Chapter 14: Running away from the hunters
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fucking hell, I don't want to die here!!!” A man screamed as he ran to get away from the bloody scene around him. The pile of bodies of his companions.

The group would be responsible for capturing a female dog that was walking through the forest. She was part of the first pack they captured. He didn't quite understand why, because he only wanted the money for that service. But no money was worth his life and he couldn't die there without having achieved anything, so he was determined to escape.

The man threw a body towards the demon that decimated his group, however, the beast simply used the body as a springboard and increased its speed. He couldn't dodge when the black beast with red eyes slashed at his neck and a bit down with unnatural force.

The hunter fell, spurting blood, staining the black coat of the wolf responsible for that fatal blow. The then-black wolf turned to the forest, trying to track down her missing brother.

************************************************** *******

Sun was conscious as she felt the sway of the walk. She was glad she wasn't tied down, probably the humans were confident the gray wolf couldn't tear the sack that bound her.

' Let go of me, motherfucker!!!' Sun started to swing, trying to get free, but it looked like the mouth of the bag was very well sealed. “Looks like she already woke up.”
“ Humm… The bitch is stronger than she looks…” Vera replied while looking at the bag that was moving without control. “Well, when we get to camp, I’ll give her another shot.”

'Fuck you bitch.' Sun started looking for a way to escape, so the wolf started to concentrate her magic to burn everything that was in her way.
Sun opened her mouth and a jet of fire came out, burning the bag and the human in charge of carrying the wolf. Vera managed to jump away from the fire on instinct and watched as her companion screamed in agony. “Fire magic? Like this?"

[+700 XP]

Sun wasted no time and dashed into the forest. 'Fuck you all.' The wolf ran off while growling in anger.

“Are we going after her, Vera?” The man with the squeaky voice asked as he looked down at his fallen comrade with his upper half completely charred.

Vera could easily identify the wolf's tracks, but she was distressed that she was not able to measure the wolf's power earlier. “No… We won't…” The gray haired woman glared at her remaining companion, and he didn't respond, she then looked at the body and said. “We need to let Ger know about this."

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

The deer entered a hidden cave in the woods, he knew of its existence because of who was using it as a shelter at that time. He didn't have good night vision, but he could still make out the brown wolf lying in the center of it.

The wolf was apparently relaxed, but her body shook occasionally, and her eyes fluttered behind her pupils. “I see your evolution is still in progress, dog… You should hurry up a bit…”

The deer knew those words would reach the subconscious of the wolf, who was focused on controlling the energy swirling inside him while altering his body. The deer didn't seem to care about the wolf's plight and simply turned to leave the cave.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

After making sure she wasn't being followed, Sun relaxed a little. ' If it weren't for that fucking poison, I could have faced them... Easy!!!' Sun said that to herself, but she knew that the woman was stronger than the guy she killed.

The wolf began to walk more slowly as she tried to reason with everything she heard. 'What are they capturing beasts for?' Sun's head throbbed as she tried to find an answer, so she gave up and decided to go back to the pack clearing.

Sun walked a few minutes until a scent caught her attention, she recognized as the scent of a wolf and another that reminded her of humans. She thought for a moment whether she should check or whether she ignored it. In the end the wolf decided to check, since other hunters could have captured another wolf and even though she didn't know what they wanted with that, Sun knew, deep down, that she couldn't let that happen.

Sun sniffed the air warily as she tried to track the unknown wolf. "Ahhh!!!" Sun heard a scream, a dog cry and a cat growl, and managed to picture the situation in her head. ‘Holy shit!!!’ Then he watched through the bushes what was happening a few meters away.

The scene Sun saw consisted of a black-furred wolf cub injured with a cut across its right eye, the cut was already healed, so the wolf was more reassured that the cub was fine at that moment. But Sun felt that there was something wrong with him, the puppy looked very thin, as if he hadn't eaten in several days.

The wolf looked at the reddish furred feline, snarling in anger, he seemed to be a little bigger than Sun and had a more slender body.
In one-on-one, the gray wolf was sure she would win if she landed an accurate blow, but the cat was clearly more experienced, which made the task much more difficult.

And to top it off, Sun set his sights on a human girl with torn clothes. She was badly injured with several scratches and bites, but the girl still held the puppy in her arms while protecting him from the feline that was preparing to attack again. She looked to be around 17 years old, with dark eyes and brown hair that stopped mid-back.

1