Day1e Exercise
2.4k 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I realized I should have a way to indicate voice coming through a speaker of some sort without needing to mention it every time, decided on just replacing quotation marks with asterisks *Like this*.

As you're lead around neither Becky or Nina says anything.

Eventually you get taken to a large sounding space.

Your hand is released and Becky says

"Alright, will you be fine if I leave you here alone with Nina for a bit?"

You sigh a little "… I guess." (It's probably too late but I wonder what it would take to convince her she has the wrong impression of me, I guess there are some extreme options that could change it but not for the better. Just trying to seem more confident and brave in future without complaining about past events might be the best option.)

"Now, don't worry I won't leave you out of my sight for long."

She moves away, after bit Nina moves next to you and starts holding your hand at first hesitantly but she then seems to make up her mind and while holding it firmly says "Here, I'm uhh still here so don't worry and stuff..." (Gah, she's misunderstanding things too but it's kind of cute how she's trying to comfort me despite how embarrassed or awkward she seems to feel about it.)

"Umm... thanks but..." (Hmm I don't want her to think I hate holding her hand or that she needs to stop but I really should try to fix the impression I assume she has of me.) you start holding her hand back and continue "I feel like Becky really misunderstood an earlier situation and I couldn't explain it properly so don't pay too much attention to whatever she says about me, I don't need to be looked after as much as she seems to think is necessary."

"Hmm, sure, don't worry about it."

Silence ensues.

"What... oh right..."

She goes quiet and doesn't say anything. (I wonder what she was about to ask. Should I try saying something? Nah, she might think her almost saying something made me feel pressured to break the silence after she chose not to, not that that'd be wrong but I want to seem more confident so I won't do that.)

She moves a bit while still holding your hand and seems like she's now facing you instead of the same direction you were. Nothing else happens for a while and you start feeling somewhat relaxed.

Becky's voice comes from inside your earbuds. *Alright, nod if you can hear me.* You nod.

*Good, almost ready so just a bit more.*

"Oh, good, seems like Becky's almost ready. Hold still I'll go grab a few things you'll need to have." (Huh, seems like she can't hear what Becky is saying to me but can see her.) Your hand is released and Nina moves away from you but not far enough that you can't hear her moving around. Soon she returns and puts some sort bands on your wrists and ankles and then moves away again and says "You'll need to move on your own for a bit so I'll sit over here and relax. You just do what Becky tells you to."

"Alright." (I suppose I don't need to know whatever the bands she put on my wrists and ankles are, they're far too light to be weights, maybe some sort of fitness trackers or something.)

*Seems like you're all set. Let me know instantly if anything hurts or feels wrong.*

"Will do."

*Now, raise your left hand for a few seconds* You comply.

*Good, now your right hand*

*Great, raise your both hands and squat.*

*Spread your hands out*

*Turn around while maintaing the position*

*You're doing great! Stand and lower your hands.*

*Bend over with your legs straight*

*Good, lift your head*

*Stand straight*

*Roll your head clockwise in a circle and then counter clockwise*

*Raise both hands*

*Stand on one feet*

*Now on the other*

*Well done, make fists and put them on your sides*

*Open your mouth wide*

*Stick out your tongue*

*Hold your right hand in front of you*

*Move it slightly to your left*

*Great!*

You wonder what the point of all this is while Becky continues to tell you to move in all sorts of ways. Even some of the more complex movements that require lot of corrections don't really feel very straining but you still start sweating a bit eventually. (I took a shower in the morning so I'm fine for now but if I'm going to sweat much more I'd really like to wash myself before tomorrow. Wait, is shower even an option with this headband on? Needing to wait the two or three days I'm supposed to wear it until taking a shower would suck. I suppose it wouldn't be super bad and I've gone longer without but it's been a while since I've last done that so hopefully the thing is either waterproof or I can take it off temporarily.)

*... Bend your left knee a bit and close your mouth*

*You're doing great! Now return to standing normally.* (How long will this go on? I think I should ask for some sort of explanation since doing this without one is starting to feel pointless and boring.)

