Chapter 66: Killing a Rank 4 Gu Master!
101 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My Chainsaw Golden Centipede Gu!"

The Rank 4 Gu Master, who always presented a cold and arrogant demeanor, couldn't hold back any longer and burst out with a heart-wrenching cry. His eyes, filled with a murderous intent, glared fiercely at Zhou Ming.

"You destroyed my Chainsaw Golden Centipede Gu! I will make sure you can't live, and you can't die either!"

He made a gesture with his hand, and the golden cloud beneath his feet quickly shrank and flew into his hand.

At the same time, his body continued to grow, and upon landing, he had already transformed into a five-meter-tall golden giant. He also had a massive golden spear in his hand. With a roar, the golden spear fiercely smashed down towards Zhou Ming.

Boom!

Zhou Ming swiftly dodged, and the golden spear struck the ground, causing an explosion as the earth shattered and dirt flew, creating a crater over one meter deep.

"Die!"

The golden giant, surprisingly agile for its size, swiftly turned around and thrust the golden spear towards Zhou Ming once again.

Another loud sound, and another crater erupted on the ground as Zhou Ming evaded.

Swish! Swish! Swish!

The golden giant's spear moved like the wind, sweeping across the land. The ground quickly became pockmarked from the explosions, and even the Rank 3 elders dared not approach too closely.

Zhou Ming was chased by the golden giant, his anger growing. However, the golden giant's attacks were too fierce, and he didn't dare to confront them head-on. He could only rely on rapid and continuous evasion.

"Troublesome. This Rank 4 Gu Master has incredibly strong defense. It's difficult to deal with him in a short time, unless I unleash the full power of the Boundless Forest Samsara Physique at any cost."

Of course, Zhou Ming could choose to use power from outside this world, but that would require him to return to the main god's space, and there was also a possibility that it couldn't be used in the Gu world. It wasn't a cost-effective option.

At this moment, Zhou Ming suddenly saw several Zhou family elders, especially the Wood Path Gu Master who had already returned to his normal state and was being supported by another elder, resisting the shockwaves from the golden giant's spear.

A thought flashed in Zhou Ming's mind, and he quickly rushed towards that elder.

"Give me the Wood Charm Gu!" he shouted loudly.

Zhou Ming ran, and the golden giant immediately chased after him, causing the two elders to retreat in fear. They didn't dare to let Zhou Ming retreat.

Elusive Ghost Gu!

Zhou Ming's figure flickered a few times, and in an instant, he covered a great distance and caught up to the two Gu Masters. He lifted the Wood Path Gu Master in his hand.

The situation was urgent, and Zhou Ming didn't have time to talk slowly with them.

The golden giant from behind attacked again. Without time to speak, Zhou Ming swiftly dodged the golden giant's spear while holding the Wood Path Gu Master. The other Rank 3 elder was directly knocked away, but fortunately, he used defensive Gu worms in time and wasn't injured.

"Give me the Wood Charm Gu, quickly! I'll kill him!" Zhou Ming held the Rank 3 elder in one hand while placing the other hand on his aperture, transmitting a stream of primeval essence.

The unique aura of the Boundless Forest Samsara Physique carried by the primeval essence immediately widened the eyes of the Wood Path Gu Master.

"You, you are..." The Wood Path Gu Master's eyes almost popped out of his sockets.

"No time for nonsense, don't waste time!" Zhou Ming shouted.

The Wood Path Gu Master snapped out of his daze and immediately handed over the Wood Charm Gu along with several other Wood Path Gu worms on his body to Zhou Ming.

"You must kill him!" the Wood Path Gu Master yelled.

Zhou Ming didn't have time to respond. He threw the Wood Path Gu Master towards another Zhou family elder and at the same time, collected the Gu worms from the Wood Path Gu Master into his own aperture.

With the full cooperation of the Wood Path Gu Master, those Gu worms were instantly assimilated by Zhou Ming.

"You've been chasing after me for so long, now it's my turn!"

Zhou Ming turned around to face the golden giant, grinned, and his aura dramatically changed.

A profound and tranquil forest aura quickly emanated from Zhou Ming.

"Hmm?" The golden giant's golden face showed a hint of astonishment, followed immediately by rage.

"It's useless. The gap between Rank 3 and Rank 4 cannot be bridged by a mere Wood Charm Gu. Die!"

He spread open his left hand, and in the palm of his hand, golden spikes rapidly condensed and shot towards Zhou Ming.

Zhou Ming extended his hand towards the golden giant, and greenish-gray vines shot out, easily knocking away the golden spikes.

"It's the same old trick as before." The golden giant sneered, brandishing his spear and thrusting it towards Zhou Ming.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

One vine after another kept sprouting, entwining around the spear before it could pierce Zhou Ming, obstructing its advance.

Ten... Twenty... Thirty... Fifty... Eighty...

When the spearhead was about to reach Zhou Ming's forehead, the vines completely wrapped around the entire spear, immobilizing it completely.

The golden giant grabbed the other end of the spear, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't budge it an inch.

A mocking smile appeared on Zhou Ming's face. With a gentle flick of his right hand, the spear, enveloped by countless vines, gradually turned towards the golden giant.

"Ah!" The golden giant shouted in disbelief as the spear suddenly shrank into a tiny Gu worm, escaping from the entanglement of the vines and quickly flying towards the golden giant.

However, just then, a green pine needle flew out and instantly shattered the Gu worm, continuing its momentum and directly striking the golden giant. The needle's tip only penetrated half an inch before it could go no further.

"Snap!"

The golden giant gripped the pine needle, unable to believe what had just happened.

This was the first time he had been injured in this battle!

With a burning rage, he looked at Zhou Ming, but saw the latter tilting his head and giving him a sinister smile. Zhou Ming lifted his right hand and gently waved it in his direction.

