Ch. 26 – Going Incognito
160 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've gotten a few comments for listing out skill levels for everyone, so I decided to post what their skills are at the beginning of this arc.  Hopefully they make sense, I tried to keep it realistic (in this world's terms) based on much they're being used and against what.  This also isn't all their skills, just ones that are pertinent right now.

Kris 

Fire Magic - 13

Sword - 9

Dragonscale Armor - 8

Sneak - 7

Mibu 

Ice Magic - 12

Healing Magic - 8

Sneak - 9

Dragonscale Armor - 9

Bow - 9

Paddy

Steel Armor - 10

Shield - 11

Ax - 9

Celica

Dark Magic - 16

Wind Magic - 9

Going Incognito

 

It had been a week since their dates, and the team had been keeping busy doing Iron-Rank requests. Clearing out hobgoblins, taking out a harpy nest, and currently, taking out a forest troll.

“Huwagu!” the forest troll yelled as it rushed at Paddy.

Paddy caught it with her shield, bashing it in the face. She then took a swing with her ax, catching it in the side.

The troll stepped back, blood gushing from the wound. However, after a moment the bleeding stopped, and the wound started to heal.

Sheesh, the request said they can regenerate wounds, but that's ridiculous, Kris thought, readying himself.

The troll then caught an Air Slash from the side as it was distracted, and Kris followed up with a Scorch at the same spot.

The magic seemed to be working, as the troll started growling in anger, turning to face them. As it did, Paddy caught it off balance with a hack to the leg. It's regenerative abilities seemed to be overloaded, and the bleeding kept going.

Mibu took the chance to jump on it's back, jamming several short-range Ice Spike's into its back, causing it to reach around trying to knock her off.

The four of them kept whittling away at it, until it eventually fell over. Paddy swung her ax at it's neck for one final chop to finish it for good.

Kris wiped his forehead from the sweat. They were mostly low on MP, but no one had been injured. “Nice job everyone.”

The others smiled and crowded around him. “Do you think they'll give us a rank-up request now?” Mibu asked.

Kris nodded. “I think so. We're taking out these Iron-rank ones no problem”

 

After that they returned to Coburn and went to the Guild Hall to turn in their request, but as they entered, Corinne waved them over.

Kris smiled as they walked up. “Do you have something for us?” Kris thought that Corinne sometimes gave their group preferential treatment when it came to requests. Not that I'm going to complain if she is, of course...

Corinne smiled, “I do. An escort mission, actually,” she explained to them, handing over a piece of paper. “I think you'd be the right fit.”

The mission was a five-day trip. One south to Floberg, another south to the town of Traslund, one spent in Traslund, and then two days to return to Coburn. The pay was fifty silver, so ten a day, plus their food and lodging was covered.

Kris lowered his head and raised an eyebrow. “Ten silver a day...this seems too good to be true. Is there a catch?”

Corinne smiled wryly and nodded. Leaning forward a bit, she whispered, “The person you would be escorting is the local Baron's daughter. For her eighteenth birthday, she convinced her father to let her go on a short trip outside of Coburn. The catch is, she doesn't want anyone knowing she's a baron's daughter, so that needs kept secret.”

Kris nodded. “That makes sense so far. Is this really Iron-Rank though?”

Corinne nodded. “We can't risk anyone lower than your team going, it would look terribly on the guild if something happened to her. But escorting a baron's daughter is going to be below higher rank members, and...” she sighed, “...most guildmembers aren't going to be interested in babysitting someone they view as a 'spoiled brat', at ten silver a day.”

Kris chuckled, “I don't think we'd have any issue there.”

The other three all shook their heads.

Corinne smiled, “Excellent. They wanted to leave tomorrow, so I suggest you rest and prepare for the rest of the day. I'll have them come to the guild tomorrow for you to meet before you leave.”

 

They collected their reward for the troll, thanked Corinne, then headed out of the guild hall.

“Are-” Mibu started.

Kris held up his hand to interrupt her. “No, we're not going to add the baron's daughter to the pack, don't even try to suggest it. I don't want to get involved with nobles.”

Mibu playfully punched him, “I was just going to ask 'Are we going to get our own rations again?' like we did with the Friedrich's Haven request.”

Kris blushed, “Oh, sorry...but no to that too! We shouldn't need to pack that much anyway since they're paying for our meals.”

Mibu scrunched up to him, “Shouldn't we buy snacks for the road, though?”

Paddy was nodding vigorously behind her.

“Okay, okay, let's get some snacks,” Kris said with a smile.

 

They got some jerky and dried fish for the road, before heading back to the guild to relax. Kris was sitting on one of the couches, playing with the bracelet he had been given by his partners.

“KrisKrisKris!” Mibu said, jumping on top of him while he was sitting on the couch.

Kris caught her, pulling her into a hug as she nuzzled into his neck. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to cuddle,” she giggled.

Paddy sat down to them, kissing Kris on the cheek.

