Chapter 14
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The long hair slipped quietly from her ears, and she swept over the phone, her fingers hanging on the screen of the phone couldn't fall down,

    The time jumped to the next minute, and it seemed like a century had passed...

    "Is the signal bad?" Lin Yiyang asked suddenly.

    "Ah?" Yin Guo was startled and looked up at him.

    He put away his mobile phone, stood up, stretched his waist and said, "The signal here is not good, and we can't connect to WeChat. Go out and smoke a cigarette."

    After finishing speaking, he passed by the uncle next to him. The uncle is about 1.8 meters tall, with a burly figure, weighing about 180 kilograms. Lin Yiyang is about the same height as the uncle, but he looks taller because of his thinness. He walked behind the uncle, with such a contrast in stature, his walking posture was more like that of a lazy boy in his early twenties.

    Yin Guo watched him leave the laundry room.

    The burly uncle also watched him go, and said "hey": "You two don't talk, you think you are from some country. Are you arguing? Look at this low pressure, I can only hum."

    The uncle smiled, picked up a stack of clothes, and left.

    Yin Guo glanced at WeChat again, put her head in her arms, and lay down on the long table.

    In the shadow surrounded by his arms, he opened his eyes and looked at his shoes——

    Just now my mind was empty, but now there are hundreds of thoughts flying out, fragmented, messy, and totally illogical. I even wondered if I was joking, but no one joked like that. It doesn't matter if you are separated, or face to face.

    He suddenly said that the signal was not good, and the person left, so he wanted to take this matter with him, right?

    Should I pretend I didn't see it?

    ***

    Outside the laundry room, Lin Yiyang stood for a while.

    The burly uncle came out with a stack of clothes in his arms, and was taken aback by him. After seeing clearly that it was him, he smiled knowingly, winked at the inside, and said softly: "Go in."

    The uncle expected that his sensible departure would satisfy the quarreling couple, and then hummed a song and walked up the stairs.

    Lin Yiyang put his hands in his pockets, took two steps outside the door, and left the apartment.

    He came down with few clothes on, and was too cold to stand in the wind, so he backed up and leaned against the door, using the door to shelter from the wind, and took out a traditional white cigarette by the way, snapped, snapped, and connected It took five or six times to light a cigarette.

    It's true that I feel a little regretful, so I asked urgently.

    I guess I didn't sleep well for two or three days, and I came back from a dizziness. I took a hot shower, and I felt so relaxed.

    The atmosphere just now was so good, it was confiscated for a while, and I was impulsive.

    He is a person who believes in how much he gives and how much he gets in return. He thinks that chasing girls is the same, and he hasn't done anything yet, and he doesn't expect people to really look at him, just take it slowly.

    Take your time, Lin Yiyang.

    Lin Yiyang took three deep breaths, puffed out the smoke, took out his cell phone and called Wu Wei upstairs: "Take a piece of clothing and come down, I don't need you, let Anmei come down."

    Chen An'an was the one who talked the least, and he was all about billiards besides billiards, let him come down and be clean.

    Sure enough, Chen An'an ran down after a while and stuffed the clothes into his arms without saying a word.

    "I'm bored, but you're even more bored than me," Lin Yiyang teased him, "I haven't seen you for more than ten years, don't you want to talk to me?"

    Chen An'an smiled restrainedly, and took a cigarette from Lin Yiyang's hand: "Isn't it because you let me down because you don't want to hear them make fun of you?"

    If you don't speak, it doesn't mean you don't know clearly.

    Lin Yiyang was amused, and rubbed Chen Anan's hair: "You're still so short, and you're not tall."

    Chen Anan tilted her head and avoided it.

    "Brother, light it for you." Lin Yiyang took the initiative to surround Chen An'an with his hands and light a cigarette.

    Chen An'an is a person who doesn't like to talk and has rich and sensitive emotions. He always feels that this action is like going back to the past, his eyes are red, and before he has time to light a cigarette, he has already hugged Lin Yiyang tightly. He is short, only reaches the bridge of Lin Yiyang's nose, and then buryes his head on Lin Yiyang's shoulder, like a big girl.

