Prologue: the day of change
3.9k 9 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[MC POV]

"Why did I say yes. I was enjoying my day off." (MC)

2 Hours Earlier

I was relaxing at home when I got a phone call from work. I knew what they were gonna ask.

"Hello"(MC)

"Hey, Keven is there any chance you can come in today."(work)

I immediately thought called it, but I was too greedy to say no.

"What time."(Keven)

"2 to 10:30"(work)

"OK"(Kevin)

Present

"Of course, my brother has the car today."(Keven)

We have 2 cars between 4 people my Mom and my brother have them. So I'm forced to take the bus. As I cross the street I see a truck speeding towards me. I can only think I don't want to be isekai'd. Yup, my last thought was going to be a joke.

[UN news address]

7 hours later

On any tv, radio, or computer people are forced to listen in to what could be the closes thing to an Armageddon speech in their lives.

An elderly man with blue eyes and grey hair in a blue suit walks up to the podium. After he clears his throat he begins to speak. 

"Several hours ago the world experienced a drastic change. Multiple unknown disturbances have occurred that have mutated animals into violent creatures that intend to take humanity's place on the food chain. But fear not we will not let them take it so easy. We will fight not only to survive but to prove we can overcome any challenge the universe can throw at us!"(Speaker )

[Agent POV]

"Good job sir!"(Agent)

"For what all I did was tell the people a speech that you could find in a movie."(Speaker)

"But sir this is not a movie please don't treat it like another day in the office." (Agent)

"Sorry to tell you this, but to me, this is another day in the office. The only difference is how good I have to make good this sound while people are forced to try to survive. Damn politics." (Speaker)

"Sir." (Agent)

"Sorry what is next." (Speaker)

"We have a meeting about the families that live near the disturbances."(Agent)

"Finally some good I can do. I hope to at least be able to get them to safety."(Speaker)

A few months later

Humanity lost a lot of the land to the mutated monsters, but they still held firm to the land they kept. Humanity was also changed by what they called Shifts. They started to develop Esper-like abilities, but only the ones near the Shifts showed signs of this. Espers were training to fight the monsters, but only a few were ready to fight in a short amount of time. Some didn't want to fight either because they were scared of the monsters or themselves. People started to adapt to their lives and unless you were on the front lines you could forget about the fighting.

2 years later

[Keven POV]

"huh were am I"(Keven)

When I hear my voice and I don't recognize it my body feels weird too. I start to think I've been isekai'd. Then I hear a voice from above me

"Hello, Keven."(???)

"God is that you?"(Keven)

"HAHAHA no I'm not god."(???)

I start to look around and see a speaker on the wall.

"So who are you, why is my voice different, why does my body feel different, and where am I?"(Keven)

"Your second and third questions have the same answer and that is your body IS different. As for who I am and where you are well, you are in a government facility to train Espers and I'm a trainer here."(Trainer)

"HOW IS MY BODY DIFFERENT!" (Keven)

"Well you were near one of the Shifts that put you in a cocoon for about 2 years."(Trainer)

"2 YEARS! Is my family ok, and what are Shifts."(Keven)

"Your family is fine, and as for Shifts I can explain, but I have to let everyone know you are up and get you some food ok."(Trainer)

"Ok."(Keven)

"Good BRB."(Trainer)

After that exchange, I get up to look at myself to see what I look like.

"WHY DO I LOOK LIKE 90% OF MY FEMALE CREATED CHARACTERS"(Keven)

I have long blue hair that could easily go in a ponytail, red and blue heterochromia eyes, 5'11 height, and a slightly larger bust than average. My skin is smooth and didn't look like I went outside with how light it is.

"This is going to get some getting used to"(Keven)

Announcement
This is the first chap I hope you enjoy. it was a little bit more serious than was going for but it will probably be more light-hearted let me know if you don't like anything this is my first novel so expect spelling and grammar errors
Is this Chap length to short
  • Yes Votes: 155 81.6%
  • No Votes: 35 18.4%
Total voters: 190
101