2 – Peter Was Killed By A Lizard-man
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2.1

His second life was good and as normal as the first one. He was the normal average child in a normal average mid-class family. His life was a breeze.

There was no murderous killer dressed as a beloved dinosaur but there was a murderous dinosaur dressed as a beloved human.

Peter, formerly known as Darren stared at the television while eating his store-brand cereal that tastes like cardboard box. The news was reporting of the sighting of a lizard man shape leaving a murder scene while shape-shifting into a human. All of it was caught on camera.

Not only the sudden appearance of lizard-men shocked the world, but the fact that its human appearance was of a famous celebrity was shocking as well.

Such plot, Peter had heard it as a conspiracy theory in his first life. Who would have guessed it was a reality in this life?

He took another go with the cereal. Lizard-men or not, it was none of his concern. There was no way he would come across with one.

He was a bystander, an existence who served as a space filler in this universe. God would not arrange an exciting fate for a side character.

But that was where Peter was wrong. He was not a side character.

He was cannon fodder whose fate was to die for someone's amusement.

And the only one who can change his fate was that someone as well.

 


2.2

Peter panicked. How could have this happened to him? Why had he done to deserve such a cruel fate?

The door shook as something heavy hit it with full force. It was a lizard-man.

The lizard-man was someone Peter knew, his English teacher. The poor man who received absolutely no respect from the students due to his shabby look and shy demeanor. Peter never partake in the act of bullying but he had never say anything to defend him either.

A part of him said that he was just being a neutral party while another part of him said that he was enabling the bullying by allowing it to happen.

A realistic part of him said, what could one child do to defend an adult from the hands of a group of other children? What if the bullying was directed to him instead? Who will save him then?

So Peter never look at the English teacher again, hoping he would find a way to defend himself in the future.

However.

Peter did not expect for the teacher to rip off his human skin and bit off a student's head. Blood splattered everywhere.

Instantly, the room filled with shrill screams and cries of fears.

Peter had experience. The moment the teacher ripped off his skin, his flight or fight switch instantly flipped and he rushed out of the classroom.

This time, he got both of his legs.

He can escape.

But boy, was he wrong.

 


2.3

The entrance of the building was locked when the class was in session. So he locked himself in the musty toilet.

Who would have known the lizard-man would find him?

The door shaken again. Peter saw something fell from the door frame. He prayed it was not the screws. Then, he heard a painful shriek. It sounded like a sound effect that came out of Jurassic movie.

"Wow, that's new."

Peter tilted his head like a confused dog and then flinched when he heard someone's screaming in anger.

"YOU BASTARD!"

It was a throaty voice that one would expect from a reptilian villain in a superhero movie. He instantly thought it belongs to the lizard-man.

A crash resounded and he could feel the wall shaking. It sounded so far from the toilet.

Peter doesn't know what possessed him to unblock the toilet door and went out. But he did.

What greeted him was the sight of a heavily wounded lizard-man and the back of a girl with a sword.

His mind instantly made a connection to the person who saved him from B*rney.

The aura they exuded was the same. Could it be that the person was reincarnated with him as well?

She noticed his presence but ignored it.  She was still annoyed that a lizard managed to fall into her highly-anticipated once a month chocolate smoothie. There was no way she would allow this brethren of her enemy to escape. Her opponent was the lizard-man and she sure as hell don't care about some side characters.

But the lizard-man do.

He fakes a step to the left and as the girl lean in that direction, he instantly threw himself onto Peter.

"Get away or he dies."

Peter was choked and lifted into the air.

The girl finally was facing towards him but he can't see her face with his conscious slowly slipping away due to lack of air.

The girl snickered.

"Go ahead, I don't like boys."

Enraged, the lizard-man threw Peter to the walls of lockers and ran away. The girl followed suit, not even sparing a bat of an eyelash for Peter.

That was the end of Peter's life.

1