    Lin Yiyang was afraid that he would cry, so he patted him on the back with a cigarette in his mouth: "Hold him loosely, you are like this, people will misunderstand. How can I find a wife?"

    "Get out of here." Chen An'an cursed in a nasal voice.

    Lin Yiyang was amused and pulled Chen Anan away. The two brothers were outside the apartment door, shivering at a few degrees below zero, chatting about the past that had never met. Chen Anan's eyes turned red from time to time, and he wanted to sneak into Lin Yiyang's arms. Lin Yiyang smiled and shabby him. There are so many students upstairs, and it's embarrassing not to put on the teacher's air like this.

    ***

    After Yin Guo finished washing and drying the clothes, she returned to the apartment with a pile of clothes.

    All the guests left, Wu Wei sent his brothers off, and Lin Yiyang was cleaning up the room.

    In the living room, only a simple floor lamp was on.

    When Yin Guo closed the door of the apartment with his backhand, Lin Yiyang was throwing the glass into the sink, picking up a rag, and cleaning the bar. Yin Guo looked at him across the bar.

    Lin Yiyang thought she wouldn't talk to him, but she didn't expect her to ask first, "Are you going back tomorrow?"

    He nodded: "Yes."

    "Morning? Or afternoon? If it's afternoon, will you have time to go to Brooklyn?" Before Lin Yiyang could answer, she said, "I'm just asking casually. If you're busy next week, you can do it."

    Lin Yiyang was about to agree, but Yin Guo didn't give him this chance, so he walked into the bedroom in two steps.

    Looking at the closed door, he put the white rag on the bar, put his hands on the edge of the bar, looked at the counter, looked at it for a while, and suddenly smiled. What kind of broken table is this, so ugly? Get a new one another day.

    And Yin Guo in the room was still standing by the door with his hand on the doorknob, distracted.

    What are you panicking, I haven't finished asking. So is he going or not? Do you still have to ask on WeChat?

    Now she opened the WeChat window and dared not speak.

    Those three sentences are still the end.

    Suddenly, the door was knocked.

    She let go of the doorknob abruptly, her heart beating violently, and through a door she heard Lin Yiyang from outside saying: "Don't open the door, make an appointment."

    Her heart was pounding, but she said nothing.

    "Leaving at ten o'clock, what do you think?"

    Yin Guo said "hmm".

    The people outside probably didn't hear it, so they paused for two seconds and said, "It's fine at half past ten."

    "Ten o'clock," she finally said, her voice astringent, "ten o'clock."

    ...

    Outside the door, Lin Yiyang put his hands on the door frame, lowered his head, and whispered to the door: "See you tomorrow."

    The girl's voice answered him, see you tomorrow.

    Lin Yiyang stood by the door for a while, when Wu Wei came back and saw this scene, he thought he was dazzled. What is this for? Just finished a private meeting? Kiss? What about aftertaste by the door? This process is a bit fast, isn't it just a date in the laundry room for a while?

    Lin Yiyang turned his head, picked up the rag from the table, was too distracted, and used the rag as a towel to wipe his face.

    Fortunately, in the end, under Wu Wei's thieves' eyes, he threw the rag into the pool.

    Wu Wei looked suspiciously at Lin Yiyang, who turned around, and stared at him, watching him tidy up the house in a decent manner, annoyed that he didn't forcefully deliver clothes for Anmei just now. Anmei, who can't get a fart out of three sticks, asked for a long time without saying anything. She wasted the only spot to peek at Lin Yiyang's date.

    In the early morning, Yin Guo still didn't fall asleep.

    She was afraid that Wu Wei or Lin Yiyang would still be using the computer in the living room, hugging the quilt, sitting by the window and quietly making voice calls. At the beginning, he hesitated, talked about him from left to right, talked about washing clothes for a long time, and even complained that drying was not as good as drying in the sun. Zheng Yi thought she was sharing her life experience, and was still complaining about her. When she first came here to study, she didn’t know that she was not allowed to hang clothes outdoors, so she hung them outside the dormitory window. She was warned by her classmates that it was illegal, so she hurriedly fished them back. ...

    Zheng Yi, blah blah, talked for a long time.

