Chapter 67: Zhou Qitian
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, wait a moment! My Gu worms!"

Watching helplessly as Zhou Ming flew away, the elder of the wood path Gu Master's family just realized that when Zhou Ming left, he also took away his few Gu worms along the way.

Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do now. He could only stand there stiffly, tears streaming down his face in the wind, feeling miserable and sorrowful.

...

A fierce battle came to an end gradually as Zhou Ming departed.

All the Rank 4 and Rank 3 elders of the three allied families were killed by Zhou Ming, leaving only Rank 2 and Rank 1 Gu Masters. Without a leader, they quickly chose to retreat.

Several elders hastily reorganized the remaining troops and continued to advance towards the valley they had initially targeted.

Although they had repelled the enemy this time, the hunting team also suffered heavy casualties. They had no way to trek back to the Warm Pool Valley over a long distance.

They could only rest where they were, deciding to defend the easy-to-defend but difficult-to-attack calabash-shaped valley, awaiting the arrival of reinforcements from their families.

Soon, the team reached the valley, entered it, and guarded the entrance, maintaining strict vigilance.

Because the enemy Gu Masters who had been repelled didn't leave completely. Instead, they remained far behind the team, constantly tracking their movements.

Clearly, the opponents were not giving up.

"Hmph, if they want to follow, then let them follow! Tomorrow, the clan's reinforcements will arrive, and then we'll wipe them out in one fell swoop, leaving no way out for the three major families!"

In the valley, listening to the report of the reconnaissance Gu Master, an elder sneered.

Several hours later, the elders received message Gu from the clan, instructing them to hold their ground for another seven hours. Elder Zhou Mang would personally lead the reinforcements to set out from the clan to provide support.

"Hahaha, wonderful! With Elder Zhou Mang taking action, even the insignificant ones will be eradicated!"

The wood path Gu Master from earlier laughed heartily while lying on the bed.

Due to using the Wood Phantom Gu for too long, his legs had stiffened, rendering him unable to walk; he could only lie in bed. A few leaves were even growing on his head, swaying comically with his laughter.

"Elder Zhou Mang sure cares about his grandson." Another elder sneered inwardly.

If Zhou Lin wasn't in the hunting team, would that old man have personally led the group?

No, if they relayed the news about the Forest Sea Reincarnation Body back to the clan, I'm afraid not only Elder Zhou Mang would come, perhaps even the clan head would personally rush over!

"Sigh, if Zhou Ming hadn't left..."

Suddenly, an elder spoke, causing the atmosphere in the room to quickly turn silent.

Zhou Ming, a junior whose name they hadn't even heard before, was now constantly being mentioned on their lips...

In the valley, the hunting team set up tents one after another, each squad resting separately.

In an inconspicuous tent, Zhou Hao's face turned serious as he called Zhou Yu and Zhou Ke over.

"The words I'm about to say are crucial. Remember, the clan's higher-ups will definitely inquire about Zhou Ming from us. No matter what they ask, always tell the truth. There must be no concealment. But if they don't ask, don't say a word! Understood?"

Zhou Yu and Zhou Ke exchanged a glance, both sensing nervousness and concern for the situation in each other's eyes.

But in the end, they nodded in unison, saying, "Understood!"

"Very well." Zhou Hao took out a flower-wrapped Gu from his aperture. "Come, take a look. This is what Zhou Ming left for us..."

Within the hunting team at this time, the busiest were the healing Gu Masters. The previous battle had caused a large number of casualties, and each healing Gu Master was burdened with the task of treating several patients, almost exhausted enough to collapse.

Next in line of busyness were the reconnaissance Gu Masters. They kept a constant watch on any movement around the valley and also monitored the enemy's activities stationed not far outside the valley.

The seven-hour time span quickly passed, yet the reinforcements from the clan they had been eagerly awaiting hadn't shown a trace.

"What's going on?"

Unease welled up in the hearts of the reconnaissance Gu Masters. Despite relying on their well-honed training to hold their positions, an unavoidable panic gradually spread among them.

They were anxious about the possibility of enemy reinforcements appearing at any moment, while simultaneously yearning for their own reinforcements. In this state of anxiety and torment, two more hours passed. Then, a message Gu flew into the valley.

"What! The reinforcements were ambushed halfway and are trapped on Pingfeng Mountain? Elder Zhou Mang is seriously injured?"

Several elders received the information from the message Gu, their shock almost causing them to jump up.

"Elder Zhou Mang, a formidable Rank 4 high-level Gu Master, who could have harmed him!"

Zhou Kangtai propped himself up on the bed with his hands, nearly falling off due to his excessive excitement.

"Don't doubt it. This is a message Gu personally written by the clan head. Can there be any fakes?"

Another elder held the message Gu in his hand, continuing to read the contents, his expression relaxing.

"The clan head has decided to lead the troops personally to come and support us!"

"What?"

"Is that really true?"

"The clan head, who is still recovering from injuries, how could he leave the clan and endure such hardships?"

The elders asked one after another.

"Well, perhaps it's for the sake of Zhou Ming," one elder sighed suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"You, you're the one who reported the matter about Zhou Ming back to the clan!"

Another elder pointed at that elder sharply.

"That's right, I believe this matter needs to be reported to the clan!" The accused elder stood firm, not backing down.

"You! Sigh... if the clan head's condition worsens because of this matter, you'll be the culprit of the clan!"

The elders were anxious. With the clan head injured and the Rank 4 elder Zhou Mang seriously injured and trapped, the clan's top combat strength had suffered greatly.

Meanwhile, the enemy was the combined forces of the three major families, with a total of three Rank 5 Gu Masters and ten Rank 4 Gu Masters!

