Chapter 40: Achieving Metal Resonance
431 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, before we go back to punching and kicking I think it's time you learn [Pseudo Resonance],” I spoke as I stood up from my position lying on the ground. My eyes trailed over her thick ass straining against the tight workout shorts she wore, the mouth-watering globes jiggling with each step as she walked. 

Tsukasa’s dumper

 

“Well, aren't you eager to get in my pants?” Tsukasa asked, her amber eyes glancing back at me with a teasing gleam. For the first time, I found myself on the back foot when it came to teasing a girl as I tried thinking of a way to not come across as desperate.

“You can't fault a guy for wanting to be with a pretty girl can you?” I settled for a casual shrug of my shoulders and treated her teasing with nonchalance. The counterattack was super effective as a pink blush crept up Tsukasa’s cheeks, her hand rubbing the back of her neck as she looked anywhere but at me. 

Blushing

“Gosh, you’re just so blatant with your perviness Sensei!” Her hands came up to slap her cheeks as she spoke, the attempt at hiding her blush was super cute. My eyes took in the sight of the way her tits bounced around under the thin white fabric of her crop top, the underside of her pale untanned boobs were on full display. 

“Says the girl who offered her body to the ‘pervy sensei’.” I grinned as she blushed, a frustrated groan leaking from her lips. The way her arms flailed about as she debated whether or not she wanted to hit me looked cute, and I found myself patting her head like a dog. This seemed to help her get over her dilemma of whether or not to hit me as her fist crashed into my gut.

“C-can we begin training already!?” I nodded as I was unsure of whether or not I could speak past the pain. In my head, a dozen different ways to get back at her flashed in my head before I settled on spanking her ass red when we get done with her learning [Pseudo Resonance]

“Sure, and unlike the others I don't have to correct your fighting stance. Hell, you probably could teach me a thing or two about footwork. So first we’ll begin by channeling your metal aura to a single point.” I laid on the praise as I walked toward her, truthfully I'm unsure if it was even necessary for me to be here for her to learn [Pseudo Resonance]. She may be the closest one to being able to land a true [Elemental Resonance] strike outside of her mind space That's how confident I was in her ability.

“Like this?” I was stopped in my tracks when a dark grey aura covered her hand. Her amber eyes looked at me with pride and the way she stuck out her chest allowed me to see more of the creamy flesh her sports bra had hidden. Tanlines are fucking sexy!

“Yep, but do you have enough focus to release your aura on impact?” As I spoke a dark silhouette formed from the shadows the charred rubble cast on the ground. 

“Uh, Sensei what if I told you I already created a technique that will help me with that?” She sounded sheepish, her hand rubbing the back of her neck again like she’d been caught doing something embarrassing.

“Well that just makes things easier, what kind of technique is it?” I kind of had an inkling of what it might be, and if you’ve ever read a certain manga written by Yoshihiro Togashi you’ve probably heard of Big Bang Impact, a skill created by a scary-looking bloke named Uvogin. 

Tsukasa has a rather similar attack, using [Force Multiplier] an advanced technique of  [Geist Control] she channels all of her geist into her right leg. This enhances the strength of her attack to insane levels but if what she’s implying means that she somehow found a way to add her elemental aura into the mix then the potential damage of a direct hit would be almost exponentially more powerful. The technique isn't without its flaws as during the use of the technique the rest of her body would be extra vulnerable to attack as her geist that naturally adds a protective layer across the body would be diverted toward her leg. Plus, if the technique has the same condition as the canon version it had she would be limited to only using it when performing a straight kick to the gut.

“Just watch I’ll show you!” She sounded excited as she walked toward the shadowy construct. The white haze of geist around her body flared before condensing around her leg. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as the raw power of her condensed geist radiated out like the tidal waves of a hurricane. The feeling grew even worse when she said the godawful name she’d given this monstrous technique. Minato has a run for his money for the worst technique naming championship, and if I were to cast bets I would place everything on her winning.

“[Simple Straight Kick]!” Her leg landed in the gut of the silhouette with the force of a freight train. A flash of white light filled the air as the shadowy construct was split in half, the vibration of the impact sent shockwaves that shattered the rock walls surrounding us. From beyond the shattered walls of earth aura the charred remains of the Japanese mansion were toppled over by the expanding explosive wave. The sound itself was like standing ten feet away from a lightning strike with uncovered ears. Had I been a normal human the concussive force created by the distortion in the air would've been enough to kill me. It was barring Shuten-dōji using the ectoplasm in her gourd the most powerful physical attack that I had seen since coming here. 

“Impressive, now can you do it with your metal aura and activate [Pseudo Resonance]?” I created another construct but I took liberty of giving it different qualities than just being a shadowy outline of a human. The illusionary form of Yoshinaka took on his appearance with a wicked grin and all. In his hands was the sword he used to kill his own family, a sacred treasure made from the circuits and humor nodes sacrificed from past generations of exorcists of the Ōishi clan. The [Geist Blade] was one of a handful that were ever shown in the series and it was considered by some fans as the most powerful weapon in the manga. 

