Ch. 9 – Paddy
381 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paddy

Since it had been a few days, they stopped at the bathhouse, before heading back to the inn. After a quick dinner, they headed back to their room.

Inside, they sat at the table.

Mibu had a serious look on her face. “Okay, I'm ready to talk.”

Well, at least she remembered... “Mibu...”

Mibu continued to stare intently.

Now I just feel awkward. “...I just want to make it clear, we don't have to get another harem member.”

Mibu seemed confused. “Don't you want too, though?”

“Well...yes...but I think we need to prioritize combat potential first. We also have to consider the price. I don't think taking another loan is a good idea. I don't even know if they'd let me...”

Mibu seemed a bit down. “But...”

Kris shook his head. “If they are, great, if not...there's plenty of time in the future.”

Mibu nodded to show she understood.

“To be honest, I'm pretty happy with just you right now...” Kris said slyly.

However, Mibu was incredulous. “What do you mean!? I thought you wanted a whole pack of beautiful girls!?”

Kris shook his head, Isn't this backwards!? “I do, I'm just saying I'm enjoying my time with you.”

Mibu blushed and nodded. She also signaled the conversation was over by taking off her shirt and going over to sit in Kris's lap.

Wrapping his arms around her as they made out, he unhooked her bra, switching to delicately licking her nipples as she let out cute moans.

Picking her up, he sat her on the bed, causing Mibu to giggle.

Finishing the rest of their undressing, Mibu sat in his lap again, sliding herself down onto his erect shaft.

As she pushed herself up and down, Kris gently squeezed her tail, causing her to blush and go faster.

Watching Mibu's breasts bouncing in front of him, Kris came quickly, squeezing Mibu as he thrusted up into her.

Delicately kissing again as they laid down, Mibu smiled, “Thank you so much.”

Kris shook his head, giving a wry smile “You don't need to thank me for this, that feels weird...”

Mibu thought for a moment, then shook her head, “I meant for buying me.”

Kris sighed, “That still feels weird...”

Mibu thought some more, “Okay, thank you for being together with me.”

Kris chuckled a bit, “That's fine.” I really need to do something about this soon...

The next morning, after getting dressed and grabbing breakfast, they took their money and headed towards the slave merchant to find Colby. Luckily, he was sleeping in the exact same alley as always.

Remembering last time, he shook his coinpurse as he walked up to him. “Colby...”

Colby instantly jolted up, “Wuh...oh, it's you! Heya...” he paused, looking at Mibu, who had dressed in her maid outfit for the occasion. “I see you're enjoying your purchase.”

Kris gave an awkward laugh as Mibu did a slight bow. “Uh...yeah, I was actually thinking of getting another, but-”

Colby cut him off as he stood up, ushering them inside, “Of course! Come in, come in...”

Following him in, Kris tried explaining again, “I have a price ceiling this time.”

Colby stopped, turning around. “Can't you get another loan?”

Kris shook his head, “I'm still paying off the first one. We wanted to get another combat slave though, for harder missions. Specifically a front-line fighter.”

Colby nodded, understanding the situation. “Gotcha. So, what's your ceiling then?”

Kris grimaced, “Twenty silver is the absolute max, preferably less though...”

Colby thought for a moment. “Well, we definitely have them...but most at that price point aren't going to make an immediate impact on purchase. What rank are ya?”

“We're Copper-Rank now,” Kris asserted.

Colby thought some more. “Well, I do have one, but...”

Kris raised an eyebrow. “What's wrong?”

Colby shrugged, “Well, you might have to train her up a bit...” Motioning to follow him, they went walking through the maze of cages, until they stopped outside one in a corner.

Inside was a large woman. She was easily over two meters tall, with thick legs and arms, a bit flabby in the midsection, and enormous breasts. Based on her size, as well as the ears and tail, he was assuming she was a bearkin.

She was also crying lightly.

“Paddy, come show your status screen.”

Paddy slowly stood up, the bed un-sagging as she got off it, wiping her eyes.

Why is she crying!? Err, I guess she is cooped up in a slave merchant cage...shaking his head, Kris looked through her status screen. She's level 6 in Iron Armor, that's not bad...she also has ax skill at...level 0!? She's been in that much combat but never hit anything!?

Kris showed Mibu, who shrugged.

“So, how much is she?” Kris asked.

Colby raised an eyebrow. “You're interested?”

“Well...what's the story with the levels?” Kris asked, taking the bait.

