Chapter Six: Sweet (Esmeralda)
51 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The nervous look on Michael's face as soon as I confirmed that we'd be doing some more experiments was priceless.

I ported him out before he could weasel his way out again with that adorable little personality of his.

Such a serious boy, that is part of what makes him so cute.

I snapped out of my thoughts seeing Serene's towering figure approaching me lacking her normal brash self, as she was hanging her head and resting her hand on the back of it.

"I'm sorry about eavesdropping Mera, it's just Bloom gives me bad vibes like he is some sort of magnet for pain, and you know the reputation he has for… you know."

"Exterminating Fleets?"

"Well… I wouldn't have put it like that."

I roll my eyes and motion for her to come in and take a seat on the bench outside by the hedges, "Nah, the humans have a point when it comes to some of us." I say chuckling.

Serene leans back and lets my words sink in for a few minutes and  she turns with a slightly blue flushed face piercing me with those brilliant blue orbs as she straightens her flannel collar, "I am sorry for bringing up Bloom. I know you like him, it's just…The man is bizarre!"

I felt a grin creeping up, ohh. This is going to be good

She stands up and starts motioning towards the door, "You saw what he was wearing right?"

I nodded my head; of course why wouldn't I notice what he'd be wearing? It was different from his usual undertaker-esque appearance, he looked like a sweet professor that had just come off the job.

"Mera? You okay?"

"I am fine dear don't worry about me, continue,"

She looked at me with a strange look, "Why aren't you afraid he'll try to kill you? Almost every other Fleet he has left in a chalk outline for The Association to clean up. Mera… I couldn't detect him today."

I swiftly turned my head, "What?"

Her hands begin to shake as she stares at the ground, "Normally I can feel movements through the ground, you know, but it was like he was never there! The entire time he was walking I couldn't feel a Goddamned thing."

I wrap an arm around her shoulder patting her on the back, but I have to admit I was intrigued. He has never been able to do anything like that, nor have I ever given him any sort of charms to allow him to do so.

Serene turned back to me as she recomposed herself, "Hey, I am sorry Mo- I mean Mera. I didn't mean to bring up something so heavy and I was wondering if you know… I could borrow your car?"

"Ooooh! Does 'big, bad Serene' have a boooyfriend?" I say pushing her with a teasing tone.

Her face immediately flushes into a deep blue, "No! I mean, no. It is just a normal date and you know my car got totaled when those Imps tried breaking in last week and believe me I am sorry I never managed to catch them."

Oh, but I knew who did.

"Of course you can take the car, just be home before midnight alright?" I say with a smile.

She bends over and squeezes me with a crushing hug, "Thanks Mera I won't forget this!"

"Ribs… air, please." I barely manage to croak out.

She quickly let go and thanked me once more racing towards the door.

I wait to hear her take off before I float from the bench back to my divining room, locking the door behind me.

I sit in front of the crystal ball pouring my magic into it until I feel a slight daze overwhelm me. The ball grows dramatically in size and begins to glow, the candle light dies, and I can feel a cool mist wash over me as the picture in the ball becomes clear.

I see Him. His beautiful, scruffy, platinum hair, his hauntingly handsome face, with those twin purple gems seemingly staring in my direction.

I can't help but let a bit of my true self show as I feel my already ghastly mouth stretch from ear to ear into a needle-mouthed smile as I trace circles around his face.

This is something I'd never show Serene let alone Him. Such a shame he has all those nasty protections and wards that prevent me from scrying longer, however if I limit it to at least three minutes I have noticed the alarms never sound.

It hurts to breach his privacy like this, but I can't help it. It is in my species nature after all and besides it is hard not to fall for him.

For he is, my sweet Michael.


Sorry for the late upload, hope you enjoy. Please let me know what you think in the comments below.

4