The Darkened Highway Chapter Seven
229 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ben and I looked to the highway ahead, and we sat in silence over the next few miles. Ben thought deeply about someone breaking into the RV and stealing my stuff. I imagine what he was thinking. Some perverted freak from some shack in this forest had gotten inside, taking his girlfriend’s personal things. Not to mention she was alone all night in the woods. That animal she saw could have been a crazy lunatic! But I hadn’t told Ben that the animal had felt me up. That would have sounded crazy. I don’t believe whatever that creature was could be some freaky man. It wasn’t human but an animal, yes.

 

It was about midday by now. We’d been driving for about a half-hour. Ben slammed on the brakes, nearly giving me whiplash. A giant sequoia tree abruptly fell onto the road just yards in front of us. The sequoia redwood tree blocked the road ahead, and there was no way around it.

 

“Shit, that was close! Are you okay, sweetie?” Ben said.

 

“I’m fine, honey. What just happened?” I asked.

 

“We nearly got crushed by that tree. I noticed it leaning towards the road when it fell.”

 

“How are we supposed to get around it?”

 

“I’m going to need to use the jeep to wrench it out of the way.”

 

“Can you do all that by yourself?”

 

“Yeah, that shouldn’t be a problem.”

 

“Maybe we should turn back?” I questioned.

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea at this point.” He answered in a solemn voice.

 

“What do you mean?” I stuttered.

 

“If someone is following us and stalking you. Then it could be dangerous to turn back, and we might run into him or them.” Ben stated.

 

He leaned over to my side, kissing me and holding it for a long time. I held him tight before he exited the front cabin. Happy jumped out behind him as he shut the door. He’d locked all the other doors earlier. I don’t think he wanted me to get out, either. Fifteen minutes later, the jeep pulled around, stopping beside the cabin. Ben got out and came over to my side, knocking on the window. I let it down to hear what he wanted.

 

“I need you to drive the jeep while I hook it up to the tree.”

 

“Okay!”

 

I got out, locking the door as I closed it. Ben had the keys, so we were good. A strong wind hit me, blowing my dress over my face the moment I took a step. My entire nude body shivered in the icy breeze. Ben pulled my dress down, holding me tight. We stood there for a moment, embracing each other. I had the unceremonious feeling I’d just exposed myself to some creepy and strange thing. The feeling of being watched again hit me in waves. Only this time, there was this erotic tone to the feeling. Like someone had just gotten aroused at my expense.

 

Ben held my hand as he led me to the jeep. A warm, proactive aura came from him. Something was bothering him, and he was more alert than I’d ever seen him. I got in the jeep along with Happy. He’d jumped in, taking the passenger’s seat. I maneuvered the jeep into position for Ben. It was tough, but I made it work. He pulled the chain from the wrench out enough. A few minutes later, he’d secured the chain around the tree. He gave me the signal to pull. I shifted the gear to reverse. The tree lurched a few feet before he waved for me to stop. I waited for a few minutes while he was checking behind the jeep.

 

“I’m going to have to cut some of these trees down to make room for you to turn around. This might take a while.” Ben said after returning to my side.

 

“What do you want me to do?” I said.

 

“I want you to keep that beautiful behind of yours right here!” he said jokingly.

 

“Sure thing, babe!”

 

Ben disappeared from my view. We had tools we brought along for emergency purposes and for maintenance reasons at the cabin. I leaned back in the seat, thinking about Ben. He was worried about our situation. Were we in any kind of trouble? There was no proof except for the missing items. My mother would probably turn back at this point. She was very loving and very protective of me when I was younger. The only guy she ever let near me was Ben. She really took a liking to him. My mother would say that Ben reminded her of my father. Saying that he would do anything for me. I had fond memories of my father. We traveled often as I grew up, and I had become accustomed to long trips. We never stayed in one spot too long, but I appreciated getting to see the world.

___

The sound of Happy’s barking woke me up again. The sound of a chainsaw starting up meant Ben was still at work. I glanced at my watch, seeing I’d slept about half an hour. Happy was wagging his tail. That told me that Happy wanted to get out. I let him out, and he promptly went around back. A weird sound drew my attention to the rearview mirror. Ben was following Happy into the woods. He didn’t have a shirt on and was wearing trunks. I thought that was strange. For a second, I thought he would come back. After a while, he waved for me to go after him. There was an excited expression on his face as he waved for my attention. At his side, Happy was barking away.

 

The icy breeze slammed as I exited the jeep, flowing through my skin to my bones. I shivered as my dress flew over my face again, and the icy wind sent goosebumps from my spine to my buttocks and down my legs. I fought with my dress while the wind picked up, and after struggling with considerable effort, I finally secured my dress. Where were these mysterious breezes coming from? The wind kept its strength while I walked towards Ben, almost knocking me over. Strong gushes of the wind came in multiple waves every few seconds. By the time I reached where Ben had been, he was gone. I searched frantically in all directions before I caught sight of him dozens of yards in, smiling and calling for me to catch up.

