Chapter 6: A fractured self
293 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I noticed I still had plenty of time for lunch after I wiped the floor with Bastion. He wasn’t a sore loser and kept his promise handing me a bag full of drawbread. I quickly looked for a table that was occupied but I couldn’t see any so I went for my next best option and that was a table that Jaden was sitting on. 

There were two over people sitting on the table who I assumed to be Syrus and Chumley. “Is there a free spot here” I saw Syrus looked at me skeptic of my intentions.

“Why would an Obelisk Blue want to sit with us Slifer Reds” Chumley glared at me as he said this.

“Chumley that isn’t nice he is the Obelisk I was talking about, here Thomas you can sit next to me”. I saw Jaden patted the seat next to him and I accepted. I got one of the drawbread out of the bag and unwrapped it. I took a bite out of it and almost immediately puked “you got the Grilled Tongue bread didn’t you” I heard Jaden laughing.

“Alright then you try” I pushed the bag full of Drawbread towards him.

“Alright” I saw Jaden thrust his hand into the bag and pull out a Drawbread. “Golden Eggwich come on Golden Eggwich” he unwrapped it and took a big bite. I saw his face go bright red and his eyes started to water he started to gasp Syrus quickly passed him a bottle of water and Jaden immediately downed it.

“What Bloody Drawbread did you get?” I asked him whilst patting him on the back. 

“I think that was the fabled Phantom Pepper Drawbread, I heard from some of the third years that those nearly killed the last guy that ate them” Syrus had chirped in just as Jaden stoped coughing.

“Want to try your luck Syrus?” I pushed the bag towards him. He seemed slightly hesitant “go ahead it’s not like I’m going to eat them all” as I said this Syrus seemed to muster the courage to plunge his hand into the bag. I saw him pull out a Drawbread and unwrap it as he took a bite I could see a thankful expression on his face.

After he finished his mouthful he breathed a large sigh of relief “I got the Sausage Sandwich Drawbread” my jaw dropped ‘wait there were actual edible flavours of Drawbread’ I was genuinely surprised. I started to share the remaining Drawbread with Jaden, Syrus, Chumley and myself.

Pov Mokuba Kaiba

I was sitting in my office when one of my employees burst in “Mr Mokuba Sir we have a serious problem.” 

“What is it?” My employee looked extremely nervous.

“It’s better if you see for yourself” I followed him into an elevator. I pressed in a combination on a keypad and a button was revealed. My employee pressed it and the elevator started to descend at a rapid pace. When the elevator stopped and its doors opened I was greeted by a blaring of red lights and noise.

“Mr Mokuba we have a major problem at Central Dual Academy”

“What’s wrong?” One of the men rushed up to me and showed me some data on a tablet. 

“We detected a massive anomaly way bigger then the one at the Kaiba Dome its like time and space ripped open for only a few minutes” I looked at the readings and looked at the people in the room.

“Prep a chopper I need to get to Central Academy as soon as possible and you” I turned to the man who had given me the tablet “alert my brother about this”.

Pov Thomas Falcone 

After lunch we had physical education with Fonda Fontaine “Hello everyone I’m Fonda Fontaine and I will be your Gym teacher for this semester”. Her smile was extremely big as she gazed at the students I already felt my body hating me. “Now you guys must be wondering why do you need physical education in a dual academy, well I’m here to tell you even if you become a pro dualist you shouldn’t neglect your body. Now everyone lets start by stretching our bodies”.

I felt my soul leaving my body as I tried to follow her example I noticed that only me and Jaden were the only males in the front row. I sighed at the stupidity of other men “hey Jaden where is Syrus?”.

“I don’t know maybe he took a wrong turn this is a big place” 

“Hum maybe”

“Now class lets get ready to run some track” Fonda’s smile just made my heart sink ‘I bet she enjoys touring us lucky bloody Syrus’.

Pov Syrus Truesdale

“Lousy girls gym they should make that sign bigger” I quickly rushed into the locker room and quickly opened my locker. “Hu those are Jadens shoes I guess he’s still borrowing my locker” I lifted his shoes out of my locker and something fell out. It was a letter “that’s not Jadens is it for me” I care picked it up and opened it.

“Ever since I saw you I’ve been in love with you” I gasped slightly before continuing to read the letter. “Meet me behind the girls dorm tonight endearingly Alexis Rhodes!” I stumbled and fell on my butt. ‘Does Alexis like me?’ Well I was good looking but I thought girls usually go for guys taller than them.