Celica was standing in front of him, leaning forward and blushing. “Pay attention to me too!” and kissed his lips.

Kris blushed, “I'm only one person! I promise I'll pay attention to all of you.”

Mibu turned and sat, wagging her tail back and forth across Kris's chest. She turned to look at him, “We were thinking, since we aren't doing anything the rest of the day, we should spend it mating before we leave tomorrow.”

Kris grabbed his forehead. “We're not doing anything because we're resting.

Paddy chimed in, “But...we might not get to on the trip!”

Celica nodded seriously in agreement.

Kris sighed, “Okay, okay, but just once. Then we go get dinner and actually rest up for the trip.”

The three girls cheered, tearing off their clothes (and Kris's).

Paddy won their game of odds and evens and got to go first (Mibu and Celica, still naked, went to munch on some sweet pies while they waited). She wanted to go on the bed, so they went over and she slid onto it.

Paddy's favorite position was lying face-up while Kris was on top of her. He wasn't sure if it was because she was always worried about crushing him, but Kris also enjoyed it since laying on top of Paddy was very comfortable.

He started by squeezing her giant breasts and kissing her, causing Paddy to start glowing red.

Paddy grabbed his shoulders. “Can...can you scratch my ears while you kiss me?”

Kris giggled, “We don't have to be mating to do that.”

“I know, but...”

Kris went up and delicately scratched her furry ears, while kissing her, causing her to moan louder than when he grabbed her breasts. Maybe I shouldn't touch them outside of sex.

Paddy squeezed him close, and Kris thought it was time to move to the main event. He slid his member inside of Paddy, and started thrusting in and out, bouncing off her thighs as he went faster and faster.

Their kissing got sloppier and sloppier as Paddy reached climax, and Kris could barely keep himself propped up.

After a few minutes, he released inside her as they clutched each other tightly.

“You're so amazing, Paddy...” Kris said, kissing her once more.

Paddy smiled, “I...love...so...much...”

“I love you too,” he replied as she rubbed cheeks with him.

 

After resting for a minute, Mibu came in. “It's my turn!”

Kris sighed, “I was having a nice moment with Paddy...”

Mibu blushed, “Oh, sorry...”

Paddy giggled, “It's okay, I can't be greedy.” She picked up Kris by his sides and set him down on his feet.

Mibu pulled him, “Let's go to the couch.”

They went into the living area (Celica was nowhere to be seen) and she pushed him onto the couch. She then straddled on top of him, sliding straight in with a gleeful moan.

Kris chuckled, “Straight to it?”

Mibu blushed, “I was already ready listening to you and Paddy...”

Deciding he wasn't letting her off easy, Kris grabbed her breasts, squeezing and licking each in turn.

Mibu giggled, “You always love doing that.”

Kris shrugged, “Don't you like it?”

Mibu nodded. She then grabbed his shoulders, sliding herself up an down his shaft, moaning softly each time she landed.

Kris grabbed her sides, helping push her up and down, until he felt himself boiling up.

“Mibu, I love you,” he said,

Mibu smiled, “How much do you love me?”

Kris thought, “Hmmm...if I went to a different world, I'd want you to come with me.”

Mibu was surprised, “Wow, that's a lot.”

Kris chuckled, “I feel like that's the minimum,” then held her tightly as he released into her.

As they sat clutching each other, she whispered, “I love you too.”

She then laid down on the couch.

Kris leaned over to kiss her.

Mibu giggled, “Hey, Celica is waiting. She'll be mad if you don't go!”

Kris nodded, then went into the other bedroom. Inside, Celica was still naked, laying on her side....asleep. He walked over and gently poked her forehead.

“Yeow, hey! That's now how you have sex!”

Kris chuckled, “Well, I'm not going to do it while you're asleep...”

Celica blushed, “You better not, I want to be able to enjoy it.”

Kris blinked a few times That's not the...no, I'm just going to ignore that. Sliding into bed, he laid next to her, giving her a kiss.

Celica reached down and grabbed his member. “You better still have energy for me.”

Kris just kissed her, as her hand was slowly making him erect.

Celica blushed again, before moving her body over to slide his member in.

Kris started pushing into her, causing her to blush more and give small 'eep's' of pleasure each time he hit inside her. He started kissing her neck, causing her to grip onto his back tightly, fingernails digging in slightly.

After a couple minutes, he gripped her tightly and came inside her.

 

After those three quick rounds, Kris was now panting heavily.

Celica leaned against him, drawing with a finger on his chest and giggling. “Did all your women tire you out?”

Kris smiled but nodded. “A little bit.”

Celica kissed him again. “Say, I was wondering something...”

Kris raised an eyebrow.

“Do you think our kids will have one eye, or two?”

Kris just blinked a few times. “Wh-what?”

Celica continued, “Well, all the cyclops in the village only have kids with other cyclops, so they all have one eye. But if I have kids with you, will they have one like me, or two like you? I want them to have two so they can see better.”

