Chapter 2 – The Continent of Oveigon
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though he had said that, Asahi still found himself uncertain about what to do next.

The revelation of his reincarnation had left him restless, unable to immediately find solace in his newfound knowledge.

Taking a walk outside seemed like a good idea, a way to clear his mind and regain some composure.

Asahi decided to visit the Clan's library, hoping to gather information about this world and assess the situation he now found himself in.

Being familiar with the area, having grown up here, he confidently made his way through the corridors, knowing he wouldn't get lost. 

As he stepped into the library, Asahi immersed himself in the pages of books, delving into the history and lore of the land he now called home.

He discovered that the Memino Kingdom resided in the eastern part of the Oveigon continent, a region known as the Eastern Region. Situated far from the mainland, it was essentially an island country.

However, it wasn't the sole kingdom in the region; there existed a neighboring country called the Aerstrand Kingdom.

Similar to the Memino Kingdom, it boasted three Great Noble Houses, bearing the title of Dukes.

The Oveigon continent had a tumultuous past, originating from the Chaos Era Year 102.

In those early days, the continent was fraught with vicious monsters, while humanity, along with other intelligent races like elves and beastmen, remained weak and hidden.

However, the oppressed races eventually reached their breaking point and formed an alliance to combat the monsters.

For over a century, they waged a relentless war known as 'The Battle for Freedom.'

However, Chaos Era Year 981, the result of the war was their loss, and the monsters remained triumphant.

One of the reasons this happened is because during the flow of time, the monsters also evolved, and some of them even gained intelligence, such as goblins, orcs and trolls.

However, hope emerged in the year 990 when a goddess named Ceres descended to the world, providing the alliance with a chance to fight back.

Ceres bestowed upon them the knowledge of magic and unique abilities that only their respective races could wield. She also granted them the power to call for help in times of need, ushering in the Holy Era.

In Holy Era Year 1124, the second war came to an end, with the monsters no longer able to dominate the continent.

Although they were not completely exterminated, their power was significantly diminished.

In their gratitude, members of the alliance sought to find and thank the goddess, but Ceres had already vanished without a trace.

Filled with regret, some alliance members established a religion to worship the goddess.

The alliance disbanded, and its members went their separate ways, founding kingdoms or venturing across the seas in search of new lands.

The first kings of the Memino and Aerstrand Kingdoms were former alliance members and best friends.

Together with their supporters, they ventured across the seas and discovered a vast island, now known as the Oveigon continent's Eastern Region.

They built their kingdoms on this newfound land, and the two kingdoms had remained allies for centuries.

Currently, the world enjoyed the Peace Era, with the present year being 1947.

But maybe the Peace won't last long.

□○□

"So that's how it is. Hmm, interesting, I haven't really read this in the past because I was busy with training my mediocre swordsmanship, but this is nice."

"But I still wonder what kind of ability the goddess bestowed upon them for calling for help. And why does her name sound familiar? It even evokes a sense of nostalgia..."

Asahi stood up, stretching his body. Sitting for nearly half a day was exhausting in a different way from his sword training.

He left the room and walked along the corridor when suddenly, one of the maids called out to him.

"Young Master, the Clan Head said he will be returning late tonight. He also mentioned that you should rest for the remainder of the day because tomorrow, you are going to the Aerstrand Kingdom," the maid informed him with a professional poker face.

"The Aerstrand Kingdom? What am I going to do there?" Asahi asked, his face reflecting his confusion.

"The Clan Head mentioned that you are attending the birthday party of your fiancée," the maid replied.

Asahi's eyes widened in surprise. Considering his age, his supposed fiancée should also be around ten years old. The revelation came as a shock, but he quickly regained his composure and responded,

"Alright, I will take a rest now. Thank you for informing me."

With that, he continued his walk. Once inside his room, he sat on the bed, organizing his thoughts.

(Okay, so I have a fiancée now, huh? I'm somewhat interested in meeting her, but I should also take this opportunity to explore the world) Asahi contemplated.

(Perfect timing, with Creation, I can finally make the dream of my life come true! I can finally make a secret underground base full of weapons and vehicles! While traveling around, I'll go and find a perfect spot for my secret base!)

(Oh yeah, I destroyed the Dessert Eagle I made earlier, so maybe I should make another weapon to protect myself.)

Asahi visualized one of his dream weapons, and suddenly, a blinding light appeared before him.

Gradually, the light diminished, forming a tiny circle that shot into Asahi's left ear, transforming into a plain black earring.

A look of excitement crossed his face as he exclaimed,

"Dimorphos, activate!"

The earring emitted a faint glow as mechanical objects materialized around Asahi, enveloping his body.

Soon, he found himself clad in a suit of armor—a suit he named "Dimorphos."

It resembled something out of a sci-fi movie, pitch black with glowing crimson eyes and intricate outlines.

Dimorphos possessed various capabilities, allowing Asahi to fly and unleash lasers and missiles. It was one of the weapons he had always yearned for during his chuunibyou phase.

"Dimorphos, deactivate," he uttered, and the armor transformed back into an earring.

Asahi chuckled to himself, even though he could control Dimorphos with a single thought, he preferred the dramatic effect of verbal activation.

"Hehehe, with this, I can explore the world without hindrance and live my life to the fullest. Perhaps I can also uncover the origin of the recurring vision of Paradise that keeps appearing in my mind," Asahi exclaimed.

"I still feel like I've only scratched the surface of Creation's true power. I have a long way to go," he acknowledged.

With determination, Asahi raised his fist into the air and shouted, "Other World, here I come!"

Suddenly, the door swung open, interrupting his fervor. One of the passing maids had overheard Asahi's loud proclamation and entered the room, wearing a serious expression.

"Ah."

"What in the world are you doing, young master?" she inquired, her gaze fixed on Asahi frozen in his raised fist pose.

A brief moment of silence enveloped the room as their eyes met. Asahi slowly lowered his fist and settled onto the bed.

Though the maid maintained a serious demeanor, Asahi could sense a hint of teasing in her eyes.

(Awkward... ) Asahi thought to himself.

"Ah, well, I've been confined inside the the house for quite some time, so I was just excited about venturing into another kingdom for a change," he explained with a forced smile.

"I see. My apologies then," the maid responded before promptly leaving the room.

"Phew"

After a while, Asahi let out a long sigh and lay down on the bed.

"I should be more careful with my voice from now on. That was so embarrassing! " he muttered to himself, feeling a tinge of embarrassment lingering within him.

Asahi closed his eyes, attempting to find solace in sleep. His mind wandered as he contemplated the events that lay before him.

3