Chapter 2: Obelisk blue
498 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I yawned slightly as I rubbed my eyes, several people were glaring at me and Jaden. “So what were those monsters you summoned especially that dragon” Jadens eyes were full of wonder. 

“I can’t tell you what my friends are but just know they have been my friends for a long time” I smiled as I opened my deck holder. “Here have a look” I handed Jaden my deck and he eagerly grabbed them, I also saw some others leaning over trying to get a peak at my cards. 

“Whoa I’ve never seen a card this colour” he had pulled out my Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon. “This thing has 3000 attack points” I could hear some others gasping.

“Yeah and its ability makes it extremely powerful.” I plucked the card from Jadens hand and held it carefully.

“When you duelled the examiner you did a small speech when you summoned that card why?” I smiled at him.

“All cards have value and all cards have a story I just made his story known”. I could hear some people scoff at my statement but Jaden patted me on the back.

“I feel that way too” I smiled at him as I looked out of the helicopter window I saw the place I would call home. 

“Attention all new students we will be landing at Duel Academy island shortly” I silently waited.

‘System can I claim my booster pack please’

Opening Junk Rises booster pack

1x Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra
2x Junk: Medical needle Mosquito 
1x Junk: Trashcan Gorilla 
3x Junk: Hex bolt Hedgehog
1x Junk Scraper 
1x Forgotten Junk: U-boat Kraken 

Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra

Junk: Medical Needle Mosquitoe

Junk: Trashcan Gorilla

Junk: Hex bolt Hedgehog

Junk Scraper

Forgotten Junk: U-boat Kraken

I smiled and thought of all the chaos my monster would cause at the academy. I felt the helicopter start to land and I felt kind of nervous. We were guided into a large waiting hall and were handed coloured jackets. ‘Urgh why did it have to be blue I hate blue’ I stood next to Jaden and Syrus and started to converse with them. I suddenly saw a screen light up and a bald man was on it ‘ah the principals speech great’ I saw Jaden start to snore ‘I should ask him what his secret technique is’.

30 minutes later 

I was nearly dead on my feet when the principal finished I felt someone tap my shoulder. A girl with long blonde hair and grey eyes faced me. “I’m here to show all the new Obelisk blue students to the dorm” she had a massive smile on her face. 

“Hey Jaden maybe we could meet up at lunch or something” I nervously chuckled.

“Hell yeah dude maybe I could duel you sometime” Jaden did a humongous smile as I shook his hand. I turned and saw Chazz sizing me up.

“Why is an Obelisk blue being friendly with a Slifer Red?” I heard the cockiness and sarcasm in his voice as he said this. 

“Do you have a problem, sorry I didn’t get your name Mr Bangs” I could see his face twist in disgust. 

“I’m Chazz and you better remember the name punk” I could hear some whispers and chuckles coming from the other students. ‘Looks like I made Chazz mad’ “You me in that ring now” ‘yeah definitely hurt his ego.’ I followed Chazz quietly before the girl grabbed Chazz sleeve.

“Were are you going Chazz with the newbie I need to show him the way to the Obelisk Blue dorm”. 

“I need to show this punk what happens when you make fun of Chazz Princeton, Alexis” 

“Chazz me the new students need to be shown the way to the dorms”

I patted her on the shoulder “I will kick kick his butt quickly then you can show me the way”. I followed Chazz and cracked my neck and knuckles several times on the way over to an arena like the one at the examiner test. “Well lets get this over with unlike you I actually have places to be and people to see” I chuckled slightly as I put my deck into the duel disk. A small crowd had formed in the rafters ‘looks like they want to see the new kid mop the floor with Chazz’ I smiled widely.

New mission Defeat Chazz Princeton or lose to Chazz Princeton.

Rewards for winning: Nightmare Starter Deck, +10 fame, -100 Relationship with Chazz Princeton.

Rewards for losing: 10 Junk Rises booster packs, +10 fame.

“I will go first new guy” I saw Chazz smirk as we both drew our five cards.

‘Great I drew two Junk: Trashcan Gorillas, Recycle, Junk: Lorry Rhino and Restoration.’

Junk: Trashcan Gorilla x2

Junk: Lorry Rhino

Recycle

Restoration

“You ready to lose new guy” I simply smiled at Chazz this just seemed to piss him off tho. “I’m going to wipe that smirk of your face , I summon Chthonian soldier in face up attack position”

Chthonian Soldier

His monster appeared on the field, sword at the ready.

