Chapter 111 – The Dark Continent
280 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Above the tranquil sea of the real world, various sea creatures could be seen swimming freely without any worries, like sentient beings.

As wonderful as the world was, a heart filled with thoughts could not fully appreciate it.

Inside the time dilation bubble, Nameless appeared as a motionless stone statue from an outsider's perspective.

Not long after, he opened his eyes, the light within them dimming.

With the assistance of the second brain, all Nameless needed to do was submit input for them to transform his ideas into real solutions.

Dismantling the time dilation around him, Nameless' figure flickered and blurred before finally disappearing from this world.

With an increase in his energy capacity, his methods also improved in quality.

To him, whether a self-proclaimed god arrived in front of him with an army equal to his, they had nothing to hold against Nameless.

A conflict only held meaning when there was something to be gained from having it in the first place.

So, as long as they didn't pique Nameless' interest too much, they were free to live in their own delusion.

In the absence of a true king, even dogs and pigs called themselves kings and emperors.

Without any hindrance, Nameless arrived not far from the Dark Continent.

A place abstaining from moving forward in time due to the strange energy lingering from the distant past.

With his methods, Nameless could perceive the continent entirely without any problem.

The emerald green sea, a mere tale of fantasy, stretched far and wide around the Dark Continent. When it reached a certain distance from the outermost land surface, the discrepancy between good and bad became clear.

On one side was the calm and lively emerald sea, and on the other side was the gloomy, lifeless atmosphere.

The sky was black, as if a volcano had endlessly spewed dark smog into the air, and not even the strange "sun" could pierce its thick veil of dark clouds.

Below the oppressive black sky, the air remained unmoving and still, yet the sound of the wind could still be heard somehow.

Carrying desolate, unerasable memories that were tied to this land.

The sea water moved in a rhythmic way, creating a peculiar sight. As orderly as they were, it resembled a group of panicked people trapped inside a building, desperately trying to escape. At the same time, they feared causing mass hysteria, so they silently hastened their steps.

Approaching the land, the sand near the sea was as black as obsidian dust.

Nothing could be seen except for the vast expanse of pure black sand on the beach.

Moving deeper into the heart of the continent, the sand turned into soil, and this shift was evident.

The soil was blackish-brown, soft, and appeared neatly distributed. However, when one tried to touch it, it clung to the ground as if unwilling to separate. Its hardness surpassed that of steel, requiring formidable power to induce even slight changes.

There was no vegetation; only the remains of plants stood still, their shriveled, charred trunks occasionally appearing at great distances from each other.

The terrain only slightly varied in elevation before reaching the next zone.

The next zone was where natural features like rivers and mountains existed, deep in the heart of the continent, as if someone had deliberately relocated all these natural constructs to the center.

Mountains of various sizes were piled on top of each other, as if the one who moved them had realized they weren't paid enough and botched the subsequent procedure. There were upside-down mountains, mountains lying on their sides, and other unnatural formations that defied the typical mountain structure.

The river, on the other hand, was a continuous line that encircled these mountains in a closed loop manner.

One particular thing to note was the absence of any signs of sentient construction in this land; only the handiwork of nature could be observed.

As for the rest of the area, it was simply too chaotic to be adequately described with words.

Having finished his observation, Nameless found no clear purpose for visiting the Dark Land. ‘Everything here is equally unnatural,’ he thought.

However, seeing and touching would likely yield different results. Without any hesitation, he moved forward, entering the new world of the Dark Continent.

Despite the contrast in the drawing style of nature, he entered the territory of the Dark Continent.

Silence.

There was no sound, not even the slightest noise could be detected here. Even his own body seemed to be forcefully silenced.

His heart continued to beat, but no sound accompanied it. Even when Nameless was thinking, he couldn't hear his own thoughts!

Running various methods of investigation from his arsenal, he set out to gather data here before proceeding further.

There was a heavy drain on energy usage in this place, as if the ethereal energy that could create various miracles had encountered its enemy and was no longer freely altering the world but instead was shackled by a more powerful force.

The second brain employed various methods to adjust energy usage in this place before finally managing to adapt.

However, this adaptation wasn't equivalent to ignoring the restriction and gaining freedom but rather finding a better way to move without causing self-harm.

Naturally, the best way to learn about what had happened here would be to directly inquire about the world, just as Nameless had done when he exited the Heavenly Dao world.

But when he attempted the same trick, making adjustments to suit this place's restrictions, he found only a blank page.

He could still access information about the world, but there was nothing to be found here. Thus, he continued forward and entered the timeline, rewinding time in this place to witness with his own eyes what was happening here.

As before, when he touched time itself, he noticed that the trace of the strange energy became even more pronounced.

‘It is something that has proven to be everlasting, to the extent that not even time can bring about any change in it. Instead, time only serves to preserve its most authentic form.’

Nameless made his own deduction and ceased peeking at the timeline.

Numerous questions arose in his mind.

‘Why is it only in this area that the energy escapes the timeline and manifests in the physical world?’

‘What was that strange energy?’

‘Could this be a result of being above the god level?’

‘What lies above the god level?’

‘What transpired in this place to concentrate the energy to such an extent?’

As his thoughts continued to generate questions, Nameless gazed at the vast land before him. His eyes began to change, and his mind played out scenarios, attempting to imagine what might have transpired in this Dark Continent.

The first conclusion Nameless arrived at was that a great battle had taken place here, causing such a conspicuous phenomenon that had endured for eternity, impervious to the passage of time. However, this fact could imply one of two possibilities. Either one of the participants in this battle possessed god-like time-controlling abilities, or the situation was so extraordinary that even time itself was powerless against it.

As questions multiplied, and with his speculations in tow, Nameless was presented with a new scene.

The Dark Continent had transformed into a fiery battlefield, with shadows of beings engaged in combat.

However, due to his uncertainty regarding the scale of the battle and the identities of the combatants, the shadows constantly shifted in form and number.

While lost in thought, his second brain concluded its investigation.

Reviewing the data displayed in his mind, Nameless then turned his attention to the list of possible answers concerning the events of the past.

Ultimately, the most plausible deduction offered by the second brain was that a battle had indeed occurred.

‘A battle, huh?’ Nameless muttered absently, entertaining a somewhat audacious and absurd idea that even he found somewhat jarring.

‘No,’ he shook his head, ‘though the likelihood may be low, there is indeed a possibility that it truly happened.’

His mental activity slowed, and a new scene unfolded in his imaginative vision.

The world turned upside down, and various shadows were engaged in combat. Unlike before, the fight did not appear as chaotic.

He silently observed his imagination running wild before abruptly stopping it.

"Haha," he laughed silently. He attempted to laugh out loud, but due to the strange restrictions, no sound escaped his lips.

Returning to the vibrant world, Nameless could finally expand his senses and reclaim some fleeting semblance of sanity from his thoughts.

His eyes returned to their normal state as his mind initiated its preprogrammed self-help process, reconstructing Nameless's concept of self.

Then his eyes gleamed with a fierce light. ‘If I can't learn through scholarly means, then I want to see if it can withstand my strength.’

With no hope for a peaceful resolution, he was left with no choice but to resort to the most fundamental method to solve a problem.

1