Chapter 30
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"what exactly did you just do? How were you able to clam that creature?. Kia asked face straight brows frown.

"I am a Reincarnation, an old soul,  'That creature' is older than this very cave system you see here." Elijah voiced.

Everyone released a breath and sat near the water. Kieran used a bit of her gift to create a small orb filled with light to illuminate the area they were in.

"Dragon, tell us what you learnt from the time you were in the city." Kieran stated. 

"I already told you I know nothing, but all I can say  is the mage , the one that took me from you in the forest, she is strong. She thought my little one here how to harness her gift. All that was left was for me to be mated and unlock my gift. She tried, she failed and your here now." Elijah said smiling.

Kieran's eyes glowed looking at her.

______________________________________

Borus stood on the blackened earth staring at the bodies being burnt from the now fifth outer village that they have burnt to the ground. His eyes were hard and nose scrunch from the smell.

"Commander, we are about ready to send the report to the lady , please come to your tent so that we can finish composing the letter." A lieutenant said bowing slightly.

"It can wait". Borus replied softly.

"Sir I am sorry please repea-". The lieutenant was interrupted

"I SAID IT CAN WAIT!." Borus shouted breathing hard.

The lieutenant bowed even lower and left the burning site. Borus sighed, only elders women and children were in this village, no young men. Borus stood there for another hour then he turned around and left. "For our kingdom" he whispered teeth grinding together. -Once the report was finished it was teleported back to the kingdom, the lower level dragon kin lieutenant  that approached him had that ability. 

"That is all leave me." Borus ordered  er sat there a few minutes to ensure he was alone

Once he was alone he removed a device from his tunic that looked like a mirror, he whispered a few words and it lit up. On the other side was Amoya's face coming into view.

" I have received the reports, it is excellent, I believe peace had made them soft . These people on the outer territory are simply farmers." The mage stated with an ominous giggle.

"Yes , you are right, why not let them be and head to the inner regions where we will have a real fight, there are only old men women and children here this is not rig-." Borus  was interrupted.

"No! We continue the plan, though simply farmers now. Given a proper sword , they can become a problem, carry on Borus, remember this is for our kingdom. Amoya said. The  light in the mirror like device faded. 

Borus sighed placed the device back into his tunic and left his tent.

The next day they were all packed up and marching on to the first major city in the outer region the 5th village they left led to it. This city produced materials for clothing, armor ,bedding etc. Borus and the men do need supplies so this would be a perfect opportunity , they had stopped two miles away from the city in the lush of the green to hide. Scouts were sent to find a way in an hour ago they were all waiting for a reply. 

The bushes near Borus ruffled and one of the scouts came into view.

"This city is heavily guarded, the kins here are definitely not like the others we faced. However, based on my observation, The east gate is the easiest to penetrate that is were locals go in and out regularly." The scout said.

" Good work, we will wait on your comrade then we will move. Go to the chef get a hot meal." Borus stated 

Three hours after , the other scout came back nursing his rib bleeding heavily. 

A few men ran to help him they removed his face mask he coughed up blood gasping  "we have be discovered." He stated 

"Were you followed Borus asked." The man shook his head no, her instructed the men that held him up to bring him to the healer.

"Alright men, the east gate is our target, the men we have in the air , ensure we have a clear path, archers scout out the entire area Infront of us as we march ,kill on site. The  men that have recovered are with me, a battalion will remain here as back up. There are  three thousand of us. That is a large city, I cannot ensure your safety but kill as many of the bastards before you go down." Borus stated with evil grin on his face. 

The men shouted in agreement, the lieutenants in charge of each battalion spilt up, all three thousand lower level dragon kin spilt up as quickly as ants . The Archers on foot went out first speed unmatched , the fighters in the air hid in the crown of the trees . The battalion that will stay behind hid within the trees aswell. Borus and his men started marching on. Though it would be considered running . 

Not long after they  were at the east gate.  Throughout the green on the way they would occasional see dead bodies of the enemy and their men. The archers were doing a great job. Once they got to the gate , there was a battalion waiting for them there  looking to be around five hundred men against their one thousand.

"What business do lizards have within the 8th region." The head guard stated he was a low level demon kin. After the great war all races 'kins' were mixed.

"Says the traitorous demon, what the hell am I saying it is in you nature." Borus stated flashing the same evil grin.

"Let's see how you react when I slice that stupid grin off your face." The demon kin sneered. "Men! Leave no one alive. The demon stated.

"For our kingdom." Borus shouted 

What surprised the demon kin and his men were the metal arrows raining down on them from the green. That attack kill some of his men , most were quick to shield themselves. However, Borus gave them no time to recover and charged at them. As his name states , the black scaled dragon king with his large sword sliced through the enemy like a boar. Cries of their deaths were music to his ears, he was charging straight fo the commander of this battalion, he too was a bulky man and he too cut down Borus's men. That alone guaranteed his death.

Once upon each other both stopped and stared , smiling. Borus attacked first swinging his sword low, the demon smirked and lift his sword with both hands for a downward strike.

"You leave yourself open lizard!" He shouted going in for the kill. 

Borus still had the grin on his face, a sword was plunged through the chest of the demon from behind , a short dragon kin took the kill. Borus burts out laughing.

"Arrogant fool, swiftly men,we must breach that gate before night fall."

"Arrows!, More fighters of the enemy approach the gate!" 

"Barriers, quickly!" Borus shouted just in time to have an arrow shielded from his face.

The Archers hiding in the green shot back and they did not miss. Borus and his men pushed on arrows and swords . Once the gate was breached. He had seven hundred men left. They were spilt again into three groups, to kill those in the wall attached to the gate, another to kill civilians, and Borus's team were to kill the fighters . Overall only a handful of soliders were in this city. Though they were not farmers , they didn't have a great defence. 

Borus was worried. This was too easy. It was like these people were abandoned. Though alot of civilians were here , the amount to populate the city was not here. Something was wrong.

0