289. Rainbow Canyon Temple
5.4k 7 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Wentian ended up spending slightly over five hundred thousand taels of gold that evening. They were both completely full by the second course but they kept ordering. Those they could not eat, he stored away in his spatial bag. Although the freshness could not be kept for long, it was still quite good if it was only for a few hours. Since he was spending so much money, he would share the goodies with his other disciples.

At the end of the meal, Su Yue received the golden feather for her ‘great contribution’. It cost a small fortune but he was willing to spend it to simply prove a point. Nobody was going to bully his disciple for free.

She was happy for completing the challenge. She was also extremely appreciative and that evening, she thanked him over and over again in many ways, too numerous to mention.

The next day, Chen Wentian reshuffled the challenge teams to provide his disciples maximum protection and teamwork. The twins reunited and along with Song Wushuang formed a three-person team, one that had two immortal souls of the fire wolf and ice wolf between them. Li Yuechan remained on her own but she had both the giant mole worm as well as Tortoise Can Fly. Lin Qingcheng and Xu Lanyi were still together, still working on the missing cultivator mystery. They only had the golden serpent at first but were now supplemented with Chen Mo.

This left Zhou Ziyun, who remained by herself within the libraries of the Sky District. There were fewer dangers in such a sacred location within the capital. He decided she would be fine for the time being and went off on his own to investigate his enemies.

Chen Wentian arrived at Ember Cliffs in the Canyonland district. This was the first location on his target list. It was where Li Yuechan and Xu Lanyi narrowly managed to avoid a trap set by some people with evil intentions.

“Rainbow Canyon Temple… Let me see your true nature!” Chen Wentian muttered.

His eyes narrowed as he zoomed off towards the canyons to the north.

It was only a short flight and he soon arrived at the location of the sect. It was a winding canyon around thirty or forty kilometers long and over two or three kilometers in depth. The top of the canyon was not a continuous plateau as the land had already been eroded by the eons. Huge pillars of rock remained in certain areas, almost like fingers of the gods.

The most striking thing was that the kilometer-tall walls of the canyon were in all sorts of colors, not just of the rainbow but in between as well as outside of its bounds. It was an explosion as well as a combination of colors at the same time. It was truly a rainbow canyon.

The temple was situated all along the canyon, with buildings at the bottom next to the winding river or built into the canyon walls. There were tens of thousands of disciples cultivating below. Some were climbing rocks and training their strength. Others were meditating atop many of the rainbow-colored pillars that contained a myriad of spiritual energies of all attributes.

It could be said that the appeal of the Rainbow Canyon Temple was that it did not have a specialty. It was a place where anyone could find a home because it was a jack of all trades but a master of none.

He flew into the canyon without hiding his immortal aura. This had the expected response. Disciples below ducked for cover and many emergency talismans were activated at once. Soon, not one but two auras rose to meet him.

True to the reputation of the capital, even the immortal sects here were much stronger than ordinary immortal sects in the provinces. A sect having more than one Spirit Lord automatically took it to another level. It meant it was able to consistently produce talents as well as raise them to break through their mortal shackles. Their history would endure for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Two men flew up and blocked Chen Wentian’s way. One of them was quite old, with shimmering white robes that morphed into different shades of silver under the sunlight. The other one was around middle-aged and had on a radiant ensemble of different colors.

“Halt! This is the domain of Rainbow Canyon Temple!” The younger one shouted.

Chen Wentian smiled casually and pulled back his flaming aura, “Immortal Blue Dragon Chen Wentian greets two seniors. I apologize for coming unannounced and so suddenly. I hope did not startle anyone.”

“Hoh… It is actually such a famous name! Well met!” The old one laughed, “I am Kun Yi. This here is my son, Kun Fei. He is the sect master as I am already retired.”

“Elder Lord Kun, my complements to an excellent immortal father and son! Truly a talented family!” Chen Wentian replied.

“Lord Chen, your words are too gracious… Though, you still came by unannounced… is there anything you seek?” Kun Yi asked.

Chen Wentian nodded and went straight to the point, “Do you have a disciple named Kun Meng? What is his status within your esteemed family?”

Kun Yi looked at his son, Kun Fei, who frowned slightly.

“Lord Chen, Kun Meng is a core disciple and my grandson,” The younger one replied, “Although his talent is average, it is good enough to become an elder in the future. Why do you ask about him?”

Chen Wentian laughed disarmingly, “Good, good. I am not here for any unhappy business. Instead, I am here because I heard of good news about Kun Meng from my disciples.”

“Oh?”

Both father and son looked skeptical. They understood the scandal that Kun Meng caused. It was impossible for them to be at ease with their guilty hearts.

“Truly. My disciples, Li Yuechan and Xu Lanyi, met this Kun Meng during a Golden Feather Hunt challenge in Hell’s Grotto. They had nothing but good things to say about an excellent cultivator and well-raised young man.”

Kun Yi and Kun Fei didn’t reply. They were still trying to figure out what was going on. Chen Wentian’s tone was sincere, without an ounce of sarcasm or ill-intent. However, his words seemed wrong and made them feel uncomfortable.

“Although they did not have a chance to tackle the Hell’s Grotto together with your disciple, they still appreciated Kun Meng’s assistance and advice during the short time they were acquainted. I have to admit that Kun Meng left a great impression. They were saddened and overjoyed at the same time to hear that he managed to find his true love within the caves. Even I was surprised when I heard that it was a double match. I am here to offer my congratulations on your disciples’ upcoming nuptials with disciples of the Legendary Fighter League. Although I won’t be able to attend the festivities in a few months, I am here bearing gifts from myself and my disciples.”

The elder Kun Yi was the first to react. He laughed brightly gave thanks.

“Immortal Blue Dragon is a true man amongst men. A person with a broad mind and generous heart. Come, come! Let me treat you properly as a guest. Kun Fei!”

“Yes, father.”

“Go, go find Kun Meng and Shen Kexing so that they can receive Lord Chen's graciousness.”

“Yes!” Kun Fei bowed and shot away.

“Lord Chen, please, this way.” Kun Yi waved his hand towards a glittering palace nearby.

“Elder Lord Kun, please, lead the way.”

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 5 or even 10 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

65