Ch. 25 – Taking a Break for Dates
566 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking a Break for Dates

 

After staying the night at the inn, they woke up early and made their way back to Coburn, heading straight to the Guild Hall to turn in the request. Corinne gave them a small wave when she saw them, smiling as they headed over.

“That was quick, I didn't expect to see you back for at least a couple more days,” she said.

Kris pulled up his status screen, “Yeah, they attacked the day after we got there, so we didn't have to wait long.”

Corinne giggled, “And you didn't feel like staying for longer?”

“We had to get back to work!” Mibu asserted, giving a fist pump.

Corinne smiled and nodded, “Of course. Do you have the Monster Log?”

As they pulled it up, Kris had a thought, She's probably going to comment on the King Crab.

As predicted, Corinne blinked a few times. “King Crab? That was the request!? But they didn't mention anything about that in the submission!”

“I'm assuming that's a rare monster?” Kris asked.

Corinne nodded. “I don't even know what the amount is for its bounty, so please give me a few minutes to look it up. I'll need to converse with the Guild Master as well.”

They nodded as Corinne took her paper and walked to the back.

Mibu whispered, “You'll think we'll get a lot?”

Kris shrugged, “I hope so.”

 

As they were waiting, several different groups came up and made small-talk with them, asking about recent requests. While he didn't know them well, they at least knew each other by sight, having seen them around the guild. He contrasted it with when he first started, where he was often looked at with suspicion, or just ignored outright. I guess we are an up and coming party, right? Even if we're only Iron-Rank, we've been doing a decent amount of requests the past couple months.

After a few minutes, Corinne returned. They watched in awe as Corinne laid down five stacks of ten silver, and a gold coin. “Here is your payment, including the request, the bounties, and a small extra for the inaccurate classification. Iron-Rank adventurer's shouldn't normally be tasked against King Crabs...”

Seeing she was upset, Kris tried to reassure her. “I don't think the villagers knew. And they did help us against it with their harpoon boat.”

Corinne shook her head, “Be that as it may...” she looked up at him, “Besides, I'm sure you won't be denying the payment.”

Kris blushed a bit. Taking the silver, he pushed the gold coin back to Corinne. “Can you deposit this?”

Corinne smiled and nodded, taking the gold back.

Mibu looked at the silver excitedly, “That's so much steak!”

Kris shook his head. “No, we're going to use these on upgrades.”

Celica grabbed his side, pulling him a bit. Blushing, she looked up at him, “I think we should use some to go on dates. Besides the one day for celebration after we defeated the crabs, it's just been 'work-work-work'.”

Kris grimaced a bit. I can't deny that's true. He looked at the three women, all looking at him expectantly. No, what am I doing!? I need to keep the harem happy or everything is for naught! “Okay, I think that's a good idea. What do you want to do?”

The three of them all smiled brightly, before huddling to confer. After a minute, they all nodded and came back.

Celica put one hand on her hip, and held up four fingers with the other. “The next three days, each one of us is going to take you on a solo date in the evening. We can even work in the morning if you want, but then you have to dedicate the evening to us. I think we all have an idea of what we want to do with you, so it should be easy.”

Mibu and Paddy nodded in agreement.

Kris smiled, “That sounds fun....why did you hold up four fingers though?”

Celica blushed, “The fourth day, we're all going to spend time together together.”

 

The morning of the next day, they took care of some logistical tasks. Celica needed some new traveling clothes, as her old ones had been through the wringer with this trip. Paddy was getting a new holder made for her new ax. And Mibu and Kris were getting their blades sharpened.

After they finished, they met up for lunch, and then it was on to the first date. Paddy and Mibu went and did an easy goblin request, while Celica was getting him the first day, since it had been her idea to begin with.

She had put on her black sundress, and fluttered her eye at Kris as they were leaving.

Kris put an arm around her, “Um...you look pretty...”

She smiled and put her head against his side as they walked. She was leading him outside of town, into the forest.