Pine needles flew out, one after another, densely packed, shooting towards the golden giant!

Rank 3, Exploding Pine Needle Gu!

The golden giant tried to dodge by lifting his leg, but he felt a tightness at his feet. Looking down, he saw iron vine Gu crawling up his ankles, tightly entwining his ankles.

The golden giant let out a loud cry, raising his arms to protect his face.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Countless crisp sounds resounded intensely. The golden giant's two massive arms were instantly pierced by pine needles.

"Explode!" Zhou Ming clenched his fist with force.

The pine needles instantly exploded, turning into smaller wooden spikes that drilled into the golden giant's wounds. The golden giant's two arms became bloody, and golden blood flowed profusely.

At the same time, the vines at the golden giant's feet continued to climb up his calves, one after another, one after another.

"Ah! Ah! Ah!"

The golden giant let out a furious roar of pain, struggling with all his might to break free from the entanglement of the vines. Unaware of what was happening, he failed to notice that amidst the dark green vines wrapped around his lower legs, there were now intertwined strands of vibrant green vines.

The golden blood splattered on the green vines, swiftly absorbed by them. Soon, vibrant red flowers bloomed, dripping with beauty, swaying continuously, and drawing in more blood.

Another Gu worm appeared in Zhou Ming's hand, resembling the Leaf Blade Gu he had used before but with a greener color and finely serrated edges.

Rank 3, Sawtooth Grass Leaf Gu!

Sharp sawtooth grass leaves flew towards the golden giant, constantly adding wounds to his body.

Entangled by more and more vines, the golden giant, whose movements were greatly hindered, was now powerless to defend against the attacks of the sawtooth grass leaves.

To him, these were just flesh wounds that he didn't care about. What he wanted now was to tear apart those damn vines and regain his freedom of movement!

Unbeknownst to him, the colorful flowers blooming on his lower body were increasing in number, almost covering every inch. However, he remained oblivious, still fighting against the growing iron vine Gu.

The abnormal reaction of the golden giant had long been noticed by the people around, but they had been reluctant to interfere in the battle.

But now, seeing the golden giant at a disadvantage, the remaining two Rank 3 elders on the opposing side could no longer stand by and watch. They were willing to risk being attacked by Zhou Ming to free the golden giant from this bizarre state.

Zhou Ming ignored them. If the other side had Rank 3 Gu Masters, then his side naturally had them too. While the two elders made their move, the four Rank 3 Gu Masters on Zhou Ming's side also attacked them simultaneously.

As for the wood path Gu Master, he awkwardly stood like a puppet, stiff as a log.

More and more vines gradually engulfed the towering five-meter-tall body of the golden giant, resembling a gigantic dark green and black egg.

Within the gaps of the vines, layers of bright red flowers grew, swaying in the wind, alluring and enchanting, exuding a strange and dangerous beauty.

The golden giant inside the dark green and black egg continued to struggle, making creaking sounds. As time passed, the sounds grew weaker and eventually fell silent.

Zhou Ming no longer paid attention to the dark green and black egg, turning his gaze towards the other side where the two Rank 3 Gu Masters were.

As Zhou Ming's gaze swept over them, a sense of crisis overwhelmed the two Gu Masters, and they immediately tried to escape. However, it was already too late.

Engaged by four Rank 3 Gu Masters, how could they possibly escape? With Zhou Ming's intervention, the two Gu Masters lost all resistance and quickly met their demise.

Zhou Ming ended his Tree Spirit state and stood quietly in place, savoring the feeling he had when he transformed into a Tree Spirit just moments ago.

To be honest, that feeling was incredibly delightful. Wrapped in dense vitality, it was as if he had returned to the state of an unborn baby, filled with a sense of relaxation, comfort, and warmth.

However, Zhou Ming was well aware that along with that comforting feeling came extreme danger, akin to walking on a tightrope on a cliff.

The Wood Spirit Gu instinctively absorbed the surrounding elemental energy to replenish itself, subjecting his already heavily burdened aperture to even more intense pressure.

Zhou Ming could even hear the strained creaking sounds coming from the walls of his aperture, constantly keeping him on edge, wondering if the walls would collapse in the next moment and cause him to explode in place.

Fortunately, perhaps due to the unique constitution of the Boundless Forest Samsara Physique

, the erosion of the Wood Spirit Gu on his body was not severe.

Having used the Wood Spirit Gu for such a long time, if it were another Gu Master, parts of their body might have already become petrified. Yet, the impact on Zhou Ming was minimal, such as two leaves growing out of his hair.

"The Boundless Forest Samsara Physique has many untapped powers!"

Zhou Ming scanned the battlefield, then suddenly made a gesture with his hand. The dark green and black egg immediately disintegrated, and vines dragged out a corpse from inside—it was the body of the Rank 4 Gu Master.

The combination of a Rank 3 Bloodsucking Vine Gu and a Rank 3 Hypnotic Flower Gu had formed a simple lethal move that caused the distinguished Rank 4 Gu Master to meet his demise. His consciousness never recovered until his final moment.

His Gu worms were thus not destroyed and were quickly plundered by Zhou Ming, along with the body, all of which he stored in the Cage Vine Gu.

"It's time to leave."

Surveying the battlefield, with the opposing side's Rank 3 and Rank 4 forces completely wiped out and our side still having five Rank 3 elders present, even though the enemy still had numerical superiority, they had lost their backbone and had no hope of winning.

Zhou Ming summoned the newly acquired Golden Cloud Gu, mounted it, and soared into the sky.

Before leaving, he cast a final glance at the battlefield, gazing deeply in the direction where Zhou Hao and the others were located. After a few seconds of intense focus, he decisively turned around and flew away without a hint of nostalgia.

4