11 Magic
718 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was soon night, and Akane used the kitchen to prepare a few Japanese dishes like Tonkatsu and Onigiri, deep fried pork and rice balls. Though the meal was simple, it tasted really good as the two of them sat near the lake and enjoyed the scenery.

Later the night it was time for them to rest, where unexpectedly things didn't go like Axel expected.

The bed in their room was so big that 10 or so people could easily sleep in it. Due to this both of them felt awkward and slept at the two ends the whole night.

...

Early in the morning followed by a simple breakfast and bath, both Axel and Akane were sitting outside near the lake. It was now finally time to learn about magic.

Both of them were dressed in the clothes Akane had created. While Akane was using another white colored kimono with cherry blossom flowers on it and a pink obi, Axel was dressed in abysmal black colored t shirt and pant, and with a black colered haori on top of it.

While the black clothes were simple, the white colored haori had the design of a Lightning Inferno Dragon on top of it.

The clothes also were something Akane ended up making with the system, unfortunately the system had already put restrictions on her. If not she definitely would've used awesome high level materials to make them.

“Magic. Magic can be said as the ultimate in the current world. Magic has no limit, and Magic has no shape, everything depends on the capability of the individual using it. In the hands of the capable a single spark on their finger will burn down an entire star, and the same spark in the hands of the weak can't even light a paper."

Akane paused repeatedly once in a while to let Axel take his time to understand well.

“Magic is generally used in two forms, magic as itself is used to affect the surroundings directly. Fireball could be said as a simple example of it. The other form in when magic is used to affect the body itself. It can be in the form of increasing the strength, speed, defense, etc. Similarly magic can be used to cover the body or a weapon when fighting, or just randomly collect magic and turn it into a huge ball which would affect it's surroundings.”

“Magic has seven elements, namely Fire, Water, Metal, Wind, Lightning, Holy, and Darkness. The elements themselves have special individual characteristics. Fire Is the strongest element for damage, Water can be used to bind and constrict, Metal to defend, Wind and speed, Lightning to penetrate defenses, Holy magic to heal, and Darkness to hide. The elements themselves have more characteristics, but the ones I mentioned are the strongest ones. For example lightning is considered just as fast as wind when travelling, and even faster than wind in short distance.”

"Other than the magic I spoke about, there are many mysteries in the world like Time, Space, Chaos, Life, Soul, and many more. However to understand them you'd have to be very strong. And even then trying to dig too deep in them is a taboo foe which the price would be your life."

"The higher your Tier is, the more magic there is inside your body. However, just having enough magic will not help you win a battle. For example now try to mobilise the magic inside your body and project it on top of your palm."

"First try to feel the energy inside your body. You should be possessing the Dual elements of Fire and Lightning inside you. Focus only on the Fire element and try drawing it out of your body."

Following Akane's explanation, Axel tried to sense inside his body. He had been trying to sense the changes since yesterday and had already felt there were tro wierd things inside his body.

Though he couldn't figure out what they exactly were, he could sense that one of them was hot and the other was making all the hairs on his body erect. They were undoubtedly fire and lightning.

Trying to focus only on the fire element inside his body Axel managed to make a small flame lit up over his palm after deeply frowning. However this itself made him feel a little tired.

"Using magic not only exhausts the magic inside your body, but it also requires you to have strong willpower. This is because the longer you use magic the more tired you will feel. The only way to not feel weak after using magic is to continously train in it and cultivate, this way your mind will get used to magic and will no longer feel tired regardless of how much you use it."

Hearing Akane, Axel felt that she was speaking the truth. After all even in novels, the characters are not able to use strength above their level. And even then they would soon feel exhausted if they tried to do something not possible within their level.

“Now that you're able to use magic, make the ball of fire bigger and try to sense how powerful it is.”

Following this Axel struggled but managed to make the fireball bigger, and tried to sense it's strength. Though he was unable to know why, he felt that the football size fireball was enough to destroy a car.

“Now try and throw the fireball, make sure to hit one of the trees near us.”

As Axel managed to make the fireball leave his hand and then hit a tree close by, he saw how the fireball on impact exploded outwards not causing much damage except burning the bark of the tree.

This was not because the fireball was weak, but rather the tree was not something within the constraints of Tier 1.

“You were able to see how the fireball damaged the tree, right? The reason it exploded was because the magic you released was purely wild, and not made particularly in a way to deal a certain kind of damage. However, what if the fire instead of using it like a useless ball was molded into a sharp arrow that bursted after penetrating something?”

This time Akane didn't bother letting Axel try since it wasn't so easy to mold fire within Tier 1, but she could do it since she experienced using the Lightning Inferno Dragon Bloodline in one of her lifetimes.

Calmly pulling out fire from her insides, Akane molded it into a sharp arrow and after letting Axel look at it for a second attacked a tree beside the one Axel attacked.

Due to how sharp the arrow was, it managed to penetrate a few inches deep into the tree and them exploded. Though the explosion was the same size due to using the same amount of mana, the effect however was different.

Unlike the fireball which only dealt damage to the outermost layer, the arrow however exploded from the inside causing a huge hole to appear on the bark.

This clearly showed which of the two magics was more effective. Like Akane said, the strength of magic depended on not how much was used, but rather how it was used.

7