"Umm, what's the point of all this?"

*Oh, right, we're just testing your mobility, getting some measurements and stuff like that to make sure that you won't get hurt.*

"I see." (Kind of vague, I guess there will be some sort of physical activity where mobility matters and it was sort of implied earlier that I'd get more clothes so measurements seem reasonble though this has been a weird way to take them.)

*Are you getting tired? Do you want to stop?*

"No, I'm good." (I kind of do but not because I'm tired and I'd rather just get this over with now since seems like we aren't done yet.) your stomach grumbles from hunger.

*Oh! You're hungry.* (Didn't really realize I was until now also the way she said that sounded like a weird mix of devastated and excited.)

*We'll stop for now.* (To get food I hope, having barely eaten any breakfast I'm starting to feel slighly weak.)

*Wait there a bit I'll come get you.* (Where was she? She must have seen me but she didn't seem to be in the same room)

You hear Nina stand up and move next to you. She takes your hand without saying anything. (Hmm, not sure what to think. I guess it's fine, it'd be weird to react to my hand being held now.)

"Uh... Well done and stuff, I take it we are done now?"

"Thanks and yeah I assume we're getting food or something since we stopped because of my stomach growling."

"Cool." She removes the wrist and ankle bands from you and continues holding your hand. (She's been pretty cool so far.)

Door opens

"Everything ok? How are you feeling? Any problems?" (She really worries way too much, it's nice in a way but kind of frustrating too.)

"Good, everything's fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You didn't hurt yourself earlier or get angry from being hungry?"

"Chill, he's fine and would have already said so if he wasn't."

"I-I'm just making sure. He might just not be comfortable enough to easily say it if something is indeed wrong."

"Umm, I'm fine really." Nina squeezes your hand a bit. (Is she telling me not to say more? Reassuring me that I don't need to worry about this situation? Anyway I guess I shouldn't interfere.)

"You worrying and asking about every little thing isn't going to make him more comfortable in fact it's probably doing the opposite." (I wouldn't put it like that but it's kind of true)

"That's... I mean he was too shy to admit he was simply hungry so he might be suffering terribly without saying anything about it." (I'm really not and even if I had been aware of how hungry I was it's such a minor thing, if it was anything more serious I'm sure I would have mentioned it right away.)

"Well sure but I doubt he'd be able to hide something like that if you're actually paying attention to him and listening to what he's saying. He has his own pride and doesn't want you to make him too conscious about needing to be taken care of." (That's right!... I think.)

"Huh, but... I'm supposed to..." (Hmm, I hope she doesn't take this too badly.)

"Look, all I'm really saying is that while you're doing a good job at looking after him but he's not as fragile as you seem to think he is and from now on instead of constantly asking if he's fine you should figure it out on your own without annoying him." (It wasn't really annoying but yeah, seems like she's basically repeating what I said earlier about not needing to be taken care of as much as Becky thinks is necessary. She probably has a better chance of convincing her about it than I do.)

"Oh... alright, you might be right, I'll try to do better." (Nice, for a bit I was afraid she would get pissed off or something instead of accepting what Nina was saying.)

"Great, that's all I'm asking for you idiot."

"Anyway, we should get going now..." she starts slowly moving away.

You quietly say to Nina "Umm... thanks for saying all that." (For real, I wasn't expecting her to believe what I said nevermind trying to help Becky understand she had the wrong impression of me.)

"No problem, you'll be here for a while so it's better to try to fix stuff like that before they cause too many issues."

With Nina holding your hand she follows Becky. Seems like you're going back to where you came from.

"Oh, so you're done?"

"Yeah, I figured he's getting hungry by now so I decided to stop and get some food."

(Ooh, already recovered from what Nina said and taking credit for the rumbling of my stomach, sneaky but I guess I'll let her seem more competent in front of her boss if she wants to.)

"Good, I was about to eat too so why don't I join you."

Next chapter will have food in it, what should the MC eat?
  • Lasagne Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Oatmeal Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Spinach soup Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Noodles Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Rice porridge Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Fish soup Votes: 4 7.5%
Total voters: 53
11