“Is there somewhere specific we're going?” Kris asked as they walked.

Celica seemed a bit downcast. “I...know we won't be actually getting married for a while, but...I'd still like if you made me a Noxbliss crown. I want to feel like a cyclops bride.”

Kris, realizing this was important to her, nodded and smiled. “Of course! I'm kinda bad at spotting them though.”

Celica giggled, “That's fine, the bride is supposed to pick them anyway.”

After a while, they stopped in a clearing with a stump, and sat him down on it. She then started walking around as he watched, picking Noxbliss.

Kris watched her graceful form float around the trees, seeming at home in the forest, occasionally leaning over to grab a flower. I really lucked out with Celica. I didn't expect her at all, especially her coming to me. But...she's already become an integral part of the group. It was a great idea to spend some down time together as well.

Eventually, Celica had a dozen or so flowers in a bouquet, so she brought them over.

As she stepped in front of him, Kris stood up, giving her a passionate kiss.

Celica blushed, “Kris! You're supposed to do that after you make the crown!” she exclaimed, holding out the Noxbliss.

Kris blushed back, taking the flower and sitting back down.

Celica sat next to him on the stump, and he started attempting to make a crown out of them. Luckily (or maybe this was partially the reason this tradition existed) Noxbliss had pliable stems, and even with his untrained fingers he was able to craft a semi-respectable crown after a while.

Standing up, he placed the crown on Celica's head, who's face was going tomato-levels of red.

Kris, feeling the moment, got on one knee. “Will you marry me, Celica?”

Celica seemed confused, “What do you mean!? I thought we already agreed we would!?”

Kris chuckled, “We did, I was just trying to be romantic.”

Celica blushed again, before wrapping her arms around Kris and pulling him in for another kiss. “I love you, Kris. I know I have to share you, but, I hope you'll take care of me, too.”

Kris nodded, “I'll do my best to keep you happy,” he replied, holding her hands.

Celica blushed again, before starting to lead him outside the forest, back into town.

“Where are we going next?” Kris asked.

“Misty mentioned a nice restaurant that I wanted to try,” she said, almost dragging him along the street.

After a bit of walking, they stopped at a large, fancy restaurant a few streets down from their inn. Kris remembered seeing it before...and remembered not even considering stopping there, assuming it was more expensive than he cared to pay.

They went in and stopped at the front desk. An elf gentleman smiled and greeted them. “Do you have reservations?”

Celica nodded, sitting down a small plaque.

The greeter nodded, sliding the plaque over before beckoning them to follow him.

They were taken to a private table in the back, sequestered from other guests. The greeter immediately poured them some wine, before bowing and walking away.

Celica took a sip of her wine, while Kris sighed, “I hope this isn't too much.”

Celica seemed a bit irritated at the remark. “We're on a date, don't worry about that!”

Kris was about to reply, but shook his head. “Sorry, you're right.”

Celica smiled, “It's fine, it's not like we're going here every day. That would bankrupt us.”

After a few minutes, they were brought out a large salad, with a vinaigrette dressing slathered on it, and croutons crumbled on top.

Kris just stared for a few moments. I'm pretty sure this is the fanciest salad I've ever seen. He saw that Celica was looking at him expectantly, so he grabbed his fork and started eating. He had no idea what it was, but the vinaigrette tasted excellent. “It's really good!”

Celica smiled and nodded, before starting to eat her own.

 

After that, they got a soup, a half loaf of bread, and finally some sort of lamb casserole for the main course. Every dish was excellent, and Kris felt full by the end.

“I don't think I can fit-” he started, before the waiter came back once more. He sat down another disk, with something dark and crumbly on it.

“And here is dessert,” the waiter said, handing them small picks to eat it with.

Chocolate!? I haven't seen that in this world yet! Kris wasn't necessarily a sweet-tooth, but the flavor of the bittersweet chocolate made him oddly nostalgic.