The stark gap between the strengths of both sides left several elders feeling a sense of powerlessness as they realized the overwhelming odds against them.

After nearly six more hours passed, the reconnaissance Gu Masters saw billowing dust in the southwest direction, as a large army was advancing. They quickly sent someone to scout ahead.

Soon, the good news spread back to the valley.

The support army led by Clan Leader Zhou Qitian has arrived!

As Zhou Qitian's figure appeared in the valley, the entire valley erupted with cheers and excitement.

Zhou Qitian looked to be around thirty years old, but his actual age was close to fifty. He had a tall stature, piercing eyes, a stern face, and exuded strong confidence and authority from within.

With immense strength and being in his prime at fifty years old, he held an unquestionable authority within the entire Zhou family.

Without wasting time with speeches, Zhou Qitian immediately ordered the hunting team to integrate into the support army and proceed to rescue the besieged Elder Zhou Mang.

After a brief reorganization, the army set off towards Pingfeng Mountain ahead.

However, just as the army had covered a distance of only a hundred miles, the Investigation Type Gu Masters were shocked to discover signs of enemy Gu Masters appearing from several directions ahead.

"Enemy ambush!"

The piercing warning of the Investigation Type Gu Masters reverberated, and the enemy forces from multiple directions had successfully encircled them, ensnaring this unit led by Zhou Qitian himself like dumplings trapped in a pot!

Several figures emerged from the encirclement, wearing smiles, mounted on tall steeds, and looking down at the Zhou family group from a superior vantage point.

The appearance of these figures caused the faces of the Zhou family elders to turn even paler, and some couldn't help but utter sounds of despair.

"Heavens, the clan leaders and elders of the three families..."

"Wenren Yue, Kou Chi, Fu Ying, three Rank 5 Gu Masters, and five Rank 4 Gu Masters. With such a formation, how can we possibly fight back?" (Reference to Chapter 25)

Fear before the battle had even begun, the elders quickly found their hearts filling with despair, to the point that even the expressions on their faces were beyond their control.

Seeing the elders' reactions, the Gu Masters under their command, even if many of them didn't recognize who the figures on the other side were, also began to deflate, losing their fighting spirit.

The morale of the Zhou family's army quickly plummeted, as if a gray mist had descended upon their heads, obscuring any trace of vitality.

"Zhou Qitian, come out, hiding behind your people isn't your style."

At this moment, a voice from the opposite side boomed.

It was Fu Ying, the leader of the Fu family, a Rank 5 mid-stage Gu Master.

Zhou Qitian flew out from the Zhou family's army, landing at the forefront. He faced the leaders of the three families eye-to-eye.

His expression was calm as he spoke, his voice not loud but spreading throughout the entire battlefield: "The alliance of the three families has assembled quite the force. It seems you're determined to annihilate my Zhou family today."

"Hmph, the Zhou family has held Warm Pool Valley for twenty years. It's about time for you to move aside and change ownership!" Wenren Yue, the leader of the Wenren family, snorted coldly.

"Is that so? After wiping out my Zhou family, who will take control of Warm Pool Valley?" Zhou Qitian looked at Wenren Yue. "The Wenren family, perhaps?"

Wenren Yue narrowed his eyes, aware that Zhou Qitian was sowing discord. He didn't get angry, just smirked.

"Zhou Qitian, we've known each other for many years. There's no need for such talk. Today, your Zhou family is finished. Not even a Gu Immortal can save you, mark my words!"

"Then let's start the battle." Zhou Qitian's voice remained calm. He seemed as rigid as stone, devoid of any emotions.

"Hold on!" Kou Chi, the leader of the Kou family, stepped forward with a chuckle. "Zhou old friend, before we engage in combat, let me introduce you to an old acquaintance!"

"Batukha, my brother, come out!"

As Kou Chi's shout echoed, the space beside him suddenly twisted into a shadow, and then a figure stepped out of the darkness.

"Zhou Qitian, the taste of the Corroding Heart Gu must be unpleasant."

The Gu Master's two eyes emitted a faint green light, staring at Zhou Qitian like a wild beast, and he grinned coldly, revealing sharp teeth.

Batukha, it was none other than the Rank 5 demonic Gu Master who had successfully ambushed Zhou Qitian a few days ago.

Zhou Qitian remained silent, his gaze sweeping from Batukha to Kou Chi, Wenren Yue, and Fu Ying.

"It seems that today there's no escaping this calamity."

"However, to defeat me, Zhou Qitian, is not so simple!"

"All four of you, come at me together! Until I'm dead, none of you will kill a member of my Zhou family!"

Zhou Qitian's words were resolute and sonorous, echoing across the entire battlefield. They swept away the despondent mood among the Zhou family members, replacing it with surging hot-bloodedness and soaring determination!

The faces of the three clan leaders turned somewhat grim. Their original intention was to strike at the Zhou family's morale, diminish their fighting spirit, and make the battle easier, minimizing casualties.

Seeing the rekindled spirit within the Zhou family's army, the three clan leaders immediately understood that if a full-scale battle were to break out now, the casualties would undoubtedly far exceed their expectations!

"Zhou Qitian must die!"

At that moment, the three clan leaders reached a unanimous decision in an instant.

Only by killing Zhou Qitian swiftly and decisively in front of everyone could they shatter the Zhou family's resurgent determination. Otherwise, even if they won, it would be a Pyrrhic victory!

"Attack!"

With this shared thought, the three clan leaders acted as if their hearts were in perfect sync. With remarkable tacit understanding, they simultaneously launched an attack against Zhou Qitian!

3