Chapter 42: Would You Like to Be My Disciple?
432 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Until now, Araki still found it inexplicable that this brother and sister duo didn't follow the usual pattern.

However...

Araki felt somewhat relieved when he thought about Tsunade, who even though always lost when gambling, still went gambling every day.

He couldn't ask for too much from Tsunade!

But...

The biggest problem now was how to resolve the situation in the best possible way.

Araki remained expressionless, silent, while his mind rapidly considered various interests and relationships. He pondered how to minimize his own losses and quietly leave this matter behind.

"Nawaki..."

Tsunade helplessly revealed a bitter smile. She cherished her younger brother deeply, but she also had her own principles in this matter.

"Sis, I will never back down on this matter!"

Nawaki's eyes were sharp and serious as he stared directly at Tsunade. Then, in a loud and unyielding voice, he said, "If Araki hadn't passed the assessment, I wouldn't have come to ask for your help. But the fact is that he did pass, and you can't do this!"

"He's still a child..."

Tsunade took a deep breath. She had lost much of her aura, weakened by her brother's presence. When facing her brother, she couldn't be too forceful, especially when she saw the dignity of a young Hokage in his eyes. It was what she had always hoped to see, and she didn't want to destroy that rare sense of presence.

Being tough wouldn't work; she had to reason with him.

"His mentality is still immature. I'm not saying we don't want him, but I want him to go back to school. After graduating, the doors to becoming a medical ninja will always be open for him!" Tsunade explained.

"Sis, you're wrong. You actually think someone who speaks of studying for the sake of Konoha's rise is mentally immature? At his age, I also said I wanted to become Hokage. Does that mean my mentality was also immature?" Nawaki insisted without giving an inch.

"That's not what I meant..." Tsunade waved her hands repeatedly, her aura gone.

"Nowadays, I support Araki's dream just as you supported mine, sis. I believe Araki will become a medical ninja surpassing even you!"

The more Nawaki spoke, the more excited he became. He seemed to see his past self in Araki. After all, in Konoha, many children dreamt of becoming Hokage, but very few actually achieved it. Sometimes, speaking of their dreams would invite ridicule for being unrealistic and aiming too high.

Unconsciously, Nawaki found resonance in Araki. It was a spirit of relentless effort for the sake of the village.

"Nawaki..."

Tsunade's mouth twitched, making it difficult for her to respond. At her young age, she was already the strongest medical ninja in Konoha and had absolute confidence in her field.

If she agreed with Nawaki, it would contradict her inner pride. But if she argued, it would seem like she didn't have faith in Araki...

It would be better not to say anything!

"Araki!"

As Tsunade remained silent, Nawaki suddenly came up with an idea. He turned around with a burst of energy, reached for his neck, and quickly took off the necklace in front of everyone's eyes.

"I believe you will become the strongest medical ninja!"

Nawaki's eyes sparkled with determination. He held up the necklace and intended to put it around Araki's neck.

"No... no... no..."

Araki shook his head without hesitation. He knew all too well what that thing was. It was the cursed necklace!

The cursed artifact that brings death to whoever wears it!

Araki didn't think he could defy fate and suppress the power of the First Hokage's necklace!

Moreover...

He couldn't gamble with his life!

He couldn't afford to lose!

Besides, there was another serious issue. The necklace was too conspicuous. Wearing it would attract too much attention and increase the likelihood of being recognized. He couldn't keep a low profile.

Araki never expected things to go this far. If it continued like this, it would become a big problem. Nawaki was being too reckless!

To give a token of trust on their first meeting...

Do shinobi form bonds so easily based on appearances?

Nawaki's action immediately caught the attention of Tsunade and the two elderly women, especially Tsunade. Her eyes widened, and she began to reflect.

She didn't realize how important Araki was in Nawaki's heart!

Based on her previous impression, Nawaki was enthusiastic and had many friends, but he never favored any particular friend, let alone give away his beloved First Hokage's necklace.

For a moment, Tsunade regretted her actions.

Araki couldn't accept the necklace. He raised his hand to refuse and pushed Nawaki's hand holding the necklace back.

At that moment...

Araki's fingers touched the green crystal of the First Hokage's necklace.

"Buzz!"

The chakra crystal vibrated abruptly and emitted a soft green light, as if a heart was beating.

This process lasted only an instant and then disappeared.

Everyone in the room was stunned.

Nawaki froze, clutching the necklace, completely unaware of what had just happened.

"This... this necklace... is yours... It doesn't want to... leave you... It recognizes you!"

Araki quickly spoke up, realizing what had caused the necklace to glow. It must be related to the Wood Release kekkei genkai. But he couldn't wait for these people to figure it out. He had to establish the narrative.

"Uh..."

Nawaki also agreed with Araki's explanation. This necklace was left by their grandfather, and it wasn't right to give it away so easily. He got carried away during the argument with his sister just now, but Araki had given him a way out, so he decided to take the necklace back.

The two elderly women sighed with relief. From their perspective, they couldn't see what had actually happened. They thought it was the manifestation of the First Hokage's necklace, acknowledging Nawaki as the future Hokage.

Only Tsunade had a clear view of the scene. Her attention was completely focused on the First Hokage's necklace, a relic left by her grandfather. She saw clearly when Araki's finger touched the chakra crystal on the necklace, causing a gentle green light

to flicker.

"Hoo..."

Tsunade took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. The flickering car lights created a turbulent atmosphere, and her emotions became incredibly complex.

This phenomenon...

It's not Grandfather acknowledging Nawaki...

It's Grandfather acknowledging Araki!

Could it be that Grandfather also believed that Araki would become a more formidable medical ninja than me?

Is that what Grandfather meant?

Tsunade's beautiful eyes focused on Araki. After the events that just unfolded, her gaze toward Araki had completely changed.

"Araki, I was wrong earlier. Would you be willing to be my disciple?"

Tsunade spoke with a profoundly serious tone.

She didn't even consider the possibility of the Wood Release kekkei genkai.

It was widely acknowledged in Konoha that there were no Wood Release users at present!

She simply took it as a sign from her grandfather and instantly attached great importance to it. She began to reevaluate Araki.

15