Celica ate a couple pieces as well, enjoying watching Kris.

 

Once they had cleaned up the chocolate, the greeter gave them another pour of wine, and said they could leave whenever they were ready.

Celica sipped on her wine. “Are you ready for after dinner?” she said with a knowing grin.

Kris blushed a bit, assuming he knew what she meant. “Of course, but I thought this was a solo date?”

Celica nodded. “It is! I booked us a room at a fancy hotel.”

Kris stopped himself from commenting on the price again, just smiling and nodding.

After they finished their glasses, they headed out arm and arm.

Kris was a bit surprised at the direction they were headed, as it was a street he hadn't been down in a long while – the brothel street. “Um...we're not going to a brothel, right?”

Celica blushed, “Of course not! The nice hotel just happens to be on this street, too.”

Kris nodded, assuming it was a coincidence. However, once they stopped in front of the hotel, he knew it was, in fact, not a coincidence. Isn't this just a love hotel!? It even has hourly rates!

Celica seemed to either not care or not understand, and pulled him inside.

Kris just shook his head. I guess we are using it for it's intended purpose...

The greeter, an older woman, smiled as they approached. “Hello there deary. Oh! You're that cute cyclops girl who made a reservation. This is the lucky man?”

Celica blushed and smiled, nodding in response.

The greeter giggled, sliding over a key. “Enjoy yourselves.”

Celica grabbed the key, and pulled him down the hall. He was surprised at the lack of sound coming from the rooms. They must have good soundproofing. I wonder if there's a spell for that?

After a few moments, they found their room, and went inside.

The interior had a gold-framed bed in the shape of a heart, mirrors everywhere, and a see-through bath in the back.

Yeah...this is a love hotel.

Celica seemed excited about the large bath, running over to it. “This is the main reason I wanted to come here. After the hot springs, I've wanted to be able to bathe with you again.” The bath even had a spout for hot water that Celica turned on. The tub started to fill as steam engulfed the room.

Celica turned back towards Kris. “You wanna do this, right?” she asked, fluttering her eye again and leaning against him seductively.

Kris chuckled, “What are you even asking for? You think I would be here if I didn't want to?”

Celica blushed and turned away, slowly taking off her dress, to reveal purple lingerie underneath.

Kris walked over and kissed her, putting his hands on her tiny butt and squeezing.

Celica gave a small squeal and smiled. “Hey, you take off yours too!”

Kris did as requested, taking off his shirt and pants to reveal his undergarment already under strain from his member.

Celica giggled seeing this. “We have to calm you down or we can't bathe!” She took off her bra and walked over, rubbing her nipples on his chest and stroking his member. Leaning up, she started kissing him as she stroked.

Kris grabbed her arms, “I'm about to come already...”

Celica smiled, “It's fine, when I was inquiring about a room, the lady told me they clean the rooms with magic between every stay! This is a high end place!”

There's probably another reason for that... Kris thought, before holding onto Celica as he squirted onto the tile of the bathroom.

Celica was in awe, blushing at her hand. “That goes in me every time!?”

Kris was confused, “What did you expect to happen!?”

Celica giggled and kissed him again, putting a towel over the spot so they didn't walk in it.

They took off their remaining undergarments and slipped into the almost-full tub, turning the faucet off.

Celica let out a long sigh as she relaxed, while Kris splashed a bit of water into his face. Celica slid over next to him. “We need to get a tub like this in our house,” she suggested.

Kris nodded in agreement. This tub could probably fit eight people comfortably (and more uncomfortably).

Celica leaned her head against his shoulder, smiling, “I could stay like this forever.”

Kris wrapped and arm around her, and they soaked next to each other for a few minutes in comfortable silence.

 

Eventually, Celica broke the silence, asking, “Do you plan on adding more girls to our family?”

Kris winced a bit. “Do you not want me too?”

Celica sighed, “A couple weeks ago I probably would have said 'of course not!' but now...I don't know. Maybe Mibu is starting to rub off on me.”