    Yin Guo finally hesitated and asked her: "In the past, when someone confessed to you, what did you say?"

    "Why? Someone is chasing you?"

    Yin Guo defended: "It's a girl from my club who is consulting me. I don't know what to suggest."

    "What did you say? How did you confess? You have to tell me before you can give me any advice."

    She recited it verbatim: "'Can you tell I want to chase you?'"

    Zheng Yi savored this sentence: "It doesn't sound too serious."

    Have it?

    Yin Guo felt that he was serious: "Assuming he is serious, how do you reply?"

    "It depends on the situation. If I like him, I can say, 'I can't see it? How about you be more obvious?' If I don't like it... then I won't reply. When he finds a way to go down by himself, this matter is over. Yeah, pretend it didn't happen."

    Yin Guo pondered, it seems that people have very different ways of dealing with things. Thousands of people and faces.

    The reason why I dare not reply is because I don’t know how to word it and how to respond—I am afraid that if I say “I don’t see it”, people will mistakenly think that I am refusing, and I am also afraid that if I say “I can see it”, it will make him mistakenly think that I have agreed.

    She didn't understand it herself.

    Aren't you here for the game? So what are you doing now? Consider the possibility?

    Yin Guo lamented and covered her head with the quilt, and decided in a self-defeating way: I don't want to.

    It is now March, the junior and youth divisions are about to start, and the official open competition is next month. She returned home immediately after the game, and he was here, so there was no chance to meet him.

    She wakes up at six o'clock.

    On weekdays, both Wu Wei and her cousin wake up early. When she wakes up, they usually go out, one plays and the other works part-time to make money, so she is always free in the apartment. Today I opened the door and went out, wanting to go to the bathroom, but found that the light was on inside.

    Yin Guo was wearing a white sportswear with flannelette inside to keep warm, so it wouldn't be cold to wander around in the living room.

    She sat on the sofa and waited for the bathroom man to come out. Not too sleepy, with his head down, the slippers on his feet kicked up and down, hitting the ground, and hitting the ground again. Lin Yiyang came out of the bathroom, and this was the scene she saw. She lowered her head, her long hair covered most of her face, and she was still dozing off in a daze.

    "Waiting for the bathroom?" he asked.

    Yin Guo raised her head and met his gaze: "Ah? Yes, are you done?"

    Lin Yiyang stepped aside to open the bathroom door, and Yin Guo walked around him.

    The two passed by, and she could smell the fragrance of his body sensitively, the smell of just taking a shower. Didn't you wash it last night? Wash twice a day?

    She closed the door and locked it, and saw several men's toiletries that she had never seen before by the sink in front of the mirror. Not Wu Wei's, nor his cousin's. Yin Guo guessed it was his and found a razor.

    He actually used a blade, not an electric one. It's amazing, won't it be scratched?

    Outside the door, Lin Yiyang touched his chin. In fact, after he took a shower and shaved, he found that the towel was too old, so he wanted to come out and change a new towel, before he had time to tidy up the bathroom. But when he saw Yin Guo, he couldn't say much, so he let her in first.

    It's just six o'clock, I didn't expect her to get up so early. I have been too tired this week, and I was afraid that I would sleep for the whole morning, so I got up early and went for a run, came back to take a shower, and went to Brooklyn with her soberly.

    After Yin Guo washed up, she looked at her face in the mirror, she didn't sleep well, and a pimple appeared on her chin.

    But it's really time, she gestured with her index finger, annoyed that she didn't have the habit of wearing makeup, otherwise, having concealer should be able to solve the urgent need. The bangs on her forehead were a little wet from washing her face. She pressed a paper towel to absorb the water, and then pushed it away with her fingers. It became more natural.

    Back in the living room, Lin Yiyang was frying eggs: "Wu Wei has gone to Boston."

    "Leaving at five o'clock," he said, pointing to two white plates with fried French fries in them: "Breakfast together?"

    Yin Guo agreed, and added "Thank you".

    Breakfast without incident.

    A peaceful lobster pasta date.