That Night Pov Thomas Falcone 

As I entered my room I collapsed onto my bed ‘Fuck my back is killing me why didn’t I give this guy a more sporty physique’. ‘System tell me about my Hidden self’ if I recalled my OC character correctly he did have a split personality called Edward that only came out when he seriously enjoyed a dual. Whilst Thomas was a kind and caring individual Edward was a dual maniac who enjoyed toying and dissecting his opponents decks. There were some physical differences between the two the most noticeable one was Thomas had silver hair and Edward had stark white hair and whilst Thomas had light Grey eyes, Edward had dark grey eyes.

Hidden Self can be activated at any time and allows the host to access his full powers. These include the power to create a special isolated space called an Abyss Singularity, the ability to collect soul fragments from defeated opponents, you are more durable and are stronger then most people and allows the host to erase memories from people.

Host OC character had a split personality called Edward that acted independently from Thomas, you don’t have to worry about that and as a bonus you get sweet badass clothes and a cool mask if you want it.

To activate and deactivate, host just needs to visualise the change.

‘That seems simple okay visualise the change’ I felt a strange energy fill my body. I started to visualise that my hair colour changed from silver to white and that my eye colour changed from a light grey to a dark grey. ‘What kind of badass clothes can I have’ as I said this my clothes started to be enveloped by a tar like substance. When the substance disappeared my pyjamas were replaced with a black leather oversized motorcycle jacket that had (MADE IN THE ABYSS) in big white letters on the back. The letters were above the image of a Jackdaw nesting on a skull. I wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of black combat boots. My hands were covered by a pair of black leather fingerless gloves. 

‘I look like I’m part of a motorcycle gang’ I sighed I did look kind of badass. ‘Lets see the mask then’ a black plague doctor mask with white markings appeared in my hand. It had a short beak and the lenses that I would have looked out off were tinted so I could see out of them but no one could see my eyes. It reminded me of those tinted car windows. I noticed the white markings on the mask resembled a birds skull. As I put the mask on I figured out that it had a voice changer in it to disguise my voice when I spoke. 

I opened the window and gazed out of it ‘lets hope this increased durability helps me not break my legs’ I jumped put of the window and landed with a loud thud. I winced in pain ‘motherfucker that hurts’ the pain was about that of stubbing my toe ‘now to the lake. I looked around ‘now which direction is the lake’ I scratched my head slightly.

I walked aimlessly until I heard voices “well to make a long story short I’m basically a big loser” ‘that sounds like Syrus’ I ran towards the voices until I could see Jaden, Syrus, Alexis, Jasmine and Mindy talking. ‘Well it’s time I make myself known I walked towards them drawing the attention of them all.

“Who is he?” I saw Mindy ask Alexis before turning back to me.

“I’m” I tried think of a cool but mysterious name “I’m Nexus”. 

“Nexus what are you some kind of cheesy biker” I heard Jaden laugh.

“Why are you here?” I heard Alexis ask me as she and the other two girls take a few step back.

“I’m here to dual you Alexis”

“And why would I do that”

“Well if you don’t want to know about your brothers current whereabouts” I shrugged my shoulders and turned to leave.

“Alexis has a brother did you know that Jaden?”

“No I didn’t Sy”

“What do you know about my brother?” I heard Alexis ask me as I turned back around I saw some tears forming in her eyes. 

“If you win the dual I will tell you everything you want to know”

“And if she loses?” I heard Jaden ask putting himself in front of Alexis.

“We will burn that bridge when we cross it, do we have a deal?” Alexis nodded and walked towards me and activated her dual disk. ‘Wait damn I forgot my dual disk’ my Nightmare deck was in my pocket but I didn’t have a dual disk. As Alexis looked on at me a black shadow silhouette started to appear in front of me. It was a scythe as I took hold of it, it became solid the scythe had a silver pole and a black blade. The blade had silver markings along its surface they were in the shape of rectangles. As I slammed it into the ground the blade collapsed and went on its side.

The blade lowered to a comfortable position and two compartments opened up at the flat edge of the blade.  “I would prefer this dual to be at a more private setting” I raised my right hand up “Abyss Singularity!”. The ground beneath me turned pitch black and shot outwards envelop a large area. Alexis seemed unable to move her feet whilst she stood on the black ground. A dome cut us off from the outside world it was very bright on the inside.

I could see Alexis shaking slightly as I slotted my deck into closes slot my scythe lit up and automatically shuffled my deck. “You can go first Alexis” I said in a distorted voice.

“Fine then lets dual” I could hear the fear in her voice and I smiled under my mask. 

6