Kris chuckled. “Well, right now...I'm pretty happy with you three...but I can't say I won't in the future.”

Celica nodded to show she understood, before leaning up and kissing him again. She then stood up, signaling it was time to dry off and go to the bed.

Before Celica could say anything, Kris picked her up and sat her down, before getting on his knees and licking her opening.

“Stop, stop!” Celica shouted, face red.

Kris stopped, looking up, “What's wrong?”

“It's too much!” she replied. After a moment of catching her breath, she said, “Okay...please continue...”

Kris nodded, before going back in, sticking his tongue in this time.

Celica wrapped her legs around him, before quivering as she spasmed in pleasure, getting Kris wet.

“So-...sorry...” Celica barely got out, breathing heavily.

Kris wiped off his face with a towel, shaking his head. “It's just thanks for the dinner,” he said with a smirk.

Celica giggled, “I don't think that's how it's supposed to work,” and pulled him on top of her.

Kris slowly slid himself into Celica, slowly going in and out, before picking up the pace.

Celica was biting her lip, wrapping her arms around his neck and he kept pumping faster and faster.

After a couple minutes, Kris released inside her, spurting multiple times, while kissing Celica deeply.

Kris rolled over while Celica seemed in a daze, hand over he forehead as she panted. He put his hand over her stomach, sidling up next to her. “You alright?”

Celica nodded, eventually catching her breath. “That was the best yet...”

Kris smiled, kissing her cheek. “Do you want to go again?”

Celica bit her lip, “Give me a bit to recover first.”

Kris chuckled, laying down with his hands behind his head.

Celica laid her head on his chest, so Kris put an arm around her, and within just a few moments, he felt her softly breathing, asleep.

Kris smiled, Just say you're tired! he thought, with a chuckle too himself, and closed his eyes as well.

 

The next day started the same as the first, with everyone meeting up again in the morning and getting lunch together, before splitting off again. Celica and Mibu decided to keep busy with some flower-picking requests, as it was Paddy's turn for a date.

Paddy also led Kris out of town and into the wood a ways. A long ways. They had been walking almost an hour before Kris asked. “Where are we going?”

Paddy replied, “We're almost there.”

Kris nodded and kept following. Sure enough, after a few more minutes, he could hear the sound of a river rushing by. “Are we catching some fish?”

Paddy blushed and nodded. “I hope that's okay.”

Kris squeezed the hand he was holding, “Of course.”

Paddy smiled, and they finished the last few meters out of the treeline. The river was bordered by a bed of pebbles on either side, and was a few meters across, but only came up a bit past their ankles. He could see the fish swimming by through the clear water.

“I'll start a fire,” Kris suggested.

Paddy nodded, before she started to undress.

Kris was taken aback, “Uh, Paddy, I don't mind, but I thought-”

He stopped as he realized Paddy had her swimsuit on underneath. Blushing, she explained, “This is what it's for, right?” holding her hands together in front of her.

Kris gave a thumbs up, “Amazing.”

Paddy smiled, before walking into the river to start catching fish.

Kris finished stacking wood on the pebbles and lit the fire, before adding a few more for good measure. He then took off his boots and joined Paddy in the river. She already had a few fish knocked out, so Kris helped by batting a few out as well.

 

After they had gotten over a dozen, the fish had seemed to wise up to the situation, and fewer and fewer were swimming near them. Kris was looking over at Paddy in her swimsuit, and happened upon an idea. Putting his hands in the river, he splashed some water over at her.

Paddy...didn't seem to react at all.

Kris repeated, trying to get a bit more this time.

Paddy reacted this time, looking over at him. “If you're too forceful, the fish will swim away.”

“I'm splashing you on purpose,” he explained, splashing her once more.

Paddy blinked a few times. “Why though? Do you want to swim? It's too shallow.”

Kris sigh, “No, it's a way to flirt in...where's I'm from.”