Colby looked at Paddy, who only looked down and away. Shaking his head, he explained, “We've sold her three times now, but they keep bringing her back. Normally bearkin make great combat slaves, 'cause they're big and strong, but Paddy here gets scared every time she's in a fight.”

Paddy started tearing up a bit.

“So she gets hit but is too scared to fight back. Luckily, she can take quite a few hits with her armor, but she ain't do much else.”

Ugh...I feel bad, but she isn't going to be much help then. We need someone who can, well...fight.

Mibu tugged at his side, motioning to drop back a bit.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“Do you like her?” she asked, serious look on her face.

Kris rocked his head back and forth slowly, “I feel bad, but if she doesn't want to fight...”

“No, I mean, do you want to add her to our pack?” Mibu asked, still looking serious.

Kris facepalmed. “I don't-” he started, but stopped looking at Paddy. She's...actually... Kris blushed a bit. I can't say I don't. She's kinda big, and taller than most girls, but... However, he shook his head. “She's attractive, but like I said we need someone who can fight.”

Mibu nodded vigorously. “She probably just needs a nice owner like you. I bet her old ones were mean to her. If we help her she'll probably be a good addition in combat,” she explained, giving her trademark fist pump.

Kris thought for a moment.

Seeing he was almost sold, Mibu continued, “Her breasts are really big too! I know you'll be able to play-”

“Stopstopstop...” Kris cut her off. “You can't just switch from the combat stuff back to-” he shook his head, before turning around back to Colby. “Alright, how much?”

Colby smirked, “Ten silver, since we're trying to free up the cage. She also comes with a set of iron armor and ax.”

“Okay, I'll take her,” Kris asserted.

Paddy looked at him, rubbing her face. “Re-really?”

Before Kris could say anything, Mibu walked up. “Hi Paddy, I'm Mibu,” she said, flashing her slave crest.

Paddy gave a weak smile at being greeted. “H-hi...”

Mibu continued, “Master Kris is very nice. I'm sure you'll like him.”

Paddy's eyes flitted between her and Kris, not sure what to think.

Colby slapped Kris on the shoulder, “Well, I'll get her ready and talk with da boss. Come back in in a few and we'll have the paperwork sorted.”

As they were waiting outside, Kris and Mibu were strategizing.

“Since you seemed convinced, do you have plan to help her?” Kris asked.

Mibu nodded, “We just need to take an easy goblin mission and...throw her at it!” she finished, punching the air.

Kris shook his head. “But she's never even hit anything...”

Mibu shook her head, punching the air at goblin height, “Goblins aren't that scary.”

Kris didn't know how to respond.

Saving him from thinking of a response, Colby opened the door. “She's ready.” He took them in again, through to the slave merchant's office.

“Hoho, I'm glad to see a repeat customer. Your previous purchase must be suiting you nicely?”

“Haha, yeah...” he replied, forcing a laugh.

Mibu smiled and bowed.

The slave merchant continued, “Just a few reminders on this one, if you return in a week, we'll give you thirty percent back. Unless you consummate the purchase, then we won't accept a return.”

Kris took a moment to get what he was meaning. Once he realized, he winced a bit. I'm not going to return her regardless. He decided to just nod and took out ten silver to slide across (Colby had just received his commission and was leaving).

“Paddy, come in,” he said, raising his voice a bit.

The door opened, and a fully iron-clad Paddy walked in. She would have made a formidable sight, if the tear-ridden face of a cute bearkin girl wasn't sticking out of it.

The slave merchant pricked his thumb, stamping the contract.

Kris followed suit, finally getting used to doing this procedure.

Mibu took off her gauntlet and went to prick herself, but her hands were shaking. The slave merchant grabbed and pricked it quickly, just as Corinne normally did, getting Paddy's stamp.

Giving Kris a grin, “Thank you again for your purchase. Let us know when you need another.”

Walking outside, Mibu and Kris turned to look at Paddy.

She looked between them, before squirming and looking down, embarrassed.

Kris whispered to Mibu, “What should we do? We can't take her out like this.”

Mibu frowned. “Maybe we should talk to her for a bit. You sat me down to talk when you first bought me...”

Kris nodded, remembering, “That's because I was broke though...”

Mibu nodded, “We're almost broke again now!” she said, giving a fist pump.

“Don't fist pump that!” Kris replied, shaking his head. Looking at Paddy, she still seemed nervous. What should we do? Just jumping into it seems like a bad idea...

He looked at Mibu again, before having a realization. “Paddy...do you like steaks?”