“Next I play one card face down and end my turn your move newbie” I could hear ows and arhs coming from the rafters. 

“Lets see I first off activate my magic card Recycle this allows me to send two Junk monsters from my hand to the Graveyard then special summon one Junk monster from my deck thats level is the same or less then the combined levels of the Junk monsters sent to the Graveyard.” I placed my two Junk: Trashcan Gorillas into the slot at the side of my duel disk.

“I think I’ll send my two Junk: Trashcan Gorilla to the Graveyard to special summon from my deck another Junk: Trashcan Gorilla”  a large rusty sliver trashcan appeared onto the field before mechanical limbs shot out of the trashcan. A mechanical gorilla head with bright green eyes pushed upwards from were the lid was. The lid acted as some kind of hat like a sombrero, I heard some of the crowd laughing at my monster. 

“I then activate my magic card Restoration now I can target two cards in my GY that are level 5 or lower, banish 1 of them then I can special summon the other. So I banish one of my Junk: Trashcan Gorilla to special summon from the Graveyard another Junk: Trashcan Gorilla.” As I said this a small hole had formed on the field and out of the hole came another copy of the monster this one tho had blue eyes. 

“Get ready Chazz because now my Junk: Trashcan Gorilla is going to attack your Chthonian Soldier go Trashcan Lid frisbee”

Chthonian Soldier Atk 1200 ~ Junk: Trashcan Gorilla Atk 2000.

My monster took the lid off of its head before flinging it with tremendous force towards Chazz’s monster. I could see it slice straight through the soldiers sword then through him before he exploded into a cloud of pixels. “You’ve triggered the effect of my Chthonian Solider when he is destroyed we both take the damage not just me”. I could hear Chazz laughing as I saw a piece of the broken monster sword flying towards me, it struck my shoulder and I smiled.

3200 Chazz ~ 3200 Thomas

“Well lets see how your life points hold up to a direct attack Junk: Trashcan Gorilla attack Chazz’s life points directly” my monster got ready to punch Chazz.

“Not so fast I activate my Trap Negate Attack”

Negate Attack

“I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how this card works” I saw him smile as my monster quickly returned back to its normal stance. “It’s my turn now newbie I draw” I saw his face light up. “I activate the effect of the magic card Double Summon”

Double Summon

“This card lets me normal summon two times this turn, so I normal summon 2 Chthonian Soldiers, then I activate the Magic card Pot of Greed this card allows me to draw two cards.”

Pot of Greed

Chazz drew two cards ‘god now I know that card is banned’ “Your in for a world of hurt now I activate the magic card Monster Reborn”

Monster Reborn

“I use this card to special summon back from my Graveyard my third Chthonian Soldier, I then use the equip magic card Chthonian Alliance this card lets one of my monsters gain 800 attack points for each other copy of the equipped monster on the field”

Chthonian Alliance

I could see one of the Chthonian soldiers getting much bigger then the rest. “Now attack Chthonian Solider send that trashcan to the scrap heap” the soldier did an enormous jump before bringing his sword down. 

Chthonian Solider Atk 2800 ~ Junk: Trashcan Gorilla Atk 2000

“I activate the Effect of my Junk: Lorry Rhino when it’s in my hand when a monster tries to attack one of my Junk monster I can send him the Graveyard and my monster isn’t destroyed.” I quickly sent the card to the Graveyard and my gorilla started to glow just as the sword struck.

“So what you still take damage” he was right I felt a strong gust of wind hit me knocking me on my ass. “I end my turn, make your move quickly so I can finish you”.

3200 Chazz ~ 2400 Thomas 

I drew my card “I was trying to refrain from using this card but now I’m having to much fun, I XYZ using my 2 Junk: Trashcan Gorillas” I laughed maniacally as my two monsters turned into orbs of light that flew into a vortex on the floor of the arena. “Rise from the depths my dear friend and help me send my foes to Davy Jones Locker, I release you Forgotten Junk: U-boat Kraken” my monster didn’t appear on the field.

“Where is his monster”

“I don’t know but if it’s anything like that dragon I heard he summoned Chazz is in big trouble”

‘Ow they are so right Chazz has no Idea what lurks in the depths for him’ I started to laugh.

(A single giant eye glows beneath the arena)

9