01 The Beginning
1.3k 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[It is now time for Earth to evolve. An opponent will appear in front of everyone over the age of 16, killing it would result in obtaining rewards based on your performance. Failing to kill it will not give you any rewards. The opponent will dissappear in 3 minutes if you failed to kill it. If you are killed by the opponent you will be revived after everyone has completed the test. A wooden club will appear in your hand to fight the opponent.

The opponent will appear in 10...9...8...7...6...]

As soon as the voice was heard, and text appeared out of nowhere in front of every living humans eyes on the planet the world came to a still.

It wasn't due to the shock that it felt the world had paused, but actually the world itself was frozen in time.

Every thing, and species other than humans were frozen. Every vehicle moving was also paused leaving the humans inside stunned.

This was done by the voice that spoke because it was giving a fair trail to the humans, and them dying from car crashes and plane accidents would completely numb the point of the test. Of course no one on that moment cared if the world was frozen because they all had their own problems.

The reaction of the masses could be divided into many. There were those smart and calm ones that started trying to make sense of what was happening. There were the scared ones who thought the world was getting destroyed and started freaking out. The stupid ones who couldn't make sense of what was happening. Those that panicked and started acting like headless chickens. The ones who thought they were dreaming and picked themselves.

However there was one type that stood out completely from the norm, the webnovel readers. The fans who read many types of fantasy stories everyday. From wuxia to realistic fiction, science fiction to video games. They were the ones who as soon as heard the voice and read the text, could feel their adrenaline pumping and a huge grin forming on their faces.

As soon as this happened they knew that finally their fantasy was coming true. Since the first time they read God and Devil World, Omniscient Reader, Swallowed Star, Supreme Uprising, Super Gene, and any of the stories which were of apocalypse in addition to evolution they had always been hoping and dreaming for a similar situation.

Though they knew it was a fantasy that would never come true, they still hoped that something like that would happen. It wouldn't matter if they weren't the protagonist with plot armor, or recieve a godly tool and become the strongest, once the situation occurred they were all sure that they had what it would take to become the best.

Even those who had awoken from their sleep mysteriously, didn't bother with anything else.

So, as soon as they saw the counter closing down from 10 seconds to 1 and a wooden club about 3 feet long appearing in their hands they didn't even bother wasting much time.

As soon as the so called opponent appeared, None of them held back anything and pounced on it. They didn't even wait to properly check what it war, all they did was make sure to strike the highest part of its body, the head, which was usually the most fatal part.

This was not because they were stupid, or overconfident, but because they understood an important unspoken fact. The system would indeed give rewards to those who killed it based on their performance, which was probably how long they took to kill it. However, there would definitely be special gifts based on who killed the opponent the fastest.

And even if there wasn't one, their reward would be higher due to killing it so soon. Together with the reward they all knew that they could take the lead during the early stages building a strong foundation in the unknown.

However not everyone was a webnovel fan, so not many of them were able to react and thus were killed, while few more got scared and ran as far as possible. At the same time there were also those innately gifted cool and calm people who managed to make sense and decided to kill the opponent, a zombie.

Yes, the opponent chosen for everyone was a zombie replica of themselves. They opponent zombia had all the same physical features, just not the same intelligence.

Though this practically made the two sides equal in strength, the zombie was unarmed and had no intelligence. This was because the test was to see how they would react during a crisis, and not about how strong and intelligent they were.

While the normal humans were battling a long stable fight, the webnovel fans were smarter and those who jumped as soon as their opponent appeared had managed to kill them due to a direct hot to the head, they were all sent the you have passed the test message and we're told to wait 3 minutes for all the other participants to complete and Obtain their rewards.

And even those who didn't sneak attack the head, also didn't lose much as they used their webnovel knowledge. They tried various things depending on the person. Some used the terrain, some used tricks like making the zombie trip or get stuck, some tried to attack and find its weak spots (didn't work well), there were all kinds.

Overall, the webnovel faction finished their test much sooner and waited while the others were finishing up. Though most of them tried to see if they could kill more zombies which were essentially the opponents of others to get a higher score, they found themselves unable to move causing them to give up and wait for the test to finish so that they could get their rewards.

Though on the outside they all acted calm, amd tried not to show their hopes for obtaining a game changing super legendary item or something, deep down they were all praying to have the luck to obtain them.

...

Finally the 3 minutes which seemed like eternity finally ended, and just like the voice said those who ended up dying came back to life with no recollection of what happened after they died.

[The test has been completed! Rewards will now be distributed based on the time taken to kill your opponent.

Everyone that managed to kill their enemy before the timer expired will recieve 10 Tier 1 Stats.

Those that killed their opponent within 2 minutes will recieve 20 Tier 1 Stats.

30 Tier 1 Stats are given for those who killed their opponent within 1 minute.

Bonus rewards will be given for the top 1,000,000 users based on who killed their opponent first.

Those ranked between 1,000,000 and 100,000 are given 10 additional Tier 1 Stats.

Those ranked between 99,999 and 1,000 are given 20 additional Tier 1 Stats.

Those ranked between 999 and 50 are given 20 additional Tier 1 Stats, and a Tier 1 Iron Grade random weapon.

Those ranked between 49 and 10 will recieve 20 additional Tier 1 Stats, a Tier 1 Silver Grade random weapon, and a random talent.

The top 9 ranked will recieve 20 additional Tier 1 Stats, a Tier 1 Gold Grade random weapon, a random talent, and a quest to obtain a Mythical Bloodline. The reward will be placed in a location depecting the Mythical Bloodlines image, and depending on where the top 9 ranked are close to.

Everyone is given 7 days to prepare, after which Earth will officially enter the 1st Stage of Evolution.]

Though the system didn't need to divulge all the rewards to everyone and could've only shown it to the winners, it did so because to increase the competitiveness by showing what they lower ranked ones lost. This was also why it drastically increased and gave the reward of a Mythical Bloodline so early even before the evolution began.

After that there was no longer any voice, but the humans were all stunned. Though they didn't know what the rewards would be, they knew that those ranked at the top will definitely have an advantage during the unknown occurance.

While the world was unfrozen, everything went back to the same but no one was able to forget about what just happened causing a huge uproar throughout the whole world.

As the ones who didn't manage to kill their opponents were thinking about what the rewards would be, those who did manage to recieved more notifications from the system.

[You have successfully managed to kill your opponent, 10 Tier 1 Stats are available for you to freely allocate as you wish.]

As for those who were ranked in the top million they had even more notifications showing, out of them all the most happy ones however were those ranked in the top 9.

Not only had they recieved great rewards, they also obtained a Quest to obtain a Mythical Bloodline!

9