Mibu's tail started wagging, as she nodded at Paddy.

Paddy looked looked between them, before replying, “Y-yes...”

As they started walking towards the steakhouse, Mibu hung back and talked to Paddy, who had a slow plod to her step, clanking in her armor.

“First off, Kris...Master Kris doesn't like being called Master, just Kris.”

Paddy seemed slightly confused, but nodded.

“Also, you can just talk to him whenever, you don't have to ask permission.”

Paddy nodded again.

“Hmm, what else...oh, I said this already, but we're almost broke!”

Kris turned and looked back at her, sighing and shaking his head.

Mibu lowered her voice, “He had take out a loan to buy me, so money is tight.”

Paddy's demeanor changed a bit hearing this, now curious. “Really? He took out a loan?”

Mibu smiled and crossed her arms, giving a haughty laugh. “Yup! Look at this.” She pulled up her status screen, showing Paddy her level 4 Healing skill.

“Ohhh...” Paddy said, nodding in understanding.

“Plus he thought I was cute...” she added, blushing a bit and looking at the back of his head.

Paddy blushed a bit again. “You're very cute Mibu. Not like me...”

Mibu shook her head. “That's not true. Kris said-” Hmm...maybe we should talk about that later, she realized. I don't wanna make her nervous before dinner.

Reaching the steakhouse, they were greeted by the dogkin owner. “Hello again, good to-” he stopped as Paddy followed in behind them, armor clanking as she stopped. “Nice to meet you.”

Paddy just squirmed a bit, giving a slight nod.

The owner took them to a bigger table than normal. Kris and Mibu sat on one side together, giving Paddy her own.

This feels like we're interrogating her now...

Luckily, the owner's wife came out, bringing the crackers and peanut butter-esque dip as usual. Giving Paddy a warm smile, she asked, “How would you like your steaks?”

“The usual!” Mibu excitedly replied.

“Usual.” Kris nodded.

Paddy blushed a bit, before replying, “Um...usual...”

The woman looked at her for a moment, blinking a couple times, before nodding and writing something down.

How does she know what Paddy's 'usual' is!? And why did Paddy say usual, too, anyways!?Shaking his head, he watched as Paddy nibbled on a cracker and dip. Well, may as well get into it...

“Paddy...do you not like fighting?”

Paddy gulped her cracker she was chewing on, before looking at the table. “I...” she started before pausing.

Mibu, through a mouthful of crackers, said, “Ifs ogay, tafe your tie.”

Paddy nodded, before continuing, “It's...it's not that I don't want to fight. I just get...scared.”

Kris and Mibu looked at each other. “Scared!?” Kris asked.

Paddy nodded. “When the enemy comes at me, I get scared and close my eyes, so I can't hit anything. I'm useless...” she said, starting to bawl up again.

Kris and Mibu tried to comfort her. “No, no, you're not useless,” Kris said.

Mibu nodded, “Yeah, you got a bunch of armor levels, so you're a brave fighter.”

Paddy shook her head. “No, I...” she trailed off, looking into the distance.

Kris tried to figure out what their course of action should be. Is she really that useless? I feel like even if she's scared, she'd still be able to help, if she isn't running or anything...I guess we'll just need to see.

While he was mulling things over, the dogkin woman brought their steaks out.

Luckily, this seemed to distract Paddy from her forlorn mood, and she started eating her steak after seeing Mibu tear into hers. Her eyes went wide as she chomped on her own, greedily gobbling it up as fast as Mibu was.

After paying for their meal, they headed over to the Guild Hall to sign Paddy up. Walking up to Corinne, she looked up at them, only to fix her eyes on Paddy instead.

After a few moments, she said, “Paddy, correct? Do you have your card?”

Paddy was taken aback, before nodding, and pulling out a Wood-Rank Guild card.

Oh, I guess if she had been purchased before, she would already be signed up...

Corinne took her card and walking to the back, returning a minute later and handing it back to to her. “I've registered her under 'Kris's Party'. Do you need anything else?”

Kris shook his head. “No, thanks as always.”

Corinne smiled and nodded before returning to her work.

The now three-member strong party went over to the Wood-Rank board.

Mibu whispered to him, “Why are we getting a Wood-Rank request? Do you just want to kill some goblins again?”

Kris rolled his eyes. Actually... Kris whispered back, “Yes, I have an idea.” Finding a simple goblin killing request for sixty coppers, he grabbed and put into his status. Turning to Paddy, he said, “Alright, I wanna see what you can do.”

