Chapter 39: Interview Assessment
413 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Araki's voice wasn't loud, but everyone's attention was focused on him, especially the three people conducting the interview. They were curious about what Araki would say.

For a moment, the whole room fell silent. Everyone, including Tsunade, was stunned.

To study medicine for the rise of Konoha!

This simple sentence contained the unwavering spirit of a determined youth!

The halting tone of his voice and the strong and grandiose sentiment created a stark contrast, highlighting the young boy's character.

"Do you want to become Hokage?" Tsunade was the first to break the silence, looking at Araki with confusion. Suddenly, this thought popped into her mind.

The Hokage held the majority of power in Konoha, and only with that power could one truly lead the village. Without it, no matter how great one's ambition, it would be quashed by the cold realities.

Tsunade had experienced this multiple times before. She had come up with ideas that would benefit the village but lacked the authority to implement them.

It was precisely because of these personal experiences that when Tsunade heard Araki's words, her instinctive reaction was "Hokage."

Studying medicine was an ideal, while power was what could make ideals a reality.

As Tsunade posed this question, Jōnin Shizune, who had been eavesdropping nearby, instantly became alert.

"No...," Araki was startled. He had only wanted to impress Tsunade and grab her attention, not expecting her to misunderstand him so directly.

"There... are... many others... far more suitable... for Hokage... I don't... think that way..."

Araki shook his head and stammered. His expression and demeanor were serious, showing no signs of fear or panic. It was clear that he was answering the question truthfully.

"I... I just... hope that through... my efforts... Konoha... will become... the great village... of medical ninjutsu!"

Araki thought for a moment and added, realizing that Tsunade still valued medical ninjutsu, indicating that she was in a phase where she prioritized it.

Regardless of the situation, he would focus on medical ninjutsu and align it with the interests of Konoha.

I was already accustomed to the "pretentious talk" of the fraudulent schemes before I traveled through time.

The original meanings of many things were mundane, but when connected to social responsibilities or resonated with the fate of humanity, they could elevate the matter to a higher level and achieve effects that were previously unattainable.

It was an art of sophistry in speech.

However, because of Araki's character, which clearly showed a barrier in expressing himself, these words sounded even more sincere.

"Araki, you have ideas, but having ideas alone is not enough for studying medicine. It requires intelligence and effort. You are still young, and your mind has not fully matured. You might encounter more suitable choices in the future. So, I think you can consider it for a few more years. It's not too late to decide after you graduate from the ninja academy."

Tsunade said with a meaningful tone. She tried to phrase her words in a way that wouldn't crush Araki's confidence while also expressing her thoughts clearly.

It must be said...

Araki's words had an effect.

Tsunade originally intended to give Araki a difficult challenge. After all, the interview questions varied, and she hoped to make Araki realize the difficulty and back down. However, she never expected that due to her momentary curiosity, she ended up having a very good first impression of this seemingly stubborn kid.

"I... I... I work very hard... harder than others... I can do it!"

Araki immediately said. He could clearly understand Tsunade's meaning and knew that if he gave up now, it would be over. Whether she was genuinely considering him or testing his perseverance in learning, he couldn't retreat at this moment.

Tsunade didn't say anything more. Instead, she exchanged glances with the old women on her left and right, both able to see the desired information in each other's eyes.

"Let's begin then."

Tsunade looked at Araki. In his eyes, she saw strong stubbornness, a persistence that wouldn't give up until the very end.

She had only seen this kind of gaze in her uncle, Hanzō, and her younger brother, Nawaki. Both of them had aimed to become Hokage.

Although this young child in front of her claimed not to want to become Hokage, the enthusiasm he displayed was no weaker than those two.

In that case...

He could only let Araki give up on his own.

"On the table in front of you, there is a summoning scroll with pre-written summoning techniques. You need to infuse chakra into it, and it will automatically summon a fish."

Tsunade's voice slowly resonated, but the gentleness in her voice had vanished at this moment, replaced by seriousness and gravity.

When it came to medical matters, her identity was not just that of a ninja but a medical ninja.

"You can save the fish in any way you can, and the longer it survives, the better your performance. Passing the interview assessment requires lasting at least ten minutes."

Tsunade explained the rules of the interview assessment, and her beautiful eyes were fixed completely on Araki.

Now she had conflicting thoughts.

On one hand, she wanted to see Araki fail after facing such a huge challenge, and then go back to studying well before considering the matter of becoming a medical ninja.

On the other hand, she was curious if she would see something impressive in this young kid who made bold claims.

"Yes."

Araki immediately responded, and in his mind, the image of the failed young boys emerged. They must have faced the same assessment.

The correct answer to this question should be Sage Art!

Araki had witnessed the other boy using Sage Art when he first arrived. However, his abilities were insufficient to sustain it for ten minutes, and the fish ended up dying on the scroll.

Even if it were him now, he wouldn't have a better outcome. After all, he didn't know Sage Art and had no way to use that method to save the fish.

However...

Araki's mind was running at a fast pace.

He wasn't originally from the ninja world but had traveled from the real world, where he had witnessed an era of advanced technology. Naturally, his imagination was broader.

With that in mind, a slight smile formed on Araki's lips.

He raised his right hand, spreading his five fingers and placing his palm in the center of the summoning technique scroll, assuming a serious stance.

Then, Araki infused chakra into the summoning technique scroll...

16