Paddy blushed and nodded. After a moment, she put her arms in and sent a big splash at Kris.

He was knocked over by the wave of water, falling onto his butt in the river.

Paddy was shocked, wading over quickly to him. “I'm so sorry, I didn't think-” As she got close, Kris pulled her down into a kiss. Paddy wrapped her arms around him, reciprocating the kiss and sticking her tongue in, as they sat in the river making out.

After a minute Paddy pulled back, blushing and smiling. “I...I love you...” she whispered.

“I love you too, Paddy...” Kris replied, kissing her again.

Paddy was about to say something else, when her stomach growled. She started blushing as Kris chuckled.

“Let's cook those fish!”

They went over to skewer and set up the fish for cooking, sitting next to the fire to dry off, Kris wrapped his arm around Paddy, who laid her cheek on Kris's head.

“I hope this is an okay date,” Paddy said.

“Of course. I mean, we're gonna eat some fish, and I got to see Paddy in her swimsuit again. That's a great date in my book,” Kris replied.

Paddy smiled, before wrapping her arms around Kris, smashing him into her breasts. Kris got a little excited from this, and gave Paddy's breasts a soft squeeze to gauge her reaction.

Paddy replied by lying down, pulling Kris on top of her.

Kris undid her swimsuit top, massaging her breasts and licking her nipples, as Paddy let out cute moans and squeezed him harder.

Kris's member was bulging out of his pants at this point, so he slipped it out and started rubbing it against Paddy's thighs.

“Stick it in...” was all Paddy said.

Kris pulled down her swimsuit bottom, sliding his member into her already-drenched opening. Kris quickly started thrusting, slapping against Paddy's thighs as always, as Paddy moaned louder and louder.

After a few minutes, Kris released inside her, resting on top of her breasts as he finished.

Paddy pulled him up and kissed him again, and they laid together like this for a few minutes, just holding each other.

However, they both started to smell something burning.

“The fish!” Kris shouted, rolling off Paddy and pulling his pants up, before taking the fish off the fire. As Paddy was putting her swimsuit back on, Kris did his best to cool them off. “I think the insides are still okay.”

Paddy giggled, “We can always catch more if we need too.”

Luckily, they fish were mostly fine, and they were able to feast on them. After finishing, they leaned back, holding their stomachs. As their meal settled, Kris added a bit more wood to the fire, and they cuddled next to it.

They sat in silence for a while, watching the fire as it started to near dusk. Kris asked, “Did you want to do anything else today?”

Paddy shook her head, before blushing. “I just want to cuddle a while longer.”

Kris smiled, giving her a gentle squeeze as they huddled together again.

 

The next day was finally Mibu's turn. Paddy and Celica had taken another simple request, and so Mibu and Kris were heading through town.

As Kris guessed, she was taking him to her favorite steakhouse restaurant. “You sure you wanna go here?”

Mibu nodded vigorously. “They have the best steaks.”

Kris sighed and followed her in.

After getting their usual order, they ate and talked for a while.

“Do you think we'll get another level up request soon? Maybe we can ask Corinne?” Mibu asked, before shoving another forkful in her mouth.

Kris shook his head, “I feel like we shouldn't just ask. We're...probably... ready, but I don't want her thinking we're pushy...”

Mibu nodded. “That's true. Hopefully we get one soon. We need more requests like Friedrich's Haven.”

Kris nodded. While it had been a tough ordeal, they had basically made several months of payments in less than a week. Of course, you can't just rely on requests like that all the time... After these days of dates were over, it was back to the grind of requests.

 

After finishing their steaks, there next stop was...the bathhouse.

“Um...we can't be together in here...right?”

Mibu nodded with a frown. “Sadly. I asked one time but the old woman said no.”

“Yeah, I don't think that would work...”

“Well, I just wanted to take a bath.”

Kris shrugged. I guess if Mibu is enjoying herself, that's fine.

“Don't take too long though! We still have stuff after this,” she asserted.

