Chapter 5
447 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I played a little with the map and discovered that I can change the area it can cover, from a kilometer to hundreds of kilometers while showing the basic features of each area, and I also discovered that I’m in the middle of a great forest, I think it will take about three months of walking just to reach the nearest city.

I mused for a few moments while checking the map before deciding to take the route which leads to the city, and during my journey, I can decide whether to enter the city or not. It could be suicidal to enter a demons’ city with my appearance. At the same time, I can’t live my whole life in the forest, and more importantly, I definitely want to see and explore a fantasy city, I wonder if there is an actual adventurers’ guild with different types of quests, I can’t wait to find out.

I snapped out of my daydreaming about the adventurers’ guild and back to reality when I accidentally saw the next skill ‘Spoils taker’. My eyes popped out of their sockets while I exclaimed “Holy mother of all skills, it is a weak version of the legendary ‘skills stealing’ skill.”

I read the description of the skill one more time, focusing all my attention on what I was reading just to be sure. Although the possibility of success is low, it is the steal skill I always read about in novels, even if it can’t steal everything.

I yawned even though my mind was still overwhelmed from all the excitement, but my body was complaining and begging for some rest, so I reluctantly decided to sleep. Just as I closed my eyes, I remembered that I didn’t try the last feature of the ‘Gamer’s eyes’, or checked the normal skills and resistances, I had the urge to continue but I managed to suppress it by convincing myself that it can wait until morning.

My mind finally calmed down and drifted into dreamland, a smile could still be seen on my face, what a wonderful day it was.

I woke up in the morning with a body stiff like a rock from all the running and walking during yesterday, and curling up like a ball in a small space the whole night didn’t help either, I crawled out of the hole slowly and stretched one limb after the other until my muscles loosed a bit and I managed to climb back to my feet.

The sunlight was peeking through the small openings in between the leaves of the trees, speckling the ground in a few places and highlighting some shrubs and fallen old leaves. Due to the intensity of the trees and the poor illumination in the early morning, the dewdrops in the highlighted spots sparkled brightly like little stars in the night sky.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply a few times taking in all the scents carried by the soft cool breeze, everything was perfect until my stomach growled loudly, I licked my lips and grabbed the last apple-like fruit I still had, rubbed it with my hands to clean it as much as possible and took a bite.

While I was eating, I took a quick look at the remaining skills and resistances, I reached to the conclusion that I’m totally fucked because I don’t have any offensive skills at all, all my skills can do is helping me sense the danger and hide or run away from it.

My only hope at the moment is using fire magic to attack, I can use something like a fireball or fire arrow though I have no idea how strong it can be at level one.

The dark magic is a little confusing for me at the moment, I’m pretty sure it can be used to attack, but all I could think of was using it to blind whoever or whatever I’m fighting with.

If the dark magic in this world is concentrated on curses and debuffs which as far as I know is called black magic, it will make more sense, after all, it is a type of magic given to demons, even though in this world demons are not in a war with other races they are still hated.

I finished the fruit and started to walk in a slightly different direction than the one I was taking yesterday; this route will eventually lead to the city.

While I was walking and keeping an eye and an ear open for any possible danger, my thoughts were wandering all over the place, so I took a deep breath and focused on the important things.

My main goal in this fantasy world is to enjoy everything this world can offer, and see everything in it, whether they are cities or forests, dungeons or some ancient ruins, demi-humans or monsters, animals or plants, on land or in the sea even in the sky, in short, I’m going to live it up to the fullest.

To reach my goal, the most important thing is to stay alive, and to stay alive, at the moment I need to quickly make as much distance as possible between me and the village while securing food and water and of course, avoid any monsters.

The food problem can be solved by eating fruits and I can carry some with me for later. As for monsters, fortunately, until now I didn’t see any real monsters, all I saw were small creatures similar to animals, like that fucking rabbit.

As for the village, I’m doing my best at walking as fast as I can. The real problem is water, I don’t have anything to carry water in it, and drinking a few drops of dew every morning is not enough.

The best solution for the water problem is to use the inventory to store some water, which led me back to using magic. In the magic section it said “Can be used by manipulating and transforming the mana into the desired magic”, the main problem is manipulating and transforming the mana, to be able to do that I need first to be able to fucking sense the mana, which I have no idea how to do.       

11