“...Thank you sensei.” She lowered her head as she mumbled those words. Her tan fingers clenched into fists as her white knuckle grip made her hands shake. Geist roiled off of her body like an endless wave, the amount far surpassing what any of the other students and maybe even Char could generate. She was pissed and her geist was responding to it!

“Huh, why’re you thanking me?” I had created him to be a challenge and a distraction so why was she thinking me?

“Because even if you intended for it to be a distraction or something to make me scared it really helps. That man took everything from me and I want to repay the favor, that is my only focus!” Her leg flared like a white star before the flickering dark grey color of her metal aura overtook the pure geist. Rearing her leg back she grinned at the clone of her father, her amber eyes looking at him with pure malice. 

Unlike the other clone, this one wouldn't wait in one spot without reacting. Yoshinaka jumped back, his sword slashing out sending scalding hot flames toward Tsukasa. The amount of geist I had to spend recreating the flames of the treasure sword [Acala] was massive because I had to replicate the power of around 150 fire humor nodes of deceased Ōishi clan head members dating back to the first Japanese Emperor. 

Flames as hot as the sun crashed down where Tsukasa had just stood as she rolled out of the way. Unless she was willing to drop her technique and use her aura for defense she would be forced to dodge until an opportunity to strike presented itself. This is why people rarely attempt to use [Pseudo Resonance] or even the easier-to-use [Force Multiplier] as it left the user vulnerable.

“From the Exorcist Corp’s limited records on Yoshinaka, we only know a little of how he fights. One, he likes playing with his food. The man has never finished a battle in a single attack as the act of slowly torturing his opponent is his favorite pastime. Second, he will only bring out [Acala] when pummeling you with his fists becomes too boring. Third and final, he has never been forced to use a technique besides the base three of [Geist Control], [Geist Release], and [Masking]. His potential combat capabilities put him firmly at Tier-3 with the potential for a hidden technique to break him into the realm of Tier-4.” As I spoke Tsukasa dodged under another wave of fire that came dangerously close to killing her.

“What does any of that even mean!?” She screamed at me as she backpedaled away from the gleaming red-hot blade trying to bite into her arm. 

“It means he won't kill you in a single stroke, and that he's supremely confident in his strength! You can use all of that to your advantage and take him out in a single strike!” Yoshinaka was a genuine powerhouse and possibly in the top 20 strongest characters in the series but his arrogance held him back. The man always underestimated his opponents and spent too much of the early fight bantering with them and leaving himself vulnerable to attack. If Tsukasa could land her [Simple Straight Kick] and activate [Pseudo Resonance] at the same time she could kill him.

“...I got it.” She stopped dodging the sword slashes and held her arms out wide. My eyes widened when I watched her get run through by the gleaming black blade of his sword. Instead of crying from the intense pain though, the girl smiled, blood dripping down from her lips and staining her teeth. Her foot raised and before the man could pull away his sword and escape she grabbed hold of the blade and forced him to stab deeper in her flesh. 

[Pseudo Resonance: Metal Simple Straight Kick]!” Her mouthful of a crappily named technique was followed by the sound of a gunshot going off as her foot dug into the gut of the clone. I had always wondered what [Elemental Resonance] would look like with Tsukasa’s metal aura, and I can safely say it was way outside of my expectations. Bloody spikes broke through his skin as her metal aura turned his blood into blades of crude metal. The man was turned into a crimson pin cushion as his limp flesh bowled over her leg. Geist pouring back inside the distortion in space created by her aura caused the already tattered muscle and bone to burst into flames. By the end, all that remained was ashes as Tsukasa huffed and puffed for air. 

I myself had to wipe the sweat off of my brows at the amount of geist that clone cost to have it mimic a real human body. Had it been a traditional shadow puppet it would’ve simply burst once the damage threshold it could take was surpassed. But I wanted her to see how strong she could be with my guidance and maybe it had a little to do with the fact that I was curious what it would look like myself. 

“Why did you let yourself get hit in the gut?” I asked as I approached the girl who despite taking a magic sword to the gut looked fresh as a daisy. Her mind scape had allowed her to imagine her body healed unlike the devastating wound that would be in the real world. 

“If it was something thin like my arm he would've escaped so I let him strike me in the guts to trap him.” She responded so casually I found myself staring at her like she’d grown a second head.

“You’re crazy.” I chuckled as I rubbed her head much to her annoyance as she swatted at my hands. With our training finished that means it's finally time for the kiddos to fight the Gashodokuro and become true exorcists, but before that I've got a little payback to give to the girl for gut punching me. Sparring is fine and even teasing with Char, but I won't tolerate getting hit in a non joking manner even if it's a hot chick doing it.

“Uh—Sensei you’re kind of scaring me with those eyes, what's the matter?”

“I'm going to spank you.” The sound of her bare ass cheeks getting smacked filled the air as the girl yelped each time. Her pale ass had turned red by the end and all she could do was glare at me and pout.

22