Kris nodded and they went their separate ways.

 

Kris made sure not to fall asleep in the bath this time, and got out fairly quickly. Even still, Mibu was waiting for him, grabbing his arm and heading back into the street.

“Where are we going now?”

Mibu smiled, “You'll see.”

After a few minutes, they ended up in front of...the inn.

“Why are we just at our normal inn? Did you forget something in the room?”

Mibu paused for a moment, then nodded, pulling him inside.

After they got to the room (Celica and Paddy were still out) Mibu immediately started undressing.

Kris was taken aback. “Wait, so you just want to have sex in our room?”

Mibu nodded, before pulling his shirt off.

Kris sighed again. “Are you sure that's just what you want to do?”

Mibu nodded again. “I thought about what I most wanted right now, and this is what I came up with.”

“Well, if you're happy...”

Mibu finished undressing herself, and grabbed a potion from the cupboard.

“Mibu...”

“Wait wait, don't worry, it's a cheaper one this time. It's not as strong, but since it's only me-”

Kris grabbed the potion and chugged it. “Alright, let's do this.”

Mibu grinned happily before squishing herself against him, kissing him and wrapping her arms around his neck. “Come on!” she said, pulling him to the bed.

Kris started grabbing her breasts, but Mibu stopped. “No, no, just stick it in!”

Surprised at her eagerness, Kris did as requested, and started thrusting in and out of Mibu, much to her satisfaction. After a minute, she pushed Kris over as he wasn't going fast enough for her, pushing herself up and down until he released into her.

Mibu finally settled down a bit, drawing her fingers around his chest as he caught his breath. “Isn't this a great date?”

Kris chuckled, “I feel like it's what we normally do!”

Mibu giggled, “What we normally do is great!” and kissed him again.

 

After going at it several more times, Kris felt the potion running out, and Mibu was also seemingly exhausted, lying next to him and rubbing her tail over his stomach as Kris petted it.

As they were lying there, Mibu asked, “Are you ever surprised by how your life turned out? A year ago, I never would have thought it would be like this...”

Kris blinked a few times at the unusually pensive Mibu. Well, as for me... “Yeah...it feels like I'm in an entirely different world.”

Mibu nodded, before laying her head on his chest. They both cuddled together until they fell asleep.

 

The next day when Kris woke up, Mibu was already gone. Since it had already several hours after dawn, he assumed she had gone to get breakfast, so he got up and washed himself before getting dressed.

As he headed into the main area, Celica, Paddy, and Mibu were out there waiting. Celica seemed to be hiding something behind her back.

“Hold on, let me rest for a-” he started, before Celica produced...a bracelet, silver with a small red stone inlaid in it.

Celica seemed confused for a moment at what he was saying, but quickly brushed it off and gave him the bracelet.

Kris looked down at it, then at them. “For me?”

They all smiled and nodded.

Kris put the bracelet on, clasping it around his wrist. “Why...why did you...”

Celica explained, “We wanted to get you a gift, so we helped pay for it with all the money we made the past few days to get it. It has a small Fire-boost enchantment on it.”

Mibu nodded vigorously. “I wanted to get you cool new armor, but it was too expensive.”

I wanted to get you a weight-reducing sheathe for your sword, but they didn't have any, so we went with Paddy's idea,” Celica explained.

“Do...do you like it?” Paddy asked.

Kris teared up a bit as he looked back down at his wrist. He then walked over and hugged all of them. “Thanks.”

They all smiled and hugged him back.

After a minute, Kris asked, “So, what are we doing today? We're all spending it together, right?”

Celica blushed, “We though you might be tired by today, so we figured we would spend it together in the room, enjoying each other's company.”

Kris chuckled a bit, “Yeah, that's probably for the best,” he replied, as they cuddled together on the couch.

 

During editing I decided to combine the last two chapters into one.  Hope you enjoyed this arc :)

I'm working on more Lonely Summoner next.

10