Paddy fidgeted nervously.

Mibu gave her a fist pump, “Don't worry, we'll be there too!”

Paddy gave her a weak smile and nodded.

Heading our to the spot, Kris thought the scenery looked familiar. As they drew closer, it turned out to be the same old farmer he had done his first request for.

“Haha, good to see you again young man. Bit bigger party now, eh?” he said with a toothy grin.

Kris gave a awkward smile, “Haha, yeah...anyway, where's the goblin at? Same spot?”

The old man nodded, “If you would...”

The party headed over to the small area of trees near the farm field. As they neared, Kris turned to Mibu, who was sniffing. “I only smell one.”

Kris nodded before turning to Paddy. He had decided to take the supportive attitude Mibu had been showing as well. “Alright, you got this Paddy.”

Mibu nodded vigorously in agreement.

Paddy seemed nervous, but looking in between them, she nodded and walk into the forest.

The other two followed a bit behind her. Eventually, they could see a goblin, who was busy sharpening a crude knife.

Before Kris could tell her, Paddy ran, armor clinking towards the goblin, yelling what he presumed was meant to be a roar but was way too cute to be intimidating.

The goblin was also not intimidated, jumping up and pointing his knife at Paddy.

At this, Paddy stopped charging, holding up the ax in front of her to protect herself.

Kris and Mibu looked at each other dumbfounded.

Paddy, you're like twice the size of that goblin! Acting quickly, he cast Scorch and seared a hole through the goblin before it could reach Paddy.

Mibu ran over to Paddy, who had fallen to her knees. “Are you okay?”

Paddy was crying softly, looking at the ground.

While Mibu consoled her, Kris went to the farmer and had him complete the request. When he turned to head back, Mibu and Paddy were heading towards him, Paddy still with her head down.

“I'm sorry...” she murmured as they met back up.

Kris shook his head. “It's okay, you did warn us...”

“I'm sorry you wasted your money on me...” she said, starting to cry again.

Mibu patted her on the back, clanking her armor. “It's okay, we're not upset,” she said, looking at Kris.

“Ye-yeah...” Kris responded. I'm not good with stuff like this. Why is she so scared of anything coming at her?

After calming Paddy down, they headed back to town. By this time, it was getting late and dusk was nearing.

“Kris, let's go to the bath,” Mibu suggested.

Kris raised an eyebrow. “Really? I mean, we didn't really get-”

Mibu leaned in and whispered, “I wanna talk with Paddy.”

Kris nodded. “Okay, let's go.”

Paddy seemed confused. “Um...”

They both turned to look at Paddy.

“I...aren't you going to return me?”

Kris and Mibu turned to look at each other. “No...why would we return you?” Kris asked.

Paddy seemed even more confused. “I...I'm useless, so-”

Mibu shook her head. “No you're not!”

“Yeah. You just, um...need to not be scared.”

Paddy hung her head again. “I know, but when they come at me, I...”

Not this again.

Luckily Mibu quickly grabbed her hand. “Let's go take a bath, that will help!”

Kris wasn't sure how a bath would help her confidence, but nodded anyway as they headed into the bathhouse.

Mibu pulled Paddy into the changing room. Helping her take her armor off, Mibu was a bit in awe of her as Paddy's large breasts sagged out. Sheesh, just one is the size of my head. That's a bearkin for you. Mibu tore her eyes away and inspected the rest of Paddy. She was slightly chubby in the thighs, stomach, and arms. Not a ton, but not what you would expect from an Adventurer.

Paddy blushed, “What's wrong?”

Mibu shook her head, “Nothing, let's go!” and pushed Paddy into the bath.

Having her sit on a stool, it creaked slightly under Paddy's weight.

Normally she would kneel if she was washing Misty's hair, but Paddy was so tall Mibu had to stay standing to wash properly.

While Mibu was trying to think of what to say, she was surprised when Paddy started talking instead.

“Um...why didn't master return me?” she asked.

“It's not 'master', he just likes to be called Kris,” Mibu explained again.

“S-sorry...why did... Kris...not return me?” Paddy asked again.

Mibu thought for a moment. Is it because he wants to have her as a mate too? No, he was very adamant that was secondary. So he must think she'll be useful in combat. “He wanted someone big and strong to help us in combat, so he's not going to give up on you that easily,” she paused for a moment, before adding, “Also, we don't have a lot of money, so we probably couldn't afford anyone else.”

