutes. The dragon spoke to her as she descend.

"I've placed a barrier around you to protect you from the pressure of the water, swim as quickly as you can, I can sense her on our tail". Elijah stated.

Johnoya looked back and the mage's hand was forming  a circular ball of water as she  swam after her.

"Take the right here and swim upwards".  Elijah shouted just in time for the ball of pressure filled water to miss Johnoya.

"I am running out of air Elijah, I-I can't , am tired". Johnoya responded mentally to the dragon. Her acceleration slowing down. The girl chanced looking back again and saw Kieran on her heals face static and staring at her ,even beneath the water her eyes glowed brilliantly.

"She's going to kill me Elijah, I don't wanna die, please." Johnoya whispered to the dragon mentally, spots starting showing in her vision and bubbles filled with air left her nose.

"Just a little longer! Hold on!". The dragon shouted over the mental link.

"Use whatever strength you have left , just a little longer and we will be able to surface don't worry little dragon, I know exactly where we are." Elijah said softly.

A little over a minute later, Johnoya surfaced taking in a deep breath of air. She launched out of the water and landed on her side on the rocky surface breathing hard and coughing. The girl didn't get any time to rest because Kieran and the four men launched out of the water shortly after landing perfectly on the dark rock at the waters edge Infront of her.

Kieran's eyes glowing green, piercing and scary, she didn't make a move at first staring at her along with her men in a fighting stance. Johnoya's eyes a brilliant gold stared right back at her and at Kieran only. The girl slowly got up hands  front and raised as if to surrender.

Both voices mixed together, a deep feminine melody left Johnoya's lips. Elijah and Johnoya said in a rush.

"I mean you no harm, I need help please, I only ran because you attacked me. I remember you from the woods, I know a way out of here, let me help you."   hands still raised looking at Kieran and Kia only.

Kia was looking at the mage for thier next move ,the two guards just watched the girl on the rocks holding her hands up with plea of surrender.

Kieran walked to the girl, no change in expression, her right hand lit with a white glow.

"What are yo-". Johnoya was interrupted with A punch to the chin, her eyes rolled and the last thing she saw was the smile on the mage's lips.

"That's for letting me chase you , fucking lizard". Kieran stated allowing the light on her fist to take shape and float infornt of the group in an orb illuminating the area they were in.

"Miyel, sul. Scout this area and let us know what we were working with , Kia tie her up , we don't want any surprises ." Kieran said m

"I don't think that is a good idea, tying her up I mean, look at the glow below her scales, she did say she didn't mean any harm." Kia stated which surprised Kieran beyond measure.

"I believe when you first saw her in the woods you didn't feel that way. Now you sympathize with the lizard." Kieran said one eyebrow raised.

"I remember it clearly we lost good men that night. However, the way she looked at you , that wasn't hostile. Plus, she said she knew a way out of this cave. I am sober enough to see that the girl has been through a lot. Not only that, my gift isn't all powerful Like yours but I can't sense any flow the gift in this cave.What the hell is she wearing." Kia stooped down to inspect the girl.

Kieran side eyed the girl and she looked kinda beat up and tired. Now that the area they were in was illuminated she was able to see that the cave they were in was made up of only a black slimy looking type rock the ceiling was low water dripped from it. Another thing about this cave Kieran noticed, the air was warm.

she used her gift to search the area as she had done in the forest and got no feedback. She frown her brow and looked to Kia.

"Your right, I felt it in the water when I used my gift to propelle everyone and again when I fired at the lizard, this place has little to no magic. This means when we use our gift, there is no means to replenish yourself. don't use your gift got that. That's why I sent the others to scout, I can't map this place. We are on our own". The Mage stated . Looking mainly at Mitch.

Both men gave a firm nod. Kieran used her gift to dry all of them including Johnoya. "I am stronger I will be  fine." She said when Kia gave her a look.

"Mitch , go see what's taking so long with the others, it's been an hour". Kia said. However, the guard's stare was fixed on Kieran eyes dilated.

" soldier!". Kia shouted more forcefully.

"Ye-yes". He stuttered and walked away in the direction of the two men.

"You have to clam down, your pheromones are very strong, remember you are traveling with demi humans, they don't have mates". Kia stated looking at the water.

Kieran didn't say anything, her eyes were wide and she stared at Kia for a few seconds.

"How did yo-". Kieran tried to say chest squeezing tight she simply looked at the unconscious girl.

"It got confirmed a few nights ago when i got the vision of my mate's awakening. She was crying out for help. She was the one that showed me the entrance we used. I woke up like this that same night and did research . The dragon king's heir's only mated with mages of elves. Me being her mate forced me to transcend and grow elven traits. At least that's what the document said that I found. she was all I could think about back at the palace after she was stolen from me in the woods, I thought it was simply because our mission was incomplete but. It's not important, don't say anything the others th-, wait did you say that they are demi humans and not we?" Kieran finished.

"It's a long story " Kia replied looking at her smiling.

"Congratulations". He said , Kieran looked at Johnoya's face.

"I hate her." She said bearing her teeth. Her pheromones got even stronger

"You hate her so much you want to jump her bones huh." Kia said making a kissy face.
Kieran blushed all the way up to her now pointy ears.

Kia laughed hole heartly at the now blushing mage. In his mind he couldn't believe that the cold hearted mage strongest within the 13 regions would be smitten by an enemy.

"What a story". Kia whispered to himself looking back at the clear water.

2