Chapter 9: Explanation
1.2k 11 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Elder waves her hand and the remaining fog forms a table and chairs and seats herself at the table.

 Elder Jesika: “Have a seat.”

Both Marcia and Sofiya followed the elders implied orders to sit.

 Elder Jesika: “To start I’d like explain who we are, why we’ve decided to sponsor you, and what that entails. If you have any questions please hold them until I’ve finished”

Marcia: “I don’t think I have any objections to that.”

The Elder gave a small smile and began her speech.

Elder Jesika: “The Ladies of Dis is what we call a Sect. A Sect is an organization that focuses on shared tenants or a goal. We are a small Sect that is comprised of only female members that have more esoteric Mana types such as the Mist aspect that you possess and that I share. That is the reason that the Sect and myself in particular have decided to sponsor you, part of this sponsorship will allow you to participate in an advance Tutorial that will allow better rewards once finished, but before you are allowed access you will be given two skills that I think will give you the best possible starting class and due to my disciple’s inexcusable acts upon you you will be given several additional Boons that will help you further in the tutorial.”

Marcia winced and rubbed her chest where she was hit, when the Rabbit was mentioned. The Elder gave her a knowing but sympathetic look.

Elder Jesika: “Once the Tutorial is completed you will be brought to the Sect’s headquarters and will receive advance training from myself and a few others who believe you are worthy of joining us, afterwards you will be inducted as a full member of our Sect. You may now ask your questions before we get into the specifics of the offered benefits.”

Several questions floated around but it mostly focused on one thing.

Marcia: “What does your Sect do?

The Elder gave a considering look and gave an answer in a tone like she was hiding a joke.

Elder Jesika: “We do many things that would fall underneath the category of diplomacy, we provide trained personnel to fill the roles of negotiators, translators, scribes, teachers, or lawyers.”

The Elder’s smile soon turned predatory.

Elder Jesika: “ Of course that is only our public face, we also provide one of the highest quality services available when it comes to spying, thieving, and assassination. That is what we will be grooming you for.”

Marcia froze and from the look on the Elder’s face she knew what Marcia was thinking.

 

Elder Jesika:  “Don’t worry about the last one your current skills will make you perfect for breaking and entering, so you’ll go through thief and counter espionage training to really make use of your current skills”

Marcia gave a relieved sigh

Marcia: ” I don’t think I have any more questions for you then.”

Elder Jesika: “Good here is the Sponsorship Agreement.”

{Denizen: Marcia Brume you are now offered a sponsorship and patronage from Elder Jesika Bristlebite of the Ladies of Dis.

This includes the following:

Access to the advanced Tutorial 

Two optimized Skills

Blood Line upgrade 

Early Class Selection 

Post Tutorial training

Do you Accept?}

{Yes/No}

Marcia actually whimpered and started to tear up upon reading the offer 

Marcia: “Will the upgrade hurt again?”

A serious look crossed the Elder’s face 

Elder Jesika: “Not with me here to help guide it, I’ve always disliked the way the System likes to teach newcomers about the negatives of unprepared advancements with severe pain.”

Marcia accepted the offer and several notifications from the System popped into existence.

“Ding!”

{Denizen: Marcia Brume you have now accepted Sponsorship from the Ladies of Dis. Now applying all applicable benefits.}

{Calculating…..}

{Finalizing results…}

{Displaying Results}

{Upgrading Blood Line}

{ Current Blood line :

 Standard Beast (Panther) 

Trait: Predator reflexes 

 Mana Affinities: Dark, Air, Water

 Natural weapon: Claws }

Upgrade Blood line:

Greater Beast (Cat-sith) 

Trait: Mist Stride 

Trait: Limited Shape change 

 Mana Affinities: Dark, Air, Water, Mist 

 Natural weapon: Enhanced Claws and Fangs}

{Confirm Blood line Upgrade?}

{Yes/No}

Elder Jesika: “Are you Ready? The changes that come from a Greater Blood line change are mor extensive.”

Marcia: “I think so”

Marcia hit accept and felt a calming sensation flowing through her body, soon she slumped down into her chair and fell into a deep sleep.

 

Update upon next chapter 

{Name: Marcia Brume

Gender: Female

Age: 18 

Race: High Beast-kin

Species: Feline(Panther) 

Height:  5’3” 

Weight: 95 lbs 

Eye color: Teal 

Hair color: Black

Level: 1

Experience: 0/100

Mana type: Mist 

Blood line: Standard Beast (Panther) 

Class: complete skill selection 

Skill 1: Lesser Glyph Mastery: Level 1

Skill 2: Arcane Trap Mastery: Level 1

Skill 3: Greater Camouflage: Level 1

Skill 4: unselected 

Skill 5: unselected }

Eponine Cottontail

Elder Jesika Bristlebite

Sofiya Maryana

Marcia Brume

 

All art in this chapter was made personally using an AI art program and is not taken from any other source. any resemblance to existing works is purely coincidental.

30