Paddy gave a wry smile. “Yeah...my previous owners were really upset when they returned me...” she trailed off, looking down again.

Mibu stopped washing, then walked around, giving her a hug, “Don't worry, we're not going to return you. If Kris tries, I'll...beat him up!”

Paddy was surprised at first, but then teared up a bit, hugging Mibu back.

After a minute, Mibu let go. Looking Paddy in the eye, she explained, “Kris would never do something like that. He-...” Mibu thought about explaining Kris's plan, but decided now wasn't a good moment. “He treats me really well. In fact, I'll also beat him up if he's ever mean to you!” Mibu said, giving a fist pump.

Paddy gave a giggle and smiled, “Thanks, Mibu.”

Mibu was taken aback for a moment, before smiling back. There we go!

Finishing washing Paddy, they switched roles, and then hopped in the bath together.

Kris was walking back to the inn, having cut his bath short when he had a realization. The room isn't big enough.

Reaching the inn, he stopped to talk to John.

“Hey Kris, what's up? You still got a few days before you need to pay again.”

Kris shook his head, “Actually, I was hoping to upgrade to a bigger room. We got another...party member.”

John gave a sly smile and nodded. “Well well...we have double rooms available. It's double the price, but it has two beds, as well as a small kitchen and living area.”

Kris nodded, “Yeah, that would be great.” Hopefully we keep making more so the cost shouldn't be too much of an issue. Sliding the money over, he received two keys in return. “Actually, can you give this to Mibu when she comes back?”

Jon nodded, taking one back as Kris left.

Heading up to the bar, he grabbed three drinks.

“Oh, you got another?” Frieda asked.

Kris nodded, “Yeah, Mibu really wanted to get another member...”

Frieda laughed, “Haha, that girl has you around her finger, doesn't she?”

Kris blushed, Yeah, she sorta does...

After grabbing their scant belongings from their old room, he went to the new room, where he sat the drinks down, before looking around. The entrance had a small bar for food prep, and beyond that was two small couches with a table between. There was two smaller rooms on each side that had a bed and a desk in each.

Kris sat down on one of the couches, sipping on a beer, going back to thinking about their situation with Paddy. Do we just need to keep trying? She might get less scared eventually. Or we could try something else...

After a while, the door opened, Mibu and Paddy entering.

Mibu sat down, sidling up next to Kris and grabbing a beer.

Paddy sat down across from them, sagging the couch a bit. “Um...” she bowed a bit, “I'm sorry, I'll try my best tomorrow.”

Kris's eyes widened a bit. He look at Mibu, who was nodding, then back at Paddy. “Thanks, I'm counting on you.”

They drank while chatting for a bit (mostly Mibu and Kris talking, while Paddy nodded along). After a while, Paddy let out a big yawn.

“Yeah, I think it's time to get some sleep, we'll be back at the requests tomorrow,” Kris asserted.

Paddy nodded. “Um...are the beds big enough? I'm worried I might roll over Mibu.”

Kris took a second to register what she meant, before blushing, “I-”

“Kris and I sleep together, so you can have the other bed to yourself!” Mibu asserted, grabbing Kris's arm and smashing her breasts into him.

Paddy looked between them for a moment, before suddenly realizing the situation and blushing heavily. “O-oh, sorry, I didn't...”

Mibu shook her head. “You can-”

Kris put his hand over her mouth. “Don't worry about it, like she said you can have the other to yourself.”

Paddy seemed confused, but nodded, “O-okay, thanks,” she gave a small bow and then headed over to the other room, quietly closing the door.

Mibu took his hand off, “Don't you want her to join us!?”

Kris shook his head, “I...I don't want to pressure her. She just joined the party today, I'm sure she's tired.”

Mibu thought for a moment before nodding, “Okay, I'll bring it up with her later.”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Let's just go to bed.”

Mibu nodded vigorously, pulling Kris to the bed, before taking his clothes off.

“Mibu hold on! We at least need to close the door...” Kris stopped her, turning around and walking over to close it.

Mibu grabbed him again, finishing their undressing quickly as she jumped on top of him.

Moaning as she stuck his shaft in, Kris said “Shhh, we don't want to bother Paddy...”

“But I...” Kris pulled her down and kissed her, before thrusting up into her more quickly, her moans now suppressed by his lips.

After finishing, Mibu laid on top of him, breathing heavily. “Being mates with you...is...the best...” she got out.

Kris smiled, wrapping his arms around her as she nuzzled into his chest.

16