Chapter 3
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the car drove for a while, Meng Xiaotian covered his face with his coat and fell asleep.

    The ticket inspector walked from the next compartment to this compartment and began to check the tickets one by one. Yin Guo took the mobile phone from Meng Xiaotian's hand, found the electronic ticket, asked the ticket inspector to check the ticket, and put his cousin's mobile phone back.

    She sat up straight.

    Lin Yiyang also happened to reply to WeChat——

    Lin: You're welcome.

    Four words, very short. The transfer was also confiscated.

    Yin Guo didn't have Meng Xiaotian's familiar temperament. He stared at the phone for a while, put it aside, and thought to himself, let's talk about it when we meet. Not long after, the car stopped at a small station, and there were only a few passengers on the platform outside the window waiting to get on the train. Yin Guo looked around the carriage, there were not many people in the first place, but at this stop, two people went down, and there were less than ten people in the carriage.

    It's okay to go to the bathroom, she pushed her cousin to wake up: "I'm going to the bathroom."

    Meng Xiaotian agreed vaguely.

    Yin Guo carried her own bag on her back, and Meng Xiaotian's backpack was enough to get down and stuffed under his legs.

    Two minutes after Yin Guo left, a Chinese man came here from the back carriage. He was the man with glasses that day.

    Just got in the car.

    Because Meng Xiaotian's face was covered by his clothes, the man with glasses had no chance to recognize him, so he walked past this carriage, followed the prompt on his phone, walked forward, passed through two carriages, and saw Lin Yiyang's luggage bag.

    Looking at the window again, it was him.

    The black woman next to Lin Yiyang just stood down with her baby in her arms, and the seat next to him was empty.

    "Fortunately, we caught up," Wu Wei pushed Lin Yiyang to go to the window, while he sat outside, unbuttoned his winter clothes, and panted, "I'm afraid I won't be able to catch up with you."

    Lin Yiyang knew what he was here for, so he didn't say anything.

    Wu Wei said: "Everyone is about to arrive, but you ran away, what's the matter?"

    Lin Yiyang pulled up the neckline of his sportswear to cover most of his face, trying to avoid this chatterbox.

    Wu Wei tried to tear his clothes.

    Lin Yiyang closed his eyes, put his head on the car window, and said in a low voice, "I bought the kids a drink that day, I ran out of money, and I have no money to buy a ticket."

    "I'll go." Wu Wei took out his wallet and opened it to show him, "Look, how much is left, we spend it together, live and die together."

    After Wu Wei shook him a dozen times, he sat up helplessly and glanced at Wu Wei's wallet.

    Two poor ghosts, half a catty.

    ...

    The train arrived in Washington, D.C. before dark.

    There was also a two-day suspension of classes due to the Blizzard shutdown, and it just returned to normal yesterday.

    Meng Xiaotian has been looking for the hamburger chain store that Lin Yiyang mentioned since he got off the train. He walked all the way to the exit, and finally saw the eye-catching signboard, which is next door to Starbucks. Now that I have seen it, I must satisfy my cousin's wish and go buy something to eat. Yin Guo calculated the time, and there was no major problem, so she took Meng Xiaotian into the burger shop.

    Not long after, Wu Wei pulled Lin Yiyang's sports bag strap and walked this way: "Quick, take the bus."

    Lin Yiyang was dragged forward.

    Wu Wei didn't have enough money to buy a train ticket, so he tried his best to buy two discounted bus tickets just now. It's been whispering in Lin Yiyang's ears since an hour ago, that he went bankrupt and bought a bus ticket. If Lin Yiyang doesn't go back to New York with him, he's not brother enough, he's unkind, he's a wolf...

    Lin Yiyang listened to the four-character idioms for an entire hour.

    Having known each other for many years, he knows that Wu Wei has all the attributes of a dog's skin plaster, and he is very tough. I will definitely not escape today, and I will definitely go back to New York.

    Lin Yiyang, who was hungry, stood still, looked around, and saw a hamburger restaurant.

    He was wondering if he should get something to eat first.

    Forget it, I will go to the bus later to see if I can buy a piece of pizza to eat. If I am lucky, I may run into one for a dollar.

    "Is there anything edible in the bag?" he asked.

    "Yes, of course."

    Wu Wei opened his backpack, dug out for a long time, found 1/3 piece of chocolate, and gave it to Lin Yiyang.

    The chocolate was wrapped in foil, crumpled and twisted into a ball.

    He unwrapped the tinfoil and bit his mouth. If Wu Wei hadn't given it to him, he would really have been unable to bite it. He clenched the tinfoil into a ball, threw it into the trash can, and followed Wu Wei out of the train station.

    Two minutes later.

    At the entrance of the hamburger shop, Meng Xiaotian came out with a hamburger in his mouth, and Yin Guo bowed his head to ask for a car.

    "What should we treat him to? Have you eaten any delicious food in Washington?" Meng Xiaotian asked.

    "It's all average," Yin Guo said, "This is not a city famous for its gourmet food. If you want to eat good food, there are more in New York."

    Meng Xiaotian didn't ask why, took out his mobile phone, and decided to ask Lin Yiyang for his opinion.

    Anyway, if you are going to invite him to dinner, let him choose.

    "bad."

    "What's wrong?"

    Meng Xiaotian showed Yin Guo the chat records.

    Tian Tian: My sister and I have also arrived in DC. Make an appointment for dinner tonight, Brother Lin.

    Lin: Good fun, I'm back in New York. ? ?

    Yin Guo and Meng Xiaotian looked at each other for a full two seconds.

