Chapter 77: A “Peaceful” Bath
78 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The overwhelming feeling of nervousness soon subsided as I was led to the fourth floor. Just before reaching the top of the stairs, I became enveloped in a delectable aroma that was almost enough to make my mouth water. I knew in my mind that this could only be one place. 

 

“Welcome to the dining hall, Steven,” Regina says as she leads me further in. 

 

Another massive floor as expected. There were tables upon tables on the floor with more than enough chairs for every raider.

 

“Are you hungry? The kitchen is right this way. I can have one of our chefs cook you up something tasty.” 

 

That sounded amazing. It feels like forever since I’ve eaten a filling meal…

 

“Are you sure? I mean– shouldn’t we get on with the tour?” 

 

“It’s quite alright. I’m sure that you’re quite famished, yes? Please let me know what you want to eat. There are many different meals to choose from so we even have menus you can look at.” 

 

I nod as I sit down at one of the many tables and take a look at one of the menus. There was a variety of different dishes, ranging from pasta and seafood and steak dinners. All of it sounded pretty good. At this point I wanted to have one of everything.

 

“Is anything on the menu catching your eye, Steven?”

 

I kept looking until I saw something familiar to me. 

 

“I’ll take the honey-roasted ham, please. With a side of fruit.” 

 

It was the first meal that I ever had in this world, back at the tavern. I felt a sense of nostalgia seeing it on the menu. I feel like I have to have it.

 

“Very well, I will let our chefs know.”

 

Regina walked toward the other side of the floor and headed in through a large doorway which I assumed led to the kitchen. I was actually starving right now. Hopefully that won't take too long. 

 

Anyways, the dining hall was pretty vacant at the moment. I’m guessing that most of the raiders have already eaten or are going to eat a little later. Nevertheless, it amazes me that they have enough food to feed this many people. I can only imagine how much food that they’ve stolen in order to get such a supply…

 

It didn’t take long for me to receive my meal. The aroma was quite uplifting. It was as if I was dining in some type of fancy restaurant rather than some kind of military base.

 

I take a look at the plate in front of me. It was a good-size piece of ham that was glazed to perfection. It was the perfect balance of sweet and savory. I don’t hesitate to dig in right away. 

 

“How do you like it? In addition to being strong warriors, many of my men are very talented cooks.” Regina says. 

 

“It’s good,” I say, taking another mouthful, “It’s a little different from what I’ve had in the past, but still, very good.” 

 

The ham was in fact good, but nothing beat the cooking of that old man back in Harlan Village. Oh, how I miss Archibald’s cooking…

 

Even though it wasn’t the best that I’ve had, I didn’t waste any time and ate until all of my food was gone.

 

“That was delicious. Thanks.” I say as I stand up to stretch a bit. 

 

“You’re very welcome, Steven. I hope that you will sample everything we have on the menu at some point. I assure you that it’s all delicious.” 

 

“I don’t doubt it. Anyways, is there anything else you want to show me on this floor?” 

 

Regina chuckles. “No, I’m afraid not. There isn’t a lot here other than the kitchen and a bunch of tables and chairs, to be honest. Shall we head to the next floor, then?”

 

I nod as Regina leads me to the fifth floor.

 

Upon reaching the fifth floor, I felt a pretty cool atmosphere, but at the same time it was pretty warm as well. Lukewarm, I guess? I don't really know how to describe it. 

 

There were a few large doors situated on each side of the walls on this floor. My first guess was perhaps this was where the raiders slept, but I wasn't too sure about that.

 

As I was busy examining the room, Regina turns and looks at me, and I notice her looking my body up and down. Was she… checking me out? 

 

“Your clothes are filthy, Mr. Bale.” she states in a deadpan manner.

 

Huh? She just noticed that? My tunic is stained in dried blood and I haven't taken a wash in I don't know how long– and now she says that?

 

“Yeah? So?”

 

“Well, it just so happens that the baths are on this very floor. Would you care to take one? And let me get you out of your clothes. I'll have them washed.” Regina says.

