Chapter 31
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Commander!, Commander! We have trouble, you have to come take a look.". One of his men shouted pointing to a building they ran from. 

Borus followed him into the building, far into the back a story down. There was a dead enemy fighter beside what could be considered a tiny ritual circle. Borus squinted his eyes to take a good look at the markings stooping beside the body, being around Amoya he learned a lot especially with lost magic.

"This is a message Carrier , with the dying breath it carries a message to whoever you wish". Borus stated looking grim. " Tell the men to gather all the supplies we need we need to get away from this place a quickly as possible. The commander excited the building and gave the order to everyone else.

He looked to the darken sky, looked at his men running around." This doesn't feel great at all."

Once Borus and his men retreated and he was in his tent he removed the mirror device from his now grimy tunic. The commander didn't even check to see if he was alone he simply removed the mirror and whispered the needed words to activate the device,not long after Amoya came into view.

"Commander  I have not received a report to discuss why have you contacted me?" She stated

"Just listen! The advantage of surprise has been eliminated, a fighter was able send out a message, I do not know whom it was sent to. However, we will have to assume that it is to the capital. With what we have gathered the hardest fight will be the capital and even that could be a breeze once we recapture the dragon. We can move forward with the war , as commander I recommend it. The enemy is weak, many years of peace weakend them . Send the letter. 

Amoya's face was masked for a few moments.

"I agree." and the evil grin returned to her face. "I will let the elder know. While you were away though, my father made an attempt on my life. He was apprehended but he escaped, he was freed by his followers. Don't worry he will not be a problem. However, the city you captured, return there. I will be arriving there soon so that we can talk about other matters , if a fight does come to us , the men you have there will be enough for us to gather data, based on what we gather then and only then we send the letter and deploy our real forces. "Good work Borus. We will see each other soon."

Amoya disconnected and the commander simply sighed staring at the device. He knew from the beginning that these men were sacrificial puppets , for the kingdom he repeated in his head. Even when he was burning the bodies of innocent elders, women and children he repeated in his mind for the kingdom, knowing that it wasn't right what they were doing. Either way , if they tried to live peaceful , eventually greed of the knowledge they possess would be sought out and if not given willing, they will be forced to fight again. A never ending cycle of hatred and greed, with this battle they could bring peace ,one that they knew would last centuries.

"For our kingdom." Borus stated face hard eyes forward a new determination to see what they are about to do through.

______________________________

"Your highness, i-". One of the advisors that were left behind by Kieran was interrupted

"Yes I got the report, we have already sent a squadron out to to assist, 500 men strong. I suppose there will be no peace , inform the camp we have hidden to the city that this is war and by dawn we attack." The king stated eyes giving off a murderous aura.

The counseling members along with captains and the remaining advisors all felt a chill go down their spine. The king is known for being a monster, the civil war they fought to claim lands from bandits proved that. He fought in that war himself.

"First Commander, prepare a sky beast , we leave to the camp." The king stated 

"But your majes-". He was interrupted by the king

"That is an order.". Moltar stated

"Yes , My King." The first Commander stated.

_____________________________________________

"Are you absolutely sure that is what you saw?" The man asked

"Yes, I saw them enter the old birthing mines." I believe they are trying to infiltrate the city. What shall we do my lord , the mission to have your daughter killed failed and we had to flee the city."

"That was unfortunate that we failed but an opportunity has presented itself, we can use it to our advantage, for now we must lay low and observe. I still need you in the city, you are my eyes go , I'll be waiting." The man stated 

The man disappeared from the spot leaving a puff of smoke , the grin on the face of the man sitting at the small fancy table in the dark room grew wider . Amoya's father was sure this will turn into a disaster.

_____________________

"But child , you are the acting Monarch you cannot leave the city that is why we agreed to send Borus, a direct contact to the battle field. The other council men we have here are younglings and know nothing of running a nation, stay Amoya I am old , let someone else go." The elder pleaded with the mage.

"I can take care of myself." Amoya stated rather strong. She sighed turned to face the old man, walking a few steps to place a hand on his cheek.

"It is alright, I know you are afraid. Believe in me , as you did when we first arrived here and saw what remained of us. Look at what we have done, please believe in me." Amoya whispered the last part while placing her forehead against his."

The elder sighed and looked away turning his back to Amoya. "I know, you do not have to remind me. I helped you build it, but this is not safe you were almost killed for Haven's sake." Out of breath the elder argued.

"With or without your blessing, I am leaving, these fools may panic put you won't. Take care of things while I am gone. That is an order"

"As you wish." The elder repeated and left the private champers of the mage.

____________________________________________

It took a few hours but Borus and his men were back to the city and had already set up defense and offence tactics. 

"Very good men, with men like you on our side , what the hell in the heavens can stop us!" The Commander shouted. All his men cheered ,they praised him voicing their agreement and determination.

Borus settled in swiftly to a private office they had put together for him. '

resourceful' he thought smirking, pity they might all be gone soon.

0