4 – Kain Was The Strongest Knight
41 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3.4

The air was filled with the screams of the knights and the roar of the dragon. A breath of fire and the knights parted like the red seas. Kain fought with a troubled heart.

Every once and awhile, his eyes darted to the tower. Sometimes his eyes and the princess would locked onto each other. It does not felt as romantic as it should be

Averting the sight from the enemy was a big mistake. The dragon noticed the lack of attention from Kain and rushed to engulf him with its fireball.

But everything was under his control.

Kain casted a rebound spell and the dragon was hit by its own flames. It was furious and coughed blood. How can a knight cast a spell? The meathead should use only their muscle to fight! Using magic is cheating!

Kain knew that physical strength alone was not enough, he had played enough games in his previous life to know that magic would give a boost in his stats.

Unaware by Kain, his usage of magic piqued the interest of the princess. Her eyes shined, to think there will be someone so strong. The mischievous heart of hers started to shook.

How far can she push that knight?

 


3.5

The princess was normally useless. She could only perform a basic form of healing and can barely lift up a weapon. As per what princess was commonly used for, she only existed as a political tool.

But the princess right now was someone whose strength was beyond heavens.With a smirk, she raised the strength of the dragon.

Kain noticed the sudden increase of magical energy from the dragon. He quickly found the source of the buff and it came from the tower.

His heart boiled with anger.

Before the dragon could even take advantage of its newly acquired power, Kain quickly buffed his fellow knights with spells that increase their strength and launched an all out attack.

The buff could only last for 30 seconds, they don't have much time.

But 30 seconds was all they needed.

The head of the dragon was separated from its body. Blood splattered onto the body of the knight who beheaded it, covering him from head to toe like a dullahan hunting for victims. Kain didn't stay for victory roar, he dashed to the tower and captured the princess. He had the feeling that the princess was the person who wield the sword in his two previous lives.

If it was really truly that person, he could have guessed what is her goal.

Kain cannot control his anger and grabbed the princess with all the strength he had left. Just a bit, but it has already left a red mark on her pale wrist.

"People could have died!"

The princess flinched and then take a look at the field down below. It was charred to black and the living plants on it had turned to coal. The knight was right, the dragon could have killed them.

She smirked.

"That's the point, knight."

Before Kain could even get a retort on her, she immediately fainted. She fell right on top of him. Kain let her rest on his chest, his hands holding onto her waist to hold her up.

After a few minutes, she woke up of her own volition. The princess appeared to be confused at first but then stood straight up as soon as she realized she was in Kain's embrace.

"Lord Kain?! Oh dear, pardon me for being so rude-!"

He stared, and stared. The itch had disappeared along with the arrogant princess who jerk off of people's misery.

What left behind to clean the mess was the gentle and elegant princess.

The real, true princess.

He sighed, that person apparently can possessed people.

Great.

 


3.6

His life went smoothly after that. The sadistic person never appeared before him ever again. He was sure of it.

He did however ruined a bit of his reputation in the eyes of the castles’ maids as he was found repeatedly stalking the princess. Kain just wanted to be make sure that that person won't suddenly appeared in the princess's body again.

But then it gave him another thought.

What if they could possessed another person?

Kain was hit with a severe case of paranoia for a few years and had to retreat to the countryside to heal his shaken mind. He cannot help it, he knew with his soul that that person was strong. Stronger than what he could possibly be.

And he realized another thing.

Kain was just another existence that was at their mercy. Just like Darren and Peter.

As he grew older and becoming weaker, he hoped for his soul to exit the wheel of samsara, for this will be his last reincarnation.

He was tired.

Put him in hell or heaven, just end his suffering.

But that's not how it worked. His red string of fate to that person was still strong and steady.

2