 

“I definitely could use a bath,” I say, “But this is my only pair of clothes. I can't just let you take them…”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous; I insist that your garments are washed properly. I will have something for you to wear temporarily in the meantime.”

 

“Like what? Something made of leather, I bet?”

 

“Ha, that’s normally what my men wear, indeed, but I will allow you to wear one of our bathrobes. There’s bound to be one that will fit even a man of your size.” 

 

I cross my arms and sigh. “Okay, fine. I’ll take a bath.” 

 

“Excellent. Right this way.”

 

Regina hums quietly to herself as she leads me through one of the large doors. It was a large bathhouse, and I could already feel the heat of steamy water as we stepped in. It was a rather large space, too. About the size of your average swimming pool, give or take, so a lot of people could easily share the space together.

 

Despite that being the point, I’m thankful that no one else was in this bathhouse. Obviously I’d prefer enjoying a hot bath in privacy rather than being surrounded by others. 

 

“Alright, so I suppose you’ll find me a robe and then leave me to it, yeah? I shouldn’t be too long.” I say as I turn to Regina. 

 

“Actually, I was thinking of joining you.” Regina smirks. 

 

I could feel my face heating up at her words. I didn’t expect them to come out of her mouth and it felt as if my jaw was going to drop to the floor. 

 

“C-come again?” I stutter. 

 

“Did you not hear me? I’d like to join you in the bath. I could use one myself.” 

 

“I heard you, but– in here? There’s other bathhouses on this floor, isn’t there? Couldn’t you just use one of them?” 

 

Regina chuckles. “What’s the matter? Are you shy? You’ve never done this with a woman, have you?” 

 

“What?! Of course not! Why would I?” 

 

“Oh, forgive me, Steven. I understand if you’re uncomfortable. It would be much easier of us to bathe together since we are in one of the bathhouses already, but if you wish to have one all to yourself, that is completely fine by me.” 

 

Hey, hold on! Let’s not be hasty here! It’s not like I don’t like the idea... 

 

I felt my face heating up even more. I have in fact never done something like this with a woman and I never expected I’d ever get the opportunity to do this with a woman. But I’m standing right next to a beautiful woman and I have the chance to bathe with her?! 

 

She’s evil and I still want to kill her, but ah, fuck it!

 

“No,” I say calmly, “Let’s bathe together. You’re right. It’s easier this way.” 

 

“Hmm,” Regina chuckles again, “You’re confident all of the sudden. What brought that on?” 

 

“It doesn’t matter. Let’s just get this over with. We don’t have all night, you know!” 

 

Regina nods. “Oh, I agree. Let’s get to it, then.” 

 

Regina and I both head closer to the bath and I stop as I look at the hot water. 

 

Even though I decided I was going to do this, I couldn’t even pass the first step: Taking off my clothes!

 

“What’s wrong, Steven? Are you getting cold feet again? Like you said, we don’t have all night. Perhaps I should strip first?”

 

I cross my arms and look away from her with my eyes shut tight. 

 

“Yes, that would be preferable. Don’t worry, I won’t look!”

 

“You can look. I don’t care.” Regina says. 

 

“Huh?! I- can?” I ask, still facing away from her. 

 

“Yes, of course. Is it not natural for a man to look at a woman?” 

 

“Yes, but– you’re…” 

 

“I’m what?” 

 

“You know what? Forget it. I’ll strip first.” 

 

I begin by removing my blood-stained tunic. It felt so good to get that off. My entire body was covered in sweat. I stare at my large belly that I was not very proud of. My body was another reason why I’d rather bathe alone, but this woman seems to not have a problem with it whatsoever. 

 

I slowly peek through the corner of my eye and see that Regina has begun to undress. She was absolutely stunning. That tan skin– those emerald eyes– that silver hair– those big brea– Hey, get it together here! This is no time to be thinking these lecherous thoughts.

 

But I can’t help it. It’s in my nature. 