Kris wasn't sure how to respond to the sudden new topic, but after a moment responded, “I hope they have one like you, so they're as cute as you, too.”

Celica blushed, poking his cheek. “You...”

From the door, Paddy and Mibu were sticking their head over the side.

Kris blushed, “I said only once!”

“We just wanted to come cuddle,” Mibu said, with Paddy nodding.

Celica giggled, “Come on!”

They both came over and got on the bed, which groaned under the weight of all of them. After the last trip, they were well experienced in enveloping Kris with their bodies, everyone maximizing their skin contact.

Kris felt a sudden surge of emotion, hugging all of them at once. “I love you all so much.”

They all blushed and kissed him, before everyone fell asleep tangled together.

 

In the morning, they finished packing their traveling bags and went to the guild. Out front, the old man carriage driver was waiting, smoking a pipe as he patted down his horse. He grinned slightly as he saw them approached, “Here's the escort.”

Kris looked over at the carriage, which was a good deal bigger than he remembered. It could probably fit eight people, and didn't have the look of wear and tear of travel on it. “You get a new one?” Kris asked while motioning towards it.

“Aye,” he responded, putting out his pipe. “Been doing well for meself. Got Betsy a friend, too,” he said, pointing to another horse next to Betsy.

The four of them got in, Kris following the others in. When he entered the door, he saw that his three partners had sat one on side. On the other was a lady in a blue dress, golden-blonde hair down past her shoulders, with a headband holding back her bangs. Next to her was an older man with slicked-back gray hair and matching mustache, wearing a butler outfit.

As Kris sat down, the butler started talking, “This is-”

The woman interrupted him. “Gilmer, I can introduce myself.”

The old man, Gilmer, nodded.

“I am Henrietta, daughter of the Lord of Coburn. This is my trusted butler Gilmer. I assume your guild has already spoken with you about the itinerary?”

The group all nodded.

Henrietta looked at all of them. Mibu her eyes only glanced at, and Kris was basically ignored, but her gaze lingered on Paddy (noticeably tilting her head up at her) and Celica for a while.

After a few moments of silence, Henrietta asked, “Are there any questions? I don't want any complaints later.”

Since she was asking, Kris raised his hand, pulling up the request in his status screen. “Um...the request said you'd be going incognito.”

Henrietta nodded. “Yes. I picked out my plainest dress.”

Kris looked at the dress, “I...think that's probably still too fancy.”

Henrietta put her hand to her chin, before nodding. “I may have miscalculated. We should stop somewhere to acquire some peasant clothes.”

Gilmer shook her head. “My lady, you can't go about in peasant clothes.”

Henrietta shook her head back. “Nonsense. The whole point is to see the world from a peasant's point of view. If I do not fit in, the trip is worthless.”

“Err...that butler outfit is going to stick out like a sore thumb, too,” Kris added.

Gilmer wanted to protest, but Henrietta was sticking her head out the window, yelling “Driver, bring us to a peasant's clothing store first.”

“We could just wait until we're in Floberg,” Kris suggested.

Henrietta shook her head. “I need to get into character soon rather than later.”

The carriage started moving, and after a few minutes, stopped in front a clothing store, one they used themselves for everyday clothing.

Henrietta looked at the three other girls, then looked at herself. “Hmm...you there, you have similar sizes to me. Help me choose some clothing,” she said at Mibu.

Mibu smiled and nodded.

Um...I don't think that's the case. Maybe height-wise your close, but your almost as thin as Celica, and your breasts are at least two sizes smaller... He didn't say this, obviously, just followed after them as they exited the carriage.

Inside the store, Henrietta looked at the other shoppers, who seemed a bit tense around her. “Hmm...none of these are that pretty...”

Mibu grabbed a blue dress that was similar to the one she had, just in plainer materials. “I think you'd look good in this.”

Henrietta took it, going to the changing room and to try it on.

Celica, Paddy, and Kris were standing around near the entrance, watching this all unfold.

Celica whispered up to Kris, “I don't like her.”

Kris gave a wry smile, “We're getting paid to protect her, not like her.”

“I was wondering if you might try to add her to your harem, but now I would veto her,” she added with a 'hmpf'.

“Nothing to worry about there...” Kris responded. She wouldn't be interested in 'peasants' like us anyway.

After a couple minutes, Henrietta came out, showing off the dress. “Gilmer?”

Gilmer clapped, “You look beautiful even in peasant clothes, my lady.”

Henrietta nodded approvingly. “Good. Get me several of these in different colors,” she said, handing over a purse to him. “Oh, and get yourself some outfits here, too.”

 

After a while, Gilmer was now clad in a white shirt with black jacket and pants (seemingly unable to give up his butler color scheme, at least), and after paying for their clothing, they got back in the carriage.

“Anything else? Or are we truly fitting in now?” Henrietta asked.

Kris nodded. “I think we're as good as we're going to get,” Kris said, holding back a sigh.

Henrietta nodded, not noticing the sigh. “Good, let's be off then.”

7