    She looked down at Uber, the car was almost here.

    "Where to?" Meng Xiaotian was completely at a loss.

    "Go to the hotel," Yin Guo looked outside, the weather in Washington is better than New York, "Anyway, it's all booked, let's have fun."

    Holding her breath, she couldn't hold back and kicked Meng Xiaotian: "It's a waste."

    Meng Xiaotian knew he was in the wrong, so he begged for mercy.

    The siblings looked at each other, they didn't hold back, they all laughed. Really inexplicable trip to Washington.

    "I'll give you five minutes, hurry up and take pictures," Yin Guo pointed around.

    She knows very well that first-time tourists like to take pictures, so she takes the initiative to avoid it, eats her own burger, and after eating, when she is looking for trash cans, her cousin has already come back from a circle: "Let's go. "

    Yin Guo said "hmm", and saw that the trash can was actually behind her, and for some reason, she became blind just now. She rolled up the wrapper of the hamburger, threw it into the trash can, and left the train station with her cousin.

    Before Meng Xiaotian left the station, he specially took photos of the burger restaurant. As soon as he got on the bus, he happily posted it on Moments.

    Tiantian: Recommended by one of the most handsome men I have ever seen in my life. [Heart]

    She loves to contradict her cousin, and retorts below as usual.

    Xiaoguo: [curling lips] Not very handsome, deceiving the public.

    Zheng Yi replied to Xiaoguo: Do you have any photos? I have been listening to your brother for the past two days, but I have not seen anyone, and my heart is itching.

    Reply to Zheng Yi every day: Of course I won’t lie to you, if I were a woman, I would definitely fall in love with her.

    Xiaoguo replied to Zheng Yi: Ordinary, ordinary people, my brother is exaggerating.

    Reply to Xiaoguo every day: Can you seek truth from facts?

    Zheng Yi replied to Xiaoguo: Yes, seek truth from facts, and no personal emotions are allowed.

    Xiaoguo replied to Tiantian: Well, I admit, it’s not bad.

    Meng Xiaotian was sitting in the front row. When he saw Yin Guo admitting defeat, he turned around and winked at her.

    Yin Guo grimaced and pointed out the car window, meaning: take a picture quickly.

    Museums and municipal buildings began to appear regularly on the side of the road. The driver of the reservation car was a middle-aged Caucasian woman. Seeing Meng Xiaotian holding up her mobile phone, she slowed down and enthusiastically told him the names of each building. Bring a suitcase, guess they are not here for tourism, ask them if they are here to study.

    After going back and forth, he chatted with the driver, from the construction to the university in Washington, the driver first mentioned Georgetown, and he felt that the school was expensive, and the foreign students who came here were all rich people.

    "Did you hear what the driver said?" Meng Xiaotian asked in a low voice.

    Yin Guo nodded. She remembered Zheng Yi's first year here, including tuition fees, room and board, ski vacations, etc., really spent a lot in one year. But that young lady is used to being extravagant, and she can't set a standard.

    She was thinking about Zheng Yi, but Meng Xiaotian was thinking about Lin Yiyang, and she came to a conclusion: Brother Lin is a rich man.

    The car drove for twenty minutes and sent them to the hotel.

    As soon as she entered, she went to the front desk, anxious to confirm the room, handed the passports and credit cards of the two to the front desk staff, communicated about the reservation situation, and waited for the other party to handle the check-in procedures.

    Looking at Moments again, there is a reminder that there is a new reply.

    Click on it, it's under the picture of the hamburger——

    Lin: There is a family L near the White House, it’s not bad, try it.

    ...

    Bad, completely forgot, he can see Meng Xiaotian's circle of friends.

    Except for Zheng Yi's reply, he could see everything he and his cousin said, without missing a single sentence.

    It's too oolong.

    It is equivalent to discussing Lin Yiyang's appearance enthusiastically in front of Lin Yiyang, which is more embarrassing than checking his ID card that night.

    She read her message several times, and the more she read, the tighter her chest became.

    How did you forget it?

    Seeing that she had been looking at the hamburger picture, Meng Xiaotian found Lin Yiyang's message belatedly, and couldn't help laughing: "Fortunately, you finally told the truth, otherwise it would be even worse."

    She was so angry that she elbowed her cousin.

    The front desk of the hotel completed the formalities and put the passport, key card and signing slip in front of Yin Guo.

    Yin Guo picked up the pen, still thinking about those few messages, signing her name, and thinking about those few messages.

    delete it? Everyone has seen it. Don't delete it, it's so eye-catching to leave it there.

    "How is this restaurant? Have you eaten there?" the cousin asked her.

    Yin Guo was full of thoughts and didn't hear.

    Meng Xiaotian turned to ask the staff who checked them in, is this restaurant far away? Is it worth going?

    When the brunette beauty heard the name of the restaurant, she immediately recommended it. The century-old restaurant is next to the White House, and congressmen often eat there, so many people go there because of its name. Best of all, they are within walking distance of the hotel, very close.

    Meng Xiaotian was moved: "I'll check the phone number and make a reservation?"

    "Let's go tomorrow, I'm too lazy to move." Yin Guo was still immersed in the incident of leaving a message, lacking interest.

    She returned the signing slip to the staff, took back her passport and credit card, and looked down at the room number on the door card.

    Meng Xiaotian was next to him, as if he was chatting with someone, and when he got into the elevator, he suddenly smiled at her and said, "The handsome guy told me that I'm sorry for causing us to make this trip in vain, and he invited me for this meal."

0