 

I finish stripping until I’m completely bare and I put my clothing and my work shoes aside. After that was done, I headed into the baths, feet first obviously. The water was magnificent. It was like a hot tub, but an even larger hot tub. Unfortunately, there weren’t any bubbles, but it’s alright. There was more than enough steam. 

 

I sit and lean near the edge of the baths as my body takes in the water. It was a truly wonderful sensation. I don’t even know if I want to get out now. 

 

I feel myself get skittish as Regina gets in, her body also bare, rather close to me. Most of her breasts were covered by the water, but I could still see a fair chunk due to their size. 

 

I can’t get turned on right now. I just can’t. Especially not by a woman like her!

 

“You know, there’s plenty of room here, General.” I say without making eye contact.

 

“Yes, I can see that.” she replies.

 

“So, then? Why are you so close?” 

 

“What’s wrong with being close? Is there a problem?” 

 

“No, it’s– well, there’s a thing called personal space.” 

 

“Ah, of course, of course. Very well.” 

 

Regina carefully wades until she’s a reasonable distance away from me.

 

“Is this better?” she asks.

 

“Yes, much better.” I say.

 

I stare ahead at the steam and just focus on getting clean. I didn’t want to think about anything else other than that. 

 

“So, Steven… are you enjoying the bath? It’s very peaceful, no?”

 

“Yeah, it’s– very enjoyable. I suppose..."  

 

“Good, I’m glad you think so. I always make sure to take one whenever I get the chance to. Unfortunately, as one of the four generals it can be rather difficult to do so.”

 

“I’m sure it is…” I say blankly. 

 

There’s a pause of silence before I finally break it. 

 

“So, do you often bathe with others? Other men, I mean.” 

 

I don’t even know why I asked that. I don’t even want to make conversation! And yet I still talk anyways…

 

“Hm? You’re asking if I take baths with other men? No. Actually, you are the first man that I’ve ever had the pleasure of sharing a bath with.” 

 

“Hold on, really? No one else? Not one of these men here you’ve shared a bath with?” 

 

“Nope. Not a single one of them. I’m sure that plenty of them would love to share a bath with their general. But unfortunately, none of them will.” 

 

“Then why are you letting me take one with you?” 

 

“Well, you’re different, Mr. Bale. Quite different. Quite interesting as well, if I do say so myself. Perhaps that’s why.” 

 

I clench my teeth. What was this bitch trying to pull here? Was she doing this on purpose? I have to be careful here. I won’t let this wicked temptress break me in any way, shape or form!

 

“I’m ready to get out now,” I say, “Where are the bathrobes?” 

 

“There is a closet full of them right there,” Regina says as she points to a door straight ahead. “Go on and pick one out for yourself.” 

 

I sigh as I emerge from the baths completely exposed. I wasn’t even nervous at all anymore. The only thing I felt was perplexing feelings running around in my head. I know that she’s up to something…

 

I rummage through the closet until I find a burgundy-colored bathrobe that was large enough to fit me. After putting it on, I head toward the door. 

 

Regina soon emerges from the water herself and I watch as she strides slowly and grabs herself a nearby towel. Her body was magnificent, and she wasn’t afraid to show it off. 

 

I feel myself blushing as I look away. 

 

“I said that you can look.” Regina says. 

 

“Let’s get on with this already,” I sigh, changing the subject.  “Oh, and make sure you take good care of my dirty clothes. Especially those shoes! Those are extremely valuable to me!” 

 

“As you wish. I’ll see that it is done. I will come back here for your clothes after the tour. Let us move on.” 

 

Regina changes back into her silk dress. Jesus, was she really going to wear the same thing? Whatever, I guess it was too late to change into fresh clothes, anyways.

 

I guess the good thing now is that I was all freshened up. A filling meal and a hot bath was all it took for me to feel fit as a fiddle once again. 

 

The next floor was the sixth floor. There could only be like two or three floors left, I believe. I walk cautiously behind Regina as we head to the next flight of stairs. Her entire presence still made me rather uneasy.

 

She was the definition of a seductress, but I’m not stupid. I know that much. I swear that no matter what happens, I will not fall into her hands.

0