 

None of this made sense, as I had to jog to keep him in my sight. I had the mindset of being like a little girl chasing a boy through the woods. There was a feeling of excitement as I followed his trail. My mind kept saying something was amiss, yet my body wanted to follow. Then there was the pain in my heart. A pain that desperately wanted Ben to be in my arms that radiated through my chest. I love Ben so much. Why was I thinking that now? He’s right in front of me. Even seeing him with my own eyes, there was the painful feeling that I’d done something wrong. The more I chased behind him and Happy, the more that feeling grew. It hurt so badly, but this exhilaration and amorous emotions overpowered the pain. A sense of freedom was present in my mind, but there was more to it than that. A deep primal, almost animalistic baser instinct was driving my emotions, and it echoed with forbidding need throughout my soul. They wanted what they wanted, and these feelings would get what they wanted.

 

Everything in my body and mind came to a head abruptly, like a burst of ecstasy, as I arrived at that mysterious and eerie tree again. It was darker here, with the wind blowing strongly like a beast in heat. The heavy overcast of the clouds blocked out the sun. A towering figure stood where I thought Ben was at. Those bright golden orbs stared at me with this dominant yet erotic glaze. I fell to my knees at the sight before me. What was this creature?

 

I covered my ears, looking down at the ground. The heavy vibration of footsteps shook the earth. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to wish the creature away. It would go away if I didn’t look at it or hear it. This thing wasn’t real. All this was my imagination running wild. Then I remembered that someone had taken things from the RV. Ben and I were gone long enough for a stranger to break in. What if that person is stalking me right now? An intense fear gripped my chest. I found myself alone again in this forest; this was the worst place to be if some psycho was stalking me. 

 

Then sharp steel-like claws touch my mid-back. They felt like crooked nails against my delicate skin. I waited for the pain to erupt from being cut, but the creature gently caressed my back. The tightness in my muscles relaxed as my body calmed a bit, to my surprise. Strong, toned arms wrapped around my waist, and all I made a whimper as I gazed into its glowing golden orbs. It slowly lifted my arms up, carefully removing my dress. I didn’t stop it from taking my only article of clothing off. The cold air turned to a warm embrace as the heat from him covered my naked body. The soft caressing of my breasts aroused me as he fondled me from behind. Its touch didn’t send chills down my spine, but in its place, a warm sensation swelled up between my legs. The creature’s heavy breathing heated my neck and back up. He squeezed my breast hard as an energy built up in my stomach.

 

I opened my mouth to say no, but only a soft sigh came out. An even louder sigh came as Ben's fingers slid across my crotch. My stomach convulsed at his touch. I tried to resist the urges as his finger slid inside my womb. That made me involuntarily moan louder than I expected. My vagina tightened around his finger as I experienced the most potent climax I’d ever felt. The sensation was akin to having a thousand orgasms all at once, and I cried out in pleasure and trembled with ecstasy. But he didn’t stop there. His finger caused me to climax dozens of times before I collapsed from the strain. Heated sweat drenched my body and gave me the feeling of being used up, with no energy left. My body was burning up, and steam appeared to rise from my skin. An intense pain burned under my left breast and right thigh. My body was lifted and placed under the mysterious and eerie tree a moment later. It had to be bigger than the sequoia tree that blocked the road. I lay there, totally spent from the ordeal. Held in the arms of something I couldn’t understand. 

 

When I tried to think of Ben, I could barely recall his face, let alone remember his name. It was a hazy jumble of memories that seemed distant. All that mattered to me was the embrace that engulfed me now. The thought of some perverted creep was the furthest thing from my mind, save for Ben.

___

A faint barking sound woke me up again. It was close to nightfall. Happy ran up to me, licking my feet and toes as per his custom, and Ben was not far behind him. I lay in a bed of leaves that covered my entire body. The tree I had spent the night before was looming over me. 

 

“Where the hell did you run off to?” Ben said, panting.

 

“Where did you and Happy run off to? I followed you out here then…” I paused.

 

“Then what?”

 

“I don’t remember,” I whispered.

 

“Hannah, why did you go off by yourself again? I wasn’t in the forest, remember?” Ben said, stressed.

 

“You didn’t wave for me to follow you?” I asked, puzzled.

 

“No, I found you were gone, nowhere to be seen after Happy was barking at something,” Ben revealed.

 

“I could have sworn you were calling for me to follow you!”

 

“I don’t know what to say. Happy and I have been looking for you for hours. I had to turn the RV around and come back a few miles just to find you.”

 

“What???”

 

“Babe, your dress was over a mile down back the way we came. The pink one you put on this morning.”

 

“I dunno what happened. What is happening?” 

 

“I don’t know either. All I can say is most of your clothes are gone. Someone must have gotten back into the Camper again. We have to get you back to where it’s safe.”

 

For the second time today, Ben carried me back out of this dark forest. Without him even saying a word, I sensed the worry in him, and he was in fear for me. What did I see earlier? Why can’t I remember what happened? By the time we got to the camper, it was now well into the night. This time, all the doors to the RV were open, and all the lights were on. If there was a doubt that someone was fucking with us, it was apparent now. The panties I had lost lay on the road with bloody stains. Somehow I knew that blood was from me, but it wasn’t from any wound. My hand subconsciously covered my mound. I started my period just the other day.

2