    Lin Yiyang went to dinner with her carrying a big sports bag, which contained computers and sundries. It seemed that he didn't have enough time, and he had to go directly to the train station from Brooklyn. The two said goodbye in the subway, there were many people, and Lin Yiyang was catching the train again, so he didn't bother to say a few more words. In the transfer station, they waved to each other, turned around and walked on their respective roads.

    The line Yin Guo was going to take was full of passengers, so when she went to the platform, there were many people waiting for the train. After all, it was the first time for her to ride by herself, praying for the best car, with station announcements and electronic screens.

    Two minutes later, a light appeared at the end of the track, and the subway rumbled in, exactly the line she was waiting for.

    Yin Guo followed several people into the carriage and glanced left and right.

    "Go to the right." The person behind instructed her.

    So familiar——

    She turned her head and looked at him with wide eyes. It was Lin Yiyang who had already turned around and went to another subway line to catch the train.

    Lin Yiyang also just got into the car, and there was someone behind him, so he pushed her to the right and made her sit in front of him, the only vacant seat.

    Yin Guo couldn't keep up with the steps and movements, so she sat down and passively leaned back in the chair.

    And because there were so many people in the carriage, Lin Yiyang stood very close to her, with his legs next to her knees, even intersecting her legs...

    "Aren't you going to catch the train?" Yin Guo asked softly in Chinese.

    Lin Yiyang bowed his head and said, "I'm afraid you're sitting on the wrong station."

    The first time he took the subway, Yin Guo complained about the New York subway, and he still remembers it. Not long after he left, he still chased after him and saw Yin Guo on the platform in the distance in time, luckily he caught up.

    Yin Guo pointed to the electronic display screen: "With this, I can find a place." Thinking of his train time, she worried for him, and said softly, "Hurry up at the next station, you still have time to catch the train."

    Lin Yiyang looked down at her and said "um".

    As soon as the subway starts moving, everyone in the carriage is in their own little world, either chatting, or staring at one place in a daze. Yin Guo felt that Lin Yiyang's legs were shaking and rubbing with the driving. Gradually, his face became hot, his palms were sweaty, he became more and more uncomfortable, and he didn't know where to look.

    This stop is so long, why haven't we arrived yet? Yin Guo thought.

    "Yesterday—" he said two words, then stopped.

    Yin Guo hugged her backpack and looked up at him.

    Lin Yiyang actually wanted to say that he was hotheaded yesterday and asked directly, but Yin Guo didn't need to take it to heart. He didn't want her to misunderstand that he was the kind of man who had just met Yin Guo for a few days and hadn't said a word, while Yin Guo was in a foreign country, he wanted to flirt with her, and when she returned home, he would break up with her.

    But looking into Yin Guo's eyes, he dismissed the idea.

    There are some things that don’t need to be said, it’s not bad to get along slowly like today.

    The station announcement sounded, and the car had already started to enter the station.

    The car stopped slowly. Yin Guo was thinking again, this stop is so short, I haven't finished talking yet.

    "Come to the apartment and tell me," he said, "so I know you're safe."

    Lin Yiyang adjusted the shoulder straps of his sports backpack, moved his steps, and Yin Guo grabbed the shoulder straps of the backpack. He froze for a moment, stopped in the crowd getting off the car, and was bumped on the shoulder by the people around him.

    Yin Guo immediately let go of her hand, her cheeks were hot, and she said in a low voice, "You've arrived in DC, tell me too."

    Passengers in the front, back, left and right, only they can understand each other's words, this is their mother tongue.

    Lin Yiyang paused for half a second, bowed his head and smiled, really wanted to pat the back of her head, but actually wanted to do it today but gave up many times. In the end, he put it away and adjusted his sports bag shoulder strap again: "Okay."

    He took two quick steps and jumped onto the platform from the carriage. The car door closed behind him.

    Yin Guo looked back, the glass was not very clean, and there were several passengers who had just got off the bus blocking him. After the car started up again, she saw him clearly. It's a pity that it only lasted three or four seconds, the light was gone, and so was he.

    The roaring subway took her into the dark track again.

    The carriage was quite empty, but Lin Yiyang still seemed to be standing in front of her, and their legs and knees were still touching... Yin Guo felt numb in her heart, and rubbed her knees uncontrollably. Don't think about it anymore.

0