Chapter 5: Mopping the floor with Bastion
328 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We both drew our hands 

Recycle x2

Junk: Medical needle Mosquito x2

Junk: Trashcan Gorilla

Junk Scraper

I smiled at the cards in my hand as I looked at Bastion he to had a smile on his face “may I go first Bastion?”.

“Please do then I know what I’m up against” I smiled at his answer.

“I first summon Junk: Medical needle Mosquito” a small buzzing could be heard as a small creature appeared. It had pink broken glass wings, a large pink abdomen that I assumed was the barrel and plunger. Its skull was made of worn out syringe hub with a long rusty needle jolting out of its face, I could see some dried blood on the needle. “I’m not done Bastion, next I activate the the Recycle magic card I send 2 Junk monsters from my hand to the GY then I can special summon 1 Junk monster from my deck that level is equal too or less than to the combined levels of the monsters I sent to the GY”. I sent Junk: Trashcan Gorilla  Junk: Medical needle Mosquito to the Graveyard and as I did a large machine appeared and and the two cards went in at the top.

I heard grinding, banging and sawing before a new shape emerged from the conveyor belt below. “Give a warm welcome to a second Junk: Medical needle mosquito” a second buzzing as the second mosquito started to beat its wings. ‘Hum this one is red instead of pink’ I heard more murmuring from the crowd that was in the lunch hall. “Next I activate their effects they can drain 500 of your life points every turn” as I said this they both flew towards Bastion and when they reached him, they jammed their needles into his dual disk. I saw their plunges pull back and their abdomens fill with a grey goo.

3000 Bastion ~ 4000 Thomas

“Next I activate their other affect by reducing their Attack points to zero I gain Life Points equal to the lost Attack points”. My mosquitoes flew towards my dual disk and landed on it the plungers started to push inwards and the grey goo was injected into my dual disk.

3000 Bastion ~ 5000 Thomas 

“Well that was impressive Thomas but you will need to do much more then that to best me”. 

“Well I place one card face down and end my turn, Can’t wait to see what you got Bastion” I saw him smile.

“Well I draw and I summon Vorse Raider in attack mode” A large humanoid monster emerged onto the field.

Vorse Raider

It snarled at me as it swung its blade menacingly. “Next I play the Magic card Foolish Burial”

Foolish Burial

“I send my Hyozanryu to the Graveyard”

Hyozanryu

“I then activate my Magic card Monster Reborn to bring back my Hyozanryu in Defence mode.”

Monster Reborn

‘Looks like Bastion isn’t pulling any punches’ I thought as a ginormous dragon emerged onto the field. “Next my Vorse Raider will attack your Junk: Medical needle Mosquito” his monster charged at my pink mosquito with its blade held high.

“Well I did come prepared I activate the Trap card Junk Scraper I only can activate this when my opponent targets one of my Junk monster for an attack it sends both monsters to the GY” a trash compacter emerged on the field and both my mosquito and Bastions Vorse Raider were dragged in by an invisible force. I could see the Vorse Raider trying to escape but my mosquito held him in place as the walls closed in and crushed both of them. “But this power has another effect it allows me to send up to 3 cards from my extra deck to the GY.” I placed 2 copies of Forgotten Junk: U-boat Kraken and a copy of Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon in the compartment that led to the GY.

“Well played but my turn isn’t over I place one card face down and end my turn”

“What do you think Bastion is going to do his Vorse Raider was destroyed”

“Yeah but he has Hyozanryu in defence mode with 2800 defence points it is one hell of an obstacle for Thomas to beat”

“Yeah he also has a face down so that could put a dent into Thomas plans”

(The minute you summon anything more powerful then my monster I will activate my trap Sakuretsu Armour)

Sakuretsu Armour

“Well I have wanted to use this card ever since I got here so here goes I activate the effect of my Junk: Trashcan Gorilla It allows me to change the levels of three XYZ monster in the GY as long as its in the GY so I change the levels of my 2 Forgotten Junk: U-boat krakens and the Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon to level eight” a cold wind blew the doors of the lunch hall wide open, the bang startled some of the onlookers.

