Chapter 43: Hopefully, you won’t get your waist cut off.
424 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm willing!"

Araki almost hesitated and said without stammering. He didn't even care about his hesitant tone. He could tell that Tsunade was currently being influenced by the First Hokage's necklace and was in a state of excitement. He couldn't afford to let her calm down and reconsider the plan.

After all, she was Tsunade!

One of the three legendary Sannin of Konoha!

Being able to become Tsunade's disciple would be tremendously helpful to him!

He had to agree immediately!

To strike while the iron was hot!

Once everything was settled, it would be too late for Tsunade to regret.

Araki's initial expectation for this trip was to become a medical ninja. Being able to directly become Tsunade's disciple had already exceeded his expectations and achieved even better results.

"Hehehehe..."

Nawaki couldn't help but laugh when he heard the conversation between Tsunade and Araki. A radiant smile reappeared on his face, warming it like sunshine.

He was very satisfied with this outcome.

He had observed the entire interview process with Araki. Although Araki didn't demonstrate any talent in medical ninjutsu, the part where he showed flexibility and resourcefulness left a deep impression on Nawaki.

This made him have great confidence in Araki.

Now that his sister was willing to take Araki as her disciple, in his eyes, it was the final result. His efforts to fight for this matter were not in vain.

"Mhm."

Tsunade was also pleased with Araki's response. Although she didn't have any intention of taking on apprentices at this particular time, she didn't want to miss out on this opportunity if fate had brought them together.

During the entire interview process, there were three things about Araki that she admired.

Firstly, Araki's lofty ambitions to study medicine for the sake of Konoha's rise. This kind of determination made her see the future of medical ninjas in the village.

Secondly, Araki's adaptability, breaking free from the confines of conventional thinking. As long as it can achieve the effect of saving lives, it doesn't necessarily have to rely solely on medical ninjutsu. There may be better methods.

The third point is Araki's resolute determination, which is crucial. The path of studying medicine is arduous, and without a firm heart, it is difficult to persevere.

Of course...

These are just the aspects that Tsunade appreciates about Araki. Based on these alone, it is not enough to convince her.

What truly touched her was the sudden radiance of the Shodai crystal.

Since obtaining the necklace of the First Hokage, it was the first time Tsunade saw the Shodai crystal emitting light. She felt that it was her grandfather's recognition of Araki.

With that in mind...

This child whom she already admired and gained her grandfather's approval made her feel that it might be a bond arranged by destiny.

"Araki, I still have more interviews to conduct in the coming days. Starting tomorrow afternoon, you will train with me. In the morning, you will continue attending ninja school. My requirements for you are simple: you cannot delay your progress in learning medical ninjutsu, and you cannot let it affect your academic performance at the ninja school."

Tsunade said sternly.

She had already approved of Araki.

Therefore, she considered him her disciple from the depths of her heart.

Since he was now a disciple, strict guidance was necessary. She had entered the state of being a strict teacher.

"Yes."

Araki calmly responded, his expression unchanged.

These requirements seemed challenging, but in reality, they weren't difficult for him.

He just needed to focus on resting in the mornings from now on.

In order to enhance his strength as quickly as possible, he had to become a master of time management and make the most of fragmented time to improve himself.

"Araki, to celebrate your becoming my elder sister's disciple, let's go eat something. I'll treat you. I have a mission tomorrow, so I don't know when we'll meet again."

Nawaki had a satisfied smile on his face as he grabbed Araki's arm and led him outside.

He had cut in line for Araki.

There were still people waiting for interviews behind them.

Now that their objective had been achieved, he didn't think it was necessary to stay here any longer. Instead, they could have a meal and chat.

"Tomorrow..."

Apologies for the mistake. Here's the corrected version:

Araki eyes shrank slightly. He knew that Nawaki encountered an accident during the Second Great Ninja War. At this stage, the war was entering its final phase, with only small-scale battles remaining. This also meant that even the Genin in the village were beginning to enter the battlefield.

Araki had a clear impression that Nawaki was killed by an exploding tag trap. Based on the timeline, even if it wasn't this time, it would be the next.

"Come with me!"

Nawaki thought Araki was just stuttering under normal circumstances and didn't take it seriously. He grabbed Araki and walked outside.

As the two left, new candidates entered the meeting room...

Nawaki led Araki back to the first-floor lobby of Konoha Hospital. Araki suddenly stopped and looked around.

"What's wrong?"

Nawaki looked at Araki with a puzzled expression, vaguely sensing something unusual. Since becoming Nawaki's disciple, this kid always seemed absent-minded.

"Where is Teacher... Yinsui..."

Araki almost forgot about the teacher, Yinsui, who brought him here. Yinsui was taken away by a group of nurses, and Araki was concerned about his safety.

Even if the teacher was outside, he should protect himself!

The way those nurses looked at Yinsui with predatory eyes just now made Araki's hair stand on end.

After all, Yinsui was defenseless now. If he were to be found dead inside Konoha Hospital, Araki wouldn't be able to explain it to his classmates.

"Ninja school teacher?"

Nawaki's mind reacted quickly. Hearing the term "teacher," he immediately realized that it must be a teacher from the ninja school.

Considering that Araki was still just a student and it was currently class time, he wouldn't be here without a reason. There should be a teacher guiding him.

With these thoughts...

Nawaki had a rough idea in his mind.

"Yes... that's right..."

Araki immediately nodded. His attention was still on the first floor. In his impression, dealing with a drunk didn't seem so troublesome, but he hadn't heard any other movements. He explained, "Teacher... Yinsui... he... drank too much..."

"It's fine. He was probably taken away by Chinatsu and the others. They are all medical ninja trainees and probably wanted to take the opportunity to practice. Don't worry, your teacher won't die."

Nawaki casually remarked.

From his tone, it was evident that he was already accustomed to such situations.

After all, his sister was the strongest medical ninja in Konoha.

Nawaki's familiarity with medical ninjas far surpassed that of his peers.

"He... won't... die..."

Araki's mouth twitched, but before he could say anything else, Nawaki had already pulled him outside.

There's nothing I can do!

Yinsui-sensei, I can't help you anymore!

Take care of yourself!

I hope they don't cut you open...

Araki sincerely wished Yinsui-sensei well in his heart, then focused his attention on Nawaki.

Now he had a more troubling problem.

Nawaki might be in danger!

If it weren't for what happened in the meeting room, Araki wouldn't have cared about these things. But Nawaki had helped him tremendously.

It could be said that without Nawaki, he wouldn't have become Tsunade's disciple!

Furthermore, Nawaki considered him a friend...

Araki had a decisive personality and kept a low profile. He believed that unnecessary matters should be ignored, but at the same time, when someone he cared about was in danger, he wouldn't just stand by.

How should he handle Nawaki's situation?

Araki's mind was filled with a huge question mark, and there was even a sense of swelling. He couldn't think of a solution at that moment.

17