Chapter 29
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Many years ago we were forced to surrender our people and our culture.  Forced with a decision that almost wiped us out, But not today , today we will be taking the first step of many in reclaiming not only our ways but our authority our power and rightful place. Lastly, we will be taking over revenge. I want you to go forth , chest held high, remember our ancestors, our king, our kingdom. Bring our victory home!". Amoya shouted to her army, loud and proud a smile that held no humor and anger filled eyes that shone brightly.

Borus, her friend, her first in command, stood there proud with his chest lifted and eyes firm.

Amoya turned to him hand placed on his chest. "Bring our victory home, no prisoners". Amoya stated . She pat his chest and moved away from the platform she had stood on.

Just like that, marching out of the iron city, and by air. The kingdom of scales started what will be a battle to remember.

In the same private room used to host meets the advisors of the kingdom being herself, the elder and her father gathered to discuss phase one of Thier attack.

"Based on the information we've gathered on the kingdom of Dalwin the king, Moltar is not a fool, we have seen movement within the capital reported by our spies. They are training men for war." Amoya's father stated. 

"That is fine , we will wear them down bit by bit and watch them cave in." The elder stated

"Yes that we will do. We are attacking outer cities and villages so that they can no longer recruit an replenish thier army nor get supplies. The day after tomorrow we will be sending another squad to destroy all supply routes to the capital , that same group will be performing a spell to poison the water , this way we can starve them out and make their soldiers weary." Amoya stated calmly as if she were speaking of the weather.

"Yes, that is a beautiful plan my daughter". Her father stated with a smile on his face.

Amoya simply rolled her eyes as she  dismissed them from the room, stating Phase one is simply testing what the enemy will do and how they can prepare going forward, then and only then they will be able to put together an even better strategy. 

______________________________

"You know , the sooner you accept me the faster your friends get to leave". Elijah stated staring at Kieran. Elijah had woken up Johnoya but the girl refused to emerge and stayed on the plain.

"We will find a way out of here and it will not involve mating, I might not be able to replenish my gift  but I am very strong, we rested for the night our bellies full. Now we move forward.however, we will be diving back into the water." Kieran smirked and looked at Johnoya's face into those glowing golden eyes.

"See I figured that this cave we are in now was simply an air pocket in this system of caves here, mapping the area in this cave was useless so I tried doing it in the water, though it was faint I was able to see , there are many caves and air pockets deep within. I know for a fact that one leads out of this hole." Kieran's smirked face turned into a grin.

"I'd like to see you idiots try and get out of here, just a heads up though, we are not the only living things down here." Elijah grin right back. "Pop into the wrong air pocket and it will be your last,I am the only way out, weather you like it or not." Elijah laughed.

The four men looked on with a deadpan expression,watching them go back and forth for what feels like hours. Kia groaned , sul gritted his teeth, Mitch simply watched on and Miyel, well he was fed up with them at this point.

"Oh come on!, It's bad enough that we are stuck down here, now we have to watch you two be children. Kieran, I expected better." Miyel stated.

"Fine!, We leave now I will lead us to the first pocket, remember though I am transporting everyone, you still need to be on guard. You heard the lizard , we are not alone." Kieran stated.

"I don't appreciate you calling me a lizard. I. Am. A. Dragon. A powerful being who's respected throughout the regions." Elijah stated cheeks red from the embarrassing name given. ' no manners this one' the dragon thought.

" I am so glad you voiced your opinion lizard because that is all you will be called from now on ". Kieran stated folding her arms under her chest, Elijah of course fumed about it and just like that they started bickering again.

Everyone groaned again loudly.

********************( - _  -)  a few hours later.

" Everyone took a large breath as they emerged from another pool , this time the cave they came into had red and caramel rocks it was beautiful and it smelled better than the last one.After they got their bearings together, Kieran was attempting to start a fire. 

" I really wouldn't do that if I were you." Elijah stated with no expression and lips tucked in.   

"Oh , what's going to happen if I don't listen to you." Kieran stated , the men just looking back and forth between them.

"Suit yourself, but don't ask me for help after you get that fire going." The dragon stated walking away from everyone.

"Where are you going lizard, your still our prisoner." Miyel shouted at Elijah's back.  

The girl slowly turned around her skin glowed. "Call me that again and your dead." Elijah voiced and walked away. Miyel paled and looked to Kieran.

"I don't think she likes me very much." He stated. Kia snorted and watched the dragon Walk further into the cave.

"Finally, I guess depending on where we pop up the atmosphere reacts differently to the gift. It took forever to start this fire. Ok gather around I wish to say something." Kieran stated 

" While we were moving through the water, some sections you could feel the gift , some bearly and other times none at all. Which means , once we get to a section where the gift is present we can replenish, so we have hope of not exhausting ourselves. I noticed that you guys literally have poor breathing techniques and so we will be spending some time here to help develop tha-" Kieran was interrupted by Sul paling and looking behind her pointing.

Kieran reacted quickly and turned around hand glowing. However,she had to look up, staring at her was a slug like creature eyes yellow and slit . 

"Oh heavens, Kia put out the fire, now." Kieran stated in a whisper,slowly backing up cold sweat rolling down her temples.

"Why, what kind of creature is that." Kia asked mirroring Kieran slowly approaching the fire.

"They are Vain Worms, they absorb magic, magical attacks are useless and physically attacks are nearly impossible seeing that that can also absorb you through Thier skin. Hurry up and put out the fire, that is the only way to offend them, with fire." Kieran explained.

The monster screeched opening it mouth revealing rows upon rows of sharp teeth.

Everyone blenched.

"Amed, I see you still like to terrorize meat sacks." Elijah said out of the blue standing right next to the thing. Everyone looked at the tall woman in disbelief. 

The monster made grumpy grumbling sounds that the olive skin girl seem to have understood. The girl laughed

" Oh no, this is little prince all grown up. Yes that is my mate there in the middle, yeah....yeah. look I told her not to light the fire and she still didn't  listen. Mates right you gotta love them. Yeah , yea. See you buddy you always made me look good. Elijah waved like a child to the monster taking it's time slidering away. It made absolutely no noise. ' unbelievable everyone thought.

The team stared with an unreadable expression. "What just happened?." Kia asked blinking.

0