“Your time has long since past ow Ancient weapons of siege, as time ticks on more and more people forget you, you who have been replaced with drones and missiles awaken from your long dormant sleep and show them why you were the pinnacle of ages past, I Necro XYZ summon rise now Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra”

Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra

A thin crack seemed to appear in the ground it grew larger and larger, it was accompanied by a ever growing booming sound. The crack grew and grew as I looked around I saw a variety of expressions then I looked at Bastion his hands were shaking slightly. The booming stoped the crack stopped growing, a foul stench started to take over the air, the stench of rotting and decay. An unholy scream came from the crack suddenly and the ground started to collapse in on itself disappearing into a murky abyss bellow. Something started to emerge from the crack I could see some of the bystanders trying to peer down the hole to get a better look. A single serpentine head arose from the hole it was made of broken pieces of wood and metal most of the wood was rotted and most of the metal was rusted.

It had two eyes that seemed to be made of blue the entire thing seemed to be held together by a lot of worn and frayed rope and a few batted animal skins. It looked around and glared at a few people before turning its gaze onto Bastions Hyozanryu. The Hyozanryu seemed to be shaking uncontrollably as if it could sense its impending demise. “Now my monster will attack your Hyozanryu”

(What is he doing that monster has Zero attack points is he attack to activate some card that can destroy my monster, or is he attacking to see if I use a trap so he can summon and attack with something stronger next turn, what should I do) 

Hyozanryu 2800 Defence ~ Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra 0000 Attack

The serpentine head shot towards the Hyozanryu and tried to clamp its mouth full of broken wood and rusty metal teeth on it. The Hyozanryu swiped at the heard that was trying to eat it, as the blow landed the serpentine head shattered into a shower of splinters and metal fragments. 

“Why did he do that now he is going to take 2800 damage even with that 1000 Life point boost his life points will be less then Bastions”.

“Ow did I forget to mention my monsters effect he can’t be destroyed by battle and any battle goes to my opponent instead of me”. As I said this the fragments of metal and wood floated in the air before flying towards Bastion. They hit him and made him fall onto one knee.

200 Bastion ~ 5000 Thomas 

“Seems like I made a miscalculation there” as he said this the two balls of blue fire that was the serpentine heads eyes floated high. The broken pieces of my monster started to reconstruct themselves until the head was fully repaired. 

“I will give you one more chance because I‘m having a lot of fun with this dual” I smiled at Bastion as my monster toward over his monster.

“Well then I draw” (What am I going to do if I attack his mosquito with Hyozanryu it will leave me vulnerable if he draws something that could destroy my trap and the card I drew I can’t play damn it). I saw Bastion place one card down on the field “your turn Thomas” I signed slightly as I drew another card.

‘I have my other two copies of Recycle in my hand so my only logical choice is to attack’. “I attack with my Ancient Forgotten Junk: Siege engine Hydra” my monster shot forward.

“Not so fast I activate my trap Sakuretsu Armour”

“I knew Bastion had a plan Thomas shouldn’t have gave him another turn”.

I smiled at Bastion “I activate the other effect of my monster if it would be destroyed by the effect of a spell, trap or monster effect I can use 1 XYZ material that effect is negated and the card is destroyed go Ballista bolt barrage.” My monster opened its mouth and a glowing orb entered it, there was a grinding sound as something seemed to move inside my monster neck. When it opened its mouth again there was a strange gleam, then with a thunderous crack several Ballista bolts shot out impaling the trap. As it exploded Bastion seemed to accept his fate as a shower of wood and metal hit him.

0000 Bastion ~ 5000 Thomas

The monsters disappeared and so did the hole in the floor but the stench remained. I walked over to Bastion and shook his hand “you were a worthy adversary”.

“Seems like I need to change my equation for beating you a bit.”

I laughed “well come find me again when you think you have that equation.” My stomach growled even more duelling really does work up an appetite.

8