642. Keep Going
783 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two for two… Zhou Ziyun gave two pieces of advice and managed to defeat two of the young geniuses. The audience was losing their minds. They had no idea where she had come from. Few people paid attention to affairs outside of the metropolis and most had never heard of Ten Thousand Flower Valley.

Those in the know started to eagerly tell their neighbors everything. Truths and rumors started the fly at the speed of light.

“Immortal Sect Competition?”

“And the Golden Feather Hunt?”

“Really… the Convocation of Swords?”

Sect masters told their disciples. Disciples told their brothers and sisters. Everyone told their friends. It was chaos. And out of the hubbub, Zhou Ziyun stood tall and brilliant. Supported by her master, she didn’t waver before the excited crowd and their myriad of spiritual energies.

Both Deng Lun and Tang Liang could not be considered ignorant. They knew about Immortal Blue Dragon Chen Wentian and his sect. They knew of the fearsome disciples under his tutelage. Yet up until now, the name of Zhou Ziyun had never resounded so loudly.

What did she do? How did she do it? Questions raced through her opponents’ heads. They couldn’t understand it. They couldn’t comprehend it.

And while they were still mulling their defeat, Zhou Ziyun was prepared to keep going. She knew that she had achieved some kind of breakthrough in her unique ability. Her mind was still buzzing with energy. She had to take advantage of the fortunate situation to the fullest.

“Master,” She whispered, “Can I keep going?”

“Yes, whatever you want, I will support you!” Chen Wentian replied immediately.

“Great!” Zhou Ziyun’s eyes flashed with determination. She clapped her hands once to get the attention of those around her. She then pointed out another person among the guests and spoke loudly, “You are Two Moons, captain of the Two Moons Mercenary Group? I have some important words for you that might help you in your future cultivation. Do you want to hear them?”

Her tone was filled with strength and a level of arrogance. She was directly challenging another one of the four geniuses.

“This…” Two Moons looked around nervously.

Having received guidance from Prince Huang, the older man didn’t want to offend his benefactor.

At this time, Huang Yaoying spoke up with a smile, “Go ahead, I am also curious about Miss Zhou’s insights.”

Zhou Ziyun shot him a glance and then turned back to Two Moons. She didn’t need permission from anyone. She cast aside the surge of annoyance and focused on the task at hand.

“Captain Two Moons, you indeed have many physical ailments. Regarding improving one’s body and cultivating physical abilities, I am not a match for Prince Huang. However, I can give you a different insight. Improving your body has a limit and it does nothing for this saber art you have cultivated. In fact, it will actually be a detriment!”

Two Moons made an expression of disbelief. “Impossible, how can that be?”

“Very simple.” Zhou Ziyun countered, “Your twin saber art is something you created yourself, correct?”

“Yes…”

“Like I thought, this saber art has grown along with you throughout your life. When you suffered your first permanent injury, you would have had to make changes to reflect your physical limitations. Even as you suffered more injuries, your cultivation continued to progress and so did your saber art. Given this situation, what do you think will happen if your body could recover by a large degree?”

Two Moons’ mouth was open and he was at a loss for words.

So, she answered for him, “Your body will be better but your saber art will suffer. You will once again have to make modifications, undoing many years of progress you have made. Instead, I suggest that you seek to improve your Dao by referencing other saber arts by cultivators with physical disabilities similar to yours. More specifically, a dual saber art by someone with a weaker left arm than their right arm.”

This time around, the reaction was more muted. The young genius participants of the Dao preaching event could not refute her words but her suggestion also could not be proven. Where would anyone go to find such an art on such short notice?

To this, Zhou Ziyun turned to Tang Liang with a teasing smile, “Sister Tang, would you happen to know of something like this?”

Tang Liang wanted to cry. She did really know of one. How could she not? She had read countless cultivation books in various libraries to prepare for this event. Curse her perfect memory, she could reproduce every page and every word without fault. But now, her talent was being used for another’s benefit!

“I… do.” Tang Liang sighed in defeat, “There is one from around eight hundred years ago. There was a loose cultivator who left behind a saber art with the title Double Crescent Blood Moon. It was written that they managed to reach the lesser realm of Spiritual Formation. By all measures, this saber art was high-quality by ordinary measures. But it was never popular and it was buried under other saber arts. The reason was that its creator had a birth defect that resulted in a stunted and much weaker left arm. Thus, the two sabers were of unequal size and the movements and techniques were awkward for normal people.”

Zhou Ziyun nodded in appreciation. She had taken a gamble and it had paid off. She knew of nothing to actually help Two Moons improve his strength and attack power. She couldn’t exactly teach him the Flying Dragon Saber Art. Thankfully, the little devil and the House of Armament were willing to help her.

“Excellent, could you please demonstrate it for us? I think senior Two Moons, with his many years of expertise with the saber, will be able to pick out some inspirations.”

Wordlessly, Tang Liang pulled out two sabers, one large and one small, and began. Her movements were a bit stiff but it was good enough. As someone experienced with all kinds of weapons from a young age, she at least had this basic amount of skill.

Two Moons watched it all with rapt attention. He muttered to himself as he twirled his sabers about to mimic what was being shown. All of his remaining doubts were slashed to pieces and he grew more and more excited.

Once Tang Liang was finished, Two Moons stepped up to the strength-testing totem with a smaller saber in his left hand. He let out a long breath and then leaped into action.

Killing intent developed over decades of bloodshed burst out. Saber intent surged. The two sabers in his hand became like blurs as they slashed down.

Ka!

The ghostly eager head shimmered from the impact. After a moment, six solid glowing balls remained, signifying an attack power at the 6th Level of the Spirit Initiate Realm.

“Hahaha… Hahaha!” The mercenary burst out into joyful laughter, “It worked. It really worked. My saber art can finally progress. What a wonderful Double Crescent Blood Moon. Wonderful! Although the power is a little lacking now, it doesn't matter since I will definitely be able to increase my cultivation by combining my saber art with it!”

He then turned to Zhou Ziyun and knelt down, “Lady Zhou and Ten Thousand Flower Valley, please receive this one’s bow!”

As his forehead touched the ground over and over, only Zhou Ziyun stood proud in the grassy meadow, a flower